Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar (38133 Views)

Man Escapes From Court Room, Jumps Into Canal To Evade Trial / Teenage Girls Rescued From Kidnappers In Rivers State (Photos) / US Based Lady Escapes From Kidnappers In Lagos. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by diamondking1: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
diamondking1:
Lol.naija people need money ooooooooo
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Badtman(m): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Qrisful:
He was just let go, where do you know to escape to, Buhari has destroyed this country, and worst is still coming, Nigerians prepare
are you sure they have not Cast a Spell on You, idiot na you and your Family go see Wahla, Oga Mod awon Eyan Fifa before you Ban me kindly read his Comment oo, am sure if you are real Nigerian you won't Ban me.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by rman: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
greenpasture:
These militants are doing incalculable harm to the states and Governors that grant them safe abode. There is now a widespread feeling of entitlement that says everyone deserves a good life even if they lack skills and refuse work that they consider beneath them. What's worse many applaud them.

The corrosive effect of this type of thinking will become apparent in a few years. Students in university want six figure salaries because they copied each other's script for several years. Those who want to create value are being kidnapped, robbed, raped and driven out. The rest fight ethnic wars, achieving dubious nobility by insulting people on the Internet.

The price tag for this type of behavior is coming up for payment. Soon.

Golden generation? More like gold paint.

You are a wise man...this has always been my submission. We are indirectly encouraging the most dangerous type of selfishness where people that do not have any skills or add any form of value thibk they deserved to be millionaires.

Due to ethnic and religious bias we all fail to see this but blame the man at the center.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Jacksyn09(m): 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
queendalyn:

Three Australians working for a Perth-based mining company in Nigeria were among a group of seven men kidnapped after their vehicle was attacked in the country’s south east.
One of the group, West Australian Tim Croot, managed to escape along with a Nigerian driver. Mr Coot is being assisted by consular officials.
The hold-up, in which the driver was also shot dead, happened in the Akpabuyo district near the capital of Cross River State, Calabar, about 7am local time on Wednesday, June 22.
Three Australians, two Nigerians, a New Zealander and a South African were kidnapped in the ambush that killed their Nigerian driver, Australian officials said today.
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull the Australian ambassador was on the scene and working with local authorities. Foreign Minister Julie Bishop confirmed Mr. Coot’s lucky escape.
“We are treating this extremely seriously as, I understand, is the Nigerian Government. We have some understanding of what occurred. Suffice to say there are seven people currently being held.”
Commissioner Ozi-Obeh said police were working with the Nigerian Navy to ensure that the victims were released unharmed.
The commissioner also said no ransom demand had been received.

Source: http://timenaija.com/photo-of-australian-man-who-managed-to-escaped-from-the-nigerian-kidnappers-in-calabar/

I'm really happy for him ..... MR TIm happened to my a colleague and a boss to us at Macmahon contractors Ewekoro some months back, before being transferred to Calabar..... He's the best of his kind, amongst the foreigner brought to us, he's an exception, and I believed that was the reason why escaped....... TIM, I say u should carry on the good rapour u always build with workmates coz I knew that got u out
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
he should just thank his stars,beacause does guys are heartless
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by adimsmt: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Geographically the city is located within the south-east region of the country. Don't forget formally, that Calabar was the capital of South-Eastern state including Akwa Ibom state in the 70's before the name Cross River was adopted. South-South geo-political region or zone was created to accommodate the minority ethnic/tribes of the South-Eastern & Mid-Western(Edo&Delta state) to give them a sense of political belonging. I dont think there's anything like South-South in geographical terms. I stand to be corrected though.

Look I understand what you are saying and i'm not in anyway trying to dispute what you just said, my problem was when it is crime that is when they will call them southeast but when its something good they remember that they are now south south.

2 Likes

Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by brojoshua: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
I am in an European country. Many times I go around I observe people from so many different countries there, Africans, Indians, Russians, France citizens, Americans, and so on, people from almost all other countries living in that country with the people of that country, and everyone going about his or her own businesses without molestation or harassment. Now I asked myself by the wisdom of God, why are the people of all other nations of the world not coming to and living in my own country Nigeria, why are people from all the nations of the world not coming to and living among us as people of all other countries are living in this country?
First because we are wicked, unfaithful and not trustworthy. Because we are wicked and evil. Others can not trust us and depend on us. Secondly we by our wickedness also destroyed our society so that it is almost inhabitable by greediness and selfishness, and even make it very difficult for we ourselves to live in, so that our heads are paining us.
Finally let all of us who are wicked and evil in Nigeria and in Africa as a whole turn from our wicked ways that God also may forgive and heal our land and bless us. Thank you
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by bigiyaro(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Taryur3:
Lols...this hungry people can kidnap anything inside cloth now.na so dem kidnap one masquerade for anambra state 5days ago.
Some hediots also kidnapped an albino thinking d poor guy was an expatriate working for an oil coy.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by ooshinibos: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
fake news ---Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull the Australian ambassador was on the scene and working with local authorities.

the Australian prime minister did not come to calabar
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
corisande:
i never knew calabar is in south east oh

Hian! Okwa ka ha si na owu ndi igbo?

My thoughts exactly. Children of (SW)? hate everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ritual killers, kidnappers and child -rapists should all be killed by strangling joor!
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by JimiOgunlola: 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
SnowJay92:

I sincerely pray they're found safe and sound, calabar is however not in the country's South East, do make the correction.

You go school at all, Calabar is geographically in the South Easternmost part of the country where it share a border with Cameroun but POLITICALLY referred to as 'South-South' (a invented nigerian cardinal point absent in conventional geography dictionary). When white men are writing their stories they look at the map and call south eastern cities their rightful names, they are not interested in whatever politics you are playing down there.

1 Like

Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by saintkeppy(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
adimsmt:

Look I understand what you are saying and i'm not in anyway trying to dispute what you just said, my problem was when it is crime that is when they will call them southeast but when its something good they remember that they are now south south.
. Should i say the reporter made a mistake? Or probably he/she could not really differenciate the two regions by being precise where Calabar is located. Every region in this country has a fair of crimes. E.g Niger-Delta militants operates mainly in the south-south region. I dont need to tell about crimes perpetrated in other regions which you already know.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by kirikwu: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
Qrisful:
He was just let go, where do you know to escape to, Buhari has destroyed this country, and worst is still coming, Nigerians prepare
The worst is over in this nation and we have nothing to prepare for in JESUS most glorious name .Amen...the people praying FOR Nigeria are more than those praying against. Your statement is rendered void.Amen
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by OiseLovesAll(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
Qrisful:
Wailers will always hate,Should we blame buhari for your dumb comments too?
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by tupasky: 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
Wao !! Kidnappers in d mAkin.. it wil ne'er happen To we good people* cool
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Taryur3(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
bigiyaro:
Some hediots also kidnapped an albino thinking d poor guy was an expatriate working for an oil coy.
Lols bad market
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Israellb(m): 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
richidinho:
grin Bad mkt 4 kidnappers
grin Them be like which kind ppl we carry so abi

Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Deen77: 11:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Qrisful:

Na today, kidnapping is on before Buhari.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

You go school at all, Calabar is geographically in the South Easternmost part of the country where it share a border with Cameroun but POLITICALLY referred to as 'South-South' (a invented nigerian cardinal point absent in conventional geography dictionary). When white men are writing their stories they look at the map and call south eastern cities their rightful names, they are not interested in whatever politics you are playing down there.

I did go to school, but given that my countrymen have a tendency to polarize everything along ethnic and political lines, I wouldn't be so out of line to have assumed that the author had intentionally decided to remember the correct geographic notation because this particular occurrence is a malignant one. I could only have been wrong if the reporter is a foreigner who's oblivious of the polity.

Cc:
Cyerseries, omenyili
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Abagworo(m): 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
corisande:

Calabar and Akwa Ibom are the real Southeast and once bore the name "Southeastern State". Igboland from Anioma to Afikpo is precisely South Central.

1 Like

Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 24, 2016
This is unbelievable.

Something tells me that the West has staged this kidnapping for their own political reasons.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by Boyoski09: 12:21am On Jun 24, 2016
Australian ti gbera ooo
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by ubcandid(m): 5:44am On Jun 24, 2016
corisande:

cross river and akwa-ibom are rightly south east. the eastern part of Nigeria rightly includes Adamawa/Benue state.
Re: Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar by precious224: 7:02am On Jun 24, 2016
Lol,can't stop laffin,wetin australian man dey find for inside calabar,he for ask before he go!!Lmao..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) / DELSU Student Commits Suicide After Her Fiance Dumped Her After 7 Years / Wife Of A Police Officer Abuses A Girl In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.