Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist (4391 Views)

Why Nobody Knows The Population Of Nigeria - The Economist / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / The Economist-How To Make A Hard Currency Crisis Worse By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by wiseoneking: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The avengers really make me laugh...
They claim they are educated but their actions speak differently....
.. Really how can any Niger Deltans blame fedral government for there underdevelopment
A private investor buys an oil block.. . Contruct rigs.. drill and mine oil... pays 55% to the government
13% of this money is given to the Niger Delta states... the rest shared between states and federal government
The fedral government and the oil companies found NDDC and the fedral government found ministry of Niger Delta
This agencies are headed by ur brothers.. with all the revenue ur leaders refuse to develop ur place and use the money to build houses in lagos and Abuja. .. And of recent owerri. ..
Now the youths blame the fedral government??

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??
I pity your life. May your life be like the polluted states of SS and may you gain 18% from all income and life earnings. Say Amen. Isi efi.

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
wiseoneking:
I pity your life. May your life be like the polluted states of SS and may you gain 18% from all income and life earnings. Say Amen. Isi efi.
Who says Niger Deltans earn 18%?? they make over 45% of the money made from oil and no company will pay u 45% of ur put put
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by wiseoneking: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
dazdilijae:

But I would try 2 explain it 2 you with jus 2 points
1. The oil is a mineral resource as Tin,Gold etc. In the law of this country a private investor should pay rent 2 the land owner when mining 4 gold, tin etc thereby enriching the citizens in dat region but same law says the FG takes it in the ND and that same FG appoints a stooge 2 head a Federal govt agency called NDDC n gives pennies 2 him/her while directing them 2 do A or B which is nt d need of the community ( mark d word DIRECT cos any1 in public service knows what that implies)

2 Bayelsa state has 8LGA while Kano has 44LGAs the law of the country say you share the wealth generated 4m Bayelsa by LGAs so by default Kano collects 5.5 times what bayelsa gets so wen you add that your 13% it's means bayelsa receives half of wat Kano gets for contributing less dan 6% 2 d revenue. On the other hand if 1m naira is need 2 make a foundation for a 10stories hospital in Kano you would need 3times that amount 2 build same in bayelsa

I hope u get the drift now. let me stop here
you have time to explain to that confused dude under the hausafulani spell.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
hungryboy:
This guys are just criminals and touts looking for a big payday.
Like Asari Dokubo and Tompolo before them,
They do not care about the Niger Delta.
[/s] This looks like a product of Yoruba Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by sanandreas(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
CT
DaBullIT:
Posts like this thrive because Buhari has not done what i personally would approve

Invasion , full war package, Airforce keeps bombarding Sambisa, foot soldiers intercepting and rescuing hostages

Tanks , jets , snipers should be stationed in the east and proper bombardment of hotspots should commence , when you give criminals, blackmailers , bunkerers and pipeline vandals the audacity to talk , that's when others will follow the suit and rise up

make every criminal activity a dangerous venture and those scums will return to schools

Well-done he should first channel that to Fulani herdsmen sacking villages.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
princemillla:
The stupid thing i ever read about this avengers is.. They claim they aren't killing common man, but their action is killing common man in numbers
[/s] Mr yoloba muslim, it's rather the action your president(his refusal to negotiate and met the demands of NDA and IPOB),that is rather killing people.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mormoney85(m): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
.. Really how can any Niger Deltans blame fedral government for there underdevelopment
A private investor buys an oil block.. . Contruct rigs.. drill and mine oil... pays 55% to the government
13% of this money is given to the Niger Delta states... the rest shared between states and federal government
The fedral government and the oil companies found NDDC and the fedral government found ministry of Niger Delta
This agencies are headed by ur brothers.. with all the revenue ur leaders refuse to develop ur place and use the money to build houses in lagos and Abuja. .. And of recent owerri. ..

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??
niger deltans dont want anything about oil to move away from niger Delta region

nnpc both head office n other offices should b in niger Delta region both loading n off load of anything oil minister of petroleum and the workers/ must stay or be in niger delta region so that our local n state government will also benefit from them thanks for ur understanding
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
mrvitalis:

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??
[/s] Leave our oil for us,and grant us other of our demands. it's that simple as ABC.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by AZeD1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:
I tell people that Buhari is the architect of his problems. Nigeria has never been this confused and divided. He's is careless with words and rarely asks his advisers for advice. The level of hatred and tribalism in Nigeria today are fruits from the seed of hatred he sowed during Jonathan's tenure. Now the ungovernable country he created for the past leader is right under his control, still ungovernable.

Worse than it was and a sane man expects me to pray for him.

Who am I to interfere in Karma's business?
Don't rewrite history, GEJ polarised this country along ethic and religious lines.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by princemillla(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
dazdilijae:

Not their actions it's d govts actions. The bombing started in Feb 2016 but the hardship killing people was 4m govt clueless n dull response to economics down turns. When we were complaining early for the govt 2 sit up you guys were saying it was 2 early 2 criticise a new govt n resulted 2 calling us Wailers now we as see a stitch in time says nine.

Let me use one of the popular phrases
"Order is more vital than speed" hope you are enjoying your order now?

Are you guys the only one feeling the heat?
Isn't there a better way to get over this issue rather than destroying stuffs. Lets collectively reject all this militants claiming to be fighting for a common man. Avengers are criminals fighting for their selfish gains... Befor you mention me or call me names, just exercise little patience and see these guys get rich within the twinkle of an eye.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by AZeD1(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
mormoney85:

nnpc both head office n other offices should b in niger Delta region both loading n off load of anything oil minister of petroleum and the workers/ must stay or be in niger delta region so that our local n state government will also benefit from them thanks for ur understanding
Even I that is from Delta State won't invest my money there and you expect others to do the same?
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
DaBullIT:
Posts like this thrive because Buhari has not done what i personally would approve

Invasion , full war package, Airforce keeps bombarding Sambisa, foot soldiers intercepting and rescuing hostages

Tanks , jets , snipers should be stationed in the east and proper bombardment of hotspots should commence , when you give criminals, blackmailers , bunkerers and pipeline vandals the audacity to talk , that's when others will follow the suit and rise up

make every criminal activity a dangerous venture and those scums will return to schools
[/s] This is a yoloba muslim!.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
AZeD1:

Don't rewrite history, GEJ polarised this country along ethic and religious lines.
[/s] people from brown roof republic are criminally minded and propagandists.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by princemillla(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] Mr yoloba muslim, it's rather the action your president(his refusal to negotiate and met the demands of NDA and IPOB),that is rather killing people.

And what was the demand sir, why are you guys criminal minded?

Why didn't you make such demand wen your hero was there. Am sure wen those penny given to you finish you will wake up to realities
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by ProudArewa: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
PRYCE:
Statements like "97% and 5%" are very divisive and consequently give birth to hate and uprisings!

They say wisdom comes with age but Buhari totally rubbishes that saying!

Dullard is an understatement! Chai!!!

lalasticlala
fool.....always luking for reason to justify criminality
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] Leave our oil for us,and grant us other of our demands. it's that simple as ABC.
All land belong to the government and all resources that's the law
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
mormoney85:

Were is shell head office?
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
mrvitalis:

All land belong to the government and all resources that's the law
[/s] it's alright,lets see how it pans out. Ino mkpo.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
princemillla:

And what was the demand sir, why are you guys criminal minded?

Why didn't you make such demand wen your hero was there. Am sure wen those penny given to you finish you will wake up to realities
[/s]Go to NDA website,the demands are there. As for the timing of our demand,it's non of business,as to when we pull our demand. It's strictly our exclusive preserve!. Now run along unam.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by DeviIhimself: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
DaBullIT:

mynd44 is this no supporting of violence
if it's me you'll looking for who to ban for supporting violence

cc
Lalasticlala obinoscopy Mynd44
so this guy is clamouring for bombardment of the east huh?
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by DaBullIT(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
I was careful enough not to wish anyone any harm

DeviIhimself:

mynd44 is this no supporting of violence
if it's me you'll looking for who to ban for supporting violence

cc
Lalasticlala obinoscopy Mynd44
so this guy is clamouring for bombardment of the east huh?
Maybe if you read properly , you would see i did not support violence on innocent people , i called for total root out of terrorists and bunkerers , pipeline vandals , unless everybody in the east is in that business i see no reason why i should be banned , and if i do get banned , be sure you will need more profiles because i will personally make it my hobby to go through all your posts and tag every moderator , My post is clear i did not wish harm or insult anyone

htwoow , bear my witness
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by xelly: 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
PRYCE:
Statements like "97% and 5%" are very divisive and consequently give birth to hate and uprisings!

They say wisdom comes with age but Buhari totally rubbishes that saying!

Dullard is an understatement! Chai!!!

lalasticlala

Buhari is thinking like the commenter above you forgetting how he has divided the country.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by xelly: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
AZeD1:

Yes, he did. He even made the 97% and 5% statement. Well, GEJ is no longer in Aso Rock. Someone there should manage it.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by princemillla(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]Go to NDA website,the demands are there. As for the timing of our demand, it's non of business,as to when we pull our demand. It's strictly our exclusive preserve!. Now run along unam.

I was taking your mention for sane not until the Bolden was sighted. I quit on you
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Nwanyihanuo: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??
The govt is responsible for supervision of development and prosecution of fraud. If d govt turned a blind eye to all dt, let them face d avengers
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Orikinla(m): 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
People asking for full invasion of the Niger Delta are ignorant of the facts.
Right now, President Obama is not happy with the Nigerian government, because of the dangerous development in the Niger Delta and the shocking video reports of six people dying daily in the IDPs camps in the northern states.
President Muhammadu Buhari should pray the Niger Delta militants don't attract soldiers of fortune or mercenaries to join them, because if that happens the crisis will degenerate into another civil war that will eventually break up Nigeria.

The enemies of the Niger Delta are not northern politicians, but the corrupt and incompetent state governors who plundered their states.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by EteEdoho: 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Whateves!. The fact remains that we av' got the right to agitate for anything we deems our right,at any given time!
princemillla:

I was taking your mention for sane not until the Bolden was sighted. I quit on you
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nwanyihanuo:

The govt is responsible for supervision of development and prosecution of fraud. If d govt turned a blind eye to all dt, let them face d avengers
The government should supervise the states??
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Orikinla(m): 7:04am On Jun 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

The government should supervise the states??
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Orikinla(m): 2:45am On Jun 28, 2016
Nigeria: Dire Crisis Spawns Letter to President Obama
Appoint Special Envoy for Nigeria & Lake Chad Region

WASHINGTON, June 24, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a letter from 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative:

Dear Mr. President: We write with great urgency regarding the dire crisis continuing to unfold in northeastern and central Nigeria, much of it as the direct result of Boko Haram. Just yesterday, in the Washington Post, Kevin Sieff noted, "Thousands of Boko Haram victims are on the verge of starvation in northeastern Nigeria." Six people, on average, are dying every day from malnutrition. According to Medicins Sans Frontieres, "on certain days more than 30 people were dying due to hunger and illness," and that 66 percent of the children they screened were emaciated.

This is in addition to a recent Refugees International report which quoted a top UN official as saying, "Nigeria is our biggest failure." Another chief UN humanitarian official described the Lake Chad region as the "world's most neglected humanitarian crisis."

Should Nigeria further fracture it would also constitute one of the greatest security threats in West Africa. The Global Terrorism Index now considers Boko Haram the most lethal terrorist organization in the world with the Fulani militants of Nigeria's Middle Belt the fourth deadliest. Our own research indicates that in just the first four months of this year, there was a 190% increase in people killed by Fulani militants.

Earlier this year, we, along with others from the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative, traveled to Nigeria and witnessed first-hand what is taking place. We met with over 500 people, drove through entire villages burned to the ground, visited with families forced to live in caves to elude terrorists, and heard firsthand testimony of communities surviving by eating grass. We have continued to liaise with those affected on the ground, diaspora groups, Congressional offices and State Department officials, and just released a report, "Nigeria: Fractured and Forgotten."

The crisis in Nigeria and the surrounding countries is larger than Boko Haram and cannot continue unaddressed. We are grateful you and your Administration have already designated Boko Haram as an FTO and offered significant assistance to Nigeria. However, given that this is the world's most neglected humanitarian crisis and one of the most significant security threats in West Africa, we believe what is needed is a Special Envoy for Nigeria and the Lake Chad region.

A Special Envoy for Nigeria and the Lake Chad region directly reporting to Assistant Secretary of State Linda Thomas-Greenfield could relate to Boko Haram, terrorism, IDP's, refugees, psycho-social care, etc. It is our firm belief that the United States and other Western nations have a vested interest in confronting one of the worst humanitarian crises of our day. The appointment of a Special Envoy would send a strong signal and further strengthen American leadership.

We urge you and your Administration to act quickly and appoint a Special Envoy for Nigeria and the Lake Chad region.

Thank you for your consideration.

Randel Everett
President, 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative

Frank R. Wolf
Distinguished Senior Fellow

The full report with recommendations can be accessed at www.standwithnigeria.org

SOURCE 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative
RELATED LINKS

http://www.standwithnigeria.org/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protest Buhari Inec Rigging happening now in Abuja / Only 10 Out Of 400 Private Schools Pay Taxes – Zamfara Govt / Labour Decries Worsening Power Supply Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.