Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P (1291 Views)

Azerbaijan President Appoints His Wife As Vice President (Photos) / Equatorial-Guinea’s President Nguema Appoints His Son As Vice President / Liberian President Appoints Son Central Bank Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Greatzeus(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Teodoro Obiang Nguema, the current serving President of Equatorial Guinea won 93.7% of the total votes cast, to be reelected as President for the 6th consecutive term this year.
He is the world's longest serving President having ruled for 37years.
According to local television stations, he has further consolidated his power by promoting his son, Teodoro Obiang Mangue, from "second vice President" to vice President. Power has been in the family for Equatorial Guinea's entire existence as an independent country.
Teodoro Obiang Nguema took power from his uncle in 1979, through a violent coup, before sentencing him to death. He has been accused of corruption and embezzlement of public funds by foreign authorities, especially the United State. In 2014,some of his assets in California were seized,worth millions of dollars.

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/22/the-worlds-longest-serving-president-just-appointed-his-son-as-vp/?wpisrc=nl_wv&wpmm=1

Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by chocolateme(f): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Family business
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by attackgat: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2016
The Teodoro Obiang man is the worst dictator in Africa. He killed his own paternal uncle just to grab power in the late 70's. Equtorial Guinea is an Oil rich nation but all the money from Oil goes straight into the Presidents personal account.
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by mesoprogress(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Are these people cursed? Why is Africa so wicked to themselves??
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by coolcharm(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2016
I blame the people who keep voting him. 6 times... That summarise their cluelesness
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Rule rule rule carry your spirit rule. Carry your soul rule. Carry your nose rule. Carry your unborn great grand children rule because na only you dae the country

[size=20pt]Hope i didn't offend anybody?[/size] grin
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Greatzeus(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2016
mesoprogress:
Are these people cursed? Why is Africa so wicked to themselves??
I blame the Guineans,I mean for 6 consecutive term and everybody is going about their business.Are there not nationalists and pro democracy activists in that country that could challenge this man?
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Pavore9: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2016
That is monarchy in disguise of democracy!

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by blaquemyc: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2016
I guess his family owns the country.
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Greatzeus(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2016
coolcharm:
I blame the people who keep voting him. 6 times... That summarise their cluelesness
For 39years,that's cluelessness raised to the power of 39,lol
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by predear(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Africans nd their mentality
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Viktor1983(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
i know it must be in Africa.. Stone age continent. cry
Re: World's Longest Serving President Appoints Son As V.P by Luxiana19(f): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
They probably rigged the destiny of that election. 93% kor

(1) (Reply)

US Diplomat Is Arrested In Nairobi For Drawing Gun On Driver In Traffic Clash. / See The Very Funny But Rude Donald Trump Doll An Artist Created / US Vice President Lands In South Korea After North’s Failed Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.