Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting (20404 Views)

What Amaechi Told Me About APC Leaders Emergency Meeting With Buhari-Dele Momodu / Boko Haram Commanders Chatting & Smiling In Court In Abuja (Video) / President Buhari Holds Emergency Meeting Over Rivers Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by igboboy3(m): 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Buhari fears a coup. That is the implication.
The Avengers were not bluffing.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by airsaylongcon: 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
989900:
Coup in 2016 with social media? Try it.

They will shutdown the telecoms company and nothing will happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
Some people seem to want a millitary coup.

Let me remind you that life under Army rule is no beans.

1.Dissidents under Army rule could dissapear for months, even years...and no one would know where they were. See IPOB Kanu. Arrested today, in court tomorrow. Under Army rule...that won;t happen.

2.Army rule won't sort out the economic crisis. Because....we are an oil dependent economy, and the only way out of this economic crisis is by getting rid of oil.

In 1983...we threw out the civillians because of oil prcie crash in 1982. In 1985...we threw out the then Army govt and brought in IBB. By 1989...things got worse economically...all because oil prices stayed low.

3.Army rule won't allow any form of critique. Under this democracy we have been practicing since 1999...have you heard of newspaper houses being closed down? No way. Army rule...can see media houses shut down for months...because of the government not liking what you said.

4.Army rule will not bring about true federalisim. Sorry....but that is the fact.

5.Army rule won;t allow all these Avengers. Under Army rule...the Avengers would be wiped out. without any form of recourse to rule of law. Ditto....IPOB, OPC et al. Army does not tolerate any other armed group. You would wish PMB was back in power....even GEJ TOO...you would wish GEJ too was back in power.

So...anyone talking about coup....better watch it. Army rule means more disaster. In 1965...people were calling for coup. Five years later...millions were dead. And Nigeria was changed forever.

5 Likes

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Cjrane2: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Another fake deceit.
Burutai himself and a bunch of generals are the ones plotting the coup. Yet, they are the ones looking for the plotters. grin
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by happney65: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
omolola15 your guy dey fear coup?Ahaaaa.After he don use he's useless polices nearly destroy Nigeria finish..If coup peere,na hin we go blame ohh..Ohh,sorry you dont take responsibilities,you blame GEJ niii..Awon oloshi.. grin
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by ndcide(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
[s]Some people seem to want a millitary coup.

1.Dissidents under Army rule could dissapear for months, even years...and no one would know where they were. See IPOB Kanu. Arrested today, in court tomorrow. Under Army rule...that won;t happen.

2.Army rule won't sort out the economic crisis. Because....we are an oil dependent economy, and the only way out of this economic crisis is by getting rid of oil.

In 1983...we threw out the civillians because of oil prcie crash in 1982. In 1985...we threw out the then Army govt and brought in IBB. By 1989...things got worse economically...all because oil prices stayed low.

3.Army rule won't allow any form of critique. Under this democracy we have been practicing since 1999...have you heard of newspaper houses being closed down? No way. Army rule...can see media houses shut down for months...because of the government not liking what you said.

4.Army rule will not bring about true federalisim. Sorry....but that is the fact.

5.Army rule won;t allow all these Avengers. Under Army rule...the Avengers would be wiped out. without any form of recourse to rule of law. Ditto....IPOB, OPC et al. Army does not tolerate any other armed group. You would wish PMB was back in power....even GEJ TOO...you would wish GEJ too was back in power.

So...anyone talking about coup....better watch it. Army rule means more disaster. In 1965...people were calling for coup. Five years later...millions were dead. And Nigeria was changed forever[/s].

If we continue with the present brigandage, bad-blood, unsettling the polity, sorry there will be coup and those guys at that meeting will be taken out. The press statement was even somehow... won't say more.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by engrhorla(m): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Compliant:
NO COUP CAN HAPPEN

The entity called Nigeria will never deteriorate into the quagmire of military paradism

Nigeria is too important in Africa to disintegrate into the bysmal abysmal or rather the cungaga cungaga of some guerilla warlords

Though the nation is meandering in a unidirectional circus, with so many flash points of war but there will be a manouver that will neutralise and create a resultant higi haga that's the dream of all

Pronto
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by fortuneinya: 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
Let's hope it won't happen cos the way things are going anything can happen
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 25, 2016
SleekAboki:

Even if there be any coup it would be bloodless and executed without shooting a bullet cos even maiguards at Aso Rock are not happy with buhari.
una just open una mouth dey talk coup anyhow.....who wan do any coup? u think if the military gets back in power you will have this sort of freedom of speech to write thrash on nairaland....keep praying for coup oo when it hits u,sorry wud be ur name

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BraniacX(m): 2:57am On Jun 25, 2016
SleekAboki:

Even if there be any coup it would be bloodless and executed without shooting a bullet cos even maiguards at Aso Rock are not happy with buhari.

You'll probably support this coup if true especially if carried out and benefited from by officers from your part of the country given the fact that PMB is obviously dying just so as to prevent power from leaving your region!

YES!!!!! We can deduce all these too undecided
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Poweredbreww: 5:51am On Jun 25, 2016
BraniacX:

You'll probably support this coup if true especially if carried out and benefited from by officers from your part of the country given the fact that PMB is obviously dying just so as to prevent power from leaving your region!

The guy is Ibo and not Hausa.
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Compliant:
NO COUP CAN HAPPEN
With what reason can you prove it with?
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:55am On Jun 25, 2016
What?
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:56am On Jun 25, 2016
Michaelgates:
Coup in 2016 in dis same Nigeria we are in? Its not possible. Let them try it lemi see...

Prove it? Please
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:58am On Jun 25, 2016
youngice:
This regime will be decisive and disciplined
No form of insubordination will be condoned Thank you

Thank you
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by chimauga(m): 6:01am On Jun 25, 2016
Cowardice, cis of rumoured coup, mmmtcheww
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 25, 2016
ndcide:

If we continue with the present brigandage, bad-blood, unsettling the polity, sorry there will be coup and those guys at that meeting will be taken out. The press statement was even somehow... won't say more.

That does not mean life under Army rule would be better.

I prefer to support bad democracies to good Army rule.

Back in 1965....when the Western region was burning, people thought the Army was the better option. By 1970.....five million people were dead.

Sorry.....you may cancel all my previous sentences.....but even if GEJ was in charge...and someone sang Army rule....I would say....No thanks. Army rule does not make things better. Give me my broken political system anyday.....

(And the Polity was heated during Army rule. One needs to study the period 1986-89 to see how bad).
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Mediapace: 6:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Hope you'll vote
BrainnewsNg:

Thank you
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Some people seem to want a millitary coup.

So...anyone talking about coup....better watch it. Army rule means more disaster. In 1965...people were calling for coup. Five years later...millions were dead. And Nigeria was changed forever.

Thank you.

Please, tell them

1 Like

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:15am On Jun 25, 2016
BraniacX:

Simple.

If Coup occurs now, all this kids praying for its existence.

Will immediately regret it

1 Like

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 25, 2016
ndcide:

I am responding to you comment for the second time...to tell you this.

Nigerians agreed to the overthrow of the First republic.....and we still had crisis

Nigerians agreed to the overthrow of the Second Republic...and our economic and social problems did not improve.

I never liked the PDP. I was opposed to them since 1999. But if someone had suggested we overthrow them since 1999...because of crisis (and there was crisis in the PDP's governance since 1999.....Sharia, militancy, etc....all these problems we face did not start last year).....I WOULD HAVE SAID A BIG NO.

Same thig for this government....which I am not entirely fond of. (They refuse to make the hard decision to get us off our oil dependency).

So understand this.....I am for democracy, even if my enemy is in charge, even if everything is in crisis, even if problems dey.....I am for democracy....because I ain't going back to the days of rule by decree, disappearance of dissidents, and fear of being able to say what you wanted.I am for democracy. Say what you want....Army rule is NO solution.Our experiences in 1966-70, and 1983-1999 should have told us that.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:21am On Jun 25, 2016
Mediapace:
Hope you'll vote
Vote?
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by justy15: 7:01am On Jun 25, 2016
like seriously coup is not an option for us now though what we are experiencing in this administration is not less of military regime but we don't pray for coup de ta

1 Like

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by erayo2GCA(m): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2016
Anything to remove that mistake is highly welcome
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 25, 2016
erayo2GCA:
Anything to remove that mistake is highly welcome

Therefore....start working towards 2019.

Army coups only make things worse.

Bad democracy is still BETTER than good army rule.
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by GBAGAAUN(m): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2016
Justdulla:

una just open una mouth dey talk coup anyhow.....who wan do any coup? u think if the military gets back in power you will have this sort of freedom of speech to write thrash on nairaland....keep praying for coup oo when it hits u,sorry wud be ur name

I am not a proponent of forceful transition of governments. However,coup does happen. Democracy was truncated twice in Nigeria at different periods it was thought a coup was impossible.
Coup d'etat doesn't occur as a result of prayers and you equally can't wish one away. A coup happens when soldiers feel the Commander-in-Chief is incompetent and incapacitated in relation to the state of the nation. Nigeria is at the precipice and there are fears of an implosion.

A coup d'etat might happen unless the government reaches out to all stakeholders and seek to unite all ethnic interests. The slaughters of Agatu and Nimbo are fresh in mind. The invasion of Oporoza too. There are soldiers retired and serving from these areas. Threats of extinction from Fulani nomadic herdsmen is enough provocation for an insurrection.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by ndcide(m): 8:56am On Jun 25, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I am responding to you comment for the second time...to tell you this.

Nigerians agreed to the overthrow of the First republic.....and we still had crisis

Nigerians agreed to the overthrow of the Second Republic...and our economic and social problems did not improve.

I never liked the PDP. I was opposed to them since 1999. But if someone had suggested we overthrow them since 1999...because of crisis (and there was crisis in the PDP's governance since 1999.....Sharia, militancy, etc....all these problems we face did not start last year).....I WOULD HAVE SAID A BIG NO.

Same thig for this government....which I am not entirely fond of. (They refuse to make the hard decision to get us off our oil dependency).

So understand this.....I am for democracy, even if my enemy is in charge, even if everything is in crisis, even if problems dey.....I am for democracy....because I ain't going back to the days of rule by decree, disappearance of dissidents, and fear of being able to say what you wanted.I am for democracy. Say what you want....Army rule is NO solution.Our experiences in 1966-70, and 1983-1999 should have told us that.

Thank you.

I really didn't feel like responding to you. But please don't get it twisted.

People who celebrate ANY FORM OF EXECUTIVE RASCALITY because of "corruption" cannot in the same breath say they don't like military rule or they don't want a coup. I just does not add up. What you really want will be best served by the military.

People cannot condemn mob action in the streets yet would want mob actions for a politician. It's one and the same. It's the mindset of "buhari will lock you up" that people take to the streets.. Yes the politicians stole, yes, the man or woman killed by mob in the street stole too. We are breeding extremism, we are setting grounds for revenge and counter revenge. We are breeding cult-like systems in our society. We are not doing it with proper reorientation and tightening of systems. All the coup in the past were all hinged on corruption. ALL!

That's why I say, Yes at this rate, there will or can be a coup. The people in government know this fact that's why they are kind of apprehensive about the rumor.

That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Summons Top Commanders To Emergency Meeting by ivyy(f): 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2016
igboboy3:
Buhari fears a coup. That is the implication.
The Avengers were not bluffing.

Hi dear, please I need your vote and support in the thread below. It's the grand finale and you can o lyrics vote for one.

Just a minute of your time please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Voting format : "I vote ivyy cc Nljega ''

Just copy and paste the voting format into the thread. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Leaders Saying Buhari Will Contest In 2019 Are Sycophants – Charles Idahosa / It Is Time To Impeach Buhari – Fani-kayode / Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.