Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW (15255 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by gratiaeo(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2016
APc is Nigeria major problem

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by teebillz: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2016
ndigbo:

I am sure you are enjoying the darkness! Please should all speak the truth! We complain that we don't have enough infrastructure, yet we still go ahead and destroy the ones they managed to put in place! Thereby putting the larger percentage of the public into untold hardship.

The government, which IPOB and NDA is trying to frustrate is directly telling on the massing which the officials sit in their government funded homes powered 24 hours on a diesel generator!

I will suggest they find a better way, in driving home their point, because, this, is nolonger funny! People ARE SUFFERING!

How can common IPOB and NDA make you suffer like that? Are you dependent on them in any way? Well, if you are, then learn to accord them the respect they deserve.

7 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2016
No power for over 2weeks & some irresponsible darkness minister keeps giving dumb xcuses/shifting goal post...nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by VERDA: 9:54am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:
Niger Delta Avengers cannot sabotage the country and still complain of underdevelopment! And people supporting them unintelligent and ignorant who do not know the consequences of their actions or they know but because they hate President Buhari so much they seem not to care. What a foolish way to think!

For those of you blaming Fashola I bet you, even if you are made the minister for power today there's nothing you can do so stop hiding behind the keyboard to sound important. Some people who complain about others don't achieve much themselves.

If I were the FG I will locate the nation's power infrastructure away from the region until they begin to be responsible. You cannot cry of underdevelopment and yet the few nation's infrastructure in your region are being bombed and destroyed! It's madness!

And how do you propose the government relocates the power infrastructure from the region?,what will be the road map and how long will it take? You really should not think like that. I have always been against the destruction of the nations infrastructures in any guise or form and not too happy a lot of people are cheering them on,even at their own expense,that goes to show you how deep ethnic sentiments has eaten into our nation,every wise leader both present and future must be fully aware of this and do his/her best not to create more devision,while I think the hatred directed at the president from certain people is unwarranted,he as the leader has by his words and certain actions created more devision and more problems for himself.In the future hopefully,most Nigerians should have reason above ethnic sentiments and look at the bigger picture,until then our leaders especially a president must be carefully of what he says.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Phonefanatic: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:

**** A serious one I must say. Continue hailing them then and expect magic.

Why is the government you are hailing not performing?

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Ghost447(m): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:
This is what u get when u hail pipeline vandals and want fashola to perform magic..
And whose responsibility it is to check the vandals? You, me or the government? What is the primary responsibility of government? I'm waiting for your answer(S)

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by jewel2018: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2016
youngeagle:
Dullards in corridors of power,they didn't know all these before they took power...they should stop complaining and respect PDP joor
to start looting afresh abi? Weldon
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Dinobi77: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2016
The govt of PMB isnt a proactive one. I could remember earlier this yr when i first heared od Avengers, were they not the group that hijacked a ship on high sea? They gave PMB's govt some months to reach to their demands. PMB called them bluffs, n now its hitting him hard. This govt would have found a way to resolve issues with the Avengers before things went out of hand, now hes begging. N to make matter worst he said hes gonna CRUSH them, who is crushing who now? Those who r close to him should let him knw if hes forgotten that this is a democratic govt n not a millitaey govt. Let him also retract his 97%/5% statement for it hurts.

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by blank(f): 10:04am On Jun 26, 2016
Egbin generating 111! I cannot believe this. Egbin is the biggest plant and it was previously generating 1100MW. The ST6 was generating an additional 110MW. What is going on?

This is rainy season where power generation should be at its peak.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by ceejay80s(m): 10:06am On Jun 26, 2016
Until dem start to sentence dem to death, vandalism won't stop, I miss babangida and abacha days in power
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by ceejay80s(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:
This is what u get when u hail pipeline vandals and want fashola to perform magic..

I be igbo guy , don't mind don't foolish igbos/niger delta wey no know wetin dem want, shebi fashola na magician,
Dem thinks say dem dey do fashola, the guy dey collect his salary every month ,weda u get light or not, e are the ones suffering it, many workers laid off, company's can't pay cos they burn diesel and fuel daily, our families and friends can't continue with their private business because the need light to work.... And some people will come to nairaland to vomit
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by thomasthomas: 10:10am On Jun 26, 2016
VERDA:

And how do you propose the government relocates the power infrastructure from the region?,what will be the road map and how long will it take? You really should not think like that. I have always been against the destruction of the nations infrastructures in any guise or form and not too happy a lot of people are cheering them on,even at their own expense,that goes to show you how deep ethnic sentiments has eaten into our nation,every wise leader both present and future must be fully aware of this and do his/her best not to create more devision,while I think the hatred directed at the president from certain people is unwarranted,he as the leader has by his words and certain actions created more devision and more problems for himself.In the future hopefully,most Nigerians should have reason above ethnic sentiments and look at the bigger picture,until then our leaders especially a president must be carefully of what he says.
The thing is people misunderstand the President's comments at times because of the deep hatred they have for him already. I'm sure you will want to refer to the percentage statement he made.

Nigerians are the only people in the world I see that feel that their leaders do not have emotions. The President only expressed the fact that some people gave him more support than others and so he can't treat everyone the same although he has also shown that he doesn't despise people who didn't quite support him. Even in the family setting, a child who washes the fathers car, washes and irons his clothes will not be treated like the one who doesn't do those things in the house and its not as if the father will dislike him but he won't get certian things the hardworking child will get that's how we human are esle there's no place for reward then meaning everyone should get equal whether they did something or not!

Don't forget there are other sources of power generation; coal, solar, hydro etc. But then I won't like to think like that but when the actions of these people get so annoying holding everyone to ransom then the FG will have to think differently. As for how long it will take, if we have good investors setting up solar farms in the north then Nigeria's electric problem will be close to finish.

Things like this doesn't help the country, people are just bent on interpreting the President's comments to cause disaffection in the society.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by OjukwuWarBird: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

My brother, be sure of what ur saying ooo. Niger state alone has 3 power generating infrastructures yet we've not had power for upward of 2weeks.
It's been complete blackout here in Bida for 3weeks, and 1week at Minna and Kontagora. These are the biggest towns in Niger state, so what are we talking about?

Don't mind the brown roofs people and their yeye orientation angry

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by dozymars(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2016
Power generation dropped drastically before the NDA bombing, have we forgotten so soon. They should stop giving us these excuses.

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by ndcide(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2016
The government has failed and it's left for their apologist to defend them blaming NDA. THESE people blamed GEJ for boko haram. These same people never voiced out about the vandals before now.

If the government can't do their work they should quit and let's have NDA as government. As it seems NDA know their jobs.

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by youngice(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2016
gsparks01:
surely giving us uninterrupted power can't be as difficult as it's been portrayed by every administration that has ruled Nigeria. Abi am I missing something?
No it's not so hard
Its worse
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Akpan107(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:
Those hailing the avenger are not the course of the damage. but the cluelessness of the APC led federal government is. you cant call the region who the coutry so much depend on for survival 5% and expect to see light the next day. by God's grace, that region is the light and economy base of the nation. treat them with respect!

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Michael333: 11:05am On Jun 26, 2016
tundexijim:

Bullshit!!! That's not d issue. D dull govt is unable to protect d pipelines.

All they give is excuses and empty threats. Zombies always looking excuses.

Pls what positive impact has this useless govt had in d life of d common man??

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Akpan107(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2016
ceejay80s:

I be igbo guy , don't mind don't foolish igbos/niger delta wey no know wetin dem want, shebi fashola na magician,
Dem thinks say dem dey do fashola, the guy dey collect his salary every month ,weda u get light or not, e are the ones suffering it, many workers laid off, company's can't pay cos they burn diesel and fuel daily, our families and friends can't continue with their private business because the need light to work.... And some people will come to nairaland to vomit
Stop talking like a clueless ignorant. did anyone say they are doing Fashola? Niger Deltan region said they need to take control of their resources or we should form regional system of government, where everyone will enjoy some level of independence to grow and develop... pls, do ask if dont know what the ppl of the region want.

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Michael333: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2016
ceejay80s:
Until dem start to sentence dem to death, vandalism won't stop, I miss babangida and abacha days in power

Silly comment!! How many Fulani herdsmen hv been sentenced to death?

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by VERDA: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:
The thing is people misunderstand the President's comments at times because of the deep hatred they have for him already. I'm sure you will want to refer to the percentage statement he made.

Nigerians are the only people in the world I see that feel that their leaders do not have emotions. The President only expressed the fact that some people gave him more support than others and so he can't treat everyone the same although he has also shown that he doesn't despise people who didn't quite support him. Even in the family setting, a child who washes the fathers car, washes and irons his clothes will not be treated like the one who doesn't do those things in the house and its not as if the father will dislike him but he won't get certian things the hardworking child will get that's how we human are esle there's no place for reward then meaning everyone should get equal whether they did something or not!

Don't forget there are other sources of power generation; coal, solar, hydro etc. But then I won't like to think like that but when the actions of these people get so annoying holding everyone to ransom then the FG will have to think differently. As for how long it will take, if we have good investors setting up solar farms in the north then Nigeria's electric problem will be close to finish.

Things like this doesn't help the country, people are just bent on interpreting the President's comments to cause disaffection in the society.

I agree with almost everything u have written apart from the part about the president treating the people that voted for him better than those that did not,that's wrong on every level,thats like telling people "you can vote whoever....but if u do not vote for me,you will be treated less ( second class to those that voted for me).Elections bring with it so much devisions but once it is over,the president elect must do everything to unite the country back and everyone must be treated equally.While deep down the president being human will naturally like those that voted for him better....A WISE PRESIDENT MUST NEVER SHOW IT,least of all even speak about it or act on it. As for the example you gave about relationships between parents and children,while it is normal for parents to like some of their kids better,they must never make it obvious,it might be difficult but that should be the goal,it is this tendency for parents to openly show preference for one child over another that is responsible for so much jealousy,devisions and problems in many families often growing with these children into adulthood. What I am advocating is not like that in most families, but that is what should be.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Michael333: 11:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Clueless APC...

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:24am On Jun 26, 2016
stagnant! ......just like the economy and every other "things".

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by thomasthomas: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2016
VERDA:

I agree with almost everything u have written apart from the part about the president treating the people that voted for him better than those that did not,that's wrong on every level,thats like telling people "you can vote whoever....but if u do not vote for me,you will be treated less ( second class to those that voted for me).Elections bring with it so much devisions but once it is over,the president elect must do everything to unite the country back and everyone must be treated equally.While deep down the president being human will naturally like those that voted for him better....A WISE PRESIDENT MUST NEVER SHOW IT,least of all even speak about it or act on it. As for the example you gave about relationships between parents and children,while it is normal for parents to like some of their kids better,they must never make it obvious,it might be difficult but that should be the goal,it is this tendency for parents to openly show preference for one child over another that is responsible for so much jealousy,devisions and problems in many families often growing with these children into adulthood. What I am advocating is not like that in most families, but that is what should be.
I agree with you but I'll say maybe the only mistake the President did was to say it out. It's nothing new, even the governors do same without saying it. But people shouldn't act like they don't know these things after all what did Jonathan really do the region that supported him?

And mind you in the family it is only an unwise child that will harbour hatred rather thancompete amongst the siblings for attention and reward, it is only the lazy ones will be jealousy and envious. Imagine as one is washing daddy's car the other is sweeping, daddy will be left with no choice than to compensate them both. Healthy competition helps even in business.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by ceejay80s(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2016
Akpan107:
Stop talking like a clueless ignorant. did anyone say they are doing Fashola? Niger Deltan region said they need to take control of their resources or we should form regional system of government, where everyone will enjoy some level of independence to grow and develop... pls, do ask if dont know what the ppl of the region want.

Which nonsense resources? Una carry any resources come out from una mama belle? Still waiting for all of u to go bomb niger bridge and 3rd mainland bridge , let's see who suffers most
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by ceejay80s(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2016
Michael333:

Silly comment!! How many Fulani herdsmen hv been sentenced to death?

Silly comment from a thing, did u in any of my post see me say that the fulani herdsmen are doing good ?
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by MrBendel(m): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2016
rotimileke:
We warned all men of goodwill about the dangers of voting the dullard but the ethnic and religious bigoted ones like omenka et al lead us to this present precarious situation in Nigeria. The current government cannot maintain the over 5000 megawatts of electricity inherited from the previous regime. The true change we were seeking for was aborted on the 28th of March 2015.
May God bless the Otueke born democrat and Hero of our democracy GEJ
Shut up jor. You are being insensitive and may God Judge you accordingly. You support criminality maybe because you or some of your friends and family members benefited from the mass looting under your GEJ. NDA have taken us backwards for their selfish interest and you are here hailing. It is quite silly.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2016
adeyemi2015:
The wailing Toads should channel their grievances to the Militants in the ND and stop blaming BRF!
Instead of condemning the senseless activities of the Militants, the Cockroaches are celebrating and encouraging them to put more efforts!
PMB should please grant the request of IPOB and NDA, let have a Referendum and allow the Baboons to have their own Country!
Britons are already regretting leaving the EU, I hope the Folks wouldn't regret and end up like South Sudan!

Are you telling me that if assume position as minister of power today you don't key parameters upon which your success lies on?

Are you trying to tell me you don't know we have 2 major categories of plant feeding the grid
The hydroelectric plant &
The gas fired thermal station.

Are you trying to pretend that there won't disruption to gas supply?

Are you trying to tell me there was not disruption to gas supply during the previous administration.
Stop making excuses for failure.
The previous administration kept on saying that the major limitations to improved electricity supply are
1 cost reflective tariff
2 appropriate gas pricing
3 availability of gas to the power plant.

Are you now pretending not to be aware that the gas used to power the system flows from the Niger delta.

Are you sincerely trying to tell me that you don't know the Niger delta is a violent region.

The issue is if fashola ever thought there won't gas disruption then he is the biggest fool alive.

What was fashola's immidiate reaction when his boss was saying some people are 95% , some people are 5%. And gas flow from the region of this 5%.

Smart leaders analyze situation, market challenges, key factors that might affect performance and strategize to minimise risk.

Again stop making excuses for failure.
Sometimes you check your utterances as a leader and stoop to conquer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by persius555(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
freeze001:
For those blaming NDA, when una yeye go end? Who is responsible for protection and safety of the country? Whose responsibility is it to provide infrastructure like electricity? Fashola u are defending shamelessly is he not d one that said we don't have power because Nigeria was being run by batueyos which he interpreted as amateurs?

NDA has been clear, d govt should decentralise and revert to fiscal federalism with resource control. The FG has been given d ultimate cure already and they have everything at their disposal to implement same. If they refuse to apply cure to an age long ailment, how is d NDA to blame?
Yes, fiscal federalism is what we all crave for but when you destroy public property to achieve and end how then do you justify this means. Any individual or body culpable in destroying public property is first a criminal before gaining apathy from the masses.
Where in the world is destruction of public infrastructure celebrated?
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
Benart:
when u give someone who isnt knowledge about a particular field what do u expect to be the outcome?

U are totally wrong, someone doesn't need to become an electrical engineer to be minister of power. Ministers don't do practical work.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
Benart:
when u give someone who isnt knowledge about a particular field what do u expect to be the outcome?

U are totally wrong, someone doesn't need to become an electrical engineer to be minister of power. Ministers don't do practical work or field work.
Re: Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW by uthlaw: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
youngeagle:
Dullards in corridors of power,they didn't know all these before they took power...they should stop complaining and respect PDP joor
you suppose to read well before you comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Promises Completion Of Road Projects In Seven Months / More Photos From The EFCC Summit In Abuja (photos) / Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Fashola At 60.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.