Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? (65568 Views)

Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ / Zimbabwean Man Forces Wife To Sleep With Stranger For $3000 / Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Empress2014:
this your comment shows you are not feeling fine o, I typed "see question", who doesn't know anything taken by force isn't good. You are here assuming rubbish that am a guy when you seems not to even understand my comment.

Kkk
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by wisemania(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
kingDarius:
Consent that has been paid for?
Abeg talk another thing....
Ashewo consent na money na.
Oh my...
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by XketchDesigns(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
gift2020:

Your grammar needs deliverance first grin

it happens when you learning another language with a completely different grammar construction from english.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by stagger: 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
opalu:
[b]MEN, HEAR THIS:
If you can convince your wife to drop her father's name and marry you, then you have ALL it takes to convince that same woman to make love with you when you need it. If you approach the door of your bedroom and command it to open instead of using the right key to open it, you will be dissappointed, because it would not open. If you stand there praying all manner of prayers, it will still not open. If you use force it won't open if it is security door (some women are like that these days). With force, many doors will open but disfigured.
From this analogy, forcing your wife to have sex leaves you with a disfigured marriage. Begging your wife for sex is equally an abnormality. You don't beg for what belongs to you neither do you break what belongs to you that you would still need tomorrow (or this evening cool )
The way a man 'rises' and 'falls' in sex is sudden just like someone using Elevator (Lift). A woman on the other side uses the staircase to rise and come down. So except 2 agree together they cannot tangle. So you as a man need to leave your elevator-mindset and follow her climbing the staircase step by step. And it starts from when you wake in the morning. As a matter of fact, If your wife does not release in sex, then YOUR wife is in bondage till now. Release her!!
To many women, sex is one hell just because of the way you have continually done it. We are in the age of smartness and the earlier you help your wife to become a smart-wife sexually the better. It is an evil under the sun to leave your own wife as an analogue wife (sex-wise) and then have a spaggetti girl somewhere who gives you sex in Kit-kat, Jelly bean and all latest styles. [/b]

Let me no forget to say that i only talked to MATURE Men... those who are married. The only way to prove you are a mature man is by marrying. Too many ladies are single and time is not on their sides. If your own reason is 'I am not yet ready for marriage' Then STOP having sex! Because it is strictly for those guys who are married!

Little experience from my 8 years of peaceful marriage undecided

The only sensible post here. People don't know that there is a way you will handle your wife and she will be the one bringing the sex right to your doorstep. Na u go dey beg say abeg, e don do.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by iamauxin(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
geez18:
people have been responding out of passion,here. the question has to be understood before giving reply. your answer is the legally correct of the lot. that said,where is the fun in forcing one's wife...?
There isn't any fun in forcing one's wife for sure.... but if you put restrictions to marital sex then you will have to modify the conjugal rights in marriage to exclude sexual relationship or qualify it by insisting that the consent of the other party must be sought and obtained .

But it's good for all men to know when the time is right for sex. Or know the easiest way of turning the wife on.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by paschu: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
SEX is SEX. Call it whatever you like. It does not change what it is.

1 Corinthians 7 (ISV)

Concerning Marriage

1  Now about what you asked: “Is it advisable for a man not to marry?” (Compare)

2  Because sexual immorality is so rampant, every man should have his own wife, and every woman should have her own husband.

3  A husband should fulfill his obligation to his wife, and a wife should do the same for her husband.

4  A wife does not have authority over her own body, but her husband does. In the same way, a husband doesn’t have authority over his own body, but his wife does.

5  Do not withhold yourselves from each other unless you agree to do so just for a set time, in order to devote yourselves to prayer. Then you should come together again so that Satan does not tempt you through your lack of self-control.

6  But I say this as a concession, not as a command.

7  I would like everyone to be unmarried, like I am. However, each person has a special gift from God, one this and another that.

8  I say to those who are unmarried, especially to widows: It is good for them to remain like me.

9  However, if they cannot control themselves, they should get married, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10  To married people I give this command (not really I, but the Lord): A wife must not leave her husband.

11  But if she does leave him, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. Likewise, a husband must not abandon his wife.

12  I (not the Lord) say to the rest of you: If a brother has a wife who is an unbeliever and she is willing to live with him, he must not abandon her.

13  And if a woman has a husband who is an unbeliever and he is willing to live with her, she must not abandon him.

14  For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified because of her husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

15  But if the unbelieving partner leaves, let him go. In such cases the brother or sister is not under obligation. God has called you to live in peace.

16  Wife, you might be able to save your husband. Husband, you might be able to save your wife.

Live according to God’s Call

17  Nevertheless, everyone should live the life that the Lord gave him and to which God called him. This is my rule in all the churches.

18  Was anyone circumcised when he was called? He should not try to change that. Was anyone uncircumcised when he was called? He should not get circumcised.

19  Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but obeying God’s commandments is everything.

20  Everyone should stay in the same condition in which he was called.

21  Were you a slave when you were called? Do not let that bother you. Of course, if you have a chance to become free, take advantage of the opportunity.

22  For the slave who has been called to belong to the Lord is the Lord’s free person. In the same way, the free person who has been called is the Messiah’s slave.

23  You were bought for a price. Stop becoming slaves of people.

24  Brothers, everyone should stay in the same condition in which he was called by God.

Concerning Virgins

25  Now concerning virgins, although I do not have any command from the Lord, I will give you my opinion as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy.

26  In view of the present crisis, I think it is prudent for a man to stay as he is.

27  Have you become committed to a wife? Stop trying to get released from your commitment. Have you been freed from your commitment to a wife? Stop looking for one.

28  But if you do get married, you have not sinned. And if a virgin gets married, she has not sinned. However, these people will experience trouble in this life, and I want to spare you from that.

29  This is what I mean, brothers: The time is short. From now on, those who have wives should live as though they had none,

30  and those who mourn as though they did not mourn, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they did not own a thing,

31  and those who use the things in the world as though they were not dependent on them. For the world in its present form is passing away.

32  I want you to be free from concerns. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, that is, about how he can please the Lord.

33  But a married man is concerned about things of this world, that is, about how he can please his wife,

34  and so his attention is divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the affairs of the Lord, so that she may be holy in body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world, that is, about how she can please her husband.

35  I’m saying this for your benefit, not to put a noose around your necks, but to promote good order and unhindered devotion to the Lord.

36  If a man thinks he is not behaving properly toward his virgin, and if his passion is so strong that he feels he ought to marry her, let him do what he wants; he isn’t sinning. Let them get married.

37  However, if a man stands firm in his resolve, feels no necessity, and has made up his mind to keep her a virgin, he will be acting appropriately.

38  So then the man who marries the virgin acts appropriately, but the man who refrains from marriage does even better.

39  A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, only in the Lord.

40  However, in my opinion she will be happier if she stays as she is. And in saying this, I think that I, too, have God’s Spirit.

UuzbaGuuzba:

The issue here is that SEX is a physical action. Every animal does it and Animal man does it too. That's why animals form no bond after the sex. And animal man also forms no bond after the sex. The roam about from from one mate to another, Lizards, chickens and all unmarried runs men and women.

But marriage is a spiritual union that draws you both closer to God.
So in marriage what happens is called Love making.

It physically looks like sex. But it is a moment of strengthening the love between both spouses.

A man FORCING .... That you even forced, makes the possibility of love nonexistent. After your deed, the woman will hate you more.
If a woman can also force a man to have sex by forcefully stimulating him, the man will hate the woman because she will just be behaving EXACTLY like a prostitute, Kpom, Runs girl. ( The guy will think , " So I married an ashawo. If I travel, what will she do behind me?) No matter how he yeilds, he will hate her more.

Make Love NOT sex. If either of you force yourself on the other one, think what you will do, when the other one travels. You will quite easily commit any type of adultery, masturbation and scandal due to your lack of control.

People that do this, - No heaven for you.

Control your self. Marriage isn't easy. That's another reason why we respect our parents.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by wisemania(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Obason22:
If u called it rape then park and go bk to ur father's hasu.
May that not be your portion...
After a week or two, your soap and vaseline will finish.Then, you will slab to your in-law's house to beg for forgiveness...You never see anything...next!
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by wisemania(m): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
BeastAmbition:
When a man force his wife for sex is it a rape?

it all depends on her reasons though.
Nonetheless, if she denies you the pleasure(probably because you suck), it's your duty to trigger the sensation in her.Start with pre-intimacy(licking the ears, throat, eyes, cleavage, tits,navel, down to her box).After which she shall be in the [b]mood.[/b]Life is simple man.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by emmaak2(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
gift2020:

[s]#dumbest response on NL dis year undecided
[/s]

I THINK YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by dachisom(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hmmm...na only man dey rape...whatof wifes raping husbands
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by geez18(m): 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
iamauxin:

There isn't any fun in forcing one's wife for sure.... but if you put restrictions to marital sex then you will have to modify the conjugal rights in marriage to exclude sexual relationship or qualify it by insisting that the consent of the other party must be sought and obtained .

But it's good for all men to know when the time is right for sex. Or know the easiest way of turning the wife on.

methinks conjugal consent is sought after,though tacitly. anything beyond that would be absurd,to say the least. don't you think?
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Married persons are chattels to themselves, can one be accused of stealing his own chattel?
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by efechris(m): 5:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
All this ones na grammer you dey speak abeg, in the African tradition there is nothing like rape between a legally married couple

Strahovski1:
Yes it is.

Rape is rape. Married or Single. Rape is forceful sexual relation without the consent of the victim
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
I don't think it's rape, some men, might just want to have the fun of making their wife play hard. While they give it to her as thou it's rape, so I don't think it's rape.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by osenidvdg(m): 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
YES IT iS called MARITAL RAPE
Any sexual act done with any body without his/her concent that hurt the victim's felling is a rape. it can be between husband and wife(marital rape) btw pple of the same family(incest rape) adult and infant(child rape) etc
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Bespiel: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
No, It is lape grin
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by amtaken(f): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
From the Legal point of view it is not rape.

In Nigeria, for an offence of rape to be said to have taken place, there must have been an unlawful carnal knowledge.

Unlawful carnal knowledge is defined in

Criminal Code Act Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990 as sex between people other than husband and wife.

Since sex between husband and wife cannot be described as unlawful carnal knowledge, RAPE cannot occur between a husband and wife in Nigeria.

Note that the situation is different in the United States where forced sex between a husband and wife can be referred to as rape and a woman can sue her husband for such.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by M4gunners: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
refiner:

Foolish vardy..

They will get relegated next season...

Mtcheeww...

Expecting your vote dear.... Saturday, 10am to 6pm

Thanks...
Noted
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Strahovski1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sermwell:

Look at the way you are saying it as if you know what you are saying! Please ask questions and stop disgracing yourself in public!

Please tell me what rape is. Rapist
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Strahovski1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
efechris:
All this ones na grammer you dey speak abeg, in the African tradition there is nothing like rape between a legally married couple

That's why Africans are daft
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by iamauxin(m): 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
geez18:

methinks conjugal consent is sought after,though tacitly. anything beyond that would be absurd,to say the least. don't you think?
nay,
It's an automatic right once married....and it's recognised in the different types of marriage whether by Act or by Customs. Conjugal consent is innate in a marriage consent. To hold otherwise will amount to a subversion of the tenets of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by iamauxin(m): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
amtaken:
From the Legal point of view it is not rape.

In Nigeria, for an offence of rape to be said to have taken place, there must have been an unlawful carnal knowledge.

Unlawful carnal knowledge is defined in [/b]Section 7 of the Criminal Code of the Federation[b] as sex between people other than husband and wife.

Since sex between husband and wife cannot be described as unlawful carnal knowledge, RAPE cannot occur between a husband and wife in Nigeria.

Note that the situation is different in the United State when forced sex between a husband and wife can be referred to as rape and a woman can sue her husband for such.

Thank you.
section 7? Don't quote a wrong section dearie....and there's nothing like "Criminal Code of the Federation"
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by 1kinggy(m): 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Yes, it is.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by NwaliE01: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
When a woman takes her husband's money, it's called stealing and when the husband forcefully make love to his wife, it is called raping.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by laikas: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
ironheart:
Forced entry is rape. she will only attribute your touch and presence to the force entry next time. Why force her? When you can actually play with her till she begs u to do it
hmmmmmmmmm. u get skils o.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Thobiy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
ironheart:
Forced entry is rape. she will only attribute your touch and presence to the force entry next time. Why force her? When you can actually play with her till she begs u to do it
Naso
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by ironheart(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
laikas:

hmmmmmmmmm. u get skils o.
its not about skills its being patient

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by geez18(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
iamauxin:
nay,
It's an automatic right once married....and it's recognised in the different types of marriage whether by Act or by Customs. Conjugal consent is innate in a marriage consent. To hold otherwise will amount to a subversion of the tenets of marriage.
i think we're saying the same thing here. but my point is this: in as much as marriage confers on a couple an unreserved access to each others body as a right on conjugal matters,it is surely civilized (for a man) to request such conjugal duties,of his spouse,through a humane approach.hence my use of the phrase, "tacit conjugal consent"
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Strictly -legally- speaking, as far as Southern Nigeria is concerned, you can't call it rape. The best description for such here is 'assault'.

In the North however, where a wife below 16 is forced, it is rape.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Phemzeal(f): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Its not rape, let's pls find another name for such act. why would a wife refuse to submit when that's her primary call (quote me: submit )?
Men are called to love thy wife, while for women is submission.
Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by BoboFashion(m): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Very dicey question, na after my marriage next year I will give u authentic answer.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
dillycool:
Yes, it is
girls na dis 1 dey sweet una die! See as she shout yes, it is. If na man una no go comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / Should I Divorce My Wife? / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.