Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. (12460 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Leading PDP After Results In 11 Seats~The Cable / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable / Photos From The APC National Caucus Meeting Held On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by dragonking2: 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
wordproof:
It's noteworthy to categorically state that Biafra encompasses south-east, south-south, and part of middle belt!..and not only "south-east", we are part of Biafra(Delta state). Please take note!
please stop adding delta State to biafra abeg
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by amaechi1: 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
truefact:

Nobody will convince you, besides, nobody can ever convince a zombie. .. the best you can do is to naturalize in yoruba or hausa land... biafra does not need people like you

There you go again. Simple moral teaches us not to insults. I may be older than you. From the part of east I came from I was though not to call people names. What I am asking is a simple and constructive explanation in what you believe in.
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by JimiOgunlola: 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
ofeoil:

Yoruba delusion amazes me. I wonder if they have a normal brain or human.

U are talking about these guys right?

Wait you mean those guys facing armed soldiers fearlessly are Biafran? Jesu!
I'm marvelled by the bravery of Easterners! Damn! shocked
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by larryUG(m): 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
PentiumPro:
The Biafrans must leave every inch of Yorubaland, referendum or no referendum, they've overstayed their welcome in our midst
When u r done barking like a dog u keep quiet. If u can sustain urselves how come una dey work offshore in d N delta. Go chase dem now from no man's land. Rubbish. When they are being commissioners and winning elections in lag u r here online feelin like lion while u r a kitten in reality

7 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
amaechi1:

Every nation is a product of the people. If you do yours and I do mine this very nation will be better. We have abandon our civil responsibilities and watch the those who has been representing us from east to play the card of ethnicity and bigotry just for their selfish interest. Now the table has turn against them, they remember Biafra and restructuring. They should restructure their attitude towards our public funds and fight for our interest not theirs. When you don't support their selfish desires they brand you all sorts of names.

You're an imposter, stop claiming to be Igbo. Be proud of your yoruba heritage.

13 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by BlackSeptember: 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
amaechi1:

30 % potentials. My brother between 1994-2001, Aba and Onitsha were known for shoe and belt production. People come different countries to buy. But some us who romance their way to corridor 2of power liaise with the power that be to lift the ban on the importation of those items to that they can import from Italy or Spain for quick turn over. Aba and Onitsha industries went under.

it may surprise to know that when west were busy offering scholarship for the children to school to reshape their future, most our parent would prefer her wards to go and learn trade for quick money.

It may surprise to note that during ObJ leadership, the Igbo were strategically place in most ministry as minster, we did not complain. But for 16 years, Enugu- Onitsha road did not receive attention. Rather, our political class were busy struggling for oil and gas business in Sao tome etc.

Our brother prof bath Nnaji from Enugu state- Minister of power was at the verge of solving the power issue, but our own from SS/SE due to their selfish interest muscle him away. The rest is history.

My brother, remember our region is land lock and most of people has invested outside the Igbo land. How would survive is the bubble show burst. God forbid. The early 60s to 70s is different now. Let ask our leader to tell us the truth and face good governace with the little we have and gunning for the big and fail completely.

Buy and selling from china or outside country will not grow your region, r
Onitsha shoe production? Are you sure you. Are Igbo cos Onitsha is never known for artisans rather commerce

8 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by White007(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
truefact:

Nobody will convince you, besides, nobody can ever convince a zombie. .. the best you can do is to naturalize in yoruba or hausa land... biafra does not need people like you

Do you actually believe that "aboki" guy is Igbo? Lol, pls don't allow him fool you, that guy is not even Yoruba, he is 100% almanjiri from the north.

5 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
A referendum is illegal to the Nigerian constitution. Any president including Buhari who contemplates it must go through with a constitutional amendment to insert a breakaway clause, otherwise that president risks impeachment. On the other hand, it is possible to raise a military standard against the Nigerian armed forces, defeat her in battle and achieve a separate state. The referendum go hard
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by josephni12: 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
kropotkin2:
A referendum is illegal to the Nigerian constitution. Any president including Buhari who contemplates it must go through with a constitutional amendment to insert a breakaway clause, otherwise that president risks impeachment. On the other hand, it is possible to raise a military standard against the Nigerian armed forces, defeat her in battle and achieve a separate state. The referendum go hard

but I think referendum is not in UK's Constitution but for sake of peace and how civilized they are, they gave if a try so Nigeria should learn from her colonial master so that peace will reign

4 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Okekeni90(m): 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Is dat wot dey ask u? Simple question nd u are here attacking ibos.......direct ur frustration elsewhere my broda
Fairytales:
Let the Igbos get out of Nigeria, they wont be missed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
josephni12:

but I think referendum is not in UK's Constitution but for sake of peace and how civilized they are, they gave if a try so Nigeria should learn from her colonial master so that peace will reign
The constitution of the UK is not a rigid one as Nigeria's, one of the stark contrasts between a parliamentary and presidential system of government. In the UK the laws passed by parliament in conjunction with customs and traditions that are ever revolving form the constitution, but in presidential climes constitutions are rigid, written documents that must be adhered to with strict conformance. Nigeria practices the latter form
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by TheEclectic: 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
YES! No time to explain because we have too many block heads on NL.
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by SlayerSupreme: 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
amaechi1:

I don't need to swear by anything. My state of origin Enugu from Nkanu east
Obu na iburo onye igbo,itetakwana echi. isee!
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by SlayerSupreme: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
Eastlink:
Don't worry Biafra isn't going with your Ijaw lands. You'll definitely stay in your ND republic. Biafra shall be a country of mutual consent groups. Peeps like my folks in Rivers, the Akwa/Cross folks and other minority groups with a mutually agreed constitution that allows every group controls its resources, regional government and so much more. Militant and unproductive groups are not needed in the new country, but civilized and hardworking fellas. Thanks
God bless you nwanne

2 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by SlayerSupreme: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lemme add my vote : A resounding YES!
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
diegwu01:
I am certain 95% of those that have said YES live in Lagos and Abuja...

You mean all these people lives in Abuja and Lagos.

Kontiniu

8 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Goahead(m): 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nigeria is a failed entity, bring on the referendum!

1 Like

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
amaechi1:

Nwabodo
You claim to be an Indigene of Enugu, what's the meaning this thing you wrote?

5 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
nkemjacob2:
(1) how many states make up d biafrans, (2) even d so called biafrans re not organise (what is the meaning of ipob, massob, ohandeze) (3) d so called biafrans leaders/senators are d pple betraying d biafrans agitators/freedom fighters (dey wud have pass d bill to d senate assembly) wit all these how can biafrans be achieved, how can there been referredum. D biafrans freedom fighters shud go home and sleep or re called their senators or leaders in their various location to me they re making noise.
Product of free education.
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by sleepingTROUBLE: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
amaechi1:

Every nation is a product of the people. If you do yours and I do mine this very nation will be better. We have abandon our civil responsibilities and watch the those who has been representing us from east to play the card of ethnicity and bigotry just for their selfish interest. Now the table has turn against them, they remember Biafra and restructuring. They should restructure their attitude towards our public funds and fight for our interest not theirs. When you don't support their selfish desires they brand you all sorts of names.
Go and do that preaching to rampaging fulani herdsmen from "Libya"

3 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by sleepingTROUBLE: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
amaechi1:

Go and do that preaching to the rampaging fulani herdsmen from "Libya"

3 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Bespiel: 12:11am On Jun 25, 2016
Needless
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Ejanla07: 12:16am On Jun 25, 2016
amaechi1:

30 % potentials. My brother between 1994-2001, Aba and Onitsha were known for shoe and belt production. People come different countries to buy. But some us who romance their way to corridor of power liaise with the power that be to lift the ban on the importation of those items to that they can import from Italy or Spain for quick turn over. Aba and Onitsha industries went under.

it may surprise to know that when west were busy offering scholarship for the children to school to reshape their future, most our parent would prefer her wards to go and learn trade for quick money.

It may surprise to note that during ObJ leadership, the Igbo were strategically place in most ministry as minster, we did not complain. But for 16 years, Enugu- Onitsha road did not receive attention. Rather, our political class were busy struggling for oil and gas business in Sao tome etc.

Our brother prof bath Nnaji from Enugu state- Minister of power was at the verge of solving the power issue, but our own from SS/SE due to their selfish interest muscle him away. The rest is history.

My brother, remember our region is land lock and most of people has invested outside the Igbo land. How would survive is the bubble show burst. God forbid. The early 60s to 70s is different now. Let ask our leader to tell us the truth and face good governace with the little we have and gunning for the big and fail completely.

Buy and selling from china or outside country will not grow your region, r

well-spoken..

unfortunately the igbo identity u ve been claiming have been debunked by no other than yourself..

watch your last paragraph.
your hatred for Igbo made you for get to use our. instead you rightly used your region.. because you are not Igbo

ife eji abu igbo erika..

the argument used used is same stale lines the yo-yo use against Igbo giants. ask tunde bakare. he sef dey see dem for dream

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by JonSnow(m): 12:17am On Jun 25, 2016
amaechi1:

Nwabodo

oh my Jingles! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 12:41am On Jun 25, 2016
kropotkin2:

See pain-ment.

3 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by naijacampu(m): 2:27am On Jun 25, 2016
amaechi1:
How I wish the over rated Biafra issue will be put to e referendum, people will be shocked that most Igbo would rather stay in as Nigeria. Definitely, my vote will not go Biafra. I would rather prefer our greedy politician to restructure their appetite to our public fund.

I have already develop tough skin, because I know some of my brothers will start to insulting themselves not me now.
If you are an Igbo as you claimed, for every anti-Biafra like you is 100 pro-Biafrans and will referendum be carried out, the result of people's choice will put your likes to bed.

2 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 25, 2016
TheOnlyWiseMan:

See pain-ment.
Bros referendum will never happen except after a lengthy, inconclusive violent cataclysm. God forbid it
Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by naijacampu(m): 2:46am On Jun 25, 2016
OMAR12:
I say yes ooo in fact most igbos would troop down to the east to vote, now those of u asking about the properties of the igbos that can be found in other region and what will become of it, are u also telling me that the investment of multi-national non nationals will also be abandoned, because they are also no nationals like the biafrans are going to be.
Don't mind them, they are bitter because they have sold their properties to Igbo people and are looking to take it back. Can't eat your cake and have it back is a wise saying...

5 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by naijacampu(m): 2:49am On Jun 25, 2016
ajepako:
l am Yoruba and l fully support the lbos if they choose to have Biafra..

For goodness sake this one Nigeria bullshiiit isnt working anymore except we choose to lie to each other..

lf they want their sovereign state , then let them have it..

Abi na by force to remain married to a spouse you dont love anymore?

Eyin omo lbo, mo wa leyin yin jare...

Thanks for this, I like honest people.

5 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by oladele239(m): 4:02am On Jun 25, 2016
I am yoruba and I fully support the independence of biafra I that's what will end all this issh!

5 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by horlus(m): 4:12am On Jun 25, 2016
A big yes

2 Likes

Re: POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:15am On Jun 25, 2016
wordproof:
It's noteworthy to categorically state that Biafra encompasses south-east, south-south, and part of middle belt!..and not only "south-east", we are part of Biafra(Delta state). Please take note!
This is where you'll have a problem with the rest of the country. I think a Referendum should be done when everyone is on the same page over who can/cant vote and (potential) boundaries are defined and agreed upon. I would advice the agitators to focus on the CORE Ibo states to advance their push.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Otti: Igbo Presidency Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problems / Wike: Ayu Worked Against My Emergence As PDP Presidential Candidate / Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.