Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW (15253 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Emma606: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2016
Government should go into serious negotiations with those boys , if not so this nation will go 15years backward, I the government please

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by jewel2018: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2016
youngeagle:
Dullards in corridors of power,they didn't know all these before they took power...they should stop complaining and respect PDP joor
. I think we need to call this man an action name that can propel nigeria rather than calling him dullard. I pray you reach there and see how you sef go manage nigeria,remember to start from your family tho
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Clerverley2(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2016
All of you blaming pipeline vandals are hypocrites . Pipeline vandalism didn't start today. What did APC and Fashola say when the last government was complaining of the same issue? They called them incompetent. The last govt still managed to generate far more electricity than this inspite of the vandalisms.

10 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by ndigbo: 8:43am On Jun 26, 2016
justineu:
When u call someone who give u almost everytin 5perc and u still want to enjoy d goodies frm them..

Lesson learnt: don't insult the hand that feed u.

2.u can't eat your cake and still av it

I am sure you are enjoying the darkness! Please should all speak the truth! We complain that we don't have enough infrastructure, yet we still go ahead and destroy the ones they managed to put in place! Thereby putting the larger percentage of the public into untold hardship.

The government, which IPOB and NDA is trying to frustrate is directly telling on the massing which the officials sit in their government funded homes powered 24 hours on a diesel generator!

I will suggest they find a better way, in driving home their point, because, this, is nolonger funny! People ARE SUFFERING!
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by grandstar(m): 8:44am On Jun 26, 2016
omowolewa:
I join PMB in begging the NigerDelta Avengers.

Why did he go after Tompolo? Let sleeping dogs lie.

When there's a bull in a China shop, you gotta use sense!

7 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by thomasthomas: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2016
winningwinner:

Do you understand yourself? Are you sure you know what the word "infrastructure" means?
Anyway, I support you last paragraph, relocate the power "liability" out of Niger Delta and Nigeria will be "better"!
Infrastructure is a fat word! Oil and gas installations and pipelines, Power installations, Roads, Rails, Government buildings etc those are infrastructures and if they bomb oil and installations and pipelines, power installations is that not economic sabotage and take note these criminals have threaten to bomb Onitsha Asaba bridge, third mainland bridge etc which is not in the region they are crying about then I begin to wonder who these animals are?

Should we take such people serious? How can someone destroy the country's infrastructure and yet still complain of the outcome of his action? That's madness!

You need to drop all the sentiment let's call evil by its name. Major oil companies will not relocate to the volatile region get that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by tundexijim(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Stop making excuses.... Vandals don't need anyone's hailing to vandalize so whether they get a pat on the back or not they will do their thing.
Vandalism has been going on since 90's it is left for the government to protect its properties and if they can't then they have failed.

This may be Fashola's Monika...... Tunde is that you?

Yea this is Tunde.. Who is there?
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by EzeNri(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2016
tobimillar:
Thank God for the North and the middle belt that is still supplying us including the SS with power . Fashola should invest more in hydro power and all should be located in the middle belt or south west or NORTHERN Nigeria. Lots of Rivers in the West could be dammed. Shebi when they finally move all the investment away from South south, their eye go clear
And where will the money come from?

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Duru009(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Sit down with ur team and intiate policies and program dat will solve the problem.
And stop complaing n blaming Niger delta avengers for ur incompetence....

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Phonefanatic: 8:53am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:

Yea this is Tunde.. Who is there?

Well I hope I've flogged some sense into you now exit zombie mode and stop making excuses for incompetence.

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by oloriooko(m): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2016
Now the most clueless Fashola has come to realize that managing power in this nation is more complex that rocket science

To form madness no be the koko, na the wakawaka be the wahala

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Pesuzok(m): 8:59am On Jun 26, 2016
justineu:
When u call someone who give u almost everytin 5perc and u still want to enjoy d goodies frm them..

Lesson learnt: don't insult the hand that feed u.

2.u can't eat your cake and still av it

so has the hand fed you either?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Ijaya123: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2016
rotimileke:
We warned all men of goodwill about the dangers of voting the dullard but the ethnic and religious bigoted ones like omenka et al lead us to this present precarious situation in Nigeria. The current government cannot maintain the over 5000 megawatts of electricity inherited from the previous regime. The true change we were seeking for was aborted on the 28th of March 2015.
May God bless the Otueke born democrat and the Hero of our democracy GEJ

Please let us know the date the 5000 megawatts was achieved by the previous regime.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by tundexijim(m): 9:04am On Jun 26, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Well I hope I've flogged some sense into you now exit zombie mode and stop making excuses for incompetence.

**** A serious one I must say. Continue hailing them then and expect magic.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by justineu(m): 9:09am On Jun 26, 2016
Pesuzok:

so has the hand fed you either?
ya, by providing forex for economic growth and power.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Umamman(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2016
youngeagle:
Dullards in corridors of power,they didn't know all these before they took power...they should stop complaining and respect PDP joor
yes respect indeed........(r d vandalz breakin pipelines durin pdp 16years hardship?)
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by franudi: 9:17am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:
This is what u get when u hail pipeline vandals and want fashola to perform magic..
Pls don't blame the vandals, but the govt. We Nigerians need results not excuses. During GEJ period nobody listened to his reasons for failures. So Buhari should face his front and work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Chiznonso: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Nigerians don't understand the economic vitality of oil in the south south, Nigeria today is Oil and Oil alone, everything in Nigeria is Oil and Remittances from Nigerians in Diaspora finish, Nigerian Budget is Oil based and non-oil based, The dollar money used to fund imports that produces Custom Levy is derived from petrodollars. NIGERIA has a far higher percentage of revenue from onshore oil production than offshore. Buhari knows that if care isn't taken Avengers will entirely destroy his government and bankrupt companies that have borrowed to invest in Niger Delta and Power Companies, even if Avengers is caught others will arise and continue from where they stopped, is it not just dynamite?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by banme1(m): 9:20am On Jun 26, 2016
adeyemi2015:
The wailing Toads should channel their grievances to the Militants in the ND and stop blaming BRF!
Instead of condemning the senseless activities of the Militants, the Cockroaches are celebrating and encouraging them to put more efforts!
PMB should please grant the request of IPOB and NDA, let have a Referendum and allow the Baboons to have their own Country!
Britons are already regretting leaving the EU, I hope the Folks wouldn't regret and end up like South Sudan!
is there no gas in south west? Leave ND alone.

8 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Azeebi(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2016
Is this government not legitimate and sovereign? Whether pipeline is been vandalised or not, the solution remains theirs. A Hausaman in the name of Yar'adua fashioned out solution to this, while some stupid Yoruba and Hausa (not all) closed their eyes to the relity on ground about ethnic and regional diversity in the country in the name of APC, an alliance similar to 1963 NNA alliance that brought intop the fore military. If this oil was in the North or west, Nigeria would have been History.

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by gratiaeo(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said the only way the country can have stable electricity is to vote out the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from power in next year’s general election.
Fashola, who gave the counsel while marking his 2,600 days in office at an elaborate ceremony held at the Blue Roof of the Lagos Television premises, said electricity crisis in the country is caused by lack of ideas and insincerity of purpose on the part of Federal Government.
He said,” Yes I agree with you that it is possible to generate electricity and to make sure that everybody in this country has electricity, we have to do the right thing. But you know what, the only way that you and I will have electricity in this country will be to vote out the PDP.
” In 16 years hundreds of billions of naira have been spent and we cannot switch on electricity and in seven years we have created four plants. It shows that something is missing. So unless you vote for All Progressive Congress it is going to be difficult to have electricity.
“They started from vision 2020-20 and I told you then that they were having a nightmare, that there was no vision.
“They moved to seven point agenda and now they are transforming

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by banme1(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Enesi47:
don't mind useless people's, fuel scarcity always start from them, package water is 20 naira in River and bayersa state, 10 naira in lagos let them continue bombing
wail on bro.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2016
tobimillar:
Thank God for the North and the middle belt that is still supplying us including the SS with power . Fashola should invest more in hydro power and all should be located in the middle belt or south west or NORTHERN Nigeria. Lots of Rivers in the West could be dammed. Shebi when they finally move all the investment away from South south, their eye go clear
My brother, be sure of what ur saying ooo. Niger state alone has 3 power generating infrastructures yet we've not had power for upward of 2weeks.
It's been complete blackout here in Bida for 3weeks, and 1week at Minna and Kontagora. These are the biggest towns in Niger state, so what are we talking about?

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by SamMilla1(m): 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:
This is what u get when u hail pipeline vandals and want fashola to perform magic..

I guess pipeline vandals started under Fashola's regime.
I remember him shouting that it wasn't rocket science to generate and distribute electricity during GEJ.
Bunch of confused Hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by lastpage: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2016
youngeagle:

You IPADs said the was Buhari that made Boko haram to destroy GEJ Govt.

Now, GEJ has funded Criminals to destroy Buhari's Govt.

If Jonathan thinks we dont know he is the one behind all these vandalization and other criminality from the South East and Niger Delta, he is fooling himself.

His day of reckoning is approaching very fast.

We just need to tighten the noose further and properly.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by sammft99: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2016
Buhari is working....atleast we have changed from 3000mw to below 1500 mw......its changee

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by everozone: 9:36am On Jun 26, 2016
Bring Back GEJ .

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:

Pipeline vandals only started like 3 months ago. I've not had good light since last year July. Specifically since they increased price and gave me prepaid meter

Did vandals not disturb the last administration too?

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by banme1(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2016
tobimillar:
wail on bro. 5% making u cry

7 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by anonimi: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
lastpage:
You IPADs said the was Buhari that made Boko haram to destroy GEJ Govt.

Now, GEJ has funded Criminals to destroy Buhari's Govt.

If Jonathan thinks we dont know he is the one behind all these vandalization and other criminality from the South East and Niger Delta, he is fooling himself.

His day of reckoning is approaching very fast.
We just need to tighten the noose further and properly.

Lastpage!

Someone is in serious denial and needs a reminder.
Not to worry, I am here to help on Saintly Sunday grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/-94fjo4Rrwe8/VYYMH1qZ3eI/AAAAAAAAEg4/YQJPLvPXfq0/s400/buhari-military-offensive.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2187924_109594257360386431786094855946062713643445n1_jpeg55bd38bf3a3f99bb50f7d7b4bab1597b

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Sixfootah(m): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:
as tho it's only gas that can generate electricity... This what you get when start eating imported Aisha buhari jollof-rice of retardation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Buhari Comment: Pastor Bakare Is Becoming A Nuisance By Tunde Odesola / Tijani Umar: ₦1.3 Billion Approved For Villa Clinic Is Too Small / Anambra 2021: Maduka Penetrates Grassroots, Looks Good To Win Race To Agu Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.