Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation (24452 Views)

Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Laura Ikeji Denies Living In Linda Ikeji's House & Leaving Instagram / Dj Cuppy Flaunts N75Million Wrist Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Onegai(f): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
But LIB is a corporate entity: she needs a corporate account to be paid for the advert spaces she sells on her blog. And a corporate account means she must have documents from CAC. And FIRS can definitely go after that. Who is deceiving whom here?

I doubt FIRS will publicly come out and give details of this story. And Nigerians don't understand Tax laws and Business laws clearly. So she can get away with whatever.

Like I said earlier, word on the street is that most of the money for that house or the house itself came from someone who dabbled in politics and needed to hide assets/money laundering.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by youngalex(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Apart from Tax in Property.....Is Linda Ikeji Blog a registered company? When last did she file tax returns statement with the Corporate Affairs Commission? If her blog is a registered Company operating for over 6 years is she eligible for a Fine for not filing tax returns?...these are pertinent questions yearning for rational responses
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
AfribaryChika:
Tax evasion? Who the hell do FIRS think they are. There is need for a revolution in this country. 75 million? How about the charges from bank and those useless every month tax bills deduction from bank? What is going on in Nigeria?
My friend, thats the reason Buhari installed that Tinubu's boy as the chairman FIRS. He singlehandedly trippled Lagos' IGR.
With dwindling economic fortunes, luxury taxation is the way to go

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by skywalker001(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
FreeWorld23:
75m too small? She is that rich?
Her net worth is up to 11million dollars so N75million is jst a change to her
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by FreeWorld23: 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
skywalker001:
Her net worth is up to 11million dollars so N75million is jst a change to her
okay sir
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Vpleasure(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
chocolateme:
yes she is that rich.
account manager.. I see u undecided
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by numericalguy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
chocolateme:
Really?
But even if its true, the amount should be too small for her to pay..

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

What have you been smoking.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
Are bloggers eligible to pay tax though many don't have a registered firm?
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by grandstar(m): 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
sharpman1:

Have you heard of VAT?

She is not being charged for VAT evasion. That will be the fault if the developer.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Catastrophe1: 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:
I can see Linda ikeji haters above and below me! undecided most of them are currently having hbp after seeing this they love to see successful people go down! Linda don't mind those fools! enjoy ur wealth #Tesmselfmade haters can lick our aases undecided
oya u must bring that ur ass let me eat like groceries.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by chocolateme(f): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
numericalguy:

What have you been smoking.
powdered milk
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by sharpman1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
grandstar:

She is not being charged for VAT evasion. That will be the fault if the developer.

What is this one saying? I am referring to the VAT chargeable on the adverts on her website.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by sarjay1000: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Faba:
As if I knew she is going to deny it..
Liar Ikeji...

You know how to poke nose to other people's life and even go extra mile destroying them... Now it's your turn face it and fight it out..

Shame....what has dis lady ever done to u guys....pure envy....she doing d same job must of u do BUT Better

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by grandstar(m): 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
sharpman1:

What is this one saying? I am referring to the VAT chargeable on the adverts on her website.

No need to be rude.

You may have a point but I very much doubt that is why she is being sued for 75m.

That would imply advert revenues of 1.5billion

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by AfribaryChika(f): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Jung:

receive brain IJN.... Amen.

Next time ask questions before you open your mouth and say lobbbish!! angry

#LindaSycophant

Am way too serious to be her sycophant dear. I run an individual thing too. Its a wake up call.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by AfribaryChika(f): 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
Jung:

#LindaSycophant
Jung:

#LindaSycophant

Am way too serious to be her sycophant dear. I run an individual thing too. Its a wake up call.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by numericalguy(m): 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
chocolateme:
powdered milk

Lol... Funny you.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
chocolateme:
yes she is that rich.
leave linda alone make she do d one wey she n
know......... Ominiknoweest
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by lastpage: 5:30am On Jun 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
Is there anything like TAX EVASION in Nigeria? Certainly not. Corruption won't allow those thieves in FIRS do their work normally.
I laughed so loud when I read the news this morning about Linda's tax evasion wahala because it will be a bloody rumour without substantial evidence as usual.

Linda abeg enjoy thy PLANTAIN AND BANANA crib joor.

Yes, they are corrupt but when they decide to "go at you", trust me, they have the law to back them up and they can use it to finish you.

Moreso, when you have stepped on toes and have not been completely upfront about your tax.

If you are so clean that the Govt cant get you, they will surely get you with the "Tax Police". Nobody pays their 100% tax.

Go and ask Wesley Snipes and other rich dudes. undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by tonyx4x44(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2016
Onegai:
But LIB is a corporate entity: she needs a corporate account to be paid for the advert spaces she sells on her blog. And a corporate account means she must have documents from CAC. And FIRS can definitely go after that. Who is deceiving whom here?

I doubt FIRS will publicly come out and give details of this story. And Nigerians don't understand Tax laws and Business laws clearly. So she can get away with whatever.

Like I said earlier, word on the street is that most of the money for that house or the house itself came from someone who dabbled in politics and needed to hide assets/money laundering.

She does not need a corporate account to receive the funds. I own a blog myself and until I registered with the CAC in January, I received all funds into my personal accounts (large sums).

LIB only becomes a corporate entity if she decides to register it (which is not compulsory) , until then the blog is merely a monetized hobby.

I'm sure she hasn't registered it self, going by the fact that she still uses a free theme on her blog, and a Gmail account (very unofficial) for official transactions. I guess she is not one for bureaucracy.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by Onegai(f): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2016
tonyx4x44:

She does not need a corporate account to receive the funds. I own a blog myself and until I registered with the CAC in January, I received all funds into my personal accounts (large sums).

LIB only becomes a corporate entity if she decides to register it (which is not compulsory) , until then the blog is merely a monetized hobby.

I'm sure she hasn't registered it self, going by the fact that she still uses a free theme on her blog, and a Gmail account (very unofficial) for official transactions. I guess she is not one for bureaucracy.

Thanks for explaining.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by syntekelite(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2016
londonrivals:

http://expressng.com/2016/06/linda-ikeji-addresses-to-alleged-n75million-tax-evasion-mess/
sorry for being ignorant,but how much is her company worth and how much is her networth personally that she will be owing 75mil to firs...
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by sharpman1(m): 9:11am On Jun 24, 2016
grandstar:

No need to be rude.

You may have a point but I very much doubt that is why she is being sued for 75m.

That would imply advert revenues of 1.5billion

Do you know the period it covers? 1 year, 2 years, 3, 4, 5?

Do you know how much she earns as revenue on her blog? Considering she could afford to spend over N500million on one house?

Did you consider penalties for non filing of VAT returns every month.....including interest charges?

What of WHT deduction on the payment for the house (assuming she bought it from a corporate entity) which she would likely not have deducted?

The ONLY business the FIRS has with Linda is VAT and maybe WHT.
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by jude90(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2016
how much does she make that she will owe such amount? Nigeria and propaganda
Re: Linda Ikeji Denies N75million Tax Evasion Allegation by grandstar(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2016
sharpman1:

Do you know the period it covers? 1 year, 2 years, 3, 4, 5?

Do you know how much she earns as revenue on her blog? Considering she could afford to spend over N500million on one house?

Did you consider penalties for non filing of VAT returns every month.....including interest charges?

What of WHT deduction on the payment for the house (assuming she bought it from a corporate entity) which she would likely not have deducted?

The ONLY business the FIRS has with Linda is VAT and maybe WHT.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tobi Bakre Strikes A Pose With Mother In London / Teddy A And BamBam Are Expecting Their Second Child – A Boy (Video) / 2face University Of Igbinedion Degree Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.