Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5399139 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by azarenka: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2021
Sony96:

M2tone
Thanks a lot.will look for it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 1:27am On Aug 11, 2021
GreaterGraceGG:
Levofloxacin and metronidazole was recommended for me for pid. I have been using it for 7 days now, I started having serious itching and yellow thick discharge yesterday, do I need to be worried?

Cc su.gah
Cc all mamas
If they were recommended by a doctor I suggest you give feedback to the Dr just to be sure.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Trendytessy(f): 1:43am On Aug 11, 2021
sugah:

Did you do a PT that tested positive? If no, then it wasnt implantation bleeding but abnormal uterine bleeding that should be investigated.

Hi sugah! I did PT test today and tested positive (this is the 2nd home test) but I noticed I've been spotting for some days now though its irregular and not much.

I lost a pregnancy @6weeks last month so I'm worried I might be having a repetition cry
Pls advise. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 1:51am On Aug 11, 2021
flawlesskayc:

It can!!
I conceived my 2nd daughter on d last day of my period.
I have a 24 day cycle & ovulate on day 9 mostly.
Had sex on day 5(still on my period) & became pregnant.
Sperm can last upto 5 days in a woman’s body.
You've explained how this happened so I'm still skeptical about the ovulation during menstruation.
Typically, menstruation happens 14-16 days after ovulation so for your 24 day cycle your ovulation falls between cycle day 8 and 10. You were not really still menstruating at the time of conception, but you were in your fertile period and the sperm lived long enough to fertilise the egg.

I dont know how the fertlised egg will implant if the uterus is still shedding its previous lining...someone should help explain this.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 2:11am On Aug 11, 2021
Trendytessy:

Hi sug.ah! I did PT test today and tested positive (this is the 2nd home test) but I noticed I've been spotting for some days now though its irregular and not much.

I lost a pregnancy @6weeks last month so I'm worried I might be having a repetition cry
Pls advise. Thanks
Yaaaay. Congratulations!!!!

Sorry for your previous loss.
You need to confirm the pregnancy with a blood test though.

When it's confirmed, observe bed rest, eat healthy and drink water, take your folic acid, let your partner buy you cyclogest progesterone 400mg and insert morning and night until spotting stops.
Also, register for antenatal early and tell them your history.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 2:19am On Aug 11, 2021
beautyuche:

Just had a scan they say all looks well but no heart beat at 6 weeks. I should return at 8 weeks.
Lord take control.
Calm down mama.
Heartbeats will be there by 8weeks.
I didn't get a Heartbeat for my DD until 8weeks too

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by barakah(m): 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
Please house we've been married for two years now and I lost a pregnancy about a year ago, I've been trying since.
We saw a Gynecologist when it wasn't happening and DH was diagnosed of oligospermia and the results of my HCG showed blockage? with the question mark (someone told me the question mark meant the result was inconclusive).
We have both started treatment, I've done flushing with bouts of antibiotics drugs and DH is currently on
Manix
Vitamin E 1000
Vitamin C 1000
Zinc 50mg
Ginseng extract
I noticed clear slippery discharge last night which is giving me hopes of a healthy reproductive system, does blocked tubes stop ovulation though?
Please what else should I be doing besides being calm and prayerful?
I take folic acid tablets presently.

Dear Shugah,
Kindly help with this one.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Trendytessy(f): 6:20am On Aug 11, 2021
sugah:

Yaaaay. Congratulations!!!!

Sorry for your previous loss.
You need to confirm the pregnancy with a blood test though.

When it's confirmed, observe bed rest, eat healthy and drink water, take your folic acid, let your partner buy you cyclogest progesterone 400mg and insert morning and night until spotting stops.
Also, register for antenatal early and tell them your history.

Thank you very much. You sound reassuring. I'll confirm with a blood test. Will keep you posted!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 7:13am On Aug 11, 2021
sugah:

If they were recommended by a doctor I suggest you give feedback to the Dr just to be sure.
Okay. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 11, 2021
sugah:

You've explained how this happened so I'm still skeptical about the ovulation during menstruation.
Typically, menstruation happens 14-16 days after ovulation so for your 24 day cycle your ovulation falls between cycle day 8 and 10. You were not really still menstruating at the time of conception, but you were in your fertile period and the sperm lived long enough to fertilise the egg.

I dont know how the fertlised egg will implant if the uterus is still shedding its previous lining...someone should help explain this.
She said having sex during menstruation can NEVER get anyone pregnant.
That was the post i quoted.
I HAD sex during menstruation and still got pregnant.
Maybe she didn’t really rephrase what she meant proper.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beautyuche: 10:42am On Aug 11, 2021
Thanks for the encouraging words.... Google and you tube done hear am for my hand since yesterday.

sugah:

Calm down mama.
Heartbeats will be there by 8weeks.
I didn't get a Heartbeat for my DD until 8weeks too

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by viviparity: 11:52am On Aug 11, 2021
Please@sugah how do I use that drug you suggested___COQ10 and fertilaid ovaboost, should I add letrazol,cos af started today ..help me
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2021
flawlesskayc:

She said having sex during menstruation can NEVER get anyone pregnant.
That was the post i quoted.
I HAD sex during menstruation and still got pregnant.
Maybe she didn’t really rephrase what she meant proper.
We're saying same thing. Having sex during period can lead to pregnancy cos the sperm can live upto 5 days in the uterus. But actual ovulation while bleeding is what I don't believe

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
barakah:

Dear Shugah,
Kindly help with this one.
Hi mama.
No, blocked tubes don't stop ovulation...however there could be a risk of ectopic pregnancy if conception happens with blocked tubes.
The fertilized egg will not be able to travel down to the uterus for implantation and end up growing in the tubes which leads to cutting off the tube.

Have you repeated the HSG after the flushing? Most people add serrapeptase enzyme to flushing to help unblock the tubes.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gifted21(f): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2021
Pls l want to rant first, forgive me.
Some of these docs think cos we are ttcing we are dumb and big fools. So l have been seeing this doc cos my FSH, lh, and prolactin is high, he gave me parlodel and charged me exorbitantly for it l paid, now he is asking for 25k for cabergoline, l was what? He said yes, after that we will boost my eggs with 85k and he will give me a stimulating injection that will trigger ovulation for another 70k. Oh l forgot he will also be doing TVs to monitor and each session is 10k and he listed abt 12 days for me. I was amazed, pls l av moved.
Dear mamas pls after an extensive research on my part l want to buy fair haven pro and ovaboost what say you pls?
Cc sugah
Triple twins222
Futuremomma
Sony96
And all the Sabi mamas
Pls chook mouth ooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gifted21(f): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2021
Some of these docs think cos we are ttcing we are dumb and big fools. So l have been seeing this doc cos my FSH, lh, and prolactin is high, he gave me parlodel and charged me exorbitantly for it l paid, now he is asking for 25k for cabergoline, l was what? He said yes, after that we will boost my eggs with 85k and he will give me a stimulating injection that will trigger ovulation for another 70k. Oh l forgot he will also be doing TVs to monitor and each session is 10k and he listed abt 12 days for me. I was amazed, pls l av moved.
Dear mamas pls after an extensive research on my part l want to buy fair haven pro and ovaboost what say you pls?
Cc sugah
Triple twins222
Futuremomma
Sony96
And all the Sabi mamas
Pls chook mouth ooo
Ps a little fibroid
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bunny19: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2021
gifted21:
Cc sugah
Triple twins222
Futuremomma
Sony96
And all the Sabi mamas
Pls chook mouth ooo
Ps a little fibroid
That doctor is evil! Jeez! His hospital should be reported. This is daylight robbery angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by viviparity: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
@gifted21,the doctor is into Yahoo .....run,I learnt here to seek second opinion
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakky26(f): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
How do one use clomid for ovulation to occur in the absence of menstrual period for months?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sony96: 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
gifted21:
Cc sugah
Triple twins222
Futuremomma
Sony96
And all the Sabi mamas
Pls chook mouth ooo
Ps a little fibroid

Although I am not a pro sabi mama yet because I am still young in the ttc phase, and hope and pray to have a short stay.
First this doctor doesn’t have a trace of humanity in him, else he won’t be extorting someone already passing through a lot, you have to change him and go to another hospital, you can ask other sabi mama here for any good fertility clinic in the state you reide, for the hormones that are high, you can send results so as to know how to assist, by assist I mean you still need a good fertility doctor. Baby dust to you

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ABG2222: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hi gifted21
Your medical condition is similar to mine
I had high LH,fsh and prolactin
I was cabergoline .it cost 5k per pack and used 2

Tvs cost 6500
Dat doctor wants to hammer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futuremoma34: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2021
gifted21:
Cc sugah
Triple twins222
Futuremomma
Sony96
And all the Sabi mamas
Pls chook mouth ooo
Ps a little fibroid

That doctor is wicked...ma'am God is with you and he sees your ❤....for me,you see this thing called rest and peace of mind..they are the greatest fertility boosters..try them..forget about ttc and see how things will change..also when I used the above drugs you mentioned, I didn't conceive, it only delayed my period and made me look pregnant. But I dnt know if it will work for you. Do not self medicate, if you want to take them,let a gynecology guide you..I wish you and all the TTc baby dust soon by God's grace..you all are in my prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by swtdarling(f): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
ABG2222:
Hi gifted21
Your medical condition is similar to mine
I had high LH,fsh and prolactin
I was cabergoline .it cost 5k per pack and used 2

Tvs cost 6500
Dat doctor wants to hammer

Hi mama, please is the cabergoline for high fsh and lh or prolactin?

Have u used any drug to bring down high fsh and lh. Heard about Wheatgrass but can't find it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Trendytessy(f): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2021
@sugah Good day ma, I went to the hospital today cos I was having fever and serious headache yesterday. I explained my situation to the doctor, he did a scan which confirmed there's a viable pregnancy sac.

He sent for FBC and Mp test to confirm Malaria, results should be out tomorrow.

I was given progesterone injection before leaving the hospital. Also, Duphason tablets twice daily was prescribed and complete bedrest. He says spotting should stop in 48hrs (all things equal). I hope he's in line cos it's my 1st visit with him.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ABG2222: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
Swtdarling cabergoline is for prolactin....wasn't given anything for LH and FSH

I have pcos and was places on Hormonal OCP
Trendytessy, congratulations mama. Do rest a lot . wishing you a successful delivery when it's time
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bowale21(f): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2021
Please my people is this the castor oil for fertility massage or the other castor oil they produce like coconut oil.

Thank you.

1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bunny19: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2021
bowale21:
Please my people is this the castor oil for fertility massage or the other castor oil they produce like coconut oil.

Thank you.
This is the one for castor oil massage
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Trendytessy(f): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
ABG2222:
Swtdarling cabergoline is for prolactin....wasn't given anything for LH and FSH

I have pcos and was places on Hormonal OCP
Trendytessy, congratulations mama. Do rest a lot . wishing you a successful delivery when it's time

Amen... Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sonofyisa(m): 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hello mamas, am new to the TTC forum. I just want to share my story with u guys I believe it can serve as a moral booster and up left some spirit.. I got married in December 2018 after one year of TTC without success we went to the hospital to see the doctor, the Dr we saw asked us plenty questions among which was the number of time we baby dance in a week we told him 5 to 6 times in a month but he complain that it was to poor and he did wan calculation and told us that the one year of tcc was just equivalent to 3 month at the rate we baby dance. He wrote drugs for me and my wife to take. Clomid for my wife and something to increase my drive.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sonofyisa(m): 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2021
We tried for another 3 month no show so we decided to see a gynaecologist he recommended that we carryout some test. Hsg for wifey and SFA for me. The result came out fine and everything seems fine. So we continue trying as our gyn keep calculating ovulation date for us every month. We got tried and stop going to see him we continue praying and ttcing after two years of trying God finally answered us early this year and my wife is almost 30 weeks pregnant now...I just want to encourage us all to never give up cos Gods time we never pass usby

21 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bowale21(f): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
Bunny19:
This is the one for castor oil massage

Thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.