Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5418577 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Carmydoll(f): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2021
sugah:

Congratulations mama.
Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Hold off on the scan, if you don't have any issues like spotting etc hold on until about 9weeks.

Okay Sis thanks. smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ABG2222: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
Carmydoll congrats dear
This bfp is permanent and you are going to have a wonderful birth experience
Rest well mama

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Feliwalt12: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
futuremoma34:

Weather short cycle, average cycle or long cycle..having sex during period can never get one pregnant..before you advise someone, make your research too...
never say never when it comes to fertility issues. Yes it's very posible to ovulate while menstruating expecially those with short cycle. The ovaries and the womb function separately which makes its much possible.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gifted21(f): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
sugah:

Not exactly.
I was only reiterating that the doctor was seriously overcharging and exploiting you. Some hospitals charge about 200-300k for IUI.
You're already on the right path of seeking information on how to change the situation...you can either work with another humane doctor or take some time off to DIY.

Ok thanks dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gifted21(f): 8:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
ABG2222:

Yes

Oh thanks a bunch
Will definitely try it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futuremoma34: 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
Feliwalt12:
never say never when it comes to fertility issues. Yes it's very posible to ovulate while menstruating expecially those with short cycle. The ovaries and the womb function separately which makes its much possible.

It is never possible to ovulate during menstruation please..butt it is possible to ovulate immediately after menstruation...menstruation has to occur before ovulation..madam how can one get pregnant while menstruatingplease help me with more details
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Expectantmom: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
futuremoma34:

It is never possible to ovulate during menstruation please..butt it is possible to ovulate immediately after menstruation...menstruation has to occur before ovulation..madam how can one get pregnant while menstruatingplease help me with more details
I read somewhere that it is possible especially with people with short cycle.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futuremoma34: 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Expectantmom:

I read somewhere that it is possible especially with people with short cycle.

Be specific please..what is possible?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Expectantmom: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2021
futuremoma34:

To get pregnant while menstruating
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by semisola: 8:34am On Aug 15, 2021
Carmydoll:
Mamas in the house, l greet you all.
New comer to the thread but have been following even as single lady.

Got married December 2019
Did HSG in April
Got pregnant July 2020 with fibroids
Had miscarriage in September 2020( worst experience of my life)
We stopped trying and went for Myomectomy in December 2020. Thank God for speedy recovery even though constipation dealt with me.

We were told to wait till 3 months before trying again so fast forward to April, May, June, nothing. So l changed to another doctor who sent me for another HSG.My tubes came out fine.

He monitored me for July cycle and gave me the HCG trigger shot. We followed with fasting and midnight prayers, hubby is very cooperative too, l bless God for him.

I am happy to announce to you that God has answered our prayers, still like a dream. l got a BFP this week via test strip. I also did blood test yesterday and it was positive too. From my calculation, we are 6 weeks. I will see my doctor on Tuesday to check heart beat and all. Wish me luck wink

You shall carry to term mama! Affliction shall not rise a second time..

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olorilolo(f): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
futuremoma34:

Menstruation(shedding of the endometrial wall and unfertilised egg) and Ovulation (release of a new egg) can not run concomitantly but can take place within a few hours of each other in women with a very short cycle of less than 24 days. In such women, sex during menstruation is the best way to deposit the sperm in wait for an immediate ovulation. Anything later than that and the sperm might meet an already dying egg.

You advising women not to try bd during menstruation is very wrong.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olorilolo(f): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
StarryV:
Good evening mummys in the house.
Please I have a little issue and I humbly seek your advice and suggestions please.
I & hubby started the TTC journey in April this year. No positive results yet. My point of worry now is that It's been very very very difficult for me to determine my menstrual cycle. Not because I don't know how to count it, but because the cycles vary from each other every month. Beginning from the first year I mensturated (2005) till this month (Aug, 2021). The cycles are never the same. Sometimes it reads 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and even 32.
From June last year till Aug this year below is the number of cycles I've had
June-July 30days
July - Aug 29days
Aug- Sept 31days
Sept -Oct 28days
Oct - Nov 27days
Nov- Dec 28days
Dec- Jan 25 days
Jan- Feb 26days
Feb-Mar 32days
Mar-Aprl 24days
Apr-May 27days
May-Jun 25 days
Jun-Jul 26 days
Then July to this Aug 26days
I'm really confused. With this kind of cycle, it's very difficult to know my fertile window as period could come very late or very early.
Please what is wrong with me? cry cry Is anyone familiar with this kind of experience?

Not everyone has their menstruation regular like a clockwork, 3 days variation between cycle lengths is actually considered normal. You can get an ovulation prediction kit to help pinpoint the exact day of ovulation.
April till now is a tad bit too early to get worked up. Just relax and let God take control.
If you are very worried, you can take A transvaginal scan to rule out PCOS and a hormonal profile to know whether you ovulate.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olorilolo(f): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
Carmydoll:

Did HSG in April
We stopped trying and went for Myomectomy in December 2020. Thank God for speedy recovery even though constipation dealt with me.

We were told to wait till 3 months before trying again so fast forward to April, May, June, nothing. So l changed to another doctor who sent me for another HSG.My tubes came out fine.

He monitored me for July cycle and gave me the HCG trigger shot. We followed with fasting and midnight prayers, hubby is very cooperative too, l bless God for him.

I am happy to announce to you that God has answered our prayers, still like a dream. l got a BFP this week via test strip. I also did blood test yesterday and it was positive too. From my calculation, we are 6 weeks. I will see my doctor on Tuesday to check heart beat and all. Wish me luck wink
A hearty congratulations to you , bay you carry safely to term in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
futuremoma34:

It is very possible. I heard about it during our marriage course. Most of us were even surprised but after much explanations, we later understood.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
gifted21:

Thanks
Will send u a mail

Ok
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by StarryV(f): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Olorilolo:

Not everyone will has their menstruation regular like a clockwork, 3 days variation between cycle lengths is actually considered normal. You can get an ovulation prediction kit to help pinpoint the exact day of ovulation.
April till now is a tad bit too early to get worked up. Just relax and let God take control.
If you are very worried, you can take A transvaginal scan to rule out PCOS and a hormonal profile to know whether you ovulate.
All the best.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by NOBILITY22(f): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
StarryV:
Good evening mummys in the house.
Please I have a little issue and I humbly seek your advice and suggestions please.
I & hubby started the TTC journey in April this year. No positive results yet. My point of worry now is that It's been very very very difficult for me to determine my menstrual cycle. Not because I don't know how to count it, but because the cycles vary from each other every month. Beginning from the first year I mensturated (2005) till this month (Aug, 2021). The cycles are never the same. Sometimes it reads 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and even 32.
From June last year till Aug this year below is the number of cycles I've had
June-July 30days
July - Aug 29days
Aug- Sept 31days
Sept -Oct 28days
Oct - Nov 27days
Nov- Dec 28days
Dec- Jan 25 days
Jan- Feb 26days
Feb-Mar 32days
Mar-Aprl 24days
Apr-May 27days
May-Jun 25 days
Jun-Jul 26 days
Then July to this Aug 26days
I'm really confused. With this kind of cycle, it's very difficult to know my fertile window as period could come very late or very early.
Please what is wrong with me? cry cry Is anyone familiar with this kind of experience?

Go to play store and download Flo app..
Key in all this cycles, it will give you a detailed information about your menstrual cycle and also tell you your fertile period and day of Ovulation.

Or get an ovulation test strips and start testing from Day 10 till you get your peak day...

Or go to any diagnostic center and do a follicular tracking...

To me, your cycle is regular... Just few regular variations which falls within the 21-35 days range

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by NOBILITY22(f): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2021
Carmydoll:

Did HSG in April

Congratulations dear..
I wish you a successful pregnancy journey Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by StarryV(f): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
NOBILITY22:

Go to play store and download Flo app..
Key in all this cycles, it will give you a detailed information about your menstrual cycle and also tell you your fertile period and day of Ovulation.

Or get an ovulation test strips and start testing from Day 10 till you get your peak day...

Or go to any diagnostic center and do a follicular tracking...

To me, your cycle is regular... Just few regular variations which falls within the 21-35 days range

Wow! shocked Really? I actually thought it was abnormal. Thanks a lot ma'am. I'll do that asap. Thanks greatly.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by NOBILITY22(f): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
StarryV:

Wow! shocked Really? I actually thought it was abnormal. Thanks a lot ma'am. I'll do that asap. Thanks greatly.

Also, encourage your DH to check his sperm to be sure he is not shooting blank.

Happy BD...
I wish you a positive result soon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by StarryV(f): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
NOBILITY22:

Also, encourage your DH to check his sperm to be sure he is not shooting blank.

Happy BD...
I wish you a positive result soon...

Alright. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Genea(f): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
Tripletwins222:

Jesus! shocked shocked shocked shocked
That doctor is very wicked. I don't know why most of them use TTC couples as their ATM. Sometimes, they may not even give you a good brand of the drugs but still end up charging you exorbitantly. This reminds me of one doctor that gave me 3 cards of common doxycycline and collected #4,500. I went to a nearby pharmacy and priced same brand and it was #120 per card. They may even remove the #20 on top if I decided to buy.
Please, look for another hospital. It is obvious the doctor wants to milk you dry.

For high prolactin, you can try any of these: Dostinex Cabergoline, Synergo Cabergoline, Bromocriptine and Vitex.

For egg boosting: Ovaboost, Vitamin E, Royal Jelly, Ubiquinol, Omega 3 fish oil supplements.

To boost ovulation, you can go natural. Banana recipe, Bitterleaves juice, Guava leaves and Okro water.

You can track your ovulation with OPK and BBT or go for folliculometry. Follicular tracking is usually done 3 - 5 times in a cycle. The price range for each session is #3,000-#5,000.

I pray your TTC journey ends shortly in praise in Jesus name. Amen.
I thought TTC women are not recommended to take doxycycline?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Lagbenjo: 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hello
Pls which drug and herb is very effective for sperm mortility ?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2021
Genea:
I thought TTC women are not recommended to take doxycycline?

I was treating infection then.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Feliwalt12: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2021
Good day TTC mamms, please does anyone know where i can do pelvic massage in Ibadan? Or is there any ijaw woman you can recommend me to ( that does massage).
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bedoab10k(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2021
sugah:

This has made my day!!! Congratulations to you both. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

AMEN. I forgot to add, we completed the dosage in May 25 God answered us in June. God will answer every family speedily.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kachii77: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2021
hello morning pls I sent u a mail, do have a look. Thanks.

futuremoma34:

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by NeroPapas(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
Good day... Greetings to you all. I may not use the right terms but please read and understand with me.
I'm not new here cos I've been on the reading and learning side. Yes I'm a man.
I got married last year July. And truly, I've left the idea of having a child open like if it comes, it comes. I've been with my fiancee, now my wife for 3 years. I know we tried getting preggy before we got married and it didn't happen. Afterall, pregnancy wasn't a reason I wanted to marry her. She's a good woman so we proceeded to be husband and wife last July.
We tried again for the rest of last year 2020 to no avail. I'm married so I was unbothered but wifey started getting worried. Our TTC journey actually stated in January 2021. We agreed to see a Doctor. The doctor asked how long she's been married, she said 5month, Na so the elderly doctor chase her oo grin grin.. Tell her say she wey marry day before yesterday dey worry that she has no case until the union is a year old. And that she's under 30years.
She codedly met another younger female doctor in the same clinic and they talked. She told the woman that we have been doing kerewa for 2 years oo even before we were married. That was when the younger doc suggested she run some test, Hormonal Profile for her and SFA for me but before them, she was giving Clomid to take on her second day of her period to help ovulation incase that's the problem. She did that for 2 months (as in during her separate period). But wifey complained of some bloating and that so I asked her not to take for the 3rd month.
Then we ran the tests. When her hormonal profile test result was out.. My baby passed her test properly. She was okay and alright. But guess who performed woefully in his test? Yep, you're right. Me!! My count was 7mil, 20% mobility..... Blah blah blah.. Ha I was downcaster oloun! Like I thought I was Ogbologbo Ajigijaga firing on all cylinders but see me na, I dey send 7 million soldiers go fight strong army.
The younger doctor now presented our matter to the elderly Doctor who prescribed the following drugs for me
1 Clomid
2 Vitamin C
3 Vitamin E
4 Zinc
He said I should take Ciproflaxin for 10 days before starting others.
Naso I read about Clomid oo.. I say why I go take drugs wey woman dey take. With some reviews and that, I wasn't comfortable taking Clomid.
I consulted few people, and I substitute Clomid with Proviron. I started by mid May.
We were asked to continue meeting even as I take the medication. Someone had suggested I take Addyzoa too so by the end of second month, I substituted Proviron with Addyzoa. So we keep trying. I stopped all mediation two week to the end of the 3 months because of funds but I did not stop praying. My wife and I pray together, and I pray more since I'm the one with the problem.
I declare that I'm fruitful and I'll multiply. Sometimes after meeting my wife, I'll place my hand on her tummy and command the sperms to go and conquer��.
Well, she was expecting her period on the 8th of August, which is my birthday. But nothing. Wifey was always complaining of slight headache and back pain which I thought it was the mattress that's responsible for that. I notice she sleeps more.
Well a week has passed and still no show. Yesterday, she did some urine test first thing in the morning with the strip and the picture attached is the outcome. She was soo happy.
I could not believe it too but I know God did it. She will be going for the blood test to confirm it soon when I have money�
But I'm sure God has answered us!

Dear men, please subject yourselves to medical examination. Support these women. The problem could be from either party but with your support and God's mercy, we will all multiply. I'll keep you guys posted �

KingNeropapas

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by jenifer007: 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
NeroPapas:
Good day... Greetings to you all. I may not use the right terms but please read and understand with me.
I got married last year July. And truly, I've left the idea of having a child open like if it comes, it comes. I've been with my fiancee, now my wife for 3 years. I know we tried getting preggy before we got married and it didn't happen. Afterall, pregnancy wasn't a reason I wanted to marry her. She's a good woman so we proceeded to be husband and wife last July.
We tried again for the rest of last year 2020 to no avail. I'm married so I was unbothered but wifey started getting worried. Our TTC journey actually stated in January 2021. We agreed to see a Doctor. The doctor asked how long she's been married, she said 5month, Na so the elderly doctor chase her oo grin grin.. Tell her say she wey marry day before yesterday dey worry that she has no case until the union is a year old. And that she's under 30years.
She codedly met another younger female doctor in the same clinic and they talked. She told the woman that we have been doing kerewa for 2 years oo even before we were married. That was when the younger doc suggested she run some test, Hormonal Profile for her and SFA for me but before them, she was giving Clomid to take on her second day of her period to help ovulation incase that's the problem. She did that for 2 months (as in during her separate period). But wifey complained of some bloating and that so I asked her not to take for the 3rd month.
Then we ran the tests. When her hormonal profile test result was out.. My baby passed her test properly. She was okay and alright. But guess who performed woefully in his test? Yep, you're right. Me!! My count was 7mil, 20% mobility..... Blah blah blah.. Ha I was downcaster oloun! Like I thought I was Ogbologbo Ajigijaga firing on all cylinders but see me na, I dey send 7 million soldiers go fight strong army.
The younger doctor now presented our matter to the elderly Doctor who prescribed the following drugs for me
1 Clomid
2 Vitamin C
3 Vitamin E
4 Zinc
Naso I read about Clomid oo.. I say why I go take drugs wey woman dey take. With some reviews and that, I wasn't comfortable taking Clomid.
I consulted few people, and I substitute Clomid with Proviron. I started by mid May.
We were asked to continue meeting even as I take the medication. Someone had suggested I take Addyzoa too so by the end of second month, I substituted Proviron with Addyzoa. So we keep trying. I stopped all mediation two week to the end of the 3 months because of funds but I did not stop praying. My wife and I pray together, and I pray more since I'm the one with the problem.
I declare that I'm fruitful and I'll multiply. Sometimes after meeting my wife, I'll place my hand on her tummy and command the sperms to go and conquer��.
Well, she was expecting her period on the 8th of August, which is my birthday. But nothing. Wifey was always complaining of slight headache and back pain which I thought it was the mattress that's responsible for that. I notice she sleeps more.
Well a week has passed and still no show. Yesterday, she did some urine test first thing in the morning with the strip and the picture attached is the outcome. She was soo happy.
I could not believe it too but I know God did it. She will be going for the blood test to confirm it soon when I have money�

Dear men, please subject yourselves to medical examination. Support these women. The problem could be from either party but with your support and God's mercy, we will all multiply. I'll keep you guys posted �

KingNeropapas

Congratulations...What the Lord has done for you and your wife,it shall be permanent

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by NeroPapas(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
[Amen � Thank You ]

Congratulations...What the Lord has done for you and your wife,it shall be permanent[/quote]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gratefulheart2(f): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
KingNeropapas

[/quote] Congratulations Baba ibeji, your testimony shall be permanent. Please how much did you buy Addyzoa? cc Neropapas
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Feliwalt12: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
NeroPapas:
1 Clomid
2 Vitamin C
3 Vitamin E
4 Zinc

KingNeropapas

Congratulations sir, I'm so happy for your family, very inspiring. She will carry to term. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) (2932) (2933) (2934) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.