Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor (28613 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Reccession in Nigiria, An Inevitable Occurrence; Not a Buhari Factor- Progres69 / Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by stefan388: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by maxtamazin: 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2016
obailala:
Just to cure your ignorance, that the business was possessed by AMCON does not mean the business has been closed or workers sacked. The business is still functional as we speak nobody gets to lose his/her job.

With that settled, here are some questions for you;
1. What does the case of a businessman vs bank8 have to do with politics or Buhari?
2. Are you suggesting that bank debtors shouldn't pay their debts any more because they employ people?
3. Or are you suggesting that the FG bails out a private business?

Bailing out a private business isn't a bad idea especially when it employs a lot of people, but are you aware that AMCON initially buying over this bad debt from Union bank is already a case of FG bailing out this private business?... how many times should government bailout a single private business?...

I laugh when a road side foganisa* want to cure my ignorance.

1. What a coincidence that AMCON is now taking over Ben Bruce company at the same time he is injecting a bit of common sense to a rather senseless govt. Keep your story to the gullible.

2. Loan and business at like brother and sisters, one can't do without the other. Any sensible goverment must step in to avoid ANY private industry going down in this present climate when foreign companies are jumping off the sinking ship.

3. I guess you have answered your question with the last paragraph.

Note: a clueless goverment who ran a no1 economy under within one year should be prepared for massive default from private companies and must do everything in her powers to keep them going.

Progressive economies do this and they call it " Quatitative easing.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by Lnxxxxx(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
bluaero:

I agree with your points. But the picture the partisan OP is trying to portray is that Buhari is on a "corruption crusade". If you also think the same way and don't think that it is merely a "vengeance" mission and an "opposition intimidating" vendetta, then I would like to question your thinking capability.

Read my post again without sentiment and partisanship and try to get the message.

Our country apart from being in a horrible economic nightmare is also more divided than ever along ethnic and religious lines. Buhari is destroying us with hate and disunity. We have never hated each other this much in the history of Nigeria.

Note: I neither support the APC or PDP as these guys are the same and can switch sides at any instant just to get access to money and power. You should know this. I am only a law abiding and hardworking Nigerian who is interested in a peaceful and enabling economy to make a living and raise my offspring.

Very good!

It's good to know that I and chatting with someone like me that try to be objective (no one is ever really objective).

Now to the issue, the idea of opposition and politics as a whole, the only reason things like this don't happen in the US is that their politicians try their best to generally live a clean life, unlike Nigeria that politicians commit all sorts of atrocities and flaunt it. If Obama had dirt on Republicans that keep frustrating his policies, do you think he will hold back?

The truth is that even though prosecution of criminal acts may not be balanced across parties, I would rather take half than non at all. Because however you see it a wrong act is a wrong act. What people forget is that the success of the ruling party in the last election is one of the best things that could happen: it means they can also be booted out if they fail. cheesy

As for the hate, that has always been there, it was glaring from the last election result I will not dwell on it but know this, I grew up mostly in the north, served in the east, worked in both the west and South, so I see and understand Nigerias major tribes. The major issue now is that on social media the ignorant seem to make the loudest noice, people that haven't left their local government all their lives and a lot of the people that know better keep quiet. We end up doing damage control about certain perception when it's too late. I honestly don't believe Buhari alone can be blamed for such a mess. You have to appreciate the fact that he is the convenient culprit for everything negative happening in Nigeria now (ranking just Below the Devil)

As for economy, he has his faults in some areas but I will ask you to do a research on all the countries that has oil as its major export; you will be surprised that we are actually way better off than most. I am not giving any excuses for the dude, I generally don't tolerate them. But I will ask you this: can you stake your life that another party or person would have done better. I really don't know the answer to that question so I will try to support the positive and point out the negative for now.

As for political parties and politicians, all of them can commit suicide for all I care. angry

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by maxtamazin: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2016
diegwu01:

It is this type of extremely Low IQed reasoning that got the OP creating this thread in the first place,
The same type of Negative IQ'ed reasoning that got this country to the present mess we find ourselves..
How do some wailers concoct some of the bull crap they spill over Nairaland these days?

Another dumb fool with no meaniful contribution to the thread just to spill gibberish after taking osogbo weed.
Say something sensible and come back to me then we can discuss.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by obailala(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2016
maxtamazin:

I laugh when a road side foganisa* want to cure my ignorance.

1. What a coincidence that AMCON is now taking over Ben Bruce company at the same time he is injecting a bit of common sense to a rather senseless govt. Keep your story to the gullible.

2. Loan and business at like brother and sisters, one can't do without the other. Any sensible goverment must step in to avoid ANY private industry going down in this present climate when foreign companies are jumping off the sinking ship.

3. I guess you have answered your question with the last paragraph.

Note: a clueless goverment who ran a no1 economy under within one year should be prepared for massive default from private companies and must do everything in her powers to keep them going.

Progressive economies do this and they call it " Quatitative easing.
Apparently your ignorance is self inflicted and incurable; it feels sad exchanging words with individuals who have traded their common sense for pointless sentiments.

1. AMCON bought over the bad debt from Union bank long before your most hated Buhari came to power. AMCON normally sets a deadline for the loan defaulter to pay up and the deadline was set long before your hated Buhari came to power. The deadline just expired and Ben Bruce himself isn't lamenting foul play, only emotionally confused dull supporters are. Once again, get it into your skull that the issue between Ben Bruce vs Union Bank/AMCON has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari or APC.

2. All major businesses worldwide survive on loans and even a child knows that, Dangote even recently secured a massive loan of up to $10billion to set up one of the world's biggest refineries. Even an infant knows that collecting a loan isn't a problem, but defaulting in loan repayment is not accepted anywhere in the world (except in the confused world of emotionally sentimental wrecks).

As you rightly said, every serious government must step in to prevent private businesses (especially the ones employing a lot of people like this) from going down; that was the reason the government set up AMCON in the first place to buy off bad loans that were about to crash several banks and also crash the business. Buying off those bad loans gave the business owners more time to sort out the repayment of their loans. I doubt the common man like you and me can ever get that gentle treatment.

And finally, AMCON is taking possession of the business does not mean the business is being shutdown by government or AMCON; if there were 1000 persons working in that organisation, the 1000 people still get to keep their jobs because the business is still very much functional. Apparently this is the simple bit of info which your sentimental mind is incapable of assimilating.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by obailala(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
bluaero:

I agree with your points. But the picture the partisan OP is trying to portray is that Buhari is on a "corruption crusade". If you also think the same way and don't think that it is merely a "vengeance" mission and an "opposition intimidating" vendetta, then I would like to question your thinking capability.

Read my post again without sentiment and partisanship and try to get the message.

Our country apart from being in a horrible economic nightmare is also more divided than ever along ethnic and religious lines. Buhari is destroying us with hate and disunity. We have never hated each other this much in the history of Nigeria.

Note: I neither support the APC or PDP as these guys are the same and can switch sides at any instant just to get access to money and power. You should know this. I am only a law abiding and hardworking Nigerian who is interested in a peaceful and enabling economy to make a living and raise my offspring.
Mr, I was not trying to paint anybody as being on any corruption crusade, this issue at hand even has nothing to do with corruption; learn to comprehend simple English. I was simply pointing out that the entire issue between silverbird and AMCON has absolutely nothing to do with buhari or politics. AMCON has since served loan defaulters notices to service their loans, anyone unable to service the loan when the deadline expires would have their collateral possessed. This is standard practice all over the world, people take loans with collaterals and if you default on your loans, you lose your collateral. it is only in Nigeria a person defaults on a loan and then you see supporters alleging politics when collaterals are being possessed. Enough of these pointless sentiments.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by jtwest(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2016
obailala:
“Because of a mere N11 billion debt, AMCON/Buhari and APC want to take over Silverbird”
“Buhari is simply going after his political enemies to silence them”
“The takeover of Silverbird is purely political witch-hunt”
“Is Ben Bruce the only person who owes money in Nigeria?”
“Dangote owes N209 billion but Bruce owes only N11 billion, yet Dangote is walking free”
"In fact, Buhari is a tyrant, Buhari is a dictator, a Hilter, a devil, a destroyer, we want freedom, bla bla bla…."

These are the sort cringe inducing statements spewed into cyberspace since yesterday by ‘the usual suspects,’ most of whom are supposed to be the so called leaders of tomorrow. 99% of the people spewing these thing have no clue what it means to service a loan, neither do they have a clue how AMCON operates.

They have also intentionally turned a blind eye or are just plainly ignorant of the fact that Ben Bruce is not the first person to have his business possessed; a mere application of the Common Sense which Mr Bruce has been trying hard to impart on these folks should have told them that bad loans have nothing to do with Buhari or APC or PDP or religion or region.

Just last month, AMCON possessed the business of Alhaji Sani Dangote (Bulk Pack Services Ltd) for bad loans; Sani Dangote is the younger brother of Alhaji Aliko Dangote. We did not hear this senseless cry of Buhari Buhari Buhari!!
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/26/amcon-takes-over-sani-dangotes-asset/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/debt-recovery-amcon-takes-dangotes-bulk-pack-services-ltd/

Just 3-4 days ago, this same AMCON also repossessed properties of Mr Jimoh Ibrahim due to a defaulted N50 billion loan, they even went further to freeze his accounts. We also did not hear any shouts of Buhari!
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/n50bn-debt-amcon-takes-jimoh-ibrahims-firms-freezes-bank-accounts/

Many other takeovers have been undertaken by AMCON in recent times from Bacita Sugar to G. Cappa to Bi-Courtney to Aero to Arik etc, most of these bad loans were bought by AMCON when they took over failed banks. All these happened under Yaradua, GEJ and then Buhari and never for once have we ever heard of people accusing the president for these, but now we have the Buhari hate factor.

It is sad to note how the reasoning of Nigerian youths have been so degraded; everything these days is viewed as witch-hunt, assault, attack, oppression and marginalisation even when glaring evidence proves otherwise. A lot of our folks need to emancipate themselves from this mental slavery.

Should I blame media, government or religion for degrading most Nigeria youth's capacity to think, all they wanna do is steal ballot boxes for N200. Anyway wetin concyn me?
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by maxtamazin: 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
obailala:
Apparently your ignorance is self inflicted and incurable; it feels sad exchanging words with individuals who have traded their common sense for pointless sentiments.

1. AMCON bought over the bad debt from Union bank long before your most hated Buhari came to power. AMCON normally sets a deadline for the loan defaulter to pay up and the deadline was set long before your hated Buhari came to power. The deadline just expired and Ben Bruce himself isn't lamenting foul play, only emotionally confused dull supporters are. Once again, get it into your skull that the issue between Ben Bruce vs Union Bank/AMCON has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari or APC.

2. All major businesses worldwide survive on loans and even a child knows that, Dangote even recently secured a massive loan of up to $10billion to set up one of the world's biggest refineries. Even an infant knows that collecting a loan isn't a problem, but defaulting in loan repayment is not accepted anywhere in the world (except in the confused world of emotionally sentimental wrecks).

As you rightly said, every serious government must step in to prevent private businesses (especially the ones employing a lot of people like this) from going down; that was the reason the government set up AMCON in the first place to buy off bad loans that were about to crash several banks and also crash the business. Buying off those bad loans gave the business owners more time to sort out the repayment of their loans. I doubt the common man like you and me can ever get that gentle treatment.

And finally, AMCON is taking possession of the business does not mean the business is being shutdown by government or AMCON; if there were 1000 persons working in that organisation, the 1000 people still get to keep their jobs because the business is still very much functional. Apparently this is the simple bit of info which your sentimental mind is incapable of assimilating.

I tried so hard not to exchange words with zombies or people with mental age of 2 years but am going to make you an exception.

You kept going round in circle like a zombie whose brain has been replaced with Buhari doctrine of alamajari. You chose to ignore my point but rambling like a child. This is not the right time for AMCON or any agency to shut down any private company instead they should work with them to resolve any loan or agreement they might have with any bank.

Am suprised how quickly the companies were reopened. You keep saying AMCON taking over the company is not the end so what is AMCON going to do with a debt laden company? Sell it? Operate it into profitablility?

Use your brain, hard time calls for hard decision or unusual solution. NO PRIVATE COMPANY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GO UNDER AT THE MOMENT, WE NEED ALL COMPANIES TO STAY AFLOAT, NO MATTER WHAT.

I hope am loud enough for you dumb brain.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by tbaba1234: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
maxtamazin:

I tried so hard not to exchange words with zombies or people with mental age of 2 years but am going to make you an exception.

You kept going round in circle like a zombie whose brain has been replaced with Buhari doctrine of alamajari. You chose to ignore my point but rambling like a child. This is not the right time for AMCON or any agency to shut down any private company instead they should work with them to resolve any loan or agreement they might have with any bank.

Am suprised how quickly the companies were reopened. You keep saying AMCON taking over the company is not the end so what is AMCON going to do with a debt laden company? Sell it? Operate it into profitablility?

Use your brain, hard time calls for hard decision or unusual solution. NO PRIVATE COMPANY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GO UNDER AT THE MOMENT, WE NEED ALL COMPANIES TO STAY AFLOAT, NO MATTER WHAT.

Companies are not necessarily going under.. AMCON is taking over management to recover their money. These loans have been renegotiated before.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by trux(m): 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
tbaba1234:

Companies are not necessarily going under.. AMCON is taking over management to recover their money. These loans have been renegotiated before.
wow tbaba i wounder how maxtamazin will feel after all the insults u still remain calm nice one tbaba cool
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by maxtamazin: 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
tbaba1234:

How do AMCON plan to recoup thier money? Sell of or take over the management? Please tell me any company that AMCON has taken over and recoup thier money?
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by maxtamazin: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2016
trux:

wow tbaba i wounder how maxtamazin will feel after all the insults u still remain calm nice one tbaba cool

Get you fact right, i never insult tbaba, my augment is with Obailala. You should have gone to specsavers.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by edoyad(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2016
In a time of economic hardship and loss of employment, one would have expected the govt to assist businesses that still employ people instead of killing them.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by obailala(m): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
maxtamazin:

I can count at least 3 comments where I have mentioned it to you that Silverbird being possessed by AMCON does not mean the company is going to be shutdown. At some point, both Arik and Aero have been possessed by amcon, but they never stopped flying.

Who knows, I am probably talking to an android robot (who is programmed solely to repeat the word zombie 100 times), else I wonder why you keep quoting me and stating the exact same trash continuously like a broken record. Abeg shift!

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by maxtamazin: 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
obailala:
I can count at least 3 comments where I have mentioned it to you that Silverbird being possessed by AMCON does not mean the company is going to be shutdown. At some point, both Arik and Aero have been possessed by amcon, but they never stopped flying.

Who knows, I am probably talking to an android robot (who is programmed solely to repeat the word zombie 100 times), else I wonder why you keep quoting me and stating the exact same trash continuously like a broken record. Abeg shift!

My last take on this matter....you are wasting my time I could have spent with someone more intelligent.

AMCON should not shut any private company down or advertise they are so doing....this will scare investors away. The normal thing to do in this climate is to protect viable companies.

Am done with you. Never argue with a pig. Shalom.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by obailala(m): 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
maxtamazin:

My last take on this matter....you are wasting my time I could have spent with someone more intelligent.

AMCON should not shut any private company down or advertise they are so doing....this will scare investors away. The normal thing to do in this climate is to protect viable companies.

I'm pretty sure you are describing your generation with the bolded statement isn't it?

Once again, let me remind you that a loan is a loan and it has to be repaid; stupid sentiments wouldnt stop a loan from being repaid. There is nowhere in the world where a bank gives you a loan and leaves you alone?

Even though I have told you countless times that AMCON has not shutdown silverbird, I still assume that you have a functional brain in your skull, so I would mention it one more time, "AMCON is not shutting down Silverbird, they are only taking over its ownership from the Bruces." Maybe when you wake up from your stupor, you will get my point.
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by trux(m): 4:50am On Jun 26, 2016
maxtamazin:

Get you fact right, i never insult tbaba, my augment is with Obailala. You should have gone to specsavers.

ok my bad but that didn't seems like argument
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2016
maxtamazin:

The rate at which Nigerians showcase their ignorance on social media is shameful an alarming. AMCON hasn't shut down anybody's business. And how do u suggest they protect pple businesses? Throw more money at them?
Re: Ben Bruce, Dangote, AMCON and the Buhari Factor by obailala(m): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
The rate at which Nigerians showcase their ignorance on social media is shameful an alarming. AMCON hasn't shut down anybody's business. And how do u suggest they protect pple businesses? Throw more money at them?
My brother the matter don tire me... sometimes I cant just understand if some of these people make all these senseless arguments for fun or whether they are actually serious.

I have mentioned it for the umpteenth time to the dude, AMCOn isnt shutting down the business, rather they are only taking over ownership. But the dude keeps coming back with the very same argument like a broken record saying "govt shouldnt shutdown any private business." I cant even place wherher the dude is deaf or blind or just dull but he certainly does not sound like an illiterate.

And then he goes ahead to say amcon taking over a business will scare away investors. What sort of investor comes into a climate expecting not to payback a bank loan?.... Is there any place in the world where a bank gives you a loan and leaves you alone?

Nothing wen man pikin nor go see for this nairaland oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Primary: Delegates Appear In Aso-Ebi / 'Declare Zamfara State Of Emergency' - Nigerians Tell Buhari On Twitter / Osinbajo Visits Family Of Precious Owolabi Killed In Shiites Protest (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.