Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award (4435 Views)

Terry Waya At Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Pictures & Video) / Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu / Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by eyesoflagostv: 6:45am On Apr 16, 2018
DANGOTE BAGS ABU TOP CORPORATE AWARD
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/04/dangote-bags-abu-top-corporate-award.html

Africa’s foremost philanthropist and president of the Dangote Group Aliko Dangote has bagged ABU’s top Corporate Award. The Award was conferred on him by the Ahmadu Bello University Alumni Association. Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, The 2018 Corporate Award was presented to the top industrialist in view of the numerous contributions of his conglomerate to the development of the educational sector in Nigeria, the Association’s National President Professor Ahmed Tijani Mora said. Professor Mora said the interventions of the Aliko Dangote Foundation in the educational sector over the years have been unprecedented through, especially, the sponsorship of various scholarship programmes. Reading his citation, Professor Mora said apart from the $100million donation to fight malnutrition, Mr. Dangote is a ‘dedicated philanthropist’ who has also “made an initial endowment of $1.25billion to the Aliko Dangote Foundation in March 2014.” He said Dangote Foundation has constructed 10 blocks of hostels for ABU Zaria. According to him, the Association has 12 governors as alumni, adding that one in every four Nigerian is governed by the alumni of the school. The Dangote Academy located in Obajana Kogi State is yet another contribution of the Group to education to Nigeria, he said. The Group’s executive director, Stakeholders Management and Corporate Communication Engr Ahmed Mansur who received the award on behalf of Africa’s richest person Aliko Dangote, said the award will spur the conglomerate to scale up its intervention programmes in all sectors. Mr. Mansur, while thanking the Association, said the Dangote Group will not rest on its oars in ensuring that the educational sector achieved its rightful place in Nigeria. He said the Dangote Group has pumped billions of naira into the educational sector over the years, even as it planned to officially launched another multi-million naira hostel, with the capacity to accommodate 1,440 students at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. It would be recalled that the Group had only recently donated a World Class Dangote Business School worth N1.2bn to the Bayero University Kano, and building another one in University of Ibadan worth N250million. Earlier, it donated N200 million to Katsina State University while N500 million for Bayero State University Business School in Kano. Funding was also provided for the construction of a 500 capacity student hostel complex of the University of Science and Technology, Wudil. The Group also gave N118 million for a squash complex project at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka main campus and another N50 million to the University of Port Harcourt, as well as N100million for the proposed Otuoke University. Speaking earlier, the Vice Chancellor of the University Professor Ibrahim Garba commended the awardees, and added that all hands must be on the deck to rescue the educational sector. Professor Garba said out of the about eighty thousand applicants yearly, of which thirty thousand are qualified, only 11,500 eventually get admitted due to limited facility. Other awardees include: Deputy Secretary General of the UN, Amina J. Muhammad, the SGF, Boss Mustafa, NNPC MD, Maikanti Baru, NPA MD, Hadiza Bala Usman, Ace Banker Hayatudeen Muhammad and the Governors of Gombe, Nasarawa, Kebbi, Kano, Bauchi and Adamawa among others.

Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Kingdollar28(m): 6:46am On Apr 16, 2018
Congratulations sir,
Na ur brain dy do am 4 u ooh...

Why not contest for 2019 presidential election??

U fit win ooh
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by veekid(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2018
Money outweighing everything
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Sarang(f): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2018
smiley Congrats to him

Please check my signature
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by lonelydora: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2018
I read it as 'Buys' when i first saw the topic.

I have been thinking lately....Is it not better to hustle at young age without going to school first, when you make it you can buy all the certificates and awards you want?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Tybabe0001(m): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2018
Am learning a new lesson
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2018
Rephrase topic to: ABU begs Dangote for money using award.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by legendabiodun(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2018
Kingdollar28:
Congratulations sir,

U fit win ooh

then u will know that's a leader and a business man are two different things .. if only e has d those two attribute.
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Angelb4: 7:34am On Apr 16, 2018
Dangote can bag anything anything. If I were him, I would bag Mr. Africa sef. Money talketh
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 16, 2018
nice
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Offpoint: 7:36am On Apr 16, 2018
I'm designing free logo to 20 Nairalanders, you can check my profile to join
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Izzy002(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2018
I don’t even know why I’m still in school
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by crafteck(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2018
Kingdollar28:
Congratulations sir,

U fit win ooh

He would definitely would but is he ready to serve, most people enter not knowing what the position is, no be class captain oooo, na listening to a million pains for thousands of days and trying to alleviate their plight, not just to enter by good luck allow onces wife to patiently pack money or to articulately get there for the sake of the name, if you cant achieve the OBJectives you set out for the people, its better to stick to the farms
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by SokoDobo: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2018
Congratulations Alhaji Dangote
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by deepwater(f): 7:42am On Apr 16, 2018
Dangote
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Suko110(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2018
With monopoly of everything who can compete with him?? He join wetin dey hold dis country down. Who know, know.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by ofuonyebi: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2018
Haba, money in 9ja can buy u anything....i don't know why ...gote had not received a Prof. or kabiyesi or eze igwe or imam award by now...i know very

soon we shall see
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Timekeeper: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2018
This man Wan kill Bayero University with money. After 1.2bi building, still donated 500 mi.. Guys Coman see this building, na truly world class... The building madt gan.... Bayero University making me high
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by Timekeeper: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2018
But why Bayero University no come give am any honorary award in their past convocation...
Guys watch out, the next project in buk called BUK square... A pyramid surrounded with grass and water just like swimming pool
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by donqx: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Dangote Bags Abu Top Corporate Award by akum78: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
OK

(1) (Reply)

Questions On Non-Interest Banking For Mallam Sanusi / Starting Export Business In Nigeria / Please I Need Your Candid Advice, I Need A Business Idea Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.