Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor (28612 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Reccession in Nigiria, An Inevitable Occurrence; Not a Buhari Factor- Progres69 / Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce himself never saw it as a witch hunt

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by dammytosh: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
obailala:
“Because of a mere N11 billion debt, AMCON/Buhari and APC want to take over Silverbird”
“Buhari is simply going after his political enemies to silence them”
“The takeover of Silverbird is purely political witch-hunt”
“Is Ben Bruce the only person who owes money in Nigeria?”
“Dangote owes N209 billion but Bruce owes only N11 billion, yet Dangote is walking free”
"In fact, Buhari is a tyrant, Buhari is a dictator, a Hilter, a devil, a destroyer, we want freedom, bla bla bla…."

These are the sort cringe inducing statements spewed into cyberspace since yesterday by ‘the usual suspects,’ most of whom are supposed to be the so called leaders of tomorrow. 99% of the people spewing these thing have no clue what it means to service a loan, neither do they have a clue how AMCON operates.

They have also intentionally turned a blind eye or are just plainly ignorant of the fact that Ben Bruce is not the first person to have his business possessed; a mere application of the Common Sense which Mr Bruce has been trying hard to impart on these folks should have told them that bad loans have nothing to do with Buhari or APC or PDP or religion or region.

Just last month, AMCON possessed the business of Alhaji Sani Dangote (Bulk Pack Services Ltd) for bad loans; Sani Dangote is the younger brother of Alhaji Aliko Dangote. We did not hear this senseless cry of Buhari Buhari Buhari!!
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/26/amcon-takes-over-sani-dangotes-asset/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/debt-recovery-amcon-takes-dangotes-bulk-pack-services-ltd/

Just 3-4 days ago, this same AMCON also repossessed properties of Mr Jimoh Ibrahim due to a defaulted N50 billion loan, they even went further to freeze his accounts. We also did not hear any shouts of Buhari!
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/n50bn-debt-amcon-takes-jimoh-ibrahims-firms-freezes-bank-accounts/

Many other takeovers have been undertaken by AMCON in recent times from Bacita Sugar to G. Cappa to Bi-Courtney to Aero to Arik etc, most of these bad loans were bought by AMCON when they took over failed banks. All these happened under Yaradua, GEJ and then Buhari and never for once have we ever heard of people accusing the president for these, but now we have the Buhari hate factor.

It is sad to note how the reasoning of Nigerian youths have been so degraded; everything these days is viewed as witch-hunt, assault, attack, oppression and marginalisation even when glaring evidence proves otherwise. A lot of our folks need to emancipate themselves from this mental slavery.

To be fair to the Bruce.

They never scream Witch Hunt.

It is the slaves that are repeating witch hunt like a cracked CD player.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Kratos3364(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
undecided
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by goodlifehyd(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
99% of them reason like unripe mangoes, dont be surprised seeing them blame buhari if they can't toilet tomorrow morning

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by oviexcels(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
even after closing his business the man still no talk, some lawyer begin talk rubbish..........name d business man successful that is not using loan to run his business
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Progressive01(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
We have said it time and time again, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can be done to wean these people off their morbid stupidity and foolishness. A clear indicator of this fact. It is just like a pig and shiit- they are totally inseparable.

6 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by dhesire(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Op, thank you is all I can muster.
I am tired of explaining this to the common sense senator sympathizers.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by dunkem21(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
CyerSeries:
Clowns everywhere.. So you just wasted your time writing this thrash to defend dangote and spite those defending BMB? You all are the same.. Shameless sycophants!!!

Na the person wey carry am come FP I dey blame.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by walanter(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
Things ar going I west I guise
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Ayowumie(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
gunuvi:
Op, you are so low in IQ or deliberately dumb not to see things clearly. Shame.

Obailala has done a great job putting things into an objective perspective.

You seem to have a different view, would you pls educate us further? Pls don't be a typical ignorant Nigerian youth.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by dhesire(m): 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=dammytosh post=46894075]

To be fair to the Bruce.

Abeg, your simile is a bomb
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by neonly: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
buhari nd apc at work period
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Bespiel: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Leave Story for tortoise
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by asid(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
obailala:
“Because of a mere N11 billion debt, AMCON/Buhari and APC want to take over Silverbird”
“Buhari is simply going after his political enemies to silence them”
“The takeover of Silverbird is purely political witch-hunt”
“Is Ben Bruce the only person who owes money in Nigeria?”
“Dangote owes N209 billion but Bruce owes only N11 billion, yet Dangote is walking free”
"In fact, Buhari is a tyrant, Buhari is a dictator, a Hilter, a devil, a destroyer, we want freedom, bla bla bla…."

These are the sort cringe inducing statements spewed into cyberspace since yesterday by ‘the usual suspects,’ most of whom are supposed to be the so called leaders of tomorrow. 99% of the people spewing these thing have no clue what it means to service a loan, neither do they have a clue how AMCON operates.

They have also intentionally turned a blind eye or are just plainly ignorant of the fact that Ben Bruce is not the first person to have his business possessed; a mere application of the Common Sense which Mr Bruce has been trying hard to impart on these folks should have told them that bad loans have nothing to do with Buhari or APC or PDP or religion or region.

Just last month, AMCON possessed the business of Alhaji Sani Dangote (Bulk Pack Services Ltd) for bad loans; Sani Dangote is the younger brother of Alhaji Aliko Dangote. We did not hear this senseless cry of Buhari Buhari Buhari!!
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/26/amcon-takes-over-sani-dangotes-asset/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/debt-recovery-amcon-takes-dangotes-bulk-pack-services-ltd/

Just 3-4 days ago, this same AMCON also repossessed properties of Mr Jimoh Ibrahim due to a defaulted N50 billion loan, they even went further to freeze his accounts. We also did not hear any shouts of Buhari!
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/n50bn-debt-amcon-takes-jimoh-ibrahims-firms-freezes-bank-accounts/

Many other takeovers have been undertaken by AMCON in recent times from Bacita Sugar to G. Cappa to Bi-Courtney to Aero to Arik etc, most of these bad loans were bought by AMCON when they took over failed banks. All these happened under Yaradua, GEJ and then Buhari and never for once have we ever heard of people accusing the president for these, but now we have the Buhari hate factor.

It is sad to note how the reasoning of Nigerian youths have been so degraded; everything these days is viewed as witch-hunt, assault, attack, oppression and marginalisation even when glaring evidence proves otherwise. A lot of our folks need to emancipate themselves from this mental slavery.

Like i discussed with friends just last night, the outcome of the election has just proven we have more educated illiterates than actual educated, by their use of words, analyses, and comments. It's rather sad that with every step forward for some of us, it's looks more like many steps back into the stone age "mentally" for most of them

6 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by adami48(f): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
knightsTempler:
Oga Ben Bruce has paid is dues, for business to last for 35 years no be moi moi thing, even people that can't manage a corner shop or barbers shop are always quick to criticising, this is a family business that has passed through the thick and thin of the economy of Nigeria, people that lived in Lagos in the 80's will know little or more about Silverbird, from Domino Supermarket, their father handed over to Ben Bruce and his siblings and he was able to expand the business and involve every members of the family, they later move to beauty pageant, I saw a 1983 document about Ben Bruce with Prof. Walter Ofonagoro when Ofonagoro was the DG of NT A when he was doing one of the beauty pageant show, u can see the zeal in Ben Bruce. There is hardly any businessman that is not owning, if you know the story Donald Trump how he was owning 99 banks in the early 90's to the middle 90's and how he bounced back. Ben Bruce produced Agbani Darego, he has been able to make people especially the youths, look at the rhythm unplugged they organise every year, he took some of our entertainers out of the street by giving them the platform to be seen and heard, see thousands of people he is employing they will feel their families, pay tax, pay school fees and they go to the market, you can see the multiplying effect to the economy. How many of our rulers do the youths sincerely respect. I call him father of entertainment in Africa. He will bounce back, this is a passing phase.
foolishness is wisdom to a slowpoke, Am not a supporter of this government but people like u are the reason the old and fragile looking men will still be rolling this country, wisdom is a billion miles far from ya comment

7 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by fabson21(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
who dem epp coolwho dem epp
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Figs(m): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
enuf of pretens,naija no work,beta to go
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by tbaba1234: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
oviexcels:
even after closing his business the man still no talk, some lawyer begin talk rubbish..........name d business man successful that is not using loan to run his business

Loan is not free money. It has to be serviced. BMB was not servicing his loans

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Agriman(m): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
ihatebuhari:
Hahahahaha APC supporters are just clown

Imagine this ur useless write up, remain a slave to the north

I'm so proud to be a Niger Deltan and God bless our oil
Militant?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
The parties (Senator Ben Bruce & his brothers) in question never grumble about AMCON possession of their properties knowing fully well of their default.

I shook my head for some youths in this country with the way they think.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Daniyomex(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
Now I understand. Thanks for the thread Obailala
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by henrynick(m): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
amii131:
But why is buhari like this sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Don't tell me nigerians voted a man that's one sided all to his favour because other people don't agree with u or does'nt like the way u act does it call for chasing after them instead of the the general fightings...........NO WONDER I HEARD THEM SAY NO TO FULANI MAN YET THEY WENT AND GAVE THE VOTE.

And what is the fool saying?

Edited:
Right now am not happy with the way things are going in this country i have the right to speak so you are too if you don't go and read about david cameron headlines today.
Meanwhile if you tap and quote me thunder wey go fire u go ask u first wetin concern u sad

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Niyinficient(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
knightsTempler:
Oga Ben Bruce has paid is dues, for business to last for 35 years no be moi moi thing, even people that can't manage a corner shop or barbers shop are always quick to criticising, this is a family business that has passed through the thick and thin of the economy of Nigeria, people that lived in Lagos in the 80's will know little or more about Silverbird, from Domino Supermarket, their father handed over to Ben Bruce and his siblings and he was able to expand the business and involve every members of the family, they later move to beauty pageant, I saw a 1983 document about Ben Bruce with Prof. Walter Ofonagoro when Ofonagoro was the DG of NT A when he was doing one of the beauty pageant show, u can see the zeal in Ben Bruce. There is hardly any businessman that is not owning, if you know the story Donald Trump how he was owning 99 banks in the early 90's to the middle 90's and how he bounced back. Ben Bruce produced Agbani Darego, he has been able to make people especially the youths, look at the rhythm unplugged they organise every year, he took some of our entertainers out of the street by giving them the platform to be seen and heard, see thousands of people he is employing they will feel their families, pay tax, pay school fees and they go to the market, you can see the multiplying effect to the economy. How many of our rulers do the youths sincerely respect. I call him father of entertainment in Africa. He will bounce back, this is a passing phase.

#copied.

Bros, I share ur opinion but is 11billion too big for a personality such as Murray-Bruce to pay off?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by henrynick(m): 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
adami48:
foolishness is wisdom to a slowpoke, Am not a supporter of this government but people like u are the reason the old and fragile looking men will still be ruling this country, wisdom is a billion miles far from ya comment take sense..

How is this foolishness madam....kindly explain to us abeg

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by cescky(m): 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=Zoharariel post=46894022]The “witch-hunt” cries could only be coming from the land of the rising moon. grin

Ben Bruce is the dumbest mofo on Earth. I wouldn't even sign-up on twitter if I were owing banks 1Billion Naira, let alone, 11Billion.

Now, I guess he must have realized how vacuously s.tupid he & his common sense campaign have been.[/quote.

Shut up ignorant ghetto boy
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by OLADD: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
obailala:
It's really sad how a lot of people, for the want of a political argument, have wilfully decided to throw their common senses to the dogs... It's truly a frightening development.

The president himself had sown the seed of sentiment and suspicion in his so-called anti-corruption crusade by overlooking the alleged corrupt acts of his party members, hence it's completely illogical to bash those people that see Bruce's travail as witch hunt. Let the anti corruption war be holistic and the hue about witch hunt would die naturally.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by obailala(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
dammytosh:

To be fair to the Bruce.

Of course Ben Bruce is not an ediot, he's a man with common sense and he knows how these things work; he also knows that by taking the right steps, he would be able to regain control of his companies in no time. But i can't say so much about the hordes of wailers who as can be seen from this thread and others, have reduced themselves to glorified imbeciles all because of politics. It's a shame!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by knightsTempler: 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
adami48:
foolishness is wisdom to a slowpoke, Am not a supporter of this government but people like u are the reason the old and fragile looking men will still be rolling this country, wisdom is a billion miles far from ya comment

You must have the uncanny ability to stretch the borders of daftness.....what's the BS in what is written there?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by sweetgala(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Obailala, u and I see tins clearly insame light! I never knew Nigerians re this unintelligent! Little wonder Okonjo Iweala, addressing employment problem some years ago, declared that Nigerians re simply unemployable. Her reason was that most unemployed Nigerians can't deliver. In plain words majority of Nigerians are dull.
Its sooooo sad for a pple whose faculty is sooo low that they believe almost anything without putting their brains to task! If for example Fowl-ose, the president of ipod, 2moro comes out to say, 'APC or Buhari is responsible for infertility amongst men of SE,' don't be surprised that pple will believe him.
That's jus how low intelligence has sunk in Nigeria.
Sadly, these yoots re the so-called 'leaders of tomoro'.
Once again may God reward u for taking soooo much of ur time educating Nigerians on simple tins they shud know!
Lalasticlala this is a very educating, informing and enlightening thread pls help push this to front page so our pple can learn.

Such has already been said. If I'm correct the SW is responsible for insecurity in Niger delta
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
the whole country is in chaos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Primary: Delegates Appear In Aso-Ebi / 'Declare Zamfara State Of Emergency' - Nigerians Tell Buhari On Twitter / Osinbajo Visits Family Of Precious Owolabi Killed In Shiites Protest (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.