Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? (15780 Views)

Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? / Lagos Reviews Tenancy Law, May Stop Agreement Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? by induce: 12:27am On May 09, 2021
did you get a refund on your agency and agreement fees?

Compliant:

Not all landlord are wicked

Not too long i relocated from an apartment in ikeja lagos which i have already paid 2years rent and have spent just 7months.

Was surprised when the landlord requested for my account details, i gave it to him and after 1month he refunded my balance of 17months
Re: Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? by lookingfly: 6:50am On Aug 28, 2022
Compliant:

Not all landlord are wicked

Not too long i relocated from an apartment in ikeja lagos which i have already paid 2years rent and have spent just 7months.

Was surprised when the landlord requested for my account details, i gave it to him and after 1month he refunded my balance of 17months
I just moved into an apartment and there is this religious house behind that wouldn't let us rest with unnecessary loud sounds at odd hours. I've stayed barely a month and the lawyer, caretaker don't want to do anything about it. The landlord is not accessible and no one wants to give us his number. I'VE NOT SIGNED ANY AGREEMENT YET. Would get my refund if i ask for it?
Re: Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? by lookingfly: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2022
lastpage:

Tenancy is a "CONTRACT"!
If you break it "at will", you are not entitled to any refund.

It is at the discretion of the landlord, whether he wants to refund you or not.
It does not make him "Wicked or Good".

Ofcourse, you have the right to lock-Up the place till your rent expires.
undecided undecided

Lastpage!
i just moved into an apartment and there is this religious house behind that wouldn't let us rest with unnecessary loud sounds at odd hours. I've stayed barely a month and the lawyer, caretaker don't want to do anything about it. The landlord is not accessible and no one wants to give us his number. I'VE NOT SIGNED ANY AGREEMENT YET. Would I get my refund if i ask for it?
Re: Vacating A House Before Tenancy Expires, Do You Get A Refund? by lookingfly: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2022
histemple:

Your analysis was nice except for the use of the word ENTITLED. A tenant who willingly terminates his/her tenancy is not entitled for a refund according to law. It is the same way that a landlord/landlady who serves you a quit notice is not entitled to receive payment for a covered period, depending on your tenancy category.

More so, it is even at the discretion of the landlord to either accept or reject the new tenant introduced by you subject to his/her considerations. This is because, although the apartment/property belongs to you until expiration, you are NOT ALLOWED to sublet.

So, you have the power to lock it up and hold the keys until the expiration of your tenancy. And nobody has the right to enter therein without your permission.
just moved into an apartment and there is this religious house behind that wouldn't let us rest with unnecessary loud sounds at odd hours. I've stayed barely a month and the lawyer, caretaker don't want to do anything about it. The landlord is not accessible and no one wants to give us his number. I'VE NOT SIGNED ANY AGREEMENT YET. Would get my refund if i ask for it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Properties To Let And For Sale In Lekki, Ajah And Environs. / Why Do We Need To Perform Or Carry Out Geo-technical/soil Investigation? / BRAND NEW 3, 4 & 5 BEDROOMS Duplexes From Lekki Phase 1 To Ajah For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.