Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

What is Internet Marketing? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What is Internet Marketing? (1325 Views)

Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This / Is Internet Business Real? / How Safe Is Internet Banking In Nigeria And Which Bank(s) Will You Recommend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is Internet Marketing? by bolaoni(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2006
Internet Marketing: What is it?

So many definitions have been given to Internet marketing and these definitions depend on the people making these definitions. Since there are so many businesses being ran on the Internet, there is bound to be different definitions.

The way an infopreneur sees Internet marketing will be different from an MLMer’s point of view. Those in forex and hyips will also define it to suit themselves. I was researching for a proper definition and this is the one I see as better than the rest:
” Internet marketing is the use of the Internet to advertise and sell goods and services. Internet Marketing includes pay per click advertising, banner ads, e-mail marketing, interactive advertising, search engine marketing (including search engine optimization), blog marketing, and article marketing.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_marketing)

From the above definition, for you to run an online business, you must have something to offer in exchange for other people’s money. You can start selling your own products/services or represent other people that have products to sell (a reseller).

When I was introduced to Internet marketing, my first impression of it was that it was all about teaching other people how to market on the Internet. In my ignorance, I, as a newbie, started a site to teach people hot to make money online when I haven’t even made a dime yet. The site died a natural death because there was no knowledge to sustain it. Unfortunately, there are still so many people with this same mindset.

When i sat to really study this field, I discovered that Internet Marketing is all about selling a product/service that you are passionate about. It is all about bringing your passion online and selling it to people that will gladly pay for it. I love anything motivational, so I naturally should be running a motivational business online. I have about three motivational websites making HUGE impact on the Internet and all over the world now.

If you are a Medical Doctor, an Accountant, a Lawyer, a Traditional Doctor or even an Engineer, you can exploit the Internet to showcase your specialized knowledge for the whole world to access and possibly pay for it. I have seen so many Medical websites, so also are Law, Accounting, Engineering, Consultancy and so other specialized websites.

If you have a special knowledge that you know will be useful to others, the Internet is the best place to take it to. Do you like writing books, manuals or even reports? You can gain global advantage by sharing it online. You can put your knowledge into audio and video format and also sell it online. There is actually no limit to what you can do online.

There is no knowledge that you possess that cannot be sold online. I have seen pet owners set up websites to share with others, how they groom their pets and people gladly pay them for the information. I have also seen bakers put baking recipes up for sale. Those who know how to sew have websites, hairstylists, vehicle drivers, dating coaches, career counsellors, poets, and graphic artists, just name any professions and you will see them online.

Like I am won’t to say, all you need is the knowledge and guidance. if you have a special knowledge and you think somebody, somewhere will need it, just contact me and I will be willing to help you put it online. Send every email to: Bola@imgiveaways.com and let us chat.

The Internet offers so much opportunity that we all know. I can’t quantify all I have gained in the short time I have been using the Internet to give expression to my passion. You too can experience same and even surpass me if you are willing to put in your all.

The choice is YOURS!

Adebola Oni

Source: http://www.imgiveaways.com
Re: What is Internet Marketing? by SkyeAyers: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
it is always difficult to find the right company for marketing. There is one company digital marketing company for such excellent services. Their services are also cheap and of good quality.
Re: What is Internet Marketing? by jackfruit800: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
What do you think about some offline marketing items like those Soft Enamel Pins, for example? I think they are really good for this purpose too, have a look there
Re: What is Internet Marketing? by SharedServices: 4:49am On Sep 12, 2021
jackfruit800:
What do you think about some offline marketing items like those Soft Enamel Pins, for example? I think they are really good for this purpose too, have a look there

(1) (Reply)

Business Idea Please / Rock Factory For Men Leather Shoes Production & Wholesale Of All Men Leather Sh / Buy Thermos Flask @ Cheapest Price For Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.