Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Happy Birthday To The World Best Footballer - His Profile, Photos And Quotes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Happy Birthday To The World Best Footballer - His Profile, Photos And Quotes (783 Views)

Why I’m The Best Footballer Of All Time – Cristiano Ronaldo / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Best Footballer Of The Year / Granit Xhaka Handed Switzerland Best Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To The World Best Footballer - His Profile, Photos And Quotes by UPDISTIC7: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
He remains one of the best player to ever walk the planet. This has been attested to by Other World best players namely: Pele, Maradona. His name is Lionel messi. Happy birthday to him as he turns 29. Check out his profile, photos and quotes.

He is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward for Spanish club Barcelona and the Argentina national team. He is often regarded as the best player in the world and rated by many in the sport as the greatest of all time. He has won eight La Liga titles and four UEFA Champions League titles with Barcelona, as well as four Copas del Rey. A well renowned prolific goalscorer. He holds the records for most goals scored in La Liga, a La Liga season (50), a calendar year (91), a single season (73), a Champions League match (five), and most Champions League seasons (five). Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency as a child. At age 13, he relocated to Spain to join Barcelona, who agreed to pay for his medical treatment. At 22 years old, Messi won the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year award by record voting margins. As an Argentine international, He has represented his country in six major tournaments. At youth level, he won the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship, finishing the tournament as its best player and top scorer. Also he won gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics. His style of play as a diminutive, left-footed dribbler has drawn comparisons with his compatriot Diego Maradona, who declared him his successor in 2005. Messi has broken several awards in Football history namely: At 25, he became the youngest player in history to score 200 goals in La Liga and in March 2012, became the first player in Champions League history to score five goals in a single match. Messi became the youngest Argentine to play and score in a FIFA World Cup during the 2006 edition, and reached the final of the 2007 Copa América, where he was named young player of the tournament. Messi remains Argentina's all-time leading goalscorer with 55 goals in 112 matches. He has established himself as Barcelona's all-time top scorer. Messi remains the only football player in history to win five FIFA Ballons d'Or, four of which he won consecutively, and the first player to win three European Golden Shoes. As Argentine's captain since August 2011, he led his country squad to the finals of the 2014 World Cup and the 2015 Copa América, and both times was selected as player of the tournament. Among his contemporary peers, Messi is most often compared and contrasted with Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo. He began dating Antonella Roccuzzo in 2008. He and Antonella have two sons, Mateo and Thiago.

QUOTES

1. You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it. - Lionel Messi
2. You cannot allow your desire to be a winner to be diminished by achieving success before and I believe there is room for improvement in every sportsman.
3. The day you think there is no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player.
4. I've always really just liked football, and I've always devoted a lot of time to it. When I was a kid, my friends would call me to go out with them, but I would stay home because I had practice the next day.
5. Being named among the best at something is special and beautiful. But if there are no titles, nothing is won.
6. There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.
7. I have many years to get better and better, and that has to be my ambition. The day you think there is no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player. Lionel Messi

SOURCE: dambela.com

Re: Happy Birthday To The World Best Footballer - His Profile, Photos And Quotes by IGLE25(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Happy Birthday the Ijaya of CR7. ....

(1) (Reply)

Unzealous Arsene Wenger Misses Out On Yet Another Signing Of A Striker / Potugal's Saviour, How Will Ricardo Quaresma Be Remembered? / Football Business 2016/17 Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.