Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production (10675 Views)

SPFX Make-Up. Nollywood Transforms Eve Esin To An Old Woman For Movie Role / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2006
are you just trying to view our stories first then know how you will work on yours?

Absolutely not. angry I can easily go to the nearest bookstore and buy a dozen novels for ideas.

I need a movie that's as tight as a Hollywood script. No offence, but some of the scripts I've been sent are quite watery. Like Nollywood scripts. There's no rising action, climax, and satisfactory resolution. Stories that just stumble forward with no clear structure or purpose. How can I buy a script that I can't even read?

That's why I've been directing people to the excellent scriptwriting articles at www.wordplayer.com

Some of the stories I've been sent are ok, but they are not in script form. In that case, what can be done?

What I have now:
- 2 or 3 pretty nice crime stories that are not in script form. Guess I wasn't looking for crime.
- A good horror movie that someone is writing. The problem: I'm not really into horror.
- A good romantic novel that lady refused to sell to me because she wants to eat it with okro soup.
- A very personal, cemodic list of "things I want to mock in a movie" that I have been compiling.
- 20 scenes of a campus story that I find to be quite dry.
- The synopsis of another story that I find to be quite dry.
- Phone number of several writers who say they can't send me their stories unless we meet.

I guess I'm trying to be a Nigerianized Hollywood producer rather than a Nollywood producer.
I want to create movies for those who are tired of watery Nigerian movies i.e. Hollywood fans!

I like action, but I don't like senseless gore in a movie. A good romantic comedy will definitely make my day!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2006
My email address was not working when I first posted this thread. That's a big oops!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by bobotee(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ Seun. I subtitle Yoruba movies. I would love to work on any Yoruba movie u intend to produce. thanks. U can reach me on taiwooba'yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2006
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'm also interested in the right Yoruba script.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2006
Another thing I'm looking for in a movie is an underlying message that I'm happy to promote with the movie.

The first movie I produce will be a 60 minute movie for VCD and DVD release internationally. cheesy
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by hoodboi(m): 5:14am On Dec 18, 2006
hey seun, i tried sending you an email but it did not go thru, please email me @ keepingit_gangstar@yahoo.com i think i have a proposal for u, or drop another email address to get u @
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2006
Topic closed. Why? I decided to go the writer/director route.
I very much appreciate all those who have sent in script excerpts or synopses.
I think my real aim was just to express myself, and so I need to write.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Raymand(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2006
Seun:

Topic closed. Why? I decided to go the writer/director route.

Tough route my friend. . .
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2006
Yeah, but probably much easier than trying to convince and train people to write to my satisfaction.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by boon(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2006
pls, must it b a script? can't one give u a story in u can do d script yourself. cos i have a dance movie story that i intend to use in d future to encourage youngsters. i'm a dancer en a good writer. thanx cool cool[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2006
You need to turn it into a story/script as quickly as possible. You can't protect an idea, but you can protect a script.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by hoodboi(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2007
Seun is right, u need to turn it into a script. You get paid less for a storyline dan a ready made script.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by soldjaboi: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2007
Hey Seun i dont know if you still need a script writer. i have written nice scripts and i was wondering if u were still searching for one. bye and hey i write songs so for any sound track. feel free to holler
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by ira(f): 12:41am On Jan 09, 2007
hello Seun,
I suppose the others might know you but I dont. what are your credentials ? how will I know that your claim is authentic? I just need more proof
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2007
This website is my greatest credential so far. My next credential will be my first low-budget TV/movie production.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by ira(f): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2007
are you the moderator of this website then?
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 1:04am On Jan 10, 2007
Yep. I'm the owner, manager, and sole employee.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by medal: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2007
Seun, whatz up now!i have several compose songs.i have started to wonder why nigeria is not like america,where most musicians consult people for songs.Well my this thing is purely niga.U can contact me via my mail hafoll@yahoo.com Mind u money is not everything!!! medal
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2007
My plan is gradually coming together. Plese be patient with me, guys. I know you're ready for action!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by nwadinma(f): 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2007
seun, let me know you got it and secondly what you think.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by hafees: 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2007
seun why do u think anybody we trust u with their story, that u will get back to them if you like it. even big studios in america dont do that. am a writer and i will advise no body to do what u asked. meet pll face to face so that they know who collected the story they have spent sleepless nights for. seun think of a better way that will show respect to writers, something dignifying, not conditions.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by hafees: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2007
seun i have written stories for good directors like tj bamishigbin, woorked with tajudeen adepetu. if you want us to work together, iam also for the revolution. maybe if you contact me on 08023241075 or hafeeskeshinro@yahoo.com. we just might click
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2007
Yes, you can meet me face to face, if you really want to. I can't be begging you and paying you at the same time!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by DAMACKFAN(f): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2008
HOW CAN I REST ASSURED THAT MY SCRIPTS WON'T BE USED WITHOUT ME BEING EXCLUDED FROM THE EVENTUAL PROFITS?

Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2008
HOW CAN I REST ASSURED THAT MY SCRIPTS WON'T BE USED WITHOUT ME BEING EXCLUDED FROM THE EVENTUAL PROFITS?
In some countries, you can register your screenplay online with the writer's guild. In Nigeria, you probably have to deal with producers you trust, although I've heard that there's also a way to register a script in Nigeria

A producer that cares about quality won't even think about stealing a script. First, the cost of a script is not high compared to the cost of getting name actors to star in your show and all the logistics, so how much money is the producer saving? Secondly, the producer will still have to pay a writer to rewrite the script. If he steals your script, he won't be able to ask you to rewrite the script to suit his purposes, and he won't be able to get a new script from you - or other writers who know what he did. Such behavior is just not worth it for serious producer.

The purpose of registration is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the script is yours since you registered it first.

The best way to operate is to use the scripts you've written as samples of what you can do, and distribute them widely. When a producer reads the script, he may not buy it, but he will call you the next time he needs a script!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by loxxy: 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hi, am a film director/editor/ I also do TV Montage. I use Sony Z1, Panasonic both HDV camera.  I have done two music video. I will like to work for up coming artiste at a very low price with a high quality video. Please contact me so we can discuss. el-John 08025912094. Cheers.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Bomane(f): 8:02pm On May 31, 2011
I have a screenplay in hollywood format that i want to sell.contact me at gloryadine@yahoo.com for the logline and synopsis.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by ayofineboy: 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2011
I have a script for sale. mail me on ayofineboy2000@yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by ragdollz: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2011
It's been a while Seun have you made that movie yet?

I hope you still want to make that great Nigerian film smiley

The industry lacks movies with the right mix of drama, suspense, romance and thriller. All these can exist in one movie wink. We also don't have any decent romcoms (you indicated ur interest in those, will be difficult to find)
OR

You can choose to do a simple, appealing romantic movie with a happy ending and a great plot in between.

What ever the case, don't lose the dream, cos I'm totally looking forward to the first Nairawood movie wink
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Ayoolanaj: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2011
if any one lack unique story of all any genre i think i am the best answer. seun i am the answer for you. currently i have a powerful award winning script ALABALA MEJI. pls find out about the script. anyone can talk to me on talentstoryking@yahoo.com or +2348034495217. welcome to my world! cool
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
Hi seun.
I got like three hand written screenplays, but i don't have a laptop to type them, i'm thinking just to give you one of the stories. one romance, action and adventure. Which one will you want? okerekenkem@yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Kpusmokuti: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2011
You say you want great script and stories for movie production then i can asure you i have want you want. There is one thing all script writers must understand, Nigeria's  are tried of a particular story line no matter how you polish it, it will have the same meaning, stories two lover but parents objecting, stories like Occult and diabolic stories. A good script writer must be able to come up with
new concepts,
be creating,
set up idea's with new look,
set up something a will create great and long lasting impact.

I am such a writer, my concepts are tight and different, but the problem is gelling a true producer,  one can trust, who is ready to go into production without wasting too much time, one who will be sincere and honest.

Early this year i lost my precious script to 419ers who made me pay a ransom of 15, 000; for marketing of the script, and in the end i really i was duped. i don't want to mention names but it might suprice you to know that the person in question is a popular face in Nolly wood, but what can i do. All these things are discouraging and that had really made me to lose interest in writing; but not withstanding i  have like two or three good and marketable script on ground.

I wouldn't want to discuss further on this issue again through nairaland; if you feel i may be try, then email me through: davidson4hope@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Genevieve, Funke , Mercy Johnson Nominated For AfricaMagic Viewers Awards / Mo Abudu Launches EbonyLife TV Entertainment Network / Photos From 'Jejere' Premiere Laide Bakare's New Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.