Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? (4834 Views)

The Curse Of Calvary / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by MuttleyLaff: 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
Wilgrea7:
have u guys read the story of adam and eve?? i mean the one not in the bible

hopefulLandlord:
give us a link pls

Wilgrea7:
i don't have a particular link... I've not even read it.. i heard of it...
its called the forbidden books of eden
u can download it or read or read it online
It is titled ''The Forgotten Books of Eden'' and not called ''the forbidden books of eden''

The book hasnt answers to hopefulLandlord's original ''Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals?'' question

hopefulLandlord's original ''Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals?'' question is phrased badly and/or incorrectly asked
because according to Genesis 3:17, it is the ground that is cursed on account of Adam
(i.e. the ground is cursed because of Adam)

Then to Adam He said,
"Because you have listened to the voice of your wife,
and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it';
Cursed is the ground because of you;
In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.

- Genesis 3:17

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air;
and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them:
and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof

- Genesis 2:19 KJV

hopefulLandlord, with Genesis 2:19 in the back of your mind, you now, should easily be able to understand and appreciate where Genesis 3:17 is coming from

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by MuttleyLaff: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Why did the curse of Adam and Eve affect most of the other animals?

Question for Christians

In the book of Genesis, the Christian God cursed Adam that he'll suffer before he eats

If we are to accept these, how come most animals too suffer for food?
because according to Genesis 3:17, it is the ground that is cursed on account of Adam

If Genesis 2:19, says out of the ground, were animals formed,
and later, the animals' source (i.e. the ground) according to Genesis 3:17, is cursed,
then the ''mechanics'' of animals effectively becomes cursed too via the opened ''Pandora's box''

hopefulLandlord:
But Some animals migrate for weeks/months all for food by land, water, air even ice just to survive. How is that different from what you & I do to survive?

Cursed eve that she'll give birth in pain and agony
Eve was not cursed. God never said He cursed Adam or Eve
The serpent and the ground alone were cursed but not Adam or Eve

hopefulLandlord:
How come most animals too labour during birth

"it’s known that many animals show some signs of pain and distress. During labor, horses sometimes sweat, llamas and alpacas bellow or hum in a way similar to when they are injured, and many animals become more aggressive."

"the most horrifying birth is that of the spotted hyena. Females of this species give birth through a narrow, penis-like, enlarged clitoris."

hopefulLandlord:
Since god cursed the Serpent, Adam and Eve alone, how come other animals appear to be cursed also?

If I'm missing a passage where god cursed other animals, kindly point it out
Genesis 2:19, says out of the ground, were animals formed,
later, according to Genesis 3:17, the animals' source (i.e. the ground), is cursed,
and so, the ''mechanics'' of animals effectively becomes cursed too as a result of opening a ''Pandora's box''

Animals which were formed from the ground, animals that creep, crawl or walk on the ground,
in essence, the ground and whatever has contact with the ground is cursed
(i.e. ALL NO LONGER IS BLESSED ENOUGH to continue enjoying perfection)

Again, God never cursed Adam or Eve
The serpent and the ground alone were what was cursed and not Adam or Eve
The ''mechanics'' of every thing that came out the ground including the ''mechanics'' of animals is cursed because of Adam

Forget Genesis 1:31, because after Genesis 3:6, things were no longer very good and no one was smiling, when Eve took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to Adam, her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.

Long story short, the ground (e.g. animals and anything in contact with it) because of Adam, lost its state or quality of being perfect
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not talking living forever bro

I'm simply asking why the curse that was placed on the womb of Eve for instance manifests in animals too

what did they do wrong? were they already created with the pain?

That seem to be so. The judgment passed on humans was not extended to the animals. But this does not mean that imperfection which now bedevil the human race won't affect the animals. Such effect is not that the animals were cursed but because they live among imperfect humans.
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by dolphinheart(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Why did the curse of Adam and Eve affect most of the other animals?

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Question for Christians

In the book of Genesis, the Christian God cursed Adam that he'll suffer before he eats
If we are to accept these, how come most animals too suffer for food?
But Some animals migrate for weeks/months all for food by land, water, air even ice just to survive. How is that different from what you & I do to survive?

Cursed eve that she'll give birth in pain and agony

How come most animals too labour during birth?

"it’s known that many animals show some signs of pain and distress. During labor, horses sometimes sweat, llamas and alpacas bellow or hum in a way similar to when they are injured, and many animals become more aggressive."

"the most horrifying birth is that of the spotted hyena. Females of this species give birth through a narrow, penis-like, enlarged clitoris."

Since god cursed the Serpent, Adam and Eve alone, how come other animals appear to be cursed also?

Or was God like Nigeria police that detains anybody on site during a crime?

If I'm missing a passage where god cursed other animals, kindly point it out
in reference to the pain that women experience during childbirth and that of animals, a person with a plain mind can easily understand what God said: King James Version
Ge 3:16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

The bolded says it all, the curse was an increase in childbirth pain, not an introduction of childbirth pain. Therefore I personally believe that animals and humans where supposed to experience varying degrees of child birth pain before the curse.

The food issue is a non issue, one can argue that such migration ensures the fitness and survival of such animals, it also ensures that the environment is not permanently destroyed and vital elements are redistributed. One can also say such arrangements have been altered by man's in perfect influence.
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by nlPoster: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2019
Breadmaker:
This is the first time I am coming accross this type of question.

Well, @Op, goan read the bible creation story again and you will know better.

Easy life wasn't promised to animals before the fall of adam. the built in defense mechanisms of animals shows they were created to fend off attack. This suggests
struggle and death.

Secondly, animals like lions and other carnivors must have fed on other animals to survive so eternal life wasn't promised to animals.

That should also tell you that the sin of adam lowered humans from being perfect human beings to being higher animals.

We were downgraded and that is why we exhibit some animal traits like, pains during childbirth, eating and killing of other humans and fight for territory.

Finally, Animals migrate to search for food because the ground was cursed.

This is what I Think

Good one.
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by nlPoster: 10:48am On Oct 08, 2019
@op

Adam and Eve weren't cursed, creation was.

There was a direct curse on the serpent, not on Adam and eve.
Re: Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals? by hopefulLandlord: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A Good IFA Priest? / Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? / Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(03/09/2017) Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.