Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. (827 Views)

Pls List Any Nigeria University Part Time Study Center In Lagos / Free University Education In Finland / The Quality Of Nigeria's University Education (Let's Rank Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. by educa(m): 2:01am On Sep 03, 2009
       I leave this question open for you,but i think it's what everybody who has witness the declining standard of education in Nigeria for over a decade should answer.who is it?The leaders or Lecturers .If i'm ask to write on this issue,i think i will end up writing a  book on this,but i will like to be brief.

I think money is the basis of all this problem,the lectures claim they want  a better funding  for universities and also better pay and the rest,they claim they are doing it to save Nigerians future,that's the reason why they are on strike,in my own observation,the lecturer are right but not sincere,i don't think all lecturers deserve a better pay,the reflection of the substandard graduate we have in these country is has a result of high population substandard  and corrupt lecturers we have in our universities.this people form a group called ASSU just to strike there way out,all have heard about them is strike,they alter the progress of Nigeria youth whenever they wish nothing more.but there is one thing i observe in this people"ASSU" they are all NIGERIANS,who always claim they love there country.

The present government is unfortunate,all this problems are inherited from the past government,one government will always go and another will come in,with different ideas and people,they collect fat salaries,some even forged result from these so called universities,but one thing is common to them all,they are all NIGERIANS,who always claim they love there country.

Can we ask these two group of people(lecturers and leaders) to explain the importance of there salaries without progress in education.(see below the important of education rate them)

let me share this words with the  so called leaders and lecturers
      [b] "Deliver more than you are getting paid to do. The victory of success will be half won when you learn the secret of putting out more than is expected in all that you do. Make yourself so valuable in your work that eventually you will become indispensable. Exercise your privilege to go the extra mile, and enjoy all the rewards you receive." - Og Mandino[/b]

Student/youth,like every other part of the world,not all student are academically serious but most youth are discouraged,they turned they society into war ground.i don't blame them,the idle hand is the devil's  workshop.one thing is common to them all,they are called the future and they needed to be loved.

Youth is that phase of life where dreams are built, hope is kindled,and a bright future is foreseen. Youth is a beautiful phase of life where a child turns into an energetic, confident individual. It is the growing phase of life, the stage to achieve a complete physical and mental growth. Those are the years to understand yourself, discover your potentials, grab opportunities and pursue success. Those are the years to foster moral principles, construct your value system and begin an all-new journey on the path of the 'right'.

Importance of Education to Youths
Education serves as the means to bring about the desired change in society, to develop a generation of virtuous individuals and thus contribute to the development of good human beings. The fundamental purpose of education is to gain knowledge, inculcate the forms of proper conduct and acquire technical competency. Education serves as the means to develop oneself physically, mentally and socially. The importance of education to youths manifests itself in terms of the need to cultivate the youths of society into mature individuals. Education is important for the youths, as youth is their growing stage. It is the time to develop the principles of life, make career decisions and begin the pursuit of one's goals.

Education to the youths should open doors for new opportunities in various fields. It should help the youths find avenues to pursue their likes. It should enable them venture into new fields and explore new areas. Education must help the youths realize their goals.

It is important that the education to youths aims at developing a social awareness in these adults-to-be. It is important that the training given to them consists of environmental education. Values like saving animals, curbing deforestation, controlling pollution should be inculcated in the youths of today. The education to youths should bring before them the present-day problems faced by the society. The youths might come up with innovative solutions to the problems of today. Education should aim at resolving to foster the good practices into the youth in such a way as a conscious choice rejecting the bad ones. Education to youths should bring forth the critical social issues and encourage the youngsters to resolve them. Education should motivate the youths to come forward to work for society. It should instill in them a feeling that they belong to the society and that it is their responsibility to drive it on the righteous path.

The fundamental purpose of education is to create good human beings. Education is vital to the healthy growth and development of one’s personality. In making the ‘beings’ ‘human’ to produce ‘human beings’, lies the importance of education to youths.
    in conclusion,what i observe is that the enemy is not in the star,soil,economy and skin color,it's in the mirror look look at it ,what do you see.the enemy is in you and me.let's do things right

my advice to the Nigeria youths is not to be discourage,
"Effective people are not problem-minded; they're opportunity-minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems." - Stephen Covey

an opportunity wait for you to study abroad,you will be granted scholarship only if you get these book(scholarship made easy) and you are willing to follow the instructions.for more info,

contact us ,
sholarshipnigeria@gmail.com.
or 07031800870.
Re: Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Question: Who is the enemy of Nigeria education?
Answer: Abuja
Re: Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. by Theblessed(f): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2009
I attach 80% of the blame on the government because they have the resource and power to break this jungle education system we have in Nigeria today. But they failed to do something because, they don't care so far as their children are not receiving their Nigerian education, does it concerned them? Not at all.  Well, the other 20% goes to the educators for their greed, laziness and curruption as some of them wants to be paid big salaries without lifting a finger or foot.  How can our country grow with such attitudes.  I wish every Nigerian can afford foreign education for their children these lot would have kiss our arses and say thank you for it!
Re: Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. by educa(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2009
"Every great man, every successful man, no matter what the field of endeavor,
has known the magic that lies in these words: Every adversity has the seed of an
equivalent or greater benefit." - W. Clement Stone

Think about this and get the scholarship brochure to apply for scholarship abroad.
Re: Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria University Education. by kabola2009(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2009
Q: Who Is The Enemy Of Nigeria Education.

A: Politicians

(1) (Reply)

ffg / Do You Know Any? / Lasu Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.