Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5401528 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2019
Eclement:
Hello Good afternoon. There is a bit of confusion that besiege me as I type.

Here is the summary of my wife's story

She began to feel some symptoms like nausea,fatigue and something that resembles implantation bleeding. We ran to the hospital to test and her blood tested positive. We came home but her urine tested negative.

Since blood gives a more legit information about hCG, we weren't perturbed about her urine.

But to our surprise, she had her menstrual period the next cycle, that is about 2 weeks time. We rushed back to the hospital to complain. The doctor did an ultrasound scan, but nothing was found. Not even the embryo sac. He asked us to come back after two weeks for another scan, since it might be an early pregnancy.

We rushed back to the hospital when it was about 5weeks, blood still testing positive, urine testing negative, and the scan couldn't pick anything up. I also need to say that she hasn't missed any menstrual period.

What could be likely for all of these?? Please help. The suspense is killing me

How old is the pregnancy?
I am suspecting this is a case of Blighted Ovum or any other chromosomal anomaly that comes during an ovum activation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
royaltown:

yes, started my period already.
CD5 of your cycle falls under the Follicular phase.
What to expect in early days into your cycle:
1. LH should be normally low
2. FSH should be expectedly low cause it just 5days into the cycle.
3. Progesterone should be expectedly low.
5. Estradiol should also be expected low but increases to its peak 1-2days to ovulation.

Your profiling followed as expected.
Yet, this profiling is not promising enough to implicate anything, why?
1. Using one single cycle day may not show the significance of almost all the hormones.
2. If you chose to run more than one hormone then more than one cycle days should be applicable. For example, you choose to run FSH, Estradiol at CD3-5 and then LH/progesterone at CD 21.
3. If you desire to do as you present before us now, this result only become useful when more tracking is done in same cycle. After this CD5,you do another tracking midway into your cycle and lastly a third one at the 21th day. You will be presenting 3 sheets and not one as you did here.

Prolactin is okay, your nipple discharge after a hard press on your breast is normal. Anyone likely pregnant before may suffer that fate.
As touching your LH/FSH ratio, it is 1:2. A moderate LH that does not show PCOS.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duac: 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
Good day all,has anyone tried nature field Fertility support woman?how good is it?what's the price?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Starmummy: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=Misturah09 post=76204752][/quote

Fluid in POD nay mean two things:
1) U might be ovulating (u didn't state d cycle day u did it) .

2) Presence of long time infection dats y u were adviced to do a swab test to knw d type of infection n d best drugs to use for effective cure.

U can post d result after d test.

Baby dusts

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by royaltown: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
2Ballz:

CD5 of your cycle falls under the Follicular phase.
What to expect in early days into your cycle:
1. LH should be normally low
2. FSH should be expectedly low cause it just 5days into the cycle.
3. Progesterone should be expectedly low.
5. Estradiol should also be expected low but increases to its peak 1-2days to ovulation.

Your profiling followed as expected.
Yet, this profiling is not promising enough to implicate anything, why?
1. Using one single cycle day may not show the significance of almost all the hormones.
2. If you chose to run more than one hormone then more than one cycle days should be applicable. For example, you choose to run FSH, Estradiol at CD3-5 and then LH/progesterone at CD 21.
3. If you desire to do as you present before us now, this result only become useful when more tracking is done in same cycle. After this CD5,you do another tracking midway into your cycle and lastly a third one at the 21th day. You will be presenting 3 sheets and not one as you did here.

Prolactin is okay, your nipple discharge after a hard press on your breast is normal. Anyone likely pregnant before may suffer that fate.
As touching your LH/FSH ratio, it is 1:2. A moderate LH that does not show PCOS.

wow..... thanks 2ballz, I appreciate ur time. would try to act on your suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shithapuns: 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2019
Eclement:

She began to feel some symptoms like nausea,fatigue and something that resembles implantation bleeding. We ran to the hospital to test and her blood tested positive. We came home but her urine tested negative.

Since blood gives a more legit information about hCG, we weren't perturbed about her urine.

But to our surprise, she had her menstrual period the next cycle, that is about 2 weeks time. We rushed back to the hospital to complain. The doctor did an ultrasound scan, but nothing was found. Not even the embryo sac. He asked us to come back after two weeks for another scan, since it might be an early pregnancy.

We rushed back to the hospital when it was about 5weeks, blood still testing positive, urine testing negative, and the scan couldn't pick anything up. I also need to say that she hasn't missed any menstrual period.

HOW LONG IS HER CYCLE, AND what day did you do the first test?
the female body doesnt know its pregnant till 3 to 5 days after implantation, implantation also happenes 3 to 5 days after ovulation. i think i read somewhere that ovulation hcg spike is similar to pregancy spike, and an ovulating woman will test positive to a preg test strip...

have you done a urine test again?
the doc should do preg blood count test, cant remember what its called, but its supposed to double evry couple of days for a pregnant woman

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Misturah09(f): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=Starmummy post=76259157][/quote]have done the test its says moderate mixed of staph aureus and candidasis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eclement(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2019
She's on a 27-28days cycle

It has been a very strange thing all along.. Lemme tell more of the stories..

The last time we had sex was on the 19th of January, we never hoped it would result into pregnancy because that was the last day of a menstruation. Traces of blood still stained her pant on this day. So, we just wanted to have fun, since she just finished menstruation. As a result, I didn't even come to the point of ejaculation. I got tired in the process and I couldn't cum. She even told me she took a dose of Postinor, something I detested so strongly. I disallowed
her from taking the second pill.

About a week or two after the sex, the symptoms began. On the 30th of January, we went to a laboratory where she tested positive. How could this have happened... ?? Was she ovulating right after her menstruation??

Then we were hoping her menstruation would cease, but it came at the right time. That's around 13th of February. A 5-day flow of blood. We had to scan to find just nothing...

The urine test up till now is testing negative. She can't feel the symptoms again. The second ultrasound couldn't show anything,even after 4-5weeks. The only thing is that her blood is testing positive, in two different laboratories.

Well, we were thinking she had an early miscarriage, and the hCG level is still yet to come down to zero.

We're waiting to see if she will see her menstrual period again this month before we go for another test.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eclement(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=2Ballz post=76255887]

Around 5 weeks by now.

Her first positive was on 30th of January
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2019
Eclement.

I hope she is alright and the pregnancy is alive and kicking. But with no yolk sac in view at the 5th week is a slow motion to conception exit. Or, there was not implantation at all which is a principal mechanism of Levornogestrel containing contraceptives as orchestrated by Postinor.
Hope for the best and be around your woman as much as you can.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eclement(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2019
Thanks so much for this. I'm also thinking the Levornogestrel might be responsible for all these pranks.

I'll keep you apprised after the next scan, which should be in 2weeks time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shithapuns: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
Eclement:
She's on a 27-28days cycle

It has been a very strange thing all along.. Lemme tell more of the stories..

The last time we had sex was on the 19th of January, we never hoped it would result into pregnancy because that was the last day of a menstruation. Traces of blood still stained her pant on this day. So, we just wanted to have fun, since she just finished menstruation. As a result, I didn't even come to the point of ejaculation. I got tired in the process and I couldn't cum. She even told me she took a dose of Postinor something I detested so strongly. I disallowed

We're waiting to see if she will see her menstrual period again this month before we go for another test.

something isnt adding up, ttc and postinor no dey waka the same road for whatsoever reason sad sad sad

that aside, its either the postinor is causing the false positive, or another not so good option is an ectopic pregnancy - wch i hope isnt the case.
run this ectopic preg thing by your doc, when next you go..meanwhile let the woman be aware of her body and observe for dull/sharp pain on the shoulder blades, thats 1 of the symptoms of ectopic.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eclement(m): 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
Thanks for your contribution.

The chance of ectopic pregnancy has been ruled out by the scan.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Eclement:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Eclement(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hmmmm... Thanks ma. I was actually thinking of a miscarriage. I know what mischief a chemical pregnancy could orchestrate. We'll be going for another scan soon.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2019
talltosyne:

Why did he asked u to come back for your result? You should get results immediately.
am surprised too, I will call the lab today thanks maam
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 03, 2019
4realwoman:
Please don't be scared, if the lab guy said everything is okay please go with the good news and also believe in your heart that everything is okay.
baby to you and all my wonderful mamas here.

thanks ma God bless you

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
4realwoman:
Please don't be scared, if the lab guy said everything is okay please go with the good news and also believe in your heart that everything is okay.
baby to you and all my wonderful mamas here.

thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by missyblissy: 1:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
missyblissy:
@Mamatuoyo hope you are waddling strong and our baby Tuoyo is corporating abi grin grin!!!!

@Harol01 before your the last edd God will surprise you!!!!! Please be strong!!! You will be back here will double blessing!!!

Hey Momma I suppose this post was for another thread.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by missyblissy: 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2019
juicypetal:

Hey Momma I suppose this post was for another thread.

Yes oooo dont mind me ooo i didnt see it ooo.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mum4eva(f): 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2019
Good evening fruitful mamas..its a bfp after trying for almost one year.. Please join me and praise the Almighty God.. I have been a silent member though..

Widd

Last month, a mama(i can't remember her moniker) posted something about taking vitb6 few days after ovulation.. I decided to try it.. I bought 100naira counting ones ..took it once in the morning and once in the night.. I didn't even finish it before I tested positive with urine last week..God used 100naira vitb6 to give me my bfp.. I never ceased praying and trusting God though.. Baby dust on all of us.. We all must testify soon in Jesus name, Amen.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nicejo: 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
mum4eva:
Good evening fruitful mamas..its a bfp after trying for almost one year.. Please join me and praise the Almighty God.. I have been a silent member though..

Widd

Last month, a mama(i can't remember her moniker) posted something about taking vitb6 few days after ovulation.. I decided to try it.. I bought 100naira counting ones ..took it once in the morning and once in the night.. I didn't even finish it before I tested positive with urine last week..God used 100naira vitb6 to give me my bfp.. I never ceased praying and trusting God though.. Baby dust on all of us.. We all must testify soon in Jesus name, Amen.

Congratulations to you mama, wishing you a healthy nine months

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
mum4eva:

Widd

Congratulations ma'am. When God Is set to do it, even water sef will work.

I'm next in line for a miracle, amen

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
mum4eva:

Widd

Congratulations sis! May God be praised.
May u carry to full term and deliver safely in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Zeemai17: 12:27am On Mar 04, 2019
mum4eva:

Widd

Congratulations mama. May you carry to full term and deliver safely. God bless your home

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:37am On Mar 04, 2019
mum4eva:

Widd

Congratulations, Mama,father ,we thank you for this wonderful testimony,,
let the rain of BFP's start pouring on this thread ,There is none like you,oh lord .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 6:51am On Mar 04, 2019
mum4eva:

Widd

Congratulations
Lord we thank you
Let it rain more bfps in this month of my birthday

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twinee08: 7:29am On Mar 04, 2019
mum4eva:

Widd

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Misturah09(f): 7:43am On Mar 04, 2019
Congratulations to u, baby dust to all mama expecting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.