Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos (45633 Views)

Atiku Visits Silverbird Cinema As Ben Bruce Welcomes Him(photo) / PHOTOS: Atiku Opens Chicken Cottages At Silverbird Cinema / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Adekorya: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
obinnashady:
They made the debt public

when he pays up,the dogs (Efcc) will come after him to ascertain where he got such an amount from,

His properties will be seized

This is Buhari's Nigeria.
Your argument is sound but not valid.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nukilia:
Can somebody kindly explain this? cool

Guess we are gradually going back to the MILITARY ERA undecided
/
Property of a habitual debtor is being held on lien by the creditor per court's order.

The issue is that fvckery in Nigeria has been going on for so long that it became a norm.

The same way bribery, nepotism, runs, etc are national past time that they have become a culture.

\

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by SAEJO: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
How many trillions did Dangote and his cohorts stole from this country, how much is he (Dangote) owing the banks? The north and southwest will surely get what they're looking for from the South-South and it will not be long.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
MosesNG:
[sup][/sup] Dangote is owing banks AND he is SERVICING the loans. Has your brother from the SS been SERVICING his? And perhaps UNION BANK cares what ethnicity you are from or don't you feel other Nigerians from the SS have savings in UNION bank? When the bank goes under its gonna take everyone down with it regardless of whatever tribe ua from so stop being [b][/b]myopically senseless[b]

Oyinbo poju...
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Qmerit(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
satelliteDISH:
So this common sense general no dey pay tax. How he come take owe over N11billion? Breeze don dey blow fowl yansh open.

Bros it about loan not tax... loan from bank and failure to pay up at the agreed time this is the result
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by priestcharm(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
when are they taking over Jimoh's properties

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by MosesNG(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
idnobleg:

Oyinbo poju...
My body dey hot ni
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by jayriginal: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
Johnnoo:
This is pure w1tch-hunting. Anybody can owe a bank so far there is collateral for backups

I can't believe you just said that.

What's the purpose of collateral?

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by adanny01(m): 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
olapluto:

I sympathize with you. You do not understand what is going on around you, but you must talk, hence you pitch sides with the most simplistic side.

Here is what is going on:
1. Mr Ben Murray Bruce borrow money for bank. He use his companies as collateral. The loan is up to 10 Billion naira.
2. Mr common sense defaulted (i. e he did not pay back)
3. Government is taking over the collateral.
Nothing about military era. The people who will suffer the bad loan are the masses. Mr Bruce will not feel the pain one bit. Imagine UBA or Union bank closes because they cannot operate anymore. Imagine the number of poor Nigerians whose money will be gone. Will you prefer this happens or Mr Bruce pays his debt?
The government has done nothing wrong. If Mr. Bruce repays the loan tomorrow, it will be illegal for AMCON to still hold the building.

Infact there is more in between 2 and 3.

2a. Government (AMCON) paid union bank the loan that Murray-Bruce took. This is to avoid the bank collapsing from being unable to pay some people who have deposits in the bank.
2b. AMCON Has to get back their money from Bruce.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by southpole: 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
My problem with nairaland forum is that it is full of mentally under age people, how can someone prefer that bruce be allowed to run and enjoy his businesses while Union bank collapse with its thousands of workers? I am thinking of closing my account here but let me consult with lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by akajos4real: 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Just like the GEJ government protected them from paying their debt.
Time don catch up with them, I wonder why him common sense nor see this one solve am as he dey use mouth solve Nigeria Problem.
How can one family owe 11billion naira? Wetin them use the money for? why them never pay the money since?
There is God oooh!!!
This one nor be APC or PDP matter instead na very simple thing.

You go money lender hand go collect money (Union Bank) and u drop something as collateral, the money don reach to pay u no get am, the money lender go seize ur property na abi (AMCON).

Where Military era come enter this one na? or APC and PDP concern this matter?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Sheriffc(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
boss1310:
once you are not a supporter of this government you will be witch hunted whether through legal on non legal means.
Nigeria has been"changed"back to military era where supporters are compensated while the opposition are foods for the EFCC yet some people approves it just to win their arguments of being in a particular political party.let's be patriotic and leave tribal and partisan affiliations to our ancestors cos that's why Nigeria is still where it is today
I support fighting corruption and anything that is against the law but it mustn't be on a selected few,I personally don't like any political party in this country as they are all full of greedy opportunist but what is been done to opposition now is very appalling.
if you support marginalized method of fighting corruption it might be your turn tomorrow
Dude read this and stop been silly:
I sympathize with you. You do not understand what is going on around you, but you must talk, hence you pitch sides with the most simplistic side.

1. Mr Ben Murray Bruce borrow money for bank. He use his companies as collateral. The loan is up to 10 Billion naira.
Nothing about military era. The people who will suffer the bad loan are the masses. Mr Bruce will not feel the pain one bit. Imagine UBA or Union bank closes because they cannot operate anymore. Imagine the number of poor Nigerians whose money will be gone. Will you prefer this happens or Mr Bruce pays his debt?
The government has done nothing wrong. If Mr. Bruce repays the loan tomorrow, it will be illegal for AMCON to still hold the building.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Sheriffc(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
jayriginal:

I can't believe you just said that.

What's the purpose of collateral?
Good question bro! Most of these guys had allowed their myopic thinking becloud their sense of reasoning. Every happenings must be viewed from the prism of politics and their HATRED for PMB and APC, I feel sorry for the future of this country.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by boss1310(m): 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sheriffc:

Dude read this and stop been silly:

may be u were conceived and grew up in the democratic Nigeria, I on the other hand was conceived few years before the first executive president of Nigeria took office and after they were toppled I was conscious as a human to know how military government deal with oppositions.if you had opened your partisan eyes to read my comments you should have known that am not saying that AMCON move is illegal but the same thing should be done to everyone as it is becoming very clear by the day that what we are witnessing in this country is total opposition witch hunt.if you were also patient to read my comments you will notice am no supporter of any party like you cos I remember OBJ did the same to any opposing voice during his time.fayose will soon face his own when he loses his immunity and where is femi kayode today
so my dear if as of now you haven't known what is happening in this country then you live in the moon but if you do and keep supporting it,well all you typed above are tales by moonlight
if this government is clean Amaechi should be in prison and if my opinion vexed you that much to call me names you,drink sniper as its the poison in vogue now but before you do that try donate everything you have to charity so you will be pardoned.byee

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by balatukur: 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
DjAndroid:
But why is it that its only PDP faithful that are victims of this corruption fight? Adonbilivit!
because it's only d PDP DT and their supporters DT eat our yam. sooner or later it's will get to ur turn
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by balatukur: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
googlepikins:
Buhari will lose this fight against the SS people
NOTHING GOD IS COMING FROM SS EXCEPT DESTRUCTION OF UR ENVIRONMENT, NDA PLEASE KEEP UP DESTROYING UR ENVIRONMENT, 100%IN UR SUPPORT
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by balatukur: 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
a common sense preacher who lack the common sense
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by cooooooks(m): 1:16am On Jun 24, 2016
It's debt not tax.

satelliteDISH:
So this common sense general no dey pay tax. How he come take owe over N11billion? Breeze don dey blow fowl yansh open.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by cooooooks(m): 1:17am On Jun 24, 2016
You cannot owe forever

Johnnoo:
This is pure w1tch-hunting. Anybody can owe a bank so far there is collateral for backups
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by googlepikins: 1:29am On Jun 24, 2016
balatukur:
NOTHING GOD IS COMING FROM SS EXCEPT DESTRUCTION OF UR ENVIRONMENT, NDA PLEASE KEEP UP DESTROYING UR ENVIRONMENT, 100%IN UR SUPPORT
so why are you complaining. Our oil our land our money.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by madjune(m): 5:46am On Jun 24, 2016
boss1310:
once you are not a supporter of this government you will be witch hunted whether through legal on non legal means.
Nigeria has been"changed"back to military era where supporters are compensated while the opposition are foods for the EFCC yet some people approves it just to win their arguments of being in a particular political party.let's be patriotic and leave tribal and partisan affiliations to our ancestors cos that's why Nigeria is still where it is today
I support fighting corruption and anything that is against the law but it mustn't be on a selected few,I personally don't like any political party in this country as they are all full of greedy opportunist but what is been done to opposition now is very appalling.
if you support marginalized method of fighting corruption it might be your turn tomorrow

Can you keep quiet.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Codyt(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2016
olapluto:

In summary and simple put! Jah bless
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Codyt(m): 6:45am On Jun 24, 2016
marksleek25:
wat of silver bird cinema for Ikeja mall? ;Dwat of silver bird cinema for Ikeja mall?
I think the outlet at ikeja city mall wasn't included as collateral. I may be wrong.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by boss1310(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2016
madjune:

Can you keep quiet.
can you make noise
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Ibro2005: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2016
U should understand that... AMCON is not government... so stop accusing govt. He just borrowed money and refused to pay back.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 24, 2016
HAPPY to respond...

She works in Rhythm 93.7 and they are currently off air because of the CLOSURE !!!!
Ademusiwa1:

UNDERSTAND....
[/size][size=8pt][color=#990000][/color]
[size=28pt]
What does toke Makinwa have to do with Ben Bruce, they are not related, in anyway.

Ben Bruce is ijaw, toke Makinwa is yoruba. Their lines don't cross.

t][/size]
grin
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by molas02: 11:10am On Jun 24, 2016
hundredhundred:

Why is it difficult for you to make use of your sense bro. Why? Tell me the truth.
how did my comment affect ur brain bro..................................y?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Nominates Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande For NERC Chair, Drops Shasore / IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ / Moremi Ojudu Writes A Letter To Tinubu: "You Sold Us Using Lagos As Model"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.