Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? (4431 Views)

Bar Manager Walks Out Underage Boys Who Came To Drink Beer In His Bar / Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / Guinness Nigeria To Export Beer To South Africa To Increase Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 10:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Hello guys...I'm having a real big confusion as to which business i should invest in..

As a medical doctor i know i should open a private hospital instead but over the years I've lost interest in private practise as patients always default in payments citing numerous excuses...some even fight you after they get well from your treatment and this same ppl go to club to blow their cash on sex and booze without blinking an eye.....This has discouraged me in setting up a Private hosp even though my passion for the job is intact.

However my friend tells me one can still make his gains in a hospital setup notwithstanding the challenges but I'm really thinking of setting up a beer parlor since that's what people love to spend their money on however the numerous bars around also discourages me as they'll be stiff competition and people may soon cut down or even stop drinking with this harsh economy and might pay attention to their health instead....

Guys wat do y'all think cos I'm very confused ryt now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by fiftynaira(m): 10:41am On Jun 26, 2016
There's this beer parlour in owerri called "ibiari ogwa" they came out admist top competions in the hospitality business in the state.. they had "branding" in the sense that they packaged all there products to look catchy in the eyes of customers notable of which are point and kill

*fish
*chicken
*goat

So op what am sayin is that try and do what other beer parlours are not doing invest new skills in selling ur drinks like

*selling @ a lower rate
*ensuring that the drinks re always cold
*opening early before "drinking time"
*selling meat and co even in the morning

Finally try and change ur mentality abt opening a beer parlour rather open a
*lounge
*resort
*bush bar
*pubs

The name "beer parlour" is not welcoming to younger generations

Notable of mentions re

*chocolate lounge PH
*chakus owerri
*las Vegas owerri
*billionares AKS
*kubana ABJ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by Cholls(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2016
my brothers and sisters nawao see million dollar idea this brother have here..............My brother open both.........when u nearly kill them with bong and beer..........with kidney, liver problem ofcuz they will also need medical attention na.

5 Likes

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by lebete3000: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Cholls:
my brothers and sisters nawao see million dollar idea this brother have here..............My brother open both.........when u nearly kill them with bong and beer..........with kidney, liver problem ofcuz they will also need medical attention na.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
fiftynaira:
There's this beer parlour in owerri called "ibiari ogwa" they came out admist top competions in the hospitality business in the state.. they had "branding" in the sense that they packaged all there products to look catchy in the eyes of customers notable of which are point and kill

*fish
*chicken
*goat

So op what am sayin is that try and do what other beer parlours are not doing invest new skills in selling ur drinks like

*selling @ a lower rate
*ensuring that the drinks re always cold
*opening early before "drinking time"
*selling meat and co even in the morning

Finally try and change ur mentality abt opening a beer parlour rather open a
*lounge
*resort
*bush bar
*pubs

The name "beer parlour" is not welcoming to younger generations

Notable of mentions re

*chocolate lounge PH
*chakus owerri
*las Vegas owerri
*billionares AKS
*kubana ABJ

Guy Na Lagos I wan set d tin up in oh....so you know there's almost nothing new you can do.....I think I'll just settle for the hospital jarey.....that is an indispensable business....
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by Heryorh: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
Beer parlour all day way....
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by wasco24: 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
If you are in South bear sell more
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
wasco24:

By south you mean the entire south? Dats incredible to know dat beer sells more dan health....
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
Heryorh:
Beer parlour all day way....

Lols....
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
wasco24:

But with the current economic state do you think it will still be same?
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by ogawisdom(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
datigbogirl:
Hello guys...I'm having a real big confusion as to which business i should invest in..

As a medical doctor i know i should open a private hospital instead but over the years I've lost interest in private practise as patients always default in payments citing numerous excuses...some even fight you after they get well from your treatment and this same ppl go to club to blow their cash on sex and booze without blinking an eye.....This has discouraged me in setting up a Private hosp even though my passion for the job is intact.

However my friend tells me one can still make his gains in a hospital setup notwithstanding the challenges but I'm really thinking of setting up a beer parlor since that's what people love to spend their money on however the numerous bars around also discourages me as they'll be stiff competition and people may soon cut down or even stop drinking with this harsh economy and might pay attention to their health instead....

Ppl will never stop drinking BC of harsh economy it is a habit cool u can open a bar n a consulting clinic not a hospital

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
ogawisdom:

Ppl will never stop drinking BC of harsh economy it is a habit cool u can open a bar n a consulting clinic not a hospital

Nice thought but do you think people don't patronize hospitals in Lagos as well?
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by ogawisdom(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
datigbogirl:

Nice thought but do you think people don't patronize hospitals in Lagos as well?

Ppl will always go to hospital but it takes time to build ur reputation n patients base n make it profitable given ur overhead costs. Most successful hospital owners r doctors dt work in Govt hospital where they divert many patients to their private hospital. Onces u r known n proven good esp in surgery or gyneacology ur hospital will b filled with patients

1 Like

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by porozhniy(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Consulting clinic/pharmacy.
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
ogawisdom:

Ppl will always go to hospital but it takes time to build ur reputation n patients base n make it profitable given ur overhead costs. Most successful hospital owners r doctors dt work in Govt hospital where they divert many patients to their private hospital. Onces u r known n proven good esp in surgery or gyneacology ur hospital will b filled with patients

So wat you're essentially saying is dat a bar is better in the short run while hospital is real long term business if i get you right.

1 Like

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
porozhniy:
Consulting clinic/pharmacy.

Not a pharmacist...
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by porozhniy(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

Not a pharmacist...
Partner with one. Aside drug dispensing, you could also do hospital supplies (especially disposables), lab reagents etc. Technology has made it easier to monitor inputs & outputs of a retail business so you don't need to be present 24/7. I feel the Doc/Pharm combo is a viable option given the present economic situation, but what do i know . . .

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
porozhniy:
Partner with one. Aside drug dispensing, you could also do hospital supplies (especially disposables), lab reagents etc. Technology has made it easier to monitor inputs & outputs of a retail business so you don't need to be present 24/7. I feel the Doc/Pharm combo is a viable option given the present economic situation, but what do i know . . .

Not the pharmacists of today..... All of them don dey carry nose, b4 you know dem go sey na you and dem geh hospital.... No be me!
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by porozhniy(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

Not the pharmacists of today..... All of them don dey carry nose, b4 you know dem go sey na you and dem geh hospital.... No be me!
Private businesses don't work that way. You only have such power tussle in govt owned hospitals. Sole ownership or partnership? For someone willing to invest in the hospitality industry (unfamiliar territory), building your business around the medical line shouldn't be a hard decision to make.
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by Tjohnnay: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
Bros na bear parlour sure pass dis days o

Ppl no dey go hospital again o, u self na wao u wn open hospital make ppl dey sick??.

Try even open jedi joint cus na agbo jedi dey do am nw o, local herbs
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
Tjohnnay:
Bros na bear parlour sure pass dis days o

Ppl no dey go hospital again o, u self na wao u wn open hospital make ppl dey sick??.

Try even open jedi joint cus na agbo jedi dey do am nw o, local herbs

Very funny dude.... But it's quite true tho....
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
porozhniy:
Private businesses don't work that way. You only have such power tussle in govt owned hospitals. Sole ownership or partnership? For someone willing to invest in the hospitality industry (unfamiliar territory), building your business around the medical line shouldn't be a hard decision to make.

It only happens in a govt hospital cos that's where pharmacists are really needed... Most private hospitals run perfectly without pharmacists... A doctor is d main person patients come to see that's why he carries the bulk of the responsibility on his head. I really do not need a pharmacist to run a hospital... An ordinary auxiliary nurse sef will suffice.
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by BoboFashion(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

Lol, odikwa egwu.
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
BoboFashion:

Lol, odikwa egwu.

What does that mean?
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by BoboFashion(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

What does that mean?

Sorry, thought u re igbo
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
BoboFashion:

Sorry, thought u re igbo

Is dat what it means?
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
BoboFashion:

Sorry, thought u re igbo

Dats great!
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by BoboFashion(m): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

Is dat what it means?

No, it doesn't mean anything special sha
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by Trybes(m): 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
Don't just know what to say here. Sounds hilarious comparing a noble job like medicine to beer parlour business. Is it that medic practice has nose dive or you really don't know how to run hospital bizness. Na wa o!
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by datigbogirl: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Trybes:
Don't just know what to say here. Sounds hilarious comparing a noble job like medicine to beer parlour business. Is it that medic practice has nose dive or you really don't know how to run hospital bizness. Na wa o!

You think every noble profession automatically guarantees financial success ryt?

I'm here to make money by any means legally possible.... I know the hassles experienced with patients in private hospitals as a Doctor which i doubt you do.... And i know the average Nigerians loves the highlife even at the expense of their health.

Hence the "comparison."

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by Fingerprinter(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
datigbogirl:

You think every noble profession automatically guarantees financial success ryt?

I'm here to make money by any means legally possible.... I know the hassles experienced with patients in private hospitals as a Doctor which i doubt you do.... And i know the average Nigerians loves the highlife even at the expense of their health.

Hence the "comparison."
Don't mind the guy.
My uncle, a doctor too is running a beer parlor. You just have to get someone with experience in the business to manage the place!
Re: Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? by afanide: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
Invest Wisely........
Hospitality is a better option.......

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions / Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award / Make Money Buying From Auction Sites In UK And Selling Online In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.