Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday (2442 Views)

How Many Of Us Remember This Lamp / How Was This Photo Taken? / Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by tech2477: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
So i was going through different websites hopelessly today and i stumbled on this picture from Infinix Facebook page.(Ok, to be sincere i was checking if they have some giveaways as they always do). Anyway can anyone remember how they used a floppy disk? I never bought it...i was always borrowing it to go the cybercafe then. Now we can boast of hard drives of almost 10Terabytes!!! #Throwbackthursday

2 Likes

Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by Pheeknow: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lwkmd 1.44MB? we really suffered then

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ha ha..not too long na. 3 1/2 floppy disk.
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by JBismarck(m): 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Wow! 1.sontin mb?

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
Now we can save thousands of documents on our phones.....as against owning quite a lot of the floppy disk to save just a few documents.

Technology has taken the world out of space.......more tech 2 come "mind blowing" tech
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by tech2477: 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bad guy!! Some youngees born from 1996 would not understand
SillyeRabbit:
Ha ha..not too long na. 3 1/2 floppy disk.
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by tech2477: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
yes oo...am telling you in the future we will be doing a throwback of hard disk of 200GB, everything would have changed by then
donkilidon:
Now we can save thousands of documents on our phones.....as against owning quite a lot of the floppy disk to save just a few documents.

Technology has taken the world out of space.......more tech 2 come "mind blowing" tech
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by dominique(f): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
31/2 floppy A grin
I remember saving games like Dave, shadow, solitaire and a few word documents. I still wonder how I fit all that into just 1.4Mb

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by prodiG(m): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
Good old days embarassed
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by FakeNEWSevryday: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hmmmm,how time flies...
Just like yesterday
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by SunnyJose(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
haaa... nah virus warehouse be that, i cant forget that thing called diskette, make i no talk much

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by Specyano(m): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
Damn I remembered me using that to copy super Mario then when learning dektop publishing
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by prof800(m): 11:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Floppydisk!

prodiG:
Good old days embarassed
Why are old days always "good"? Why can't people say bad old days? Just saying. sad
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by joseph214(m): 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
Where can I get the "10 terabyte" hard disk.
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Change is always constant. But for Nigeria economy na lie. Nigeria economy has remain in a mess since 1960.
Re: Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday by abumeinben(m): 8:18am On Jun 24, 2016
You call 1.44MB back in the days a small storage?

The first hard disk built by Seagate back then was described as a whooping 5MB HDD.

Docs were in KB then. Imagine how many docs of sizes less than 50kb would fit into that disk!

(1) (Reply)

Google Pixel XL, Full Specification And Price / That Moment The Demand For The Nokia 3310 Is Higher Than The LG G6 & Xperia XZ / Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.