Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (6323 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo / Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
akintom:

Then you don't believe the Bible.
Because these disrespectful adjectives with which you call out non Christian, were prescribed by the bible you claimed revealed the Truth.

Do you folks really take time off, from all these religiosity, to think through these whole crap, called god and religion?

Quote the words that the Bible prescribed. Don't just say it
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by akintom(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
Junia:

Quote the words that the Bible prescribed. Don't just say it

According to the book of christards:

* he that doesn't believe in the nazarene is condemned, and shall perish in hell.

* a fool says in his heart that there's no Jewish doG.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
akintom:

According to the book of christards:

* he that doesn't believe in the nazarene is condemned, and shall perish in hell.

* a fool says in his heart that there's no Jewish doG.

Maybe this should be directed to another fool.
Im not a christard.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by akintom(m): 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
Junia:
Maybe this should be directed to another fool. Im not a christard.
You gat no sense of humor at all. Relax! The bible is a book of bad jokes.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
akintom:

You gat no sense of humor at all. Relax! The bible is a book of bad jokes.
Thats to you man.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by akintom(m): 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Junia:
Thats to you man.
What is it to you man?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
akintom:
What is it to you man?
I thought you understand all things. I should understand what i wrote
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by genitori(m): 5:23am On Mar 04, 2017
JESUS IS GOD
I know must of you will not believe that he is God because you do not believe in the Holy Trinity which is a mystery ;it's beyond human reasoning.
To save time and avoid lengthy sermon -to those of you who think Jesus is not God- go and read the gospel of John 1:1-18 :if you do not have it in your Bible u may contact me.
NB: However, note that the "w" in Word is written in upper case which makes it mean that it is not just word-the thints we say- bt a proper noun -a name of a person.
Let me just quote some parts of this Bible passage for the sake of those who do not have Bible or those who do not have the time to begin to "flip" through it. John 1: "...the Word was God...through him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him...the Word became human being and,... lived among us. We saw his glory, the glory which he received as the Father's only Son. ...No one has ever seen God. The only Son, WHO IS THE SAME AS GOD and is at the Father's side , he has made known. " GOODNEWS BIBLE
I believe the above quotation has said it all but if you still insist, no P, but I will suggest you massage me privately for the sake of those whose faith is not strong - let's not cause them to be confused.

Thank you.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by orunto27: 5:41am On Mar 04, 2017
He knows when He's returning. The Timing is entirely His to decide.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Jozzy4: 9:00am On Mar 04, 2017
Junia:

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

He no get proof for his lies,
"
But the three of them are one (God) " grin grin

The quoted verse didnt say these three are "One God" , did it ?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 04, 2017
Jozzy4:

He no get proof for his lies,
"
But the three of them are one (God) " grin grin

The quoted verse didnt say these three are "One God" , did it ?
The Trinity is one God existing in three Persons. Understand that this is not in any way suggesting three Gods.

Unbelieverrs and atheist will never understand this.
We know the truth and we stick by it.
We don't follow human wisdom because it is all nonsense

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Jozzy4: 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Junia:

[s]
The Trinity is one God existing in three Persons. Understand that this is not in any way suggesting three Gods.

Unbelieverrs and atheist will never understand this.
We know the truth and we stick by it.
We don't follow human wisdom because it is all nonsense

[/s]

abeg show me from the Bible where it says " the three of them are ONE GOD " ? grin grin
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by timiawe123: 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
See all the passages where Jesus promised to return during the lifetime of his followers:

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.“ (Luke 21:27-32)

But Jesus kept silent and the high priest said to Him, “I adjure you by the living God, that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God.” Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.“” (Matthew 26: 63, 64)

Jesus also said that a sign of the second coming was that the stars will fall from the sky. We all know that is impossible and that stars are light years away and are even far larger than our sun.

But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. (Matthew 24:39)

As an ex christian I've read the Bible and seen the countless contradictions.
Feelings are not equal to facts, the way you feel about the bible does not make it true. Its all an illusion.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
Jozzy4:

abeg show me from the Bible where it says " the three of them are ONE GOD " ? grin grin

What did the Bible mean by saying the three of them are one ??
I don't have to even mind you. You just don't know what to say again so you are trying to twist stuffs

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by timiawe123: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
Our Christian brothers, please I need you to comment on my previous post. Thanks
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by sonmvayina(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
have they proved that he has come the first time?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Jozzy4: 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
Junia:

What did the Bible mean by saying the three of them are one ??
I don't have to even mind you. You just don't know what to say again so you are trying to twist stuffs

Dont be irrational, The same Bible said A husband and wife are ONE . so ONE doesnt means God . to show you , you are the one who twist "one" to equal "one God " . liar

in cases where It implies one God , it spells it out e.g 1 Cor 8:6 it says for us there is ONE GOD , the Father . can u see how it clearly spell it so wake up from your religious slumber
in other case like Ephesians 6:4 it says the One God and Father of all . can u see how it spell out One God directly

oga , show me where it said the three of them are one God ? as u implied here

Junia

the three of them are one (God )

grin give me your proof for the above ?
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by timiawe123: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
Please, our Christian brethren, I'm still waiting for comments on my last post
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
Jozzy4:

Dont be irrational, The same Bible said A husband and wife are ONE . so ONE doesnt means God . to show you , you are the one who twist "one" to equal "one God " . liar

in cases where It implies one God , it spells it out e.g 1 Cor 8:6 it says for us there is ONE GOD , the Father . can u see how it clearly spell it so wake up from your religious slumber
in other case like Ephesians 6:4 it says the One God and Father of all . can u see how it spell out One God directly

oga , show me where it said the three of them are one God ? as u implied here

grin give me your proof for the above ?

The Bible says the three are one. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit have the same nature. But The Son and The Holy Spirit are subject to The Father.
The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God. Though we can understand some facts about the relationship of the different Persons of the Trinity to one another, ultimately, it is incomprehensible to the human mind. However, this does not mean the Trinity is not true or that it is not based on the teachings of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Jozzy4: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
Junia:

The Bible says the three are one. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit have the same nature. But The Son and The Holy Spirit are subject to The Father.
The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God. Though we can understand some facts about the relationship of the different Persons of the Trinity to one another, ultimately, it is incomprehensible to the human mind. However, this does not mean the Trinity is not true or that it is not based on the teachings of the Bible.

Good night man . until u get ur proof , keep ur ideas in ur pocket
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
Jozzy4:

Good night man . until u get ur proof , keep ur ideas in ur pocket
I wont keep it. I will share with others
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by oaroloye(m): 3:44am On Apr 13, 2017
SHALOM!

ettaetta:
If Jesus was God, why did He not know when He would return?"

many Christians firmly believe that Jesus is God, But
Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming, Matthew 24:36(and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Any bible Scholar here should throw more light on this.

Why do we care what "MANY CHRISTIANS" believe?

Why can't you identify them, and take it up with them?

The ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH invented the idea that JESUS IS GOD, so that they could say that THE COMMUNION WAFER is GOD, and justify WORSHIPPING the MONSTRANCE.

They need PAUL in The Bible, because PAUL LIED about YAHSHUA, and said:

. PHILIPPIANS 2:5-6.

5. Let this mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 . Who, being in the form of God,
thought it not robbery
to be equal with God:
7.. But made himself
of no reputation,
and took upon him
the form of a servant,
and was made
in the likeness of men:
8. And being found
in fashion as a man,
he humbled himself,
and became obedient unto death,
even the death of the cross.
9. Wherefore God also
hath highly exalted him,
and given him a Name
Which is above every Name:
10. That at the Name of Jesus
every knee should bow,
of things in Heaven,
and things in Earth,
and things under the Earth;
11. And that every tongue
should confess that

"JESUS CHRIST IS LORD,"

to The Glory of God The Father.

AS A PHARISEE, THIS WAS THE HIGHEST BLASPHEMY- and what he used to prosecute Christians and bring them bound as criminals to Jerusalem for execution.

After he had killed all the EYEWITNESSES of YAHSHUA'S RESURRECTION, he INFILTRted The Church to destroy it from within, by bringing NERO'S PERSECUTION upon it.
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Mty4real(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
I argued with a Christian and she continued mentioning Jesus is God but in human shape, can u imagine that myopic and mentally deluded person as one of the other Christians did call her. Pls christians counsel urselfs and let us no know if u are ready to accept the truth
Re: If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by yimnansunny: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
ettaetta:
If Jesus was God, why did He not know when He would return?"

many Christians firmly believe that Jesus is God, But
Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming, Matthew 24:36(and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Any bible Scholar here should throw more light on this.

Jesus is the Son of God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests / Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? / Was Jesus In The Grave For 3days And 3nights Literally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.