Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion (819 Views)

"Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists / At A Cross Roads About Religion? Hop In! / This Post Made Me Have A Deep Thought About Religion [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Religion has successfully made some people lose their ability to reason, their humanity and cultural heritage.
Africans have traded their culture for the white man's religion.

I have a family friend, she should be in her late 50s now . Her daughter got married to a pastor, Man of God. Through that, this woman became a dedicated worshipper at her daughter's church. Now in this church, they call the pastor and his wife "daddy/mummy".

Guys, can u need to see how this woman kneels down for her son in law and call him daddy. Then the so called daddy will lay hands on her and be praying "God bless this sister . In this same Africa, yoruba people for that matter.

Then the daughter too will be claiming mummy....
for what !!!!! all in the name of being a man of God. They have lost their African values completely.

Shame on the black race, shame on slavery mentality, shame on those who abandoned their culture to grace the white man's own. shame on all of you, you are not worthy to be children of the soil.

kingebukasblog KingEbukaNaija Muafrika2 winner01 come and see what your church has turned people to

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by sonofspada(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
You hav a grudge. . . Your problem undecided
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
sonofspada:
You hav a grudge. . . Your problem undecided
will u keep quiet and gerrout of this thread. it's your type that will kneel down for their son in law and call him daddy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by youngest85(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:

will u keep quiet and gerrout of this thread. it's your type that will kneel down for their son in law and call him daddy

As If Calling Daddy Guarantees Dem Heaven

3 Likes

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Ofemmanu1: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Youre the reason why they invented double doors.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
The mom/dad thing is can be a source of serious bondage. It's a way of subduing people's spirits and binding them to whoever they refer to as mom/dad. It's not Biblical.

Christ said not to call anyone father on this earth. He meant that kind of spiritual fatherhood.

But don't generalize. Besides, It's a recent phenomenon. Copied from TBN, just like the prosperity gospel.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Youre the reason why they invented double doors.
will you prostrate for your son in law and call him daddy?
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Ofemmanu1: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:
will you prostrate for your son in law and call him daddy?
If i gave you a kobo for your thoughts, i'd get change. Grow up.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

If i gave you a kobo for your thoughts, i'd get change.
Grow up.
To your honour, our ancestor....may u live long for us, to entertain with your gullibility.
Answer the simple question old timer...
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Ofemmanu1: 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:

To your honour, our ancestor....may u live long for us, to entertain with your gullibility.
Answer the simple question old timer...
I have neither the time nor crayons to explain my answer to you.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

I have neither the time nor crayons to explain my answer to you.
lol, NL with people feeling so important and full of themselves...old timer, kindly pick up ur walking stick and bounce out of the thread.

1 Like

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Ofemmanu1: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:

lol, NL with people feeling so important and full of themselves...old timer, kindly pick up ur walking stick and bounce out of the thread.
Ordinarily people live and learn, you just live.
If your brains was a dynamite, it wouldnt be enough to blow your nose.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Ordinarily people live and learn, you just live. If your brains was a dynamite, it wouldnt be enough to blow your nose.
aiit aiit alryt....you win
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
This Is Something We See Everyday Religion Is The Number One Cause Of Marriage Failure In Nigeria A Woman Will Abandon Her Hubby And Prefer To Server Her PASTOR
otemanuduno Come And Explain With Ur Doctrine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Ofemmanu1: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:

aiit aiit alryt....you win
Go and SIN no more.
St.upidy is sin.
#BeSmart.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Go and SIN no more. St.upidy is sin. #BeSmart.
lol
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by otemanuduno: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:
Religion has successfully made some people lose their ability to reason, their humanity and cultural heritage.

I have a family friend, she should be in her late 50s now . Her daughter got married to a pastor, Man of God. Through that, this woman became a dedicated worshipper at her daughter's church. Now in this church, they call the pastor and his wife "daddy/mummy".

Guys, can u need to see how this woman kneels down for her son in law and call him daddy. Then the so called daddy will lay hands on her and be praying "God bless this sister . In this same Africa, yoruba people for that matter.

for what !!!!! all in the name of being a man of God. They have lost their African values completely.

Shame on the black race, shame on slavery mentality, shame on those who abandoned their culture to grace the white man's own. shame on all of you, you are not worthy to be children of the soil.

kingebukasblog KingEbukaNaija Muafrika2 winner01 come and see what your church has turned people to

The easiest way of making money and earning prestige is

Get a suit, get a big Bible, rent an uncompleted building(for a start) and call yourself a MAN OF GOD. DAH'S ALL. The likes of Muafrika2 and Mrzenographer will likely end up doing such deceptive thing(that's if the aren't already doing it).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
otemanuduno:

Get a suit, get a big Bible, rent an uncompleted building(for a state) and call yourself a MAN OF GOD. DAH'S ALL. The likes of Muafrika2 and Mrzenographer will likely end up doing such deceptive thing(that's if the aren't already doing it).
hehehe
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
otemanuduno:

Get a suit, get a big Bible, rent an uncompleted building(for a state) and call yourself a MAN OF GOD. DAH'S ALL. The likes of Muafrika2 and Mrzenographer will likely end up doing such deceptive thing(that's if the aren't already doing it).

"Pastor" Otem,

Are you making a confession here as a UFO evangelist?
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by winner01(m): 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
realmindz:

Instead of looking for the slightest chance you get to blame religion for man's stupidity and seek the support of fellow atheists, You should seek time to discuss with your family friends cos clearly they got serious issues. This attempt to blame christianity is dead on arrival and not worthy of attention.

"Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”-1 Peter 5:5

These are the words of prophets who walked with Christ.

So i suggest you talk sense to your family friends instead of taking advantage of the situation to mock religion.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
It's always been......

People treat religious figures with Awe and fear for they "battle with dark forces".....

It's shit, but hey,

that's religion....

1 Like

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 6:06am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:
Instead of looking for the slightest chance you get to blame religion for man's stupidity and seek the support of fellow atheists, You should seek time to discuss with your family friends cos clearly they got serious issues. This attempt to blame christianity is dead on arrival and not worthy of attention.

"Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”-1 Peter 5:5

These are the words of prophets who walked with Christ.

So i suggest you talk sense to your family friends instead of taking advantage of the situation to mock religion.
ok thank you, but they are too indoctrinated to that belief to be advised, jst as u see me as being inspired by devil and being a fool when I advise u out of common reasoning of things u are indoctrinated into, same way dey will see me as an instrument of the devil if I try to advise them. so thanks anyway....

Moral of the story: Religion has made everyone to do what they were told regardless of what is right..

1 Like

Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by winner01(m): 9:40am On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

ok thank you, but they are too indoctrinated to that belief to be advised, jst as u see me as being inspired by devil and being a fool when I advise u out of common reasoning of things u are indoctrinated into, same way dey will see me as an instrument of the devil if I try to advise them. so thanks anyway....

Moral of the story: Religion has made everyone to do what they were told regardless of what is right..
The belief that she must bow to her son-in-law?undecided. I just gave a verse to point out that stupidity but "common reasoning" has made you not to see that.
You are so desperate. Refrain from quoting me please.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by realmindz: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2016
winner01:
The belief that she must bow to her son-in-law?undecided. I just gave a verse to point out that stupidity but "common reasoning" has made you not to see that.
You are so desperate. Refrain from quoting me please.
chai e pain am!!!! but seriously guy, ur anger has washed off ur thinking faculty. jst calm down and re-read. I did not dispute the bible verse u quoted. I only raised a point
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by Richirich713: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2016
It aint a white man's religion.
Re: One Very Pathetic Thing About Religion by sonofspada(m): 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2016
realmindz:

your opinion , ur fooly entitled to it .

(1) (Reply)

Should A "Born-again" Christian Do The "Traditional" Marriage? / Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia,eid On Wednesday / My Strange Rosicrucian Uncle Doesnt Eat Anything That Breaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.