Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5408090 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 08, 2016
A very goodmorning to my people o. Frankdoho, I pray it works for our mama Fvine this way too o.

Phlegmatic, happy belated birthday to your hubby. This AF eeh. Imagine coming on his birthday! undecided

Pweetiebabe, God dey o. Make those tips behave abeg. It shall be well.

Janix2, take a big hug.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 08, 2016
Pls o, I have a question. Dh & I have concluded that we will see a gynae by month end. But b4 then, we want to do infection treatment using injection method. Not the tablets route cos we want a quick n easy way. Dh can fear drugs eh. And he studied all these drugs & chemicals o in sch.

My question is- is this injection method not better n more effective?
I ask cos mamas have not mentioned it here to my hearing. kiss Unlike the tablets route that we all talk about.
Thanks.
cc: Fvine
Sugah
Legendsmother
or any other sabi mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jellos: 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
Hello Loisemm,injection is far effective cos it is intravenous and it goes straight to the blood to kill the infection. That is what finalize my infection thereafter started adding Jik to my bathing water as correcting advices by my doctor through God's intervention. since last two years till date infections is out of my system.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by momoftheyear16: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2016
I think you see more of drug suggestions because most people prefer taking drugs to Injections and also it's cheaper to get and save you the stress of all the protocols b4 taking injections.
For me I prefer Injection because I hate drugs. When I have Malaria, it's Injections st8 and before u know, I'm much better. The effect is faster since it gets to the bloodstream quicker.
Do go ahead with the Injections. I'm sure it will yield faster and better results.

Loisemm:
Pls o, I have a question.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by phelgmatic: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2016
FruitfulRay, Child260. orney twinmummy2 Fvine and Loisemm thanks mamas and amen to your prayers.

Loisemm you dey mind the silly af. It ruined my day yesterday with menstrual pain but I give God all the glory. I heard injections are better. Will follow suit soon sef.

Mamas abeg make una no mind my silly question.. I no sabi materials at all. Please someone should give me an example of cotton panties. As suggested here, I need to change to cotton panties to combat infection. I want to know if that's what I have. I manage to know silk and all these Nigerian materials and lace. I be wan post picture of my panta for here but people fit vex and nowhere to put viewers discretion. TIA

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by claudia50(f): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Have being trying to learn how to reply here for a long time.........actually there was naira lander that asked that the after effect of pregnancare pre-conception pill is much......when u re on it pls take it with heavy meal and more convinent when u re sure that u re about to rest. for those having issue with ovulation, pls take it easy on stress factors including your partner then continue with the drug of choice from ur gynea to make u ovulate plus pregnacare pre-conception pill. Adviseable start midcycle. To prepare for the next cycle.....which you success @legendsmother where are u.....i finally posted on my own

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by claudia50(f): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2016
@phelmatic cotton most time is the type of mateial we call China white material use in making uniform, soft, and easily absorbs water....it has different colours and design some lace pants are lined with cotton material at the place the pussy is suppose to be.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chumz11: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2016
Pls I have a question for the sabi mamas in the house,my period started on Monday on Tuesday I noticed my cervix was very high and soft in the morning while I was bathing in the night while bathing it was still high and I noticed slimy discharge since den my period became very scanty and I normally hv heavy period till d 4th day.what could this mean
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
Jellos n momoftheyear16 ,thanks a lot.
phelgmatic ,OK o.
I have just made our appointment for it at the hospital. After registering, the matron said they will place us on 6 days antibiotic injections. 5k for each of us.
She said we will see the gynae n another consultant later like we plan to & combined with prayers, we will conceive. I pray o. I am happy we are taking more concrete steps. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
chumz11, high n soft rings a bell. Sabi mamas dey come. May we all testify dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omoyeni3601: 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
Mama fvine , I will like to pm you privately , need your advice on somethings

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
Loisemm:
Pls o, I have a question. Dh & I have concluded that we will see a gynae by month end. But b4 then, we want to do infection treatment using injection method. Not the tablets route cos we want a quick n easy way. Dh can fear drugs eh. And he studied all these drugs & chemicals o in sch.

I ask cos mamas have not mentioned it here to my hearing. kiss Unlike the tablets route that we all talk about.
Thanks.
Sugah
Legendsmother
or any other sabi mama
I cant say one method is better than the other but My Dr's protocol for infection is Injection for 21 days. Taking Intravenously though.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
phelgmatic:
FruitfulRay, Child260. orney twinmummy2 Fvine and Loisemm thanks mamas and amen to your prayers.

Loisemm you dey mind the silly af. It ruined my day yesterday with menstrual pain but I give God all the glory. I heard injections are better. Will follow suit soon sef.

Mamas abeg make una no mind my silly question.. I no sabi materials at all. Please someone should give me an example of cotton panties. As suggested here, I need to change to cotton panties to combat infection. I want to know if that's what I have. I manage to know silk and all these Nigerian materials and lace. I be wan post picture of my panta for here but people fit vex and nowhere to put viewers discretion. TIA
Cotton is absorbent while the other regular panties materials aren't
Cotton panties mostly have the texture of those adult male white singlets also the texture of regular Polo tops

These are the description that comes to mind. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by babydelight(f): 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pls chrisdada16 how can I get this Akure woman or probably send me ur phone number for further enquiry plssss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by babydelight(f): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chrisdada16:
Finally WIDD
Wen I saw my AF on 8 of June I felt so bad bt was determined dat it would b d last for d year, den I remember a friend whose grandma is very good with fertility issues so she took me dere immediately I got to d place I knew my case was settled cos I met some pple with blocked fallopian tubes, anovulation and others even does whose case were spiritual and most of them were preg already jus come around for checkup. D woman shud b in her 80s den she prayed for me and placed some tin DAT looks like a traditional stethoscope on my navel,she then started tellin me tins I do wrong one of which was checking for cervical mucus and some other tins den she told me to stop them she said I heard something called EDA in Yoruba. she said d womb was hot and it not making it convenient for fertilization and implantation.so she gave me sometimes to drink like agbo and she rub my tommy too with sometin den gave me agbo to take home to use. den I asked for my charges bt was surprised wen she said it is God dat directed her to treat pple and he is d one DAT gives children so she does not charge pple for it bt I jus appreciated her with small change not even up to 3k she lukd at me and prayed for me she even told me d sex of d baby I was surprised she said I wilnt finish d drugs before I get my BFP and truly I avnt used half of it. Akure mamas dat would not mind going there can call
pls can u send me ur phone no to call u as regards to that Akure woman and how to locate him. Pls u can send to to my no 08065797073

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumkachi: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Fruitful mamas, please torchlight this tvs result for me:

an anteverted, non-gravid, normal sized uterus measuring (6.4 x 5.7 x 5.1)cm in dimensions is seen with a heterogenous myometrial echotexture.

The endometrial plate is thickened.

There is a hypoechoic round mass measuring (2.5 x 3.2)cm noted at the posterior segment of the uterine wall.

Both adnexal are sonographically normal. No focal ovarian cyst or mass sighted.

There is significant fluid collection seen in the pouch of Douglas.

Baby dust to us all.

Sugah
other sabi mamas
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omoyeni3601: 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Fvine , abeg get through to me , with this gmail Omoyeni3601@gmail.com
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Omoyeni3601:
Fvine , abeg get through to me , with this gmail Omoyeni3601@gmail.com
Alright Sis. I've been waiting to see the PM. I'll send you an email right away.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Just thought to share dis from today's Nigerian Tribune news paper on the benefits of WALNUT.

OKAY FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT SEE THE PIX VERY WELL

Read below as copied from Nigeria Tribune's site

[b]AFRICAN WALNUT: THE HEAL-ALL YOU MUST EAT

September 08, 2016 / : Vera Onana

For the younger generation, who may often seek validation from social media while holding the 21st century in their ‘e-palms’, African walnut may be relegated to the bottom of fruit options as some weird looking black fruit, only the old should relish. Ironically, the innumerable health benefits of this seemingly not so trendy and tasty fruit, surpasses all the likes one could ever get on social media.

Two years ago, a duo of teenagers developed a natural cure for halitosis, otherwise known as bad breath. The active ingredient of both their products (gum and mouthwash) was the walnut. That discovery, won Eveshorhema Sophia Samuel-Alli and Ibukunoluwa Ruth Oladeinde of Doregos Private Academy, Ipaja, Lagos, a Life Science Award of $1,000 in the Medicine and Health Science category, courtesy, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society that year.

Enveloped in a thick black wall, the African Walnut, which has a creamy inner colour and a bitter after taste, has been described by experts as a wonder fruit, capable of curing a litany of diseases. The African walnut, locally called (Asala or Awusa in Yoruba; Ukpa in Igbo; and Okhue or Okwe in Edo) belongs to the botanical family Euphorbiaceae and is a highly versatile nut. Asides from its medicine and health uses, it serves a number of other uses such as furniture and dye making.

Last year, a research paper published in the Journal of Global Biosciences, itemized the many benefits of African walnut following the findings from a research work on the fruit titled “Studies on the Phytochemical and Nutritional properties of Tetracarpidium conophorum (black walnut) seeds.”

Based on the findings of researchers, Ojobor Chijioke, Anosike Chioma, both from the Department of Biochemistry, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and Ani Collins of the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Agriculture, Makurdi, the African walnut contains phytochemicals like alkaloid, saponins, glycoside and reducing sugar in high abundance. The study also showed that contained in the African walnut was also moderate amounts of soluble carbohydrate. However, other phytochemicals such as flavonoid and tannins were observed in trace amounts while hydrogen cyanide and terpenoid were not detected in the walnut samples.

According to the researchers, “phytochemicals are biologically active compounds, which contribute significantly to protection against degenerative diseases.” Flavonoids are known to have protective effects including anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, antiviral, and anti-carcinogenic properties.

“The presence of tannins in the walnut sample suggest that it could be used for healing of haemorrhoids and varicose ulcers in herbal medicine.”

Alkaloids are the most effective plant substance used therapeutically as analgesic, antimicrobial and bacterial properties. “This may probably be the reason walnut is believed to stop asthma (not acute asthma) and also a constipation cure for elderly.”

Also, the findings indicated that the high amount of saponins in the walnut samples points to the fact that walnut has a cytotoxic effect such as permealisation of the intestine. The presence of saponin, which gives the plant its bitter taste, has relationship with sex hormones like oxytocin which is involved in controlling the onset of labour in women and the subsequent release of milk.

While carrying out the vitamin analyses of the fruit, the researchers observed the presence of vitamins A, C and E in appreciable amounts and other vitamins like D, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12, were found in trace amounts. They discussed that the presence of such vitamins in walnut indicates that it can be used in the treatment of skin conditions, including eczema, pruritus, psoriasis and parasitic skin conditions. Also, it can be useful vitamin in the treatment of common cold and prostate cancer. The report also indicates that walnut could be used in treatment of indigestion, constipation and diarrhea. The exceptionally high content of vitamin E in walnut supports its use in Southern Nigeria ethno-medicine as a male fertility agent.

Based on the book, Medicinal Plants of Nigeria- South West Nigeria Volume 1, compiled and published by Nigeria Natural Medicine Development Agency (NNMDA), here are several other reasons why walnuts must be a part of every Nigerian’s diet.

Fertility purposes

In local ethnomedicine, walnuts are used as a male fertility agent; the leaves are used to improve fertility in male and chewing the walnut improves sperm count. Eating around two handfuls of walnuts a day over a period of 12weeks will improve sperm health in young men. Walnut seeds are used to treat uterine fibroids and chewing walnuts helps prevent miscarriage.

For treatment of pain

The leaf juice of the African walnut is considered a headache cure in southern Nigeria and is used to improve and regulate menstrual flow. The leaf juice is drunk to mitigate prolonged and /or constant hiccups.

Cardiovascular benefits

African walnut helps prevent heart disease and is recommended for lowering cholesterol. Walnuts are rich in compounds such as omega 3 essential fatty acids that reduce hardening of the arteries, prevent erratic heart rhythms and keep them flexible. Walnuts also contain relatively high levels of L-arginine, an essential amino acid that is converted into nitric oxide, a chemical that helps to keep the inner walls of blood vessels smooth and allows blood vessels to relax.

Anti ageing benefits

African walnuts contain numerous antioxidants like vitamin E, melatonin, manganese, selenium, ellagic acid and about 16 different polyphenols. All these elements are known to prevent cellular damage; hence they help in the reduction of age-related diseases.

Cancer prevention

African walnuts contain multiple ingredients; omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and phytosterols that, individually, have been shown to slow cancer growth.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Fvine, thanks sis. 4realwoman, no be small thing. Good info there. Oshe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dadsonval(f): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pass me not o gentle saviour hear my humble cry while not others thou art calling do not pass me by

Saviour Saviour Saviour hear my humble cry, why others thou art calling, do not pass me by.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Michael100013: 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
Fertility and being overweight (PART 1)

If you’re trying to get pregnant, or intend to start trying,
know that being overweight, especially significantly so can
affect your chances of conceiving and having a healthy baby.
If you are overweight and planning to get pregnant in the next
year or few years, you might commit to a healthy eating and
regular exercise plan. Losing even a few kilos can make a difference.
The father’s weight can also affect your chances of getting pregnant.

How can I tell if I’m ‘overweight’ or ‘obese’?
One common measure of whether a person is ‘overweight’ or ‘obese’
is the body mass index or BMI. You calculate your BMI by dividing
your weight in kilograms by the square of your height in metres.
The Better Health Channel has a BMI calculator and further information
about BMI. A healthy BMI is considered to be between 18.5 and 24.9.
Having a BMI between 25 and 29.9 is considered ‘overweight’ and a
BMI over 30 is considered ‘obese’.

How can I lose weight?
With a healthy eating plan and regular exercise, you’ll be on your way
to a healthy weight. View our healthy weight fact sheet for some tips on
how to LiveLighter.

The Dieticians Association of Australia website has some excellent
information about creating your own healthy diet plan. You can also visit
the Australian Government’s Healthy Weight website for more information on
a ‘balanced diet’ and guidelines for how much exercise you need to do to both
lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.

Being underweight and fertility

Being underweight can also reduce a woman’s fertility. It can cause hormone
imbalances that affect ovulation and therefore a woman’s chance of getting
pregnant. Compared to healthy weight women, underweight women are more than
twice as likely to take more than a year to get pregnant. Having a BMI under
18.5 is considered ‘underweight’.

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT: +2348160968534, +2348027452082, daramolamichael70@gmail.com

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUR WEBSITE: www.healthmodify.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfulhome: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
GOODEVENING fruitful family. My DH has finally agreed with me to choose a doctor for follow-ups. Thamks to Mamakendra. she suggested an affordable place to me. So we are repeating all the test we did previously .

I went for Pelvic scan today every thing was Ok but I'm surprised to see a mature follicle of 27cm on the right ovary on day 26. It is possible? AF might be out tonight or 2moro
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
claudia50:
Have being trying to learn u success @legendsmother where are u.....i finally posted on my own

@nurse claudia50 am here ooo afar na?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chumz11: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
chumz11:
Pls I have a question for the sabi mamas in the house,my period started on Monday on Tuesday I noticed my cervix was very high and soft in the morning while I was bathing in the night while bathing it was still high and I noticed slimy discharge since den my period became very scanty and I normally hv heavy period till d 4th day.what could this mean
sabi mamas any insight pls
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gambros: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
fruitfulhome:
GOODEVENING fruitful family. My DH has finally agreed with me to choose a doctor for follow-ups. Thamks to Mamakendra. she suggested an affordable place to me. So we are repeating all the test we did previously .

I went for Pelvic scan today every thing was Ok but I'm surprised to see a mature follicle of 27cm on the right ovary on day 26. It is possible? AF might be out tonight or 2moro

It's possible, especially if u are short cycled.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BidemsBVH: 1:14am On Sep 09, 2016
For fertility treatment, mymectomy surgery, fertility investigations,IVF etc visit us at Simco ummeekun str. off Isawo road,Okiki Bustop Agric Ikorodu,Lagos
Annex Address :
Lagos - shagamu road Ayelala Bustop.
Odogunyan ikorodu,Lagos
Email : info@bidemvictoryhospital.com
. SHALOM.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfulhome: 5:41am On Sep 09, 2016
Gambros:

It's possible, especially if u are short cycled.

My cycle is always 26 days but on @some occasions, 25 days. The last pelvic scan I did, the follicle was seen around day 12. So I'm wondering if the scan is correct
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mommatriplets: 8:03am On Sep 09, 2016
@fruitful home, its likely a follicle that didnt ripen, and thus formed a cyst.
just that tvs is expensive, if not it would be nice tracking every month, that way one can b sure of ovulation, especially for those with unexplained infertility.
cheapest place i have seen is 4k/scan in abuja, and one needs abt 3 or 4 scans every month!.
another angle might b u may be amongst those who ovulate during menses, to cover that angle, its best u bd today/2moro till af comes and if posible 2nd day of af, too bad most place might not want to track for u while af is around, it would have been nice to know the fate of that cycst.

also i would suggest you use guifei bao after af to drain the cyst if indeed twas a cyst.
the lab recorded it as cyst abi?, not graffian follicle?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 09, 2016
@Fvine and other sabi mama. Pls help me with the interpretation of the 3rd day of my hormonal profile result( got the result today)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Reigning4Christ: 11:01am On Sep 09, 2016
Good morning mamas. for those battling with hormonal imbalance, high prolactin... . use one or two packs of Fohow singing oral to detoxify then use Fohow sea weed calcium, Ares capsules, guifei bao, if you can afford Fohow oral liquid,good.
I also made mention of men using guifei bao for infection and weak erection. for weak erection remove the net of the guifei bao, place it on the naval and seal with plaster, leave it for two days then remove while for infection same procedure but to be placed at the opening of the penis and removed 24 hours. you can try it, no side effect but immediate results. thank you for reading. do have a nice day. wish you all baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jellos: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2016
@ chrisdada16, does the woman live in Akure? If no please post her address and contact. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.