Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? (2264 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A21s - How Good Is The New Exynos 850? / Samsung's Exynos VS Snapdragon Issue. / More Data Or More Airtime: Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by OlaAshawo: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
I have had the opportunity to use both processesor on flagship device and this is my take

exynos is Samsung owned processor and used in almost all Samsung mid range and flagship devices with dedicated gpu Mali

snapdragon is a processor owned by qualcomm with inbuilt adreno gpu

having used both processors on both flagship and mid range I'll authoritatively tell you that exynos processors are better than snapdragon all round
exynos are always battery friendly and beast in multitasking though same can be found in snapdragon but trust me exynos is better.

do you know that galaxy s7 running exynos 8890 is more superior in performance than s7 edge running snapdragon 820

same goes with s8 exynos and s8+ snapdragon

and even when you check the basemark and bench mark scores exynos always beat snapdragon of the same level
just check benchmark score of s7 and s7 edge or s8 and s8+ (snapdragon version)

I'll always prefer exynos to snapdragon anytime

which one do you prefer?
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by DeBrain045(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
Snapdragon for sure
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by calddon(m): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
SD always
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by stanboy28(m): 1:21am On Aug 27, 2018
exynos does it for me
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Topshow4real: 1:47am On Aug 27, 2018
Samsung j7 max(mediatek, 4gb ram 32gb Ron) or Samsung j7 pro (exynos, 3gb ram 64gb Ron) , which should I buy? I need Advice, I'm confused
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 27, 2018
For now no processor beats Snapdragon 845, not even the equivalent Exynos or Kirin (well except maybe Apple A11 Bionic). As for Snapdragon 820 it can be argued that the corresponding Exynos is better.
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Fundango: 11:46am On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:
For now no processor beats Snapdragon 845, not even the equivalent Exynos or Kirin (well except maybe Apple A11 Bionic). As for Snapdragon 820 it can be argued that the corresponding Exynos is better.

Does it means that Samsung Note4 Exynos model is better than it's SNapdragon model
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by ollah2: 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2018
Fundango:

Does it means that Samsung Note4 Exynos model is better than it's SNapdragon model

This is 2018 bruv
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by OlaAshawo: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
Topshow4real:
Samsung j7 max(mediatek, 4gb ram 32gb Ron) or Samsung j7 pro (exynos, 3gb ram 64gb Ron) , which should I buy? I need Advice, I'm confused
go for exynos version

cc
Lalasticlala front page
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by OlaAshawo: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
Fundango:

yes i can proudly tell you that
. I have used both versions on note 4 too

snapdragon 805 no reach exynos equivalent grin
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Fundango: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
OlaAshawo:
yes i can proudly tell you that . I have used both versions on note 4 too
snapdragon 805 no reach exynos equivalent grin
Thanks Bros! i appreciate your response grin

1 Like

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Fundango:

That's why I said it can be argued, there's no straight answer. The snapdragon 8890 on the s7 edge has better battery than the one with snapdragon 820. The snapdragon performs better in gaming and single core while the exynot performs better in multi core and browsing speed.

But the exynos 9810 on the s9 plus is no way near snapdragon 845 version in terms of battery and performance. In fact the snapdragon 845 is better than the current exynos almost in every category.

2 Likes

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by OlaAshawo: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

That's why I said it can be argued, there's no straight answer. The snapdragon 8890 on the s7 edge has better battery than the one with snapdragon 820. The snapdragon performs better in gaming and single core while the exynot performs better in multi core and browsing speed.

But the exynos 9810 on the s9 plus is no way near snapdragon 845 version in terms of battery and performance. In fact the snapdragon 845 is better than the current exynos almost in every category.
but why does exynos keeps beating snapdragon in any speed test?

bro exynos is very underrated
snapdragon is just making use of American influence on Samsung if not Samsung would have dumped them since cheesy
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
OlaAshawo:

but why does exynos keeps beating snapdragon in any speed test?

bro exynos is very underrated
snapdragon is just making use of American influence on Samsung if not Samsung would have dumped them since cheesy

Exynos chips are tuned to perfom very good on benchmarks. In real life usage over a long period the situation is different. If u know u know. Galaxy s6 only has exynos , no snapdragon variant. At first release it was blistering fast and battery was good, but after some time performance reduced drastically and started to lag, battery life became mediocre. Samsung had to go back to making snapdragon versions for the s7 upwards.

1 Like

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Topshow4real:
but the most expensive, the provlce variation has a reason for it.
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by OlaAshawo: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

Exynos chips are tuned to perfom very good on benchmarks. In real life usage over a long period the situation is different. If u know u know. Galaxy s6 only has exynos , no snapdragon variant. At first release it was blistering fast and battery was good, but after some time performance reduced drastically and started to lag, battery life became mediocre. Samsung had to go back to making snapdragon versions for the s7 upwards.

bros snapdragon are mostly for US Market due to their tight secure bootloader they are needed for contract phones because of their unlockable bootloader that's the main reason for snapdragon
have you noticed that most US unlocked version of Samsung are exynos?

see Samsung sticks with snapdragon not because its better than exynos but snapdragon offers more secure bootloaders for US providers which are by the way one of their biggest market.

exynos is far supreme than snapdragon you can watch some geek benchmark on YouTube

s6 is just simply a hardware that fails to stand the test of time

remember processor only does not determine the lagging of a phone cool
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Topshow4real:
buy the most expensive, the price variation has a reason for it.

1 Like

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by PapalsBull(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
[s]
OlaAshawo:

bros snapdragon are mostly for US Market due to their tight secure bootloader they are needed for contract phones because of their unlockable bootloader that's the main reason for snapdragon

see Samsung sticks with snapdragon not because its better than exynos but snapdragon offers more secure bootloaders for US providers which are by the way one of their biggest market.

exynos is far supreme than snapdragon you can watch some geek benchmark on YouTube

[/s]
Stop saying what you know nothing about.
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by ngadaAwo: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
[s]
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
Stop saying what you know nothing about.
[/s]
nobody takes you serious

you're simply a troll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by calddon(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
tHe only reason i happily patronize exynos powered Samsung devices is because of their support for multiple bands of 4g network in Nigeria, if its performance SnapDragon all the way.
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by PapalsBull(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
ngadaAwo:

Bianca ojuku is a shameless corrupt prostitute

wink
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by ngadaAwo: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
PapalsBull:
awolowo is a rat poison king
wink
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by PapalsBull(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
ngadaAwo:
Stella oduaa is a cheap prostitute
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
OlaAshawo:

I know snapdragon has better secure bootloader for carrier phones. But the s6 never had a snapdragon variant, it was all exynos and sold in the US with carrier versions. So snapdragon is not all about carrier things. The s6 on release was very fast and had good battery but couldn't stand the test of time as performance and battery life drastically reduced, that US customers started complaining. Samsung had to go back to releasing the snapdragon version for the US market for the s7.

Exynos chips are tuned to smash benchmarks. In real life usage it's a different thing. I believe Samsung use exynos for international versions to cut cost because it's their own in house processor, they don't have to pay Qualcomm. But for the US market they have to offer the best so they sell snapdragon for the US market.

galaxy s7, snapdragon 820 vs Exynos 8890. No clear winner. Snapdragon wins in single core and GPU while Exynos wins in multicore (this is expected as SD820 runs on 4 cores while exynos 8890 uses 8 cores). But in real life usage both perform very well, though the snapdragon variants stand the test of time than exynos.

1 Like

Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by ngadaAwo: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
PapalsBull:
abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by Otutu1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
How can I tell if a phone i want to buy is Snapdragon or Exynos?
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by abumeinben(m): 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

I disagree with thee!
Why?
Exynos would always wait for SD to launch and then Samsung gets to work with something marginally preferable.

Let exynos and snapdragon launch same time.
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by ngadaAwo: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
abumeinben:

I disagree with thee!
Why?
Exynos would always wait for SD to launch and then Samsung gets to work with something marginally preferable.

Let exynos and snapdragon launch same time.
lol

but we're talking about performance here cheesy
Re: Snapdragon Or Exynos Which One Do You Prefer? by ngadaAwo: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Otutu1:
How can I tell if a phone i want to buy is Snapdragon or Exynos?
download cpu z on play store
it'll tell you the hardware details of your device

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better To Buy Between Samsung A50 And Samsung A12 / 25k Phone Needed / With A Budget Of 250k,which Is The Best To Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.