Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect (42171 Views)

Counsel Withdraws As Offa Banks’ Robbery Suspects Are Arraigned / 'Disappearance’ Of Michael Adikwu And Kayode Opadokun: Offa Bank Robbers / Photo Of Wanted Suspects Of Offa Banks Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by olabisimichael: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
…family sources reveal past criminal exploits
*Father keeps mum
*How 18-yr-old gang member was nabbed at popular hotel in Ilorin
*Amidst bullets rain, we hid inside bank basement – Microfinance officials narrate narrow escape

By Adebayo Olodan, Mumini Abdulkareem, Ahmed Ajikobi and Kayode Adeoti

Released from prison three months ago after serving only eight months of his jail term for armed robbery, he was however arrested few days ago in connection with Offa Banks robbery and a barrette pistol and six (6) rounds of live ammunition recovered from him.
He was described by the police as a notorious 35-year-old armed robber who has opened up on the roles he played in the bloodletting incident, which led to the reported death of over 30 policemen and civilians in penultimate Thursday’s robbery attack in Offa. The suspect is Kayode Opadokun, an indigene of Offa and the first and only son of former Secretary of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), Chief Ayo Opadokun.
In a telephone interview with this medium last night, a member of the family who does not want his name in print disclosed that Kayode for years has remained a pain in the neck for his activist father.

According to the family source, Kayode’s father almost disowned him for being the ‘black sheep’ in the family but for the intervention of relatives.

“Being an activist, Chief Opadokun left his three children and only wife, who retired as headmistress in Offa, while he was based in Lagos.

“I think part of the problem was that he had little time to check on them, especially during the Gen Sani Abacha’s regime when members of NADECO were often arrested.
“Kayode is the second child and the first and only son of his father. Suddenly, he started smoking Indian hemp and taking alcohol among other things, a development that got his parents worried especially his father who at a time almost disowned the boy but for the intervention of relatives,” he disclosed.

Speaking further, the source said Kayode’s parents secured admission for him at a private university in the country but he dropped out of school.

More on http://thenationalpilot.ng/offa-banks-robbery-son-of-nadeco-chieftain-ayo-opadokun-among-arrested-suspects/

2 Shares

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by foliman(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
What if this makes front page?

NYSC why?
What a boring life here that I have to key with my phone at all time which has made me FTC for 4 consecutive times in less than 48hours.

I'm finishing my service year by June, can anyone just help with something I can do immediately after my service year?

I'm a graduate of architecture and I'm good at graphics design too.... Please help me out. I resides in Lagos!

You can reach me here: 08069094736, liveoffoli35@gmail.com

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by ayourbamie: 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
And some ppl will read this long epistle o. yawns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by kaykay1980: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
OK will talk when i wake up
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
How was he identified through that blurred pictures?Chinko made CCTV.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by femolacqua(m): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please cut the long story short, kilo shele Kan kan?
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by ifyalways(f): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
He never finished his previous jail term.

Well, hope he faces the music squarely this time around.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by ultimateyankee: 2:41am On Apr 18, 2018
Aiye cult group members associating with armed robbers self. This how they robbed phones and
And other valuables in my community.

19 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Jabioro: 3:46am On Apr 18, 2018
Psalm 119 episode 35

3 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 18, 2018
Fake news. The robber escaped from offa. There is no way they would have gone back to ilorin. Not every one is stupid abeg. Dem just go round up ex criminals

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 18, 2018
Too long to read this early morning,
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by phemmyfour: 6:02am On Apr 18, 2018
Still reading...
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by rusher14: 6:11am On Apr 18, 2018
Tochyodiks:
Too long to read this early morning,
It's not long just a repetition over and over again.

5 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by ekkywolex(m): 6:21am On Apr 18, 2018
Bring up your children well, Opadokun obviously failed at home.

3 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Raintaker(m): 6:54am On Apr 18, 2018
How is he 18 and 35 years old at the same time?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by sylviaeo(f): 7:13am On Apr 18, 2018
BCUZ NA YOUR COLLEGUE PIKIN, YOU NO CALL AM ARMED ROBBER BUT RAGAMUFFIN. RAGAMUFFINS DEY KILL ABI. SMH FOR NIGERIA ELITES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by antocraxy: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2018
Heart breaking I must say...

1 Like

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

It's not long just a repetition over and over again.
sleep still dey my eye, thank God the mod wey move am to front page don release the short version
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Flokey: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2018
cheesy. Afonjas and bank robbery

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Sarang(f): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2018
grin shocked

Please check out my signature
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by TreasuredGlory: 8:59am On Apr 18, 2018
Good family name built over the years gone in the drain. May God give us good children in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by ZarahBuhari: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2018
How could one person be 18 year old and 35 years old at the same time

This tales is cooked up as usual by the police just to earned that We're doing our job effectively title

4 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Lexusgs430: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2018
Police work, when they only want to.......

Death sentence for all involved......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Fogman(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2018
Family black sheep
Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by bettercreature(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Raintaker:
How is he 18 and 35 years old at the same time?
They used law of indices grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Firefire(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Get the location of his gang members and ensure the terrorist is killed. Oloriburuku Omo aale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 18, 2018
That is the problem with activisim....the children are not paid attention to at all

Dad was busy with the struggle...and had no time for the children...and one of them decided to become a thug.

5 Likes

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by Nairalane: 9:02am On Apr 18, 2018
Remembers this Kayode Falope's song:
Ranti Omo eni ti iwo ise o
Ranti Omo eni ti iwo ise o,
Ranti ibi ti won ti bi e,
Ati Ile to ti jade wa,
Ranti Omo eni ti iwo ise o

1 Like

Re: Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect by annnikky(f): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2018
Hope he is not coming back this time around

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pregnant Lagos Beautician Beats Maid To Death / Little Boy Selling Pure Water At The University Of Abuja Spotted By Nairalander / Ogun Female Lecturer Beats Robbers To Their Game. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.