Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,840 members, 7,828,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! (56455 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry / Olayode Juliana Vows To Remain A Virgin Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by aremz(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2016
I think olamide is just playing his cards right
He wants to conquer Nigeria first
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Israellb(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2016
Dahveydson:

Goodmusic in ajegunle abi Sony music under oshodi bridge?
Mtchewww
Ohh sorry i've forgotten y'all local cant know about that
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Israellb(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Buy naija, listen naija, listen olamide and grow the naira
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Superiorwords: 10:34am On Jun 24, 2016
aaronson:
Well, As much as I hate the Nigeria music industry and the artistes. Olamide tends to be worst in limelight because he gained popularity off indigenous language and models of Nigeria interactions such as slangs, salutations, Nigeria street appeal, Apparel, photo Pose, Flows and flowery, Misongynistic potray of women and the likes.

So why isn't he recognized internationally.

Reason is those indigenous factors aforementioned is difficult for the international community to understand but it makes sense to Nigerian, Not just any Nigerian but the gullible and half baked educated once, the street hustlers, touts, loosed girls and club house.

As a 21st century man who relies on his brain for responsible living, Olamide is a bad influence to me and youngsters looking up to him. Wizkid and Davido are also bad influences but the difference is they use understandable pidgin/English and mostly sing about love to women , club and burning money but in English so the international community easily understands what they saying.

Warning- To you parents who dream of raising the Einstein, Tesla or Bill Gates of tomorrow then Wizkid, Davido & Olamide are all bad influence to your children.

I concur.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Intimaci2: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by jude90(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2016
once he makes money from its not bad
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kay29000(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Olamide rose rapidly to the top by singing jargons and has remained there by signing more jargons. Obviously because we Nigerians are intellectually lazy to critique whatever songs come out. We simply go well with jargons.
Check out his lyrics, does it make any sense to an educated mind? Now compare his lyrics to other African artistes of international acclaim (pls don't mention Davido), then you'll see why he remains a street boy.
PS : Artistes like Wizkid, Iggy Azalea, Lil Wayne, 2face, Kofi olomide began on the street, today they have gone global.

Putting Lil Wayne in your list of sensible musicians just floored your whole comment. Do you listen to what dude raps about? He is no better than Olamide in the Jargons region. All his songs have at least half a dozen mentions of p&&sy in them.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by wellmax(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2016
thesicilian:

Awilo sings in French, an international language. In short, I'm sure you're aware that French is an official language in Nigeria while Yoruba is not

French is an international Language, agreed.
French official language in Nigeria. WRONG
Yoruba is a major Language in Nigeria.
Get your facts straight.

And by the way, the song "Gangnam Style" was sang in what International Language?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by buharisbae(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2016
saintdennis:

Exactly, we are not humble because we wanna be 'humble' but because we wanna portray a good image and also in order to 'gain favour'.

Humility isn't just a form of pride, it is the highest level of pride.

Humility is being TOO PROUD to allow your pride(ego) negatively affect your opportunity to receive something immediate or in future.

that is why some people when upset make statements like "if no b condition how this smallie wan dey talk to me anyhow". "Imagine a common security man with ordinary SSCE insulting me just because I wanted to submit my application @ the bank". Etc.

Also people are only nice to others below their level in life because 'no one knows tomorrow'

During elections A godfather / politician will humble himself b4 the electorate because he's too proud to loose that election, he needs to win that election to further boost his pride(ego). I mean who wouldn't be proud to be called governor, senator or honourable?

In summary...humility is a form of pride, it's just got better PR grin

wow 10 millions likes for this! u just gave me one of the best explanation on earth! thanks I really appreciate wink

Hope u don't mind if I borrow ur slogan -HUMiLITY IS A FORM OF PRIDE ! wink Cuz thats my new slogan tongue
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by saintdennis(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2016
buharisbae:

wow 10 millions likes for this! u just gave me one of the best explanation on earth! thanks I really appreciate wink

Hope u don't mind if I borrow ur slogan -HUMiLITY IS A FORM OF PRIDE ! wink Cuz thats my new slogan tongue

Lols. Thanks.

Well u don't hv to ask...it's not trade marked wink.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
syntekelite:

we are not slaves anymore,lilwayne,kanye,jayz,2chainz,all cannot make it in our nigerian industry let alone collect kora awards...so why should we bow to americans just cos tgey have a bettèr economy and government who did the needful for their music industry..moreover 70% of american rappers spew recycled and vulgar lyrics,why is olamide's lyrics bad and not theirs?

why is everyone shouting america; america: am talking about intl recognition; you are talking about america rappers: is it only when you are known in america that you have intl recognition ??
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Fash20:
he never said he needed BET award ok He is a local rapper.who the Bleep told you the BET is synonymous to progress!

reminds me one of his punch lines

"Ibile buruku ni mio H-factor abale sha or kin tabon"

Meaning

"I'm terribly local,you will notice H-factor or I shell"

So, my brother he never said he wanted any of those things by forming what he is not. He is a local rapper and he is contented with that. If his local way can get him BET fine and if otherwise Bleep it.
just gree. Wizkid pass am
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Akjr:
tell them
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by ocheze1: 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
OPA GANGNAM STYLE!!! NUFF SAID JARE
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kingDELE(m): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2016
Iamsynord:

tell them
Akjr:
yes both of u are ryt. Wizkid pass am wella as a SLAVE.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Seunnzy(m): 6:11am On Jun 25, 2016
buharisbae:
op you are 100% right! his songs are for Yoruba touts and street people he speak 90% of yoruba in his song he doesn't carry others in his song he song are just popular mostly in the west

issue of not getting international features and bla bla is due to the fact that he is Local! anyways I still love olamide!

and yeah he need to slow down in the release of song he need to get people to thirst for his song! that's y WizKid doesn't drop singles and album any how he needs to be thirsted for in the industry
I like d way u reason.for real
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2016
kingDELE:
yes both of u are ryt. Wizkid pass am wella as a SLAVE.
hw do u call sumone dah dey look 4 a slave. Wizkid sitdown jeje, Drake do remix of ojuelegba, him sit down jeje drake beg am mk dem do collabo (one dance) him sit down jeje chrisbrown caller am for mk him follow am go world tour, him sit down jeje r kelly call am 4 colabor (i jst wanna tnk) him sit down jeje our very tinie tempah call am 4 collabo #mamacita.. And more will still call.... Pason wei u fit call slave nah 2FACE 2 pose as a slave wit dj khalid. Our own legen fa. I gues u mst av seen d post. Guy wizkid x a boss. Mk dem call Olamide na or DAVIDO. Instead nah davido dei go find dem. Wizzzzzzzzzy
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 6:43am On Jun 25, 2016
FeestoNOVA:

I really understand where you coming from but let be realistic been a king in your country is far more enough than been a boi boi in another country.

If you saying these are the reasons why Olamide has gone international then I would gladly ask you to tell me why Banky and Sound Sultan hasn't gone international or even Darey because if na talent Wizkid and Davido no reach ds people unless of course you throw in sentiment
What everybody want to achieve in life is different if Wizkid and Davido feel they need to feature all the international artiste in the world to appeal to people den so be it
If Olamide decide to remain local so be it they all have different agenda but there goal still remains the same to make money.
Fame without money is nonsense plus I think is high time we stop chasing after this people if truly our sounds and music don evolve then they should chase after us
Bottomline do what works for you and that exactly what Olamide is doing

for ur information, if u look in2 it, x only Davido dat x pusueing intl fame. Wizkid was in 9ja, drake did d remx of ojueleegba, he was in 9ja drake calld hm 4 one dance, he was in 9ja crisbrown calld him 4 a tour as special gues, rkelly too, tinie tempah too etc...... So guy do u undstnd dat u making a wrong statemnt bout wizkid Say dt 2 davido paying meek mill, sraemund, or wateva 4 collabos. Alicia keys n husband(swizzbeat) admires n comment him.. Olamide local n rubish no go mk am go anywhr.
If u born 2 b a star, bro no h8r wll stp u.... Dose pipu r d once wanting wizkid.. G if u c tru tok. Americans r music dem self, evry 9ja musician wnt 2 get dr, n wizkid x wanted dere... Diffrence clear??
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 6:47am On Jun 25, 2016
buharisbae:
op you are 100% right! his songs are for Yoruba touts and street people he speak 90% of yoruba in his song he doesn't carry others in his song he song are just popular mostly in the west

issue of not getting international features and bla bla is due to the fact that he is Local! anyways I still love olamide!

and yeah he need to slow down in the release of song he need to get people to thirst for his song! that's y WizKid doesn't drop singles and album any how he needs to be thirsted for in the industry
babe ur reasoning ova mature. I wish Olamide will hav sum1 dah hav d type of ur mind set so dat dey wll b advicing him d way he drop music. Jst few years, nobdy in nigria has music s him. I lov his music b4, bt now his voice bug. Jst listen 2 konkonbilty n compare it 2 rubish. No diffa. Babe thumbs up, u don mk me fall in love wit u
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kingDELE(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2016
Akjr:
babe ur reasoning ova mature. I wish Olamide will hav sum1 dah hav d type of ur mind set so dat dey wll b advicing him d way he drop music. Jst few years, nobdy in nigria has music s him. I lov his music b4, bt now his voice bug. Jst listen 2 konkonbilty n compare it 2 rubish. No diffa. Babe thumbs up, u don mk me fall in love wit u
we knw ur type. Kwantinue.
Akjr:
guy nothin.. Nah d truf i line up 4 u so.... If u like gree
when d'banj go dey do slavery, no b so huna praise am? Nw wetin b d out cum.

Meanwhile, me go just sitdown, cross leg and watch as d all drama unfolds.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kingDELE(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2016
Akjr:
hw do u call sumone dah dey look 4 a slave. Wizkid sitdown jeje, Drake do remix of ojuelegba, him sit down jeje drake beg am mk dem do collabo (one dance) him sit down jeje chrisbrown caller am for mk him follow am go world tour, him sit down jeje r kelly call am 4 colabor (i jst wanna tnk) him sit down jeje our very tinie tempah call am 4 collabo #mamacita.. And more will still call.... Pason wei u fit call slave nah 2FACE 2 pose as a slave wit dj khalid. Our own legen fa. I gues u mst av seen d post. Guy wizkid x a boss. Mk dem call Olamide na or DAVIDO. Instead nah davido dei go find dem. Wizzzzzzzzzy
i no go argue wit u because u no fit see d truth. So make i no waste my tym.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2016
kingDELE:
i no go argue wit u because u no fit see d truth. So make i no waste my tym.
guy nothin.. Nah d truf i line up 4 u so.... If u like gree
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by EmmyDe25(m): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2016
Dahveydson:
If you don't understand music, Keep shut!!

Who International recognition epp?

D'banj went international, where is the koko master today?

And some of the points are outrightly ridiculous and stupid, because he doesn't dress corporate? Really? Did Fela dress corporate?

These jokers with nothing to write about should go and work on being known in their Local govt first before attempting to throw stone at someone for not being international.

Op who you epp? You don bath? Smellos!
The guy lost it when i saw "He doesnt dress corporate" how can you be that stupid? such that you are attributing International recognition to dressing in a certain way. Please tell me if Diamond sings in English. Ojuelegba and Gongo Aso are songs that were widely accepted across continents. Were they composed in English ? We just have bunch of muppets on here. This explains why i only come here once a week these days.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2016
aremz:
I think olamide is just playing his cards right

He wants to conquer Nigeria first

so he has not conquered Nigeria yet.....
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2016
amclimax:
Doesn't olamide rap?
no , he sings
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by FeestoNOVA(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2016
Akjr:
for ur information, if u look in2 it, x only Davido dat x pusueing intl fame. Wizkid was in 9ja, drake did d remx of ojueleegba, he was in 9ja drake calld hm 4 one dance, he was in 9ja crisbrown calld him 4 a tour as special gues, rkelly too, tinie tempah too etc...... So guy do u undstnd dat u making a wrong statemnt bout wizkid Say dt 2 davido paying meek mill, sraemund, or wateva 4 collabos. Alicia keys n husband(swizzbeat) admires n comment him.. Olamide local n rubish no go mk am go anywhr.
If u born 2 b a star, bro no h8r wll stp u.... Dose pipu r d once wanting wizkid.. G if u c tru tok. Americans r music dem self, evry 9ja musician wnt 2 get dr, n wizkid x wanted dere... Diffrence clear??

Bro go check well biko...Wizkid wasn't in Nigeria when tinie featured him dey met in uk...and Wizkid had nothing to do with Ojulegba it was all skepta dt pitched it to drake skepta who by d way na naija born but based in uk....if truly u follow naija music well u go know say Wizkid as spent most of ds year even last year album chasing international collaboration.. like he said last year and I quote "I am working on an international album"
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 11:30am On Jun 25, 2016
FeestoNOVA:

Bro go check well biko...Wizkid wasn't in Nigeria when tinie featured him dey met in uk...and Wizkid had nothing to do with Ojulegba it was all skepta dt pitched it to drake skepta who by d way na naija born but based in uk....if truly u follow naija music well u go know say Wizkid as spent most of ds year even last year album chasing international collaboration.. like he said last year and I quote "I am working on an international album"
and unna legend two face last album was intl album.... He havnt even released he's n dey lookn 4 hm... Guy, i dei on wizkid matter bumper 2 bumper... 24/7 i knw whr hm dei. Ryt now him dei LA.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 11:34am On Jun 25, 2016
kingDELE:
we knw ur type. Kwantinue. when d'banj go dey do slavery, no b so huna praise am? Nw wetin b d out cum.

Meanwhile, me go just sitdown, cross leg and watch as d all drama unfolds.
guy u cnt in any way compare dbanj 2 wizkid... Wizkid murdr hm.. If u curent bout 9ja music.. There was a time wizkid blast dban n said kenye west is just using u.. By den x wen he was about to b in convict recd label... Guy wizkid abt 2 creat hi3. Like he said. Creatin somtin Iconic
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by AshiwajuFoward: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2016
funnynation:

help me translate am abeg.. Wetin e mean??

Lol. It literally means, "Oh Lord, please forgive them, and let them use the same mouth they used in calling me 'Local' to still end up calling me 'Number 1'."

From Reminisce's Hit track titled "Local Rapper", feat. Olamide and Phyno
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Dahveydson(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2016
EmmyDe25:

The guy lost it when i saw "He doesnt dress corporate" how can you be that stupid? such that you are attributing International recognition to dressing in a certain way. Please tell me if Diamond sings in English. Ojuelegba and Gongo Aso are songs that were widely accepted across continents. Were they composed in English ? We just have bunch of muppets on here. This explains why i only come here once a week these days.

The whole Nigerian social media space is being taken over by people who can't think straight, it's exhausting.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kingDELE(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
Akjr:
guy u cnt in any way compare dbanj 2 wizkid... Wizkid murdr hm.. If u curent bout 9ja music.. There was a time wizkid blast dban n said kenye west is just using u.. By den x wen he was about to b in convict recd label... Guy wizkid abt 2 creat hi3. Like he said. Creatin somtin Iconic
habaha i knw say wizkid get talent die. I respect dat dude wella. But na pple like huna dey make us insult am (wizkid). Olamide is wel o.k in both monetry and fame aspects along side others, der bot have their lane. If wiskid try what ola is doing, den ola try what wiz is doing, u should knw what else will happen.... Most of dis artist are cheats. Der will collect 500k outside Nigeria but will demand for 5mill and above..... I belive music is not 4 only educating. Music should either entertain, educate, inform among odas. So if Ola music doesn't educate u, try d entertainment. It has a function......

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija's Tega Dominic Joins Hair By Jenny's Glow As Their Ambassador (Photos) / Yinka Ayefeles Fresh FM Is Currently Being Demolished / Festus Fadeyi: Toke Makinwa Reacts To Rumor Of Dating 70-Year-Old Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.