Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5400244 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 8:29pm On May 19, 2015
mumihaja, what malaria drug were u given cos erythromycin seems safe even when pregnant. cingrats in advance
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tatacherie: 8:43pm On May 19, 2015
@ mummyhaja its possible uve a bfp bt hcg's still low to detect.other mamas have given u d best advice.gudnight rest all

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 8:55pm On May 19, 2015
@mumihaja: hunger pangs sounds familiar to me. Its a pg sign. some women do not test positive on hpt until after 4-5weeks pg. Wishing you a sticky bean.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 19, 2015
praisefulmum:

@ Cymanu2001 , PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

@ Shat01, I still insist you go and see a good Gynaecologist. A friend of mine with pcos got pregnant with twins. Your doctor should examine you and give you the best regimen to follow. If you aren't comfortable with the one you have been seeing, you can make enquiries and switch doctors. Cheers babe!!!

N/B:- Some friends of mine with pcos have been fortunate in getting pregnant just by being with a good Gynaecologist and following his prescription. I suggest you do the same.
thank you for the info

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 9:01pm On May 19, 2015
@Hotmomma, its called KINOTEM Dihyroartemisinin + Piperaquine Phosphate tablets..

I was considering stopping the medications and I've not taken tonight doses...will try and wait and if after 1 week I don't see any changes I will go back to the hospital for another malaria treatment
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 19, 2015
To start with mumihaja, pls do away with panadol. Paracetamol is better.
I dont know what is happening but i guess other mamas would assist.
Do blood test and that should make u know if u should toss d drugs away or continue.
mayb ur body is going through some changes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 19, 2015
Piperaquine Phosphate tablets is dangerous during pregnancy. Could be the culprit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mubzay(f): 9:08pm On May 19, 2015
@mumihaja: kindly stop d antimalaria drugs. It isn't gud. Moreover, 1st trimester is delicate hence only prenatal vits are given not even paracetamol is given. Pls observe for a while n re-test. Sticky bean to u. God will perfect what he has started- amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 9:13pm On May 19, 2015
@mumihaja: I want to quickly add, that af showing after 3days late should show something to be careful abt especially with taking of drugs. cos it could have come due to a slight drop in progesterone cos of the stress of the driving. I'll advise you stop all medications and rest/lie in bed(if posibble) with lots of liquid and food. In one week, serum pt should show a positive.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 9:16pm On May 19, 2015
OMG! Unlike me I usually request for a pt test before I accept any antibiotics or anti malaria drug but this time I was just ashamed to request for one since my folder is filled with bfn results....anyways, I hope for the best..I appreciate your quick response mothers of nations, I knew I could always count on my e family for a quick response...good night y'all

Baby dust!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 9:19pm On May 19, 2015
@mumihija, I beg of you just put an hold on drugs for now, watch your body keenly and do another pg test in about 5days to come. It will end in praise. SHALOM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 9:23pm On May 19, 2015
mumihaja sweedie, pls if u would take my humble opinion, stop that antimalaria, if u must treat malaria now that you are not too sure of your pregnancy status, use chloroquine although the response rate might not be too rapid like others but its safe for the condition. drink plenty water, i mean plenty! heard it helps flush out malaria lol. also heavy painkillers like diclophenac could be postponed till futher notice.
to all other mamas to be, pls when u go to the hospital for any treatment and you are in your 2ww, pls let the doc knw you are actively ttc so he should considèr that while prescribing.
#ehugs

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 9:48pm On May 19, 2015
@mummyesther. i am on Doctor Best's serrapeptase 40,000 iu. i take it 2in d morning and 2@ nite. thats a total of 160,000 iu. Started about 10 days ago.
i dont knw whr u can get the 250,000 iu of it.
hope this helps.
@hafsat24. dont mind me oo. i hv never eaten dates before and i ignorantly blended it whole without checking. though i soaked it for about a whole day shaa. thanks for the info.
how r u nd d Lo?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Allureia: 9:59pm On May 19, 2015
Hello my dear readers, i'm back. Had a lotta backlog of work so no time today. I'm starting from this point because I know a lot of peeps are ignorant about the very basic things.
LESSON 1.
I'll be explaining some words to get used to here while reading my posts.
1. Ovulation - This is the only period a woman can take in. During ovulation a woman drops an egg. If the sperm is in place it will meet the egg. If not it gets washed away as "period". Pls Note that egg lives for about 12 - 24 hours so the major target here is to have the sperms in place before the egg drops from that ovary.
2. LH - it's a hormone a woman releases about 24 - 48 hours before she Ovulates (Drops an egg)
3. LP - Luteal Phase.. this is the period immediately after ovulation to the day the "period" arrives. It lasts between 10 - 16 days in most cases i've read. So if you dont see your period 17 days after you are sure you ovulated then there is high possibility you are pregnant. Pls NOTE: some women release LH twice a month.. Why?? Because the body geared up to release an egg at first didnt succeed... tries again and succeeds! So an LH surge does not mean you ovulated. Vice Versa, I've read from several medical experts that it's impossible to ovulate without an LH surge.. But with God all things are Possible!
4. LPD - Luteal Phase defect is one of the reasons why women dont conceive. YES! If your luteal phase is less than 10 days then it will be difficult for the egg to implant causing AF to spoil all the work done. This does not apply to women with irregular periods.
5. FP - Follicular Phase is the time from which your period stops to the day of ovulation.
6. EWCM.. Egg white cervical Mucus.. Most women check for this to know they are ovulating. In several cases EWCM does not mean you are ovulating. The body might gear up and not drop an egg. This is called an anovulatory cycle.
7. Irregular Periods.. this occurs when your "period" happens when it wants. It is one of the major causes of infertility. It makes it difficult to time bedding.
8. Temping : this is done by checking your temperature every morning when you wake up by inserting a thermometer under your tongue or inside your vagina. Chart the temperature using an internet application. The essence of this is to know if you are ovulating. It is the BEST way to know you are ovulating because pregnancy is mainly about ovulation. If an egg gets out of that gate then there is every chance to get pregnant. Body temperature spikes after ovulation and drops before your period. By temping you know if your menses is coming or you are pregnant. If you are pregnant your body temperature stays higher during your luteal phase and after but if you are not it drops a few days before your menses arrives.
9. OPK - these are little sticks used to test for LH. Once LH is observed it's good to bed 2 or 3 nights only after it to increase your chances of getting pregnant. Problem is OPK's in Naija are expensive. Imagine buying the 5 sticks pack for about 2,000 naira or more Bad enough those OPK's cannot detect LH. I kept buying the one sold in stores without a positive. It's better to buy wondfos online or Clearblue (better) because they are more SENSITIVE and accurate in detecting LH. Wondfos are cheaper... Clearblue is expensive but it's so awesome!pls while testing focus on the stick not always the smiley. I will post pictures as I go on. Pls note OPK's test positive when pregnant. And it's always as deep as ever compared to ovulation. Though it gets deeper gradually over time.
10. FMU - First morning urine.. used to check for LH once you wake up. You can also test later in the day but you have to hold that urine for about 4 hours tops so that stick can detect it. The higher the concentration the better your results. Sleep don dey catch me.. to be continued 2mao. Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Allureia: 10:11pm On May 19, 2015
MummyEsther:

I've read all your posts. Does this apply to those with blocked fallopian tubes? Cos that has to do with getting a bfp and not keeping a pg.
Seems you generalized all cases of ttc into opk knowledge. Pls enlighten me.

I really base my posts on OPK's. Why? Because it's so easy to know you are ovulating using OPK's. A lot of women dont get signs at all.. A lot do. Best thing is to observe your body patterns for changes. I dont know much about blocked fallopian tubes. If anyone is diagnosed with that (blocked tube) in this Naija... abeg research for the best place because Nigerian doctors have destroyed wombs and killed babies because of wrong diagnosis. If one tube is blocked then one should be open. If not then you have to research more. I so much hate the medical system with passion because of experiences i've had that is why I spend my time searching the internet packing info, comparing and analysing it. I've read about blocked tubes.. also know it's risky operating.. easier to do insemination or IVF with blocked tubes to get pregnant though expensive. The so called "sabi mamas" grin here should know more but pls whatever u are told here spend time to research on it. Knowledge is POWER! My knowledge there is limited.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by DrPhanes01: 10:41pm On May 19, 2015
Allureia:

I really base my posts on OPK's. Why? Because it's so easy to know you are ovulating using OPK's. A lot of women dont get signs at all.. A lot do. Best thing is to observe your body patterns for changes. I dont know much about blocked fallopian tubes. If anyone is diagnosed with that (blocked tube) in this Naija... abeg research for the best place because Nigerian doctors have destroyed wombs and killed babies because of wrong diagnosis. If one tube is blocked then one should be open. If not then you have to research more. I so much hate the medical system with passion because of experiences i've had that is why I spend my time searching the internet packing info, comparing and analysing it. I've read about blocked tubes.. also know it's risky operating.. easier to do insemination or IVF with blocked tubes to get pregnant though expensive. The so called "sabi mamas" grin here should know more but pls whatever u are told here spend time to research on it. Knowledge is POWER! My knowledge there is limited.

For Blocked Fallopian tubes, IVF is the best option and almost the only option worldwide because of the poor success rate of tubal repair and risk of ectopic pregnancy in repaired Fallopian tubes

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by blomi(f): 11:10pm On May 19, 2015
good day mothers of nation.I am new here and I have been ttcing for 7years.my problem closed cervix I don't know if anybody has gone thru did situation and any advice will b appreciated
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by carramel(f): 11:55pm On May 19, 2015
Can anyone let me know the cost for detailed semen analysis in Lagos and location of the lab/ clinic? Thanks!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 12:33am On May 20, 2015
@allureia why d sarcasm? @"d so called sabi mamas" hmmm

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 12:50am On May 20, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 1:06am On May 20, 2015
May we all have our positive testimonies of bfp this cycle in JESUS name.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by derommyvent: 7:04am On May 20, 2015
@mumihija, please I beg of you to stop the drugs for now, watch your body and do another bpt test in about 5days time. I lost my first pregnancy after i used diclofenac, i bled (bright red) until i finally lost the pregnancy. Pleaseeeeeeeee stop. It will end in praise.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 7:05am On May 20, 2015
@mumihaja pls go for bpt. All d best

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:50am On May 20, 2015
@Praisefulmum, my gyne is one of d best around my area. But i will ask and see if i can get anoda one. Tnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Janedyke6: 8:59am On May 20, 2015
@ our Ever-loving Mumihaja
I see you announcing your BFP soonest, Congrats in advance. smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple19: 9:19am On May 20, 2015
Hheheehehe grin @Ayaayo... Your buddy don assume MIA mood again ni o. I just laughed when I saw your posts with your dh, As am experiencing the same thing with dh like you do. I visit this thread ONLY when he's gone to work, cos I dare not if he's around. Infact, I don't know where he kept my multivitamins not even folic acid. I had to pet him to visit the new doc with me just to get his fluid for analysis as he said "NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ME MY FRIEND" #in his masculine voice# and when we reach the place and was give a room to do the thing and produce enh he do do do so tey he nor wan stop sef grin grin. It is well.

@all mamas, se because I say I no wan try this month, una con dey look me enh? Una no drag me go buy something to take Abi? OK o. Una KuKu know sey I nor dey vex. On a more serious note, pls help your sister o, I really need help as to what to do plssssss.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:00am On May 20, 2015
@mumihaja, just like what other mamas said, put a stop to all those drugs, put the shame aside as the same doctors will rejoice with u at the end of this week with a very bfp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rejoice03: 1:08pm On May 20, 2015
Gooday mamas! @mumihaja it shall end in praise for u IJN.@all mamas it is well wit us we shall be vicorious.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by blomi(f): 2:00pm On May 20, 2015
blomi:
good day mothers of nation.I am new here and I have been ttcing for 7years.my problem closed cervix I don't know if anybody has gone thru did situation and any advice will b appreciated
no help?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 2:31pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 2:36pm On May 20, 2015
@blomi, you are welcome to this wonderful e-family, may your stay be short and fruitful in Jesus name. Relax, our sabi mamas or people with similar experience will respond to your question.
All I know is that it will end in praise!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by venizia(f): 2:56pm On May 20, 2015
@blomi, you are welcome. like my sister has earlier said, the sabi sabi mamas will answer you soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.