Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear (711 Views)

Boy Bursts Into Tears After Being Caught During Failed Robbery In Delta. Photo / Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect / Female Robbery Gang Arrested In Rivers State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by Deputyvictor(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Armed robbery has taken a new dimension in Nigeria especially Lagos given the abundant ATMs in Lagos, Armed robbers now visit ATMs on Friday evenings so as to forcefully collect the ATM cards and PIN codes of customers.

They approach you with a smile while you are attempting to make a transaction, display their guns and also point to their colleagues around in case you attempt to play smart by refusing or screaming.

They then collect your ATM cards and ask for your PIN codes. They confirm the PIN there to know if it’s fake.

Their intention is to withdraw at least the Bank ATM withdrawal limit of #100,000 daily between that Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They do this criminal act on Friday evenings when they know Banks had closed for the day and are on weekend break.

They know majority of Nigerians don’t have the phone numbers of their Account Officers or any staff in their bank and as such can’t place a call to have their ATM card blocked by the bank until 7am Monday morning when banks resume.

❖ Withdrawal via ATMs should be done at most Friday afternoon when banks are still open.❖ Avoid withdrawing on weekends especially on lonely and relatively less secure environments. ❖ A lady at gunpoint had 3 of her ATM cards snatched, her PIN collected with a total of #680,000 withdrawn between❖ Friday and Sunday night from her three accounts via ATM.

Please be careful and be wise.

Remember, when gun speaks, humans stop speaking. You may withdraw on weekends when and only if you have very little cash in your account.

Be careful and act safely

let's stop withdrawing on weekends especially on lonely and relatively less secure environments.
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by 4reala(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Tnx for d info
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by HiggsBoson(m): 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for this op. Where Lalasticlala sef. You no go see am when you need am. Him go Dey somewhere Dey view snake thread be that ooo...

Guys, pls let us vote Lanicky tomorrow. She is a deserving candidate. God bless
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by HiggsBoson(m): 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
Oga 4reala, deputyvictor, shey I fit mention you tomorrow for the voting process? I take God beg you, we need your support. #TeamLanicky needs you
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by 4reala(m): 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
HiggsBoson:
Oga 4reala, deputyvictor, shey I fit mention you tomorrow for the voting process? I take God beg you, we need your support. #TeamLanicky needs you
ok
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by Deputyvictor(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
HiggsBoson:

OK ooo
but You need to tell me more how it's been done to get my support, coz I've not for once been a partaker
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by HiggsBoson(m): 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
4reala:
ok
Thanks so much oga. I will give you a mention tomorrow. God bless you.
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by Emeka71(m): 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
I think the banking system should introduce self-controlled internet banking which customers can block thier account by themselves this can go a long way sad + I'm Emeka 7 and I endorse ivyy for miss Nairaland Forum 2016 voting is tomorrow (Saturday from 10:00 - 6:00 in the fashion section) have a lovely weekend . smiley
Re: Latest Robbery Tactice In Town Bewear by buharisbae(f): 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lol we shouldn't withdraw on weekend again

(1) (Reply)

Hausa Youths Attack School In Agege Lagos, Beat Up Principal & Teacher / Photo: 23-year-old Nigerian Student Stabbed In India While Waiting For A Taxi / READ How Six-man Gang Were Nabbed While Sharing Loot In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.