Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,927 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? (65570 Views)

Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ / Zimbabwean Man Forces Wife To Sleep With Stranger For $3000 / Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by kelvinatkins(m): 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
it is called Legal Rape
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by H2oo(m): 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
[s]
emmaak2:
lol i bought her with my money she have 2 b humble
[/s]

This is not a joke Mr man. A woman is not a commodity to be bought neither is she an object of sexual satisfaction. kapish?!

3 Likes

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by votemysticgal16(f): 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Ay04z(m): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
not married yet..so i don't know..
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by dammytosh: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sermwell:

Please stop answering questions you don't know anything about! There is no rape between married couple!

ok sir.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Seunnzy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
gift2020:

#dumbest response on NL dis year undecided
I concur
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by M4gunners: 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
refiner:

Gunners for ever grin
One love Sisi. Unfortunately, Jamie Vardy reject a good offer from us.I can't believe it.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by refiner(f): 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
M4gunners:
One love Sisi. Unfortunately, Jamie Vardy reject a good offer from us.I can't believe it.

Seriously??

He didnt sign?... What reason did he give? angry
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by XketchDesigns(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gracito:
It is
it is not.. he already paid for it why should she deny him?
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by XketchDesigns(m): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
gift2020:

#dumbest response on NL dis year undecided
its not dumb, thats the actual fact. we dont just like to admit it, but thats just the basis of it.
also, she has not right to deny him. except for situations where she is sick.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by NwaNimo1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
BeastAmbition:
When a man force his wife for sex is it a rape?

If she cums its not rape.....
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
NwaNimo1:

If she cums its not rape.....
It's very confusing, i don't know which is right
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes it's Rape as its without her consent. because there was not an agreement between both of them so we call it rape by force
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by TheWiX(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
bussycasty:
yes it is a rape
What if the woman forced her husband to have s3x what will you call that
Let me guess undecided RAPE
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by shaybebaby(f): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
votemysticgal16:
I don't think it is rape

The bible has already advised couples that their bodies belong to each other.. by not denying either their body..

As long as they are legally married, such case is null and void
I really hope no one votes for you after this display of stupidity. Your lack of humanity and robot-like thinking does NOT need further validation. I am addressing you and not the men on here because you are an example of someone who will probably raise sons in future. Is this what you will teach them, to violate your own sex?

4 Likes

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
What about when a woman forces the man? What is it called
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by wayodude(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Depends on where it happens:

e.g.
1. Naija Man + Oyinbo wife in Naija = rape, nothing dey appen
2. Naija man + Naija wife in Naija = u dey crase?! sharrap there ma fren
3. Naija man + Oyinbo wife in UK/US = RAPE! when (NOT IF) you reach, remember not to drop the soap grin
4. Naija man + Dudu wife in UK/US = rape, problem dey o. grin grin

Infact some certain lawmakers wen go Cleveland, Ohio fit provide advice for this kain thing... cheesy

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by shaybebaby(f): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
TheWiX:

What if the woman forced her husband to have s3x what will you call that
Let me guess undecided RAPE
Yup, it is. Once consent is absent, it matters not the nature of the relationship or the gender of the victim.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Peritus(m): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Our laws doesnt have anything like rape between married couples. It is called an assault. Legally, there is no such thing like rape btn married couples, same way a man/boy cannot be raped, even when forcefully penetrated anally. This is unfortunate the position of the law.
*A man is not capable of being raped.
*A woman cannot rape.
*Husband cannot rape his wife.
All the above can come under indecent assault.
This is the difference btwn what is, and what ought to be.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by cashman18(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
No be rape untill she report your matta for the appropriate security.

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Cybertext(m): 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
nope. Not when she is sick, tired and not in the mood...

Sick... I can agree
Tired... Maybe
Not in the mood...?? (Some husband no wan here that one o)

Submissive and Not in the mood do not correlate in my opinion....
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by jayjay1512(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Rape ko ,rep ni.But if thesame man goes out to another woman ,he will be accused of infidelity or brings home STD that will be better right.You better leave all this oyinbo mentality and face reality. There is nothing like rape in a legally marriage. And ,besides at times,the forced sex ends up enjoyable, it's about how well you two trust,love and understands each other.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Peritus(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
shaybebaby:

Yup, it is. Once consent is absent, it matters not the nature of the relationship or the gender of the victim.
I beg to say that you are very wrong.
Generally, a man is not capable of raping the wife under the law, absence of consent notwithstanding.
Again, a boy/man is not capable of being raped under the law.
A woman is not capable of committing rape under the law. A child of under 7 yrs is not capable of committing rape under the law. All these are indecent assault.
Until our penal code and criminal code is repealed, the above, unfortunately, remains the law.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by paschu: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Personally, any attempt by my wife to resist my sexual advances would turn OFF every atom of sexual urge in me at once. I refuse to accept the norm of begging or manipulating one's way into sex.

But come to think of it...

Since sex is STRICTLY for marriage, why then should a man be accused of rape when he INSISTS on having sex with his own wife? Does that not sound hypocritical to you?

I think a (Christian) woman has no business getting married in the first place if she ever brings herself to the point where her own husband will have to force her to have sex wirh him. That's absurd.

You cannot be a wife and still refuse to have sex with your husband when he wants it.

You also cannot be a husband and still refuse to have sex with your wife when she wants it.

Both are purely unscriptural.

opalu:
MEN, HEAR THIS:

Let me no forget to say that i only talked to MATURE Men... those who are married. The only way to prove you are a mature man is by marrying. Too many ladies are single and time is not on their sides. If your own reason is 'I am not yet ready for marriage' Then STOP having sex! Because it is strictly for those guys who are married!

Little experience from my 8 years of peaceful marriage undecided

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Peritus(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
kelvinatkins:
it is called Legal Rape
Under our laws, a man is incapable of raping the wife. In such circumstance, it is called indecent assault.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Akinkunmi0777(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
shaybebaby:

I really hope no one votes for you after this display of stupidity. Your lack of humanity and robot-like thinking does NOT need further validation. I am addressing you and not the men on here because you are an example of someone who will probably raise sons in future. Is this what you will teach them, to violate your own sex?
bro, pls what she said is correct, pls vote for her on saturday by writing i vote mysticgal cc: Nljega.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Respect55(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
For those of you calling it rape, u have no knowledge of legal terms.

Let me tell you, for so long a wife is still bound by her marital vows, she can't successfully press a charge of rape against dat man to which she is married to.

In the other way round, the husband can even press a charge against her for shying away from her matrimonial duties.

If a woman feels the husband is forcing her into sex, her first step should be to file for divorce. It is after then Dat she can press a charge of rape against him wen he molest her after the dissolution of the marriage.

In sum, a man CANNOT RAPE HIS WIFE.
if she likes, let her gather multitude of SAN just like Bubu to defend his certificateless being even when we all know he has none, she won't make headway with such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Bollinger(m): 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
iamauxin:
No,

Rape as codified in our laws is an unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman by a man (other than her husband)......without her consent or with her consent when such consent is obtained by threats......

The emphasis here is on those words in bracket. At worst, a husband can b charged for sexual assault on his wife and not rape.

Our laws need serious revision.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by jstriker442(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
Elijahrona2:

No.
check d dictionary, or google it. Then tell me what u missing out
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by joedavid0303(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
No-comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / Should I Divorce My Wife? / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.