Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station (2837 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by LocalChamp: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
June 23, 2016
Simon Utebor, Yenagoa

There was bloodbath in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital, on Thursday, following an armed invasion of Rhythm FM radio station owned by Senator Ben Murray-Bruce by some members of Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide.

The angry youths, who stormed the studio in buses and other vehicles, were after two executive members of the IYC and guests of a live radio programme, Talk of the Town, anchored by Lishman Onisodemuya.

The youths, who invaded the station in their large numbers, caused panic as they released volley of gunshots into the air, forcing employees in both the radio and television studios of the Silverbird Group to scamper for safety.

The irate youths, who brandished other dangerous weapons, broke into the radio studio, interrupted the programme and dragged out the National Mobilisation Officer of IYC, Mr. Wisdom Ikuli, and a self-acclaimed spokesman for the council, Mike Edounkimor, who were guests of the programme.

It was learnt that the youths allegedly beat Ikuli and Edounkimor to stupour with bruises all over their faces.

The youths had allegedly attempted to bundle them (Ikuli and Edounkimor) into one of the vehicles but for the intervention of riot policemen who came in at the right time.

It was also learnt that before the arrival of the police, the mob had capitalised on the situation to rob employees of the studios of their money, mobile phones and other valuables.

The radio studio was temporarily shut down after listeners heard people screaming and running for cover.

But the policemen, who arrived the area, were said to have arrested and handcuffed the duo and taken them to the Ekeki Police Station in Yenagoa.

IYC was recently thrown into crisis following the claims of six out of the 10-member executive council that the IYC President, Mr. Udengs Eradiri, and the council’s spokesman, Mr. Eric Omare, had been suspended.

The document purportedly suspending Eradiri and Omare was signed by the National Secretary-General, Bristol-Alagbariye Emmanuel; Director of Mobilisation, Wisdom Ikuli; Legal Adviser, Ekine Egberekro; Assistant Secretary, Deinkoro George; National Women Leader, Felicia Ngeri and Financial Sercretary, Kemepado Alfred.

The aggrieved executive members accused Eradiri and Omare of highhandedness and financial misappropriation. They went further to claim that they had replaced Eradiri and Omare with Mr. Elvis Donkemezuo and Edounkimor respectively.

But the Speaker of IYC Mobile Parliament, Mr. Mkpon Ijonama said the persons bandying the suspension document failed to follow the procedures contained in Article 10 of the IYC constitution.

But trouble was said to have started on Thursday when Ikuli appeared on the programme to respond to issues raised by Eradiri, who on Wednesday, was a guest of the same programme.

Ikuli was said to have invited violence when he announced on radio that Eradiri and Omare had been removed and warned them to stop parading themselves as the President and spokesman for the IYC.

He also reeled out financial figures he claimed Eradiri collected on behalf of the council and diverted to his personal pocket.

Youths loyal to Eradiri, who heard the announcement and felt that their leader had been maligned, reportedly mobilised to the station to perpetrate the violence.

Though some persons claimed that Eradiri was also arrested at the scene of the violence by the police, others said he was absent, adding that he (Eradiri) was later invited to the office of the Commissioner of Police as a complainant.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, confirmed the incident, saying that the command was handling the matter.
http://punchng.com/bloodbath-ijaw-youths-invade-murray-bruces-radio-station/

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Ofemmanu1: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Buhari o!

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by wilybebsy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
It seems senator BMB forgot to make common sense to his people cheesycheesy

6 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by thomasthomas: 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
I have always said it that Niger Delta will be a war zone worst than South Sudan if they secede from Nigeria. Imagine common Ijaw Youth Council cannot conduct an election or selection to have their leaders.

Is this the calibre of people that will dialogue with the President on issues concerning the Niger Delta? grin grin cheesy it's a pity!

Is this the same people that will conduct an election in a country they wish to have? The Niger Delta people have not been progressive people that's why even with the oil in the region because of the greed and selfishness of the people, they cannot even benefit from the resources because of the winner takes all mentality.

Since blame is a lazy man's game they choose to blame the FG for their woes and don't be surprised that people will still blame President Buhari for this. Bayelsa State governor had one time said that 'Bayelsa people are very lazy, and I'll like to extend it to the whole Niger Delta, politics is like an industry in the region because one doesn't need to do much to gain billions hence the fight!

I pity those supporting the Niger Delta Avengers, you think they are fighting for you but you'll be shocked when the chickens finally come to roast, that's the same mentality then in South Sudan but today they realise that Sudan wasn't the enemy. It's too late. Be wise!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by crazymommy(f): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Buhari o!
What has buhari got to do with this??is buhari the armed ijaw youths??

8 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by otokx(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sometimes when it rains it pours, BMB needs to look inwards.

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by crazymommy(f): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
wilybebsy:
He has forgotten that most of his people don't have time for twitter...grin

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by richidinho(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
grin grin grin
My place of birth
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by SlayerSupreme: 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
A predominantly Ijaw state...Can anything good come out of....
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Ofemmanu1: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
crazymommy:
What has buhari got to do with this??is buhari the armed ijaw youths??
"buhari o" is just an exclamation!!
As in; Omg!
Allahu!
Holly molly!
Wtf!

Hope you'd learn tho.
Being a zombie is hell.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by crazymommy(f): 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

"buhari o" is just an exclamation!!
As in; Omg!
Allahu!
Holly molly!
Wtf!

Hope you'd learn tho.
Being a zombie is hell.
grin see explanation,..so u fit fear me like this??...anyways what u just said now is gibberish and does not make sense at all...grow up..even the kid below is telling you to grow up...

3 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Blizzy9ja: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
wilybebsy:
You and the OP are lack common sense... Must you guys drag BMB to everything?

The name of the station is Rhythm FM, so if u put it like that people wont read it abi?

Dis OP dull pass buhari and aregbesola
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
thomasthomas:
I have always said it that Niger Delta will be a war zone worst than South Sudan if they secede from Nigeria. Imagine common Ijaw Youth Council cannot conduct an election or selection to have their leaders.

Is this the calibre of people that will dialogue with the President on issues concerning the Niger Delta? grin grin cheesy it's a pity!

Is this the same people that will conduct an election in a country they wish to have? The Niger Delta people have not been progressive people that's why even with the oil in the region because of the greed and selfishness of the people, they cannot even benefit from the resources because of the winner takes all mentality.

Since blame is a lazy man's game they choose to blame the FG for their woes and don't be surprised that people will still blame President Buhari for this. Bayelsa State governor had one time said that 'Bayelsa people are very lazy, and I'll like to extend it to the whole Niger Delta, politics is like an industry in the region because one doesn't need to do much to gain billions hence the fight!

I pity those supporting the Niger Delta Avengers, you think they are fighting for you but you'll be shocked when the chickens finally come to roast, that's the same mentality then in South Sudan but today they realise that Sudan wasn't the enemy. It's too late. Be wise!

Spot on.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ijaw politicians breed violence against Nigeria they end up breeding violence against themselves. Shikenan

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
[img]http://www.thecoli.com/media/bischoff-wow.2871/full[/img]

So no more pipelines eh

And Lord knows I can't wait for a Beastafra that will include Ijaws cool That's Paradise!

3 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by PentiumPro(f): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
These are the ijaw rogues that biafranns are banking on to help them achieve Biafraaa grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Ofemmanu1: 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
crazymommy:
grin see explanation,..so u fit fear me like this??...anyways what u just said now is gibberish and does not make sense at all...grow up..even the kid below is telling you to grow up...
ahahahaha, me fear a self-obsessed inconsequential-zombie like you?!
FIRE!
You ready for this?
You may wanna see my dp before you got served.
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by wilybebsy(m): 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
crazymommy:
He has forgotten that most of his people don't have time for twitter...grin
I tel you
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by crazymommy(f): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

ahahahaha, me fear a self-obsessed inconsequential-zombie like you?!
FIRE!
You ready for this?
You may wanna see my dp before you got served.
grin go and play ball with your mate..

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by wilybebsy(m): 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
You and the OP are lack common sense... Must you guys drag BMB to everything?

The name of the station is Rhythm FM, so if u put it like that people wont read it abi?

Dis OP dull pass buhari and aregbesola
That's the same way you niggaz enjoy dragging Buhari into every topic on NL. Jakazz:/

4 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Ofemmanu1: 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
crazymommy:
I could eat a boul of alphabet soup and sh.it out a smarter than this statement.
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Ofemmanu1: 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
crazymommy:

I could eat a boul of alphabet soup and sh.it out a smarter than this statement.
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Musiwa419: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
[img]http://www.thecoli.com/media/bischoff-wow.2871/full[/img]

So no more pipelines eh

And Lord knows I can't wait for a Beastafra that will include Ijaws cool That's Paradise!

I wanted to open a thread about the connection Of Senator Ben bruce and the upsurge of Ijaw Militant activties in the creeks and waterways of the southwest, particularly in the riverine areas of Ikorodu(Lagos) and Arepo(Ogun). The threat is real, alarming and frightening, but sadly, local media has underepeorted it. The Ijaw Criminals are killing, pillaging and raping our people at will.

Cc: pentiumpro modath ffkfuckedbianca oduastates arresa bloodyblogger hundredhundred raumdeuter StOla StinningCEO 9jacrip mayoroflagos oyb jarus

2 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by crazymommy(f): 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

2 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by BlackSeptember: 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
crazymommy:

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Musiwa419:
I wanted to open a thread about the connection Of Senator Ben bruce and the upsurge of Ijaw Militant activties in the creeks and waterways of the southwest, particularly in the riverine areas of Ikorodu(Lagos) and Arepo(Ogun). The threat is real !!!

Yeah I read the news some days back. I don't know whether it's planned but If you have enough info about it, you can
open a thread and tag me
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Ofemmanu1: 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=crazymommy post=46864130][/quote] So, you've change your mind? Does the new one work better?
Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by PentiumPro(f): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Musiwa419:
I wanted to open a thread about the connection Of Senator Ben bruce and the upsurge of Ijaw Militant activties in the creeks and waterways of the southwest, particularly in the riverine areas of Ikorodu(Lagos) and Arepo(Ogun). The threat is real !!!

Cc: pentiumpro modath ffkfuckedbianca oduastates arresa bloodyblogger hundredhundred

These guys are really lethally armed from the proceeds of oil bunkering, kidnapping for ransom, various crimes in the creeks & waterways and amnesty slush funds. In a country enclosing them with Ibos, they will really deal and shittt on the Ibos. grin

2 Likes

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by crazymommy(f): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=BlackSeptember post=46864168][/quote]

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Musiwa419: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Yeah I read the news some days back. I don't know whether it's planned but If you have enough info about it, you can
open a thread and tag me

Sadly, local media has undereported it, but the onslaught of these Ijaw Militants against our people is real, frightening and alarming. Once I get sufficient first hand and on the spot details, I'll certainly create a thread and tag you

1 Like

Re: Armed Ijaw Youths Invade Ben Bruce’s Radio Station by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Jonathan should talk to his boys

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Zenith Bank's New Logo (pic) / Anambra Election: This How We Are Doing It ( Photos) / Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.