Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5407662 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
awesomemrs:

@tripletwins222

In a situation like this, you need to take charge. Don't let anyone confuse you ma'am.

Hormonal assay is run on day 2 or day 3 (FSH, LH, PROLACTIN) while on day 21, testing for progesterone is done.

HSG is done after your period and before your ovulation, typically done between day 8 and 10 of your cycle. Please don't do HSG on CD 19. You don't want to harm the foetus growing there (By His Grace).

Since those labs are confused, go to other labs that know what they are doing. Mecure or Clinix is okay. Or any other good lab around.

Baby dust dear.

Thanks for your input dear.
I don't know whether the doctor will accept d result from another lab apart from the one he referred. I even asked him if I can do it elsewhere close to me and he said he just need a reliable result from a reputable lab and that was why he directed me there.
Still running around for d money for d tests though. It's really not easy at all cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
awesomemrs:

Congratulations ma'am. When God Is set to do it, even water sef will work.

I'm next in line for a miracle, amen

True, you're right mama.

May God remember us all and gift us with blessed children.

I saw your mention. Thanks sis. I'm kuku here... Just caught up in a lot of things trying to tackle this issue. My worry-meter now on the rise. Crying a lot more recently.

May God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
mum4eva:
Good evening fruitful mamas..its a bfp after trying for almost one year.. Please join me and praise the Almighty God.. I have been a silent member though..

Widd

Last month, a mama(i can't remember her moniker) posted something about taking vitb6 few days after ovulation.. I decided to try it.. I bought 100naira counting ones ..took it once in the morning and once in the night.. I didn't even finish it before I tested positive with urine last week..God used 100naira vitb6 to give me my bfp.. I never ceased praying and trusting God though.. Baby dust on all of us.. We all must testify soon in Jesus name, Amen.

Wow, thank you Lord God!

Congratulations to you and your family, mama baby. By God's grace, you'll carry to term and you shall not experience any loss whatsoever.

God will bless the rest of us too with our miracle babies in Jesus Name

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
positivemummy2:

Congratulations, Mama,father ,we thank you for this wonderful testimony,,
let the rain of BFP's start pouring on this thread ,There is none like you,oh lord .

Sis, did you get my email? How are you?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
LovethYem:
hello Mama in house a sister introduce this place to me have been trying to conceive for more than 2 years please help me what can i take? have done all test am perfectly okay even my husband but there is something Doctor said when i did laparoscopic, they cant see the end of my tube. Please can this cause delay? Also my period is irregular i mean it doesnt come the same date its either 26days ,27days ,28days,29days and at the end of year Nov and Dec it will be 30days have observe it for two years now. Please help me out tell me what to do. Doctor recommend clomid to me but am scare to take it cos it has ones cause me cyst it was God that heal me so am afraid of taking it again. Today is 6th day of my period can i still take it or not? what can i take now that am near to my ovulation? Please help this shame and disgrace is much my mother inlaw is close to 70 and my husband is the only child she needs grand child amd am 38 please mama help me

Oh sis, my heart goes out to you.

It is well with you in Jesus Name.

First and foremost, your period is regular with what you described.

You can take Letrozole instead of clomid. I react to clomid as well.

Considering your age sis, I'll advice that you hit the ground running. You don't have the time to wait on teeny weeny pieces of advice from the internet.

Please go register at a good fertility clinic and work with your doctor for a solution.

There you can look into Assisted Reproductive Treatment. Start with Ovulation induction with timed intercourse. If it does not work, proceed to IUI. IUI has been known to work for unexplained infertility. If this fails (I pray it doesn't), then consider IVF if you have the funds for it.

Also, do not forget the place of prayer. Tackle things spiritually. It helps greatly... For success in whatever route you choose to take and for provision and peace in your heart and in your home at this time.

But what does your doctor mean by not being able to see the end of your tube? That might be a red flag. But we can't tell except he's more specific about his findings during lap.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tripletwins222:

Thanks for your input dear.
I don't know whether the doctor will accept d result from another lab apart from the one he referred. I even asked him if I can do it elsewhere close to me and he said he just need a reliable result from a reputable lab and that was why he directed me there.
Still running around for d money for d tests though. It's really not easy at all cry

I doubt he will reject results from mecure or Clinix.... Most doctors recognise these labs as reputable ones. We shall all testify to God's miraculous power, I believe.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=Jaymamma post=76376774]

Oh my Jaymamma, please be strong dear. I know it ain't easy, but God is still in the business of answering His children.... This is what I hold on to when I feel down too. Sending you hugs and kisses from this end. You are loved ma'am. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
LovethYem:
hello Mama in house a sister introduce this place to me have been trying to conceive for more than 2 years please help me what can i take? have done all test am perfectly okay even my husband but there is something Doctor said when i did laparoscopic, they cant see the end of my tube. Please can this cause delay? Also my period is irregular i mean it doesnt come the same date its either 26days ,27days ,28days,29days and at the end of year Nov and Dec it will be 30days have observe it for two years now. Please help me out tell me what to do. Doctor recommend clomid to me but am scare to take it cos it has ones cause me cyst it was God that heal me so am afraid of taking it again. Today is 6th day of my period can i still take it or not? what can i take now that am near to my ovulation? Please help this shame and disgrace is much my mother inlaw is close to 70 and my husband is the only child she needs grand child amd am 38 please mama help me
Welcome sis, may your space be short and fruitful
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by softclickppc(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Infertility- Who is Responsible - The Man Or The Woman?

See this Vox Populi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpT7PNAZOY

Please don't forget to subscribe here
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLivinghealthTv

Thank You for Viewing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by folash: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
Tripletwins222:
Gud day fruitful mothers!

Pls, I need to be clarified on this;
I went to see a gynaecologist at Badagry General Hospital yesterday being CD17, after some investigation, he told me to run some test with my hubby. Mine includes TVS, Hormonal Test and HSG. My hubby's, Culture and SFA. He referred me to a private lab to run Hormonal test and HSG as d hospital doesn't have enough equipments. I met a woman where I went to do TVS at the hospital. She asked me my last menstrual date, I told her. She now told me go for hormonal test on 18th March( I should be on CD7 then if my next period comes on 12th which I don't pray for). She said I should call her when I see my next period so that she can tell me when to go for HSG. After doing TVS at d hospital, I decided to go to d private lab myself to make enquiries. The sonographer asked me my last menstrual date, my previous 2cycles date. After calculation, he told me to come for the hormonal test tomorrow being CD19 and HSG, few days after my period. I became more confused. He even told that it's only 4 hormones that would be tested instead of 5. Which one am I to follow. I now told the guy that I thought hormonal test is being done on CD2 or CD3 and on CD19-CD21 on one's cycle depending on d length of d cycle(ie it's done twice in a cycle) He told me that he has never heard of doing any hormonal test while on period. My people, ayam really confused ooo! Na so my head wan scatter with thinking yesterday ooo. Please mamas, I know many of us have gone through these, pls your advice is needed urgently. My next appointment is on 1st April. Thanks.

Apology 4 d lengthy post.

Here is my TVS result on CD17. Pls, kindly interpret it for me. As at 1st June, 2018, the fibroids were measuring 61mmx72mm, 38mmx46mm and 23mmx27mm respectively.
Obviously the two labs don't know what they are doing. Please go to clinix. They are very reputable, and their results are accepted by most doctors in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alexandy2014(f): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello mamas
I have about 30 capsules of omega 369 to give out to any mama in Abuja precisely. Pick up at national hospital tomorrow or mararaba within the week. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chiagozie1: 5:10am On Mar 06, 2019
Please ma, am interested for my wife who is Abuja,I have sent you a dm smiley
Alexandy2014:
Hello mamas
I have about 30 capsules of omega 369 to give out to any mama in Abuja precisely. Pick up at national hospital tomorrow or mararaba within the week. Tnx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakky26(f): 5:42am On Mar 06, 2019
Can i get testimonies from.anyone that has used libracin.herbal products beforeto treat interrtility and bacteria infection issues www.libracin.com .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by blendz4real(m): 6:14am On Mar 06, 2019
mum4eva:
Good evening fruitful mamas..its a bfp after trying for almost one year.. Please join me and praise the Almighty God.. I have been a silent member though..

Widd

Last month, a mama(i can't remember her moniker) posted something about taking vitb6 few days after ovulation.. I decided to try it.. I bought 100naira counting ones ..took it once in the morning and once in the night.. I didn't even finish it before I tested positive with urine last week..God used 100naira vitb6 to give me my bfp.. I never ceased praying and trusting God though.. Baby dust on all of us.. We all must testify soon in Jesus name, Amen.

Congratulations,
Please what's the dosage of the vitb6 you were taking?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AnnGrace: 6:21am On Mar 06, 2019
Teeworld13:
ooops. I think sfa (seminal fluid analysis) is a fertility test for men and not an infection. I stand to be corrected please

Ok. thanks. But which test can l or hubby do to check for any infection.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shithapuns: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2019
AnnGrace:

sfa for men comes in 2 options.
1. sfa alone cost 2k to 4k in most places
2. sfa = mcs /culture cost 4k to 10k, here in addition to checking the semen, it is also cultured to see what microbes will grown

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 06, 2019
I trust some of our sabi mamas will respond to your question soon... I am a learner too sis lol

AnnGrace:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alexandy2014(f): 9:00am On Mar 06, 2019
chiagozie1:

Ok sir
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2019
Thanks Sis i appreciate. Please can take the Letrozole today? Today mark the 8days of my period is it still posible to take it today. kindly advise. Thanks

Jaymamma:

Considering your age sis, I'll advice that you hit the ground running. You don't have the time to wait on teeny weeny pieces of advice from the internet.

Please go register at a good fertility clinic and work with your doctor for a solution.

There you can look into Assisted Reproductive Treatment. Start with Ovulation induction with timed intercourse. If it does not work, proceed to IUI. IUI has been known to work for unexplained infertility. If this fails (I pray it doesn't), then consider IVF if you have the funds for it.

Also, do not forget the place of prayer. Tackle things spiritually. It helps greatly... For success in whatever route you choose to take and for provision and peace in your heart and in your home at this time.

But what does your doctor mean by not being able to see the end of your tube? That might be a red flag. But we can't tell except he's more specific about his findings during lap.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2019
AnnGrace:

Your DH = SFA + MCS (This checks your hubby sperm count and reveals if there is any infection)

YOU = HVS

All the best...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2019
@Lovethyem

No, you can't ma. Leteozole is taken starting from day 2, 3, 4 or 5 and you take it for 5 days. For example, if you start on day 2, it means your last dosage will be in day 6.

just like the days you take Clomid....
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 9:46am On Mar 06, 2019
i registered in UCH that is where i did laparoscopic scan and discover they cant see end of my tube though according to doctor it doesnt cause delay and since then no drug nothing from doctor again except last 3weeks he wrote clomid to me which i cant take please let me knw if i can buy letrozoletoday and take am begin to fedup and weary but i hope in God. waiting for your response

Jaymamma:

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2019
oh thanks okay i will try it next month i appreciate.

awesomemrs:
@Lovethyem

No, you can't ma. Leteozole is taken starting from day 2, 3, 4 or 5 and you take it for 5 days. For example, if you start on day 2, it means your last dosage will be in day 6.

just like the days you take Clomid....

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2019
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
chiagozie1:

Thanks ma please ma who should i ask of when i get there am sending my Brother to help me collect it and send it to me in Ibadan. he base in Abuja there. waiting for your response ma
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Alexandy2014:
Hello mamas

Thanks. Please ma who should i ask of when i get there am sending my Brother to help me collect it and send it to me in Ibadan. he base in Abuja there. waiting for your response ma
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Emaaaaaaa: 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
Dear Mama's,

I have been married for 6years now without conception. I have done HSG and I was told everything is okay even though my hubby is having low sperm count with 2million. I'm thinking of going for IVF. Which hospital can you suggest with high success rate of IVF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 12:14pm On Mar 06, 2019
Pweetiebabe:
Welcome sis, may your space be short and fruitful

Amen. thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
Emaaaaaaa:
Dear Mama's,

I have been married for 6years now without conception. I have done HSG and I was told everything is okay even though my hubby is having low sperm count with 2million. I'm thinking of going for IVF. Which hospital can you suggest with high success rate of IVF

God will hear your crying and open your womb ma. I want to suggest you treat low sperm count of your hubby first before you do hsg. Wait for mama in the house to recommend good lab for you

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
[quote author=awesomemrs post=76378021][/quote]

Thanks so much ma. kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
LovethYem:

Thanks Sis i appreciate. Please can take the Letrozole today? Today mark the 8days of my period is it still posible to take it today. kindly advise. Thanks

No sis, you can't. Dosage is as awesomemrs described.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.