Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? (4836 Views)

The Curse Of Calvary / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2016
Why did the curse of Adam and Eve affect most of the other animals?

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Question for Christians

In the book of Genesis, the Christian God cursed Adam that he'll suffer before he eats

If we are to accept these, how come most animals too suffer for food?

But Some animals migrate for weeks/months all for food by land, water, air even ice just to survive. How is that different from what you & I do to survive?

Cursed eve that she'll give birth in pain and agony

How come most animals too labour during birth?

"it’s known that many animals show some signs of pain and distress. During labor, horses sometimes sweat, llamas and alpacas bellow or hum in a way similar to when they are injured, and many animals become more aggressive."

"the most horrifying birth is that of the spotted hyena. Females of this species give birth through a narrow, penis-like, enlarged clitoris."

Since god cursed the Serpent, Adam and Eve alone, how come other animals appear to be cursed also?
Or was God like Nigeria police that detains anybody on site during a crime?

If I'm missing a passage where god cursed other animals, kindly point it out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by stephen90(m): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2016
they are coming to anwser you let's wait for them

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by youngest85(m): 8:54am On Jun 26, 2016
coz animals also ate d forbidden fruit!

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 9:01am On Jun 26, 2016
youngest85:
coz animals also ate d forbidden fruit!

this must be sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by uwagimboo: 9:13am On Jun 26, 2016
It will be unfair leaving out the animals since the serpent was an animal too.

Are u saying Nigerian police originated from the garden U must be wicked.. grin grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 9:13am On Jun 26, 2016
"I no follow = N5000" .... the animals dem no roger .... they all got roped in cause they were @ the garden (crime scene). cheesy

My 2cents

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:14am On Jun 26, 2016
God isn't like naija police but you should know that all our actions have repercussions; not for us alone but the whole universe. Everything in the whole world is connected to a source.

Now, what am I saying? Adam and Eve both created to live in the garden, lost their ways and sent out of the garden. And the original plan of God for Adam was to tend the garden all animals inclusive but when he left Satan found his way to the animal.

A lot happened before the ark but the ark taught us something. God selected animals in pairs and make the rest perish. This shows a new order but still animals don't suffer like man do.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by youngest85(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

this must be sarcasm

No, its a culpritism
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:
God isn't like naija police but you should know that all our actions have repercussions; not for us alone but the whole universe. Everything in the whole world is connected to a source.

Now, what am I saying? Adam and Eve both created to live in the garden, lost their ways and sent out of the garden. And the original plan of God for Adam was to tend the garden all animals inclusive but when he left Satan found his way to the animal.

A lot happened before the ark but the ark taught us something. God selected animals in pairs and make the rest perish. This shows a new order but still animals don't suffer like man do.

The extent most people go to defend their book....

you claim he's not like the Naija police in your first few words then spent the rest proving he's like naija police

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Breadmaker: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2016
This is the first time I am coming accross this type of question.

Well, @Op, goan read the bible creation story again and you will know better.

Easy life wasn't promised to animals before the fall of adam. the built in defense mechanisms of animals shows they were created to fend off attack. This suggests
struggle and death.

Secondly, animals like lions and other carnivors must have fed on other animals to survive so eternal life wasn't promised to animals.

That should also tell you that the sin of adam lowered humans from being perfect human beings to being higher animals.

We were downgraded and that is why we exhibit some animal traits like, pains during childbirth, eating and killing of other humans and fight for territory.

Finally, Animals migrate to search for food because the ground was cursed.

This is what I Think

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The extent most people go to defend their book....

you claim he's not like the Naija police then spent the rest proving he's like naija police

The thread is for the intelligentsia, it's easy to look intelligent than speak intelligently. I just presented a view you can support it or do otherwise not to put your beastiality on display. Ahmad Deedat was a Muslim but read and mastered The Bible than most pastors. That's intelligence
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:

Easy life wasn't promised to animals before the fall of adam. the built in defense mechanisms of animals shows they were created to fend off attack. This suggests
struggle and death.

Secondly, animals like lions and other carnivors must have fed on other animals to survive so eternal life wasn't promised to animals.

That should also tell you that the sin of adam lowered humans from being perfect human beings to being higher animals.

We were downgraded and that is why we exhibit some animal traits like, pains during childbirth, eating and killing of other humans and fight for territory.

This is what I Think

if we are to accept this

what about childbirth?
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Breadmaker: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what about childbirth?
Read my comment again
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:
Read my comment again

the question still stands bro, you wrote what you "think"

were the animals already meant to give birth with labour?

if yes, what did they do wrong to deserve it?

did they sin against him too?

and for the part where you said the ground was cursed that's why animals too suffer before feeding, why does the curse affect aquatic creatures too

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by youngest85(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:

struggle and death.

This is what I Think

1000 likes
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Breadmaker: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the question still stands bro, you wrote what you "think"

were the animals already meant to give birth with labour?

if yes, what did they do wrong to deserve it?

did they sin against him too?

and for the part where you said the ground was cursed that's why animals too suffer before feeding, why does the curse affect aquatic creatures too
Humans were not created like animals. Animals were commanded to exists, humans we created and molded in the image of the creator.

The creator has been and will always be that was why humans(his image and likeness) were made perfect just like him and the benefit was easy life till eternity but they failed.

Perfection disappeared the moment they failed so they became like other animals.

animals were never promised eternal life or easy life.

What's hard to understand in my comment?
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by waldigit: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Why did the curse of Adam and Eve affect most of the other animals?

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Question for Christians

In the book of Genesis, the Christian God cursed Adam that he'll suffer before he eats
If we are to accept these, how come most animals too suffer for food?
But Some animals migrate for weeks/months all for food by land, water, air even ice just to survive. How is that different from what you & I do to survive?

Cursed eve that she'll give birth in pain and agony

How come most animals too labour during birth?

"it’s known that many animals show some signs of pain and distress. During labor, horses sometimes sweat, llamas and alpacas bellow or hum in a way similar to when they are injured, and many animals become more aggressive."

"the most horrifying birth is that of the spotted hyena. Females of this species give birth through a narrow, penis-like, enlarged clitoris."

Since god cursed the Serpent, Adam and Eve alone, how come other animals appear to be cursed also?

Or was God like Nigeria police that detains anybody on site during a crime?

If I'm missing a passage where god cursed other animals, kindly point it out

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

I don't know how much you know about natural science, but the answer is in scripture you quoted.
Ecology is the study of relationship between organisms and their environment. If ground a major component of environment is cursed, tell me what then becomes of organisms that depend on it. You are the judge, I rest my case my lord.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 10:56am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:
Humans were not created like animals.
Animals were commanded to exists, humans we created and molded in the image of the creator.

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

but you're now saying they were not "created"?

The creator has been and will always be that was why humans(his image and likeness) were made perfect just like him and the benefit was easy life till eternity but they failed.

Perfection disappeared the moment they failed so they became like other animals.

animals were never promised eternal life or easy life.
and you know these? how? where was it written in the bible that they weren't promised eternal life?

and your original long post states that Lion and tigers were " canivourous" animals, so they had to feed on flesh to survive, how were they surviving when in the garden? were they eating other animals too?

god placed a curse on man and snake that they'll attack each other, how come some other animals asides snake attack us?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2016
waldigit:

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

I don't know how much you know about natural science, but the answer is in scripture you quoted.
Ecology is the study of relationship between organisms and their environment. If ground a major component of environment is cursed, tell me what then becomes of organisms that depend on it. You are the judge, I rest my case my lord.

okay, if we accept that

what about eve and childbirth? did that God curse "all wombs"?

he cursed eve "alone" so why do most other animals labour during childbirth
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 11:06am On Jun 26, 2016
uwagimboo:
It will be unfair leaving out the animals since the serpent was an animal too.

Are u saying Nigerian police originated from the garden U must be wicked.. grin grin grin cheesy

hehehehehehe
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2016
HonSuQMaDIQ:
"I no follow = N5000" .... the animals dem no roger .... they all got roped in cause they were @ the garden (crime scene). cheesy

My 2cents

lol

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 11:12am On Jun 26, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

The thread is for the intelligentsia, it's easy to look intelligent than speak intelligently. I just presented a view you can support it or do otherwise not to put your beastiality on display. Ahmad Deedat was a Muslim but read and mastered The Bible than most pastors. That's intelligence

what you said originally was that the curse affected the animals too, which points to the way Nigeria police operates

they arrest main culprit but also arrest innocent people too and sometimes even release the main culprit before the innocent people

that was my point
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Breadmaker: 11:12am On Jun 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

but you're now saying they were not "created"?

and you know these? how? where was it written in the bible that they weren't promised eternal life?

and your original long post states that Lion and tigers were " canivourous" animals, so they had to feed on flesh to survive, how were they surviving when in the garden? were they eating other animals too?

god placed a curse on man and snake that they'll attack each other, how come some other animals asides snake attack us?

Genesis 1 24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

They were commanded into existence not taken out time to create like human.

Stop reading bible like a novel.

Let me confuse the already confused mind? Verse 27 said "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" How is this so when we read later that eve was made from adam's rib?

I don't want to go deep into scriptures with you because you're not arguing to learn.

When bible says in Genesis 3:15 and I quote "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." it was talking about eve or humans neither was God commanding snake to attack us.

He was talking about Christ and his church(the woman's seed) and satan.
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by orunto27: 11:20am On Jun 26, 2016
God made them all male and female. And when Adam and Eve shouted Hurray, we can see, create and bleep on, all other animals were watching. There and then, Eve distributed and scattered the forbidden apples aground for other animals to pick. The Curse of God was on all who ate the apple, so other animals are not exempt.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:

Genesis 1 24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

They were commanded into existence not taken out time to create like human.

Stop reading bible like a novel.

Let me confuse the already confused mind? Verse 27 said "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" How is this so when we read later that eve was made from adam's rib?

I don't want to go deep into scriptures with you because you're not arguing to learn.

When bible says in Genesis 3:15 and I quote "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." it was talking about eve or humans neither was God commanding snake to attack us.

He was talking about Christ and his church(the woman's seed) and satan.

ha! lol

so the bruising part is church and devil? Lmao

which begs the question, is the entire creation not to be taken literally?

how come your heel is where most snakes go for when attacking us? how come attacking the snake's head is the most effective way to kill snakes?

Genesis 1:25

God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

so god actually created them BUT made them come out of the ground just like you believe God created you BUT made you come out of a Vagina
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 11:28am On Jun 26, 2016
orunto27:
God made them all male and female. And when Adam and Eve shouted Hurray, we can see, create and bleep on, all other animals were watching. There and then, Eve distributed and scattered the forbidden apples aground for other animals to pick. The Curse of God was on all who ate the apple, so other animals are not exempt.

this is hilarious
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2016
OP what a good question. I'd never even considered this before. NL has some great thinkers.

orunto27:
Not all animals are male and female though... some change sex throughout their lifetimes, some even have sex with themselves. Many are asexual and reproduce by copying themselves (not just microbes but also many frog & fish species do this).

Also some animals who don't reproduce asexually do not give birth in pain (most fish, the Tasmanian devil who's newborn babies are the size of rice grains). So why did god exempt some animals from this "curse"?

5 Likes

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2016
cloudgoddess:
OP what a good question. I'd never even considered this before. NL has some great thinkers.

Not all animals are male and female though... some change sex throughout their lifetimes, some even have sex with themselves. Many are asexual and reproduce by copying themselves (not just microbes but also many frog & fish species do this).

Also some animals who don't reproduce asexually do not give birth in pain (most fish, the Tasmanian devil who's newborn babies are the size of rice grains). So why did god exempt some animals from this "curse"?

interesting question
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2016
I just realized the person I quoted might have been making a joke? Lol forgive me if that was the case.

Still, any Christian is free to answer the points I brought up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:

struggle and death.

This is what I Think

You are so smart 1000000 likes for you
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Jozzy4: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Jozzy4: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
" unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed " - 2 pet 2:12

as seen in the scripture above, easy life is not promised to animal creations from the beginning

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Satan’s Secret Agents: The Frankfurt School And Their Evil Agenda / Are You Truly Serving God? / Who Was At Canaanland For Shiloh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.