Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? (760 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by ThePeacemaker(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2016
Hello Nlanders,
I've been hearinq people adressinq God like "Oba ti ki sun"(God that doesn't sleep/rest). There's this question botherinq my feeble mind.
Did God really rest on the 7th day? Was he tired?
Cc:lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:16am On Jun 26, 2016
The Hebrew word shabat is to cease or stop . So God just ceased creating on the seventh day but it has been translated as having to rest .

2 Likes

Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by youngest85(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2016
dat bible and christians are paradoxical, is nt new to me!
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by youngest85(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Ds one don book space, hm wan type epistle b dat o!
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2016
youngest85:
dat bible and christians are paradoxical, is nt new to me!

Please the question has been answered . You should shabat the show of ignorance now

2 Likes

Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by joe4real12: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
The Hebrew word shabat is to cease or stop . So God just ceased creating on the seventh day but it has been translated as having to rest .
Correct!
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2016
joe4real12:

Correct!

Thank you bro cool

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2016
youngest85:

Ds one don book space, hm wan type epistle b dat o!

Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by Breadmaker: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Let this be the last time you will photocopy my mind
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by orunto27: 11:57am On Jun 26, 2016
God rested in Spirit Fashion and observes and worships His Words and Works on that day.
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
grin
Re: Did God Really Had A Nap/rest On The 7th Day Of Creation? by iaamxavier(m): 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
op u said oba to kin sun u know sleep is different from rest? stop trynna create confusion

(1) (Reply)

A Question Xtians Would Rather Not Answer! / River Of Blood In Russia: Is This A Sign Of The End Of Times? The Story Is ..... / Please Everyone Help With Dis Blood Oath Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.