Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5400243 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 26, 2015
ellawify:
Gud afternoon fruitful mamas, i finally got d fertilaid today but my problem is if its okay to take clomid dis cycle as well or shld i buy ova boost.
Secondly should i trigger with ovidrel wen i start ovulating. Pls some one shld help me out.

Ellawify, from the literature on Fertilaid, it clearly states you should not take both at the same time, so you should stick to one drug.

Legendsmother and other sabi mamas will advice you on the HCG shot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ellawify: 4:27pm On May 26, 2015
sexywifey:

Ellawify, from the literature on Fertilaid, it clearly states you should not take both at the same time, so you should stick to one drug.

Legendsmother and other sabi mamas will advice you on the HCG shot.
Tanx dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 26, 2015
ellawify:
Tanx dear

You're very welcome.

@sabimamas I don come again o. I did the hcg shot yday and I did hpt tests last night and this morning and both were negative (I'm wondering if the tests were fake angry

I did ovulation test with clearblue OPK and I got a solid smiley which generally means I have ovulate or will ovulate within 12 - 24 hours.

Please confirm if the hcg shot is working, or should I do another hpt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Amhappy(f): 4:55pm On May 26, 2015
Xtiana250:
Hello everyone,i am new here.I hav been TTC for 3 years.i had back to back evacuation after miscarriage due to retained product of conception.A year later,i ws diagnosed wit uterine synechiae a.k.a Asherman's syndrome.i went for adhesiolysis,had ballon fitted(foley catheter)to keep d walls of my uterus frm sticking together and did 3 months of hormonal therapy.TTC unsuccessful so i had an HSG again to see if the scarring is gone bt there is still some though my tubes were both patent.my doc placed me on clomid for two cycles;not successful in terms of conception and my linning is 5mm on CD 11. Doc said there is nothing more he can do unless we go d IVF route.Am so burnt out,sad and angry.i hav never heard of Ashermans prior to my diagnosis and nobody mentioned it as a possibility. Sorry for my long post.Fertility blessings!

Nne i salute you courage. if you have saved up money why not try the IVF. You have encouraged me,i will go for another HSG if God did not give me a BFP this month. I had the same issue and believe God it has cleared up. My linning is also thin 6.1 day 14. God help us. I am so tired of this TTC.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 26, 2015
Chyvia:
@mummyhaji my doctor placed me on Ova vit tablet. i have
not had the shot

@diegs i will scan again because the radiographer said that i should
come tomorrow to scan again

@sexywifey this cycle will be your Bfp. God has already answered us

Yes o! God will come through for us in this cycle! Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by moonert(f): 5:12pm On May 26, 2015
Good evening hopeful mamas. Pls I need ur advice on this. Hubby has Low count with staph. Dr. recommended 10days of cipro for us and fertile aid with motility boost for him. Should we treat d staph before commencing the fertile aid n motility boost? And pls is there any other supplements that can be taken in addition to those prescribed for us for better and faster results? God bless you all with multiples!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 26, 2015
sexywifey:

You're very welcome.

@sabimamas I don come again o. I did the hcg shot yday and I did hpt tests last night and this morning and both were negative (I'm wondering if the tests were fake angry

I did ovulation test with clearblue OPK and I got a solid smiley which generally means I have ovulate or will ovulate within 12 - 24 hours.

If am correct, hpt means Home Pregnancy Test. NNne, its after the 2ww that u can take hpt.

Wat u should be doing now is baby dance and not taking hpt.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ellawify: 5:36pm On May 26, 2015
sugah:
ellawify,
No you cannot mix clomid with vitex angus(one of the ingredients of fertilaid). Generally dont mix herbal and prescription drugs.

Ovidrel is used to induce ovulation, not to be used during ovulation. Usually administered when fertility drugs (clomiphene citrate, femara etc) are used to induce ovulation. If you ovulate on your own, there is no need to use fertility drugs.
Okay dear i understand d clomid n vitex part but i really want to do d trigger aspect, don't know if its safe since i will be on fertilaid. As for ovulating on my own, opk always show positive on my cd13. Does dat mean i ovulate cos i dnt use to hav any symptom of ovulation even after d opk positive result.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
iOmoge:

If am correct, hpt means Home Pregnancy Test. NNne, its after the 2ww that u can take hpt.

Wat u should be doing now is baby dance and not taking hpt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks iOmoge. I'm honoured to have you respond to my question. I used the hpt to test if the trigger shot worked. Usually, when you take an hcg shot and take a PT, you are likely to get a bfp. One of us (I think sugah) did this and got a bfp.

On the baby dance... I gat plans grin eyes have not heard neither have ears seen the baby dancing stunts I have lined up wink

Thanks for the response

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 26, 2015
sexywifey:

Thanks iOmoge. I'm honoured to have you respond to my question. I used the hpt to test if the trigger shot worked. Usually, when you take an hcg shot and take a PT, you are likely to get a bfp. One of us (I think sugah) did this and got a bfp.

On the baby dance... I gat plans grin eyes have not heard neither have ears seen the baby dancing stunts I have lined up wink

Thanks for the response
You just cracked me up with this!!! Abeg pity Dh waist oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 6:28pm On May 26, 2015
ellawify:
Okay dear i understand d clomid n vitex part but i really want to do d trigger aspect, don't know if its safe since i will be on fertilaid. As for ovulating on my own, opk always show positive on my cd13. Does dat mean i ovulate cos i dnt use to hav any symptom of ovulation even after d opk positive result.

If you ovulate on your own, you don't need a trigger shot.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 6:33pm On May 26, 2015
sexywifey:

You're very welcome.

Work with the opk result, BD like your life depends on it, do another tvs(scan) to confirm ovulation (collapse of the follicles), then stop BD.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 26, 2015
Hmmmmmm. Na wa oo!! Y'all come to my rescue biko. So I got my Guifei bao yestday and started yestday sharp sharp. Hmmmm. Omooo the thin don alumnize my vj oo. It is so tite. Is dt hw it is? Will the thread be able to pull it out even as tite as it is? Make e no go cut oo undecided.

Den af has nt shown her useless self for 41 days nw. Did bpt and it was negative. So dts y I had d liver to start d Guifei. Nw if my period starts will I know? As d vj is very tight nw? Cos I already have aching bossoms. My sure sign of af. Abeg mummies dt have used Guifei should pls come to my rescue ooo. I de fear if I can ever bd again oo. And dis is just after one seed. After d rest nko? Na iim be say na war na. And I read online dt it's one seed every month......or I didn't understand wt they meant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 6:58pm On May 26, 2015
@sexywifey, I wanted to see the responses bfor I talk. I also tested with hpt (although nt with FMU) and it was a BFN.
I went for TVS Tdy and it showed I ovulated and another follice still dey. He said I shud come bk in 2days to find out if it has shrinked. As long as u've ovulated u dnt Nid to bother ursef.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 7:09pm On May 26, 2015
my fine mamas to be, i need advice on what to do.
my period is so regular and i get signs of ovulation and i bd properly but no show. hubby did tests and count is like 45million with only 20percent active and like 25percent motile. abeg what can i do.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 7:24pm On May 26, 2015
grin@mummyosayande: Your vj will relax its nerve when you remove the seed. By the next day after removal, you'll feel the vj loosen up slightly. Also, the one seed a month is for those who are not ttc, that's the maintenance dose. For preventing any gynea issues in non-ttc ladies.
Me, I like to Google well well o, before I buy anything. So, relax, the thread will not cut.

If you have a feeling that af wants to show, you can pull it today. Since, if it comes out on its own when using the loo, you can re-insert another one. So, I see no reason why you can't pull it out when its not up to 3days yet.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 7:25pm On May 26, 2015
hotmomma:
my fine mamas to be, i need advice on what to do.
my period is so regular and i get signs of ovulation and i bd properly but no show. hubby did tests and count is like 45million with only 20percent active and like 25percent motile. abeg what can i do.

Get drugs to increase your DH's mortility and morphology.
Or go for IVF
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 7:45pm On May 26, 2015
sugah:

Get drugs to increase your DH's mortility and morphology.
Or go for IVF
sugah thanks for your response, what drugs can increase his mortility and morphology pls.
Apple19, has your gyn given you the drugs for your hubby? please what drugs did he recommend
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 7:54pm On May 26, 2015
hotmomma:

sugah thanks for your response, what drugs can increase his mortility and morphology pls.
Apple19, has your gyn given you the drugs for your hubby? please what drugs did he recommend
I would advice you see a urologist. Ask your gynea. to refer you to one. Some gyneas also treat male issues. They might run some tests for infection also and treat.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 8:14pm On May 26, 2015
@hotmomma I think you should listen to mummyEsther.

Some drugs that can help, fertilaid and mortility boost.
Manix
Addyzoa.

Some doctors even treat with clomid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 26, 2015
mompurity2:
@sexywifey, I wanted to see the responses bfor I talk. I also tested with hpt (although nt with FMU) and it was a BFN.
I went for TVS Tdy and it showed I ovulated and another follice still dey. He said I shud come bk in 2days to find out if it has shrinked. As long as u've ovulated u dnt Nid to bother ursef.

Ok then. Thanks. But that TVS dey fear me o... too invasive. Will just BD and wait for my BFP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 26, 2015
@all triggering, the very wishes is what I wish you all.

@sexywify, ha I no pity your hubby these few days ahead o, and this is weekend again, hian, Oops, enjoy and has happy baby making.

Two weeks time na geen geen with plenty pregnancy announcements. Make e plenty well well including me in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 26, 2015
Mummyesther thank u oo! God bless. Me sef Google is my very good friend o. Bt the way e alum my 'tins' fear me gaan! But I'm gerring the hang of it. Useless af never come. I won't induce. Cos I feel all d signs that it's coming. I want to finish all d seeds befor I ovulate cos I wan go clomid way this time and join the triggering club grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uwasam(f): 8:50pm On May 26, 2015
Hello all, am new here. Have been stalking this page for awhile now , i decided to join a few days ago. Hope am welcome. My story is quite long. I will come up with details later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 9:26pm On May 26, 2015
welcome @uwasam. may ur stay be short and very fruitful with a Big, Bold and Fat Positive
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by praisefulmum: 9:27pm On May 26, 2015
You are very welcome Uwasam, May your stay be short and extremely fruitful.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rejoice03: 9:32pm On May 26, 2015
Gudevening fruitful mamas! @all newbies wishing u a short and fruitful stay. Dh does not want me to read anytin on ttc again but I sometimes sneak to read up witout login in dats why I have not log in for awhile. My sabi mamas kindly interpret dis DH result for me. He did d test dis month I notice dere is a lot of drops compared to d one he did in january & I don't understand d result. Doc said is ok but wit no details.

Isolated: staphylococus spp isolated
Appearance- creamy opalescent
Volume - 2ml
Viscosity- normovisid
PH- 8
Shape/size defects - normal 40%
Small 20%
Large 10%
Tapering 20%
Pyriform nil
Amorphous nil
Double head 10%
Double tail nil

Vitality- alive 70%
Dead 30%
Motility rapid progressive 40%
Slow/sluggish 30%
Non progressive 30%

Count- 89.4 *10E6/ml
Total count- 178.8 *10E6/ejaculation.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 26, 2015
Welcome uwasam may youur stay here be short and fruitful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 9:40pm On May 26, 2015
@sexywife and house............that has always been my fear with the hcg trigger shot......its clearly written on the body to be refrigrated...and we all know how naija n light be.........the times my dw used it..we tried buying the ones with near prod dates......so as to reduce the chances of buying a drug that has lost its efficacy, due to lack of refrigration........
so the thing puts a big question mark on all these hcg injections..........i tire!!!

the doc then insisted on 10,000 iui yet we hv tried 3 times..n no bfp yet, so going natural now.
the whole thing can be so frustrating arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh undecided

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 10:13pm On May 26, 2015
@rejoice03. in my own very limited knwoledge,i tink ur dh's SFA is more than ok. its wonderful. 89milliin count per ml, 40% motility. nice
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple19: 10:31pm On May 26, 2015
@hotmomma... No he hasn't. I'm scheduled to see him tomorrow. @uwasam...you're welcome sis, may your stay be short and fruitful dear.
. @ALL the triggering momas... Hmm am watching ya'll o. Se I said you should not try my stunt at home grin.. It is well o. I wish you all Positive and smiling HPTs

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rejoice03: 10:47pm On May 26, 2015
@mamakendra thks for d resp God bless u. So I need to realy work on myself God pls take control oh. I just have to do dat Hsg cause evrytin seem fine but stil no conception.

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.