Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How MTN Stole My Credit - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Stole My Credit (926 Views)

See How MTN Accidentally Breaches Subscribers Airtime Balance Privacy / How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / My Mum Called Me And MTN Deducted My Credit :- "Receiver Pays" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Stole My Credit by gen2lpat(m): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2016
OK, last night i recharged two onecard #200 on my MTN line and bought a #100 card in bid to subscribe for the 1G @ #500 plan on mtn Pulse.
After successful recharge, i went straight to type in the code to subscribe and alas, i got a reply that my account balance could not get me to subscribe to the plan.

I hurriedly pressed the home touch, navigated swiftly to phone and dial *556#. Was shocked when i saw #497. At this point i knew there was nothing i could do to get another airtime because it was already late. The only option was to wait ill the next morning.

Today, i wanted to make a call but decided to check my balance first before making any call(s). And to my greatest surprise, my account balance is #37. I dont know where the remaining money went to. Did my spirit wake up @ night and started making night calls?

I am really pissed right now. MTN stole my money. And what happened to "Account Secirity"? I am beginning to think my money is not safe with MTN. I am sure some people have similar stories to share. Please share your story.
Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by Lahotte(m): 11:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Call customer care na... abi u will just allow them cheat u like that...

Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by gen2lpat(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2016
Have been placed on hold longer than boko haram have existed. Its annoying. And to chat with their CC is another issue. This is just the height of Comm Theft.

Lala, do the needful. This has got to stop
Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by habtund(f): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2016
they did similar thing to me .....pele ooo.. call their customer care
Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by gen2lpat(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
Now i cant access their chat again. Says its not secure.

Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by walexmini(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
i think say na only me mtn dey deduct my money o..

I Recharge N200 and N100 respectively 4days ago, to my surprise wen i wanted to make call in d night i saw N120 left on my acnt without making calls or browsing.
i sharperly call their customer care on 181 and explained, they told me the software to check my sim status to confirm the deduction is not available, pls giv us a call back in the next 24hrs.

To my greatest sadness surprise, i Recharge N100 the next day, after few hrs wen i wanted to make call, my spirit just told me to check my balance 1st, guess wat i saw?.... it was N10, damn! i was crazy dis time around called their CC blast them and at the end they apologized and told me same story.

My guy, nobody tell me before i use usain bolt port to Glo afterall am on the same call rate (11kb/sec after N5 charged).
Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by gen2lpat(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
walexmini:
i think say na only me mtn dey deduct my money o..

I Recharge N200 and N100 respectively 4days ago, to my surprise wen i wanted to make call in d night i saw N120 left on my acnt without making calls or browsing.
i sharperly call their customer care on 181 and explained, they told me the software to check my sim status to confirm the deduction is not available, pls giv us a call back in the next 24hrs.

To my greatest sadness surprise, i Recharge N100 the next day, after few hrs wen i wanted to make call, my spirit just told me to check my balance 1st, guess wat i saw?.... it was N10, damn! i was crazy dis time around called their CC blast them and at the end they apologized and told me same story.

My guy, nobody tell me before i use usain bolt port to Glo afterall am on the same call rate (11kb/sec after N5 charged).

Bro, i don vex tire. Them even pick your call. Them place me on hold sote my battery run down. Someone should get me a lawyer. Need to sue them. Mumu Telecom Network(MTN)
Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by walexmini(m): 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
gen2lpat:

Bro, i don vex tire. Them even pick your call. Them place me on hold sote my battery run down. Someone should get me a lawyer. Need to sue them. Mumu Telecom Network(MTN)
wow, and they do pick my call here asap, infact highest waiting is 2min. dial 181 and press 1 to store your language, then press 3 and 0 respectively to speak with their representative. picture attached; they pick d call within 50 sec yesterday

Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by gen2lpat(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2016
walexmini:
wow, and they do pick my call here asap, infact highest waiting is 2min. dial 181 and press 1 to store your language, then press 3 and 0 respectively to speak with their representative. picture attached; they pick d call within 50 sec yesterday

Its well. Make them.come thief again. My MTN line now is only for recieving calls.
Re: How MTN Stole My Credit by GentleJacks: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2016
So, sorry for what happened. I've actually experienced such too but it was promptly resolved when I got in touch wiv them thru their twitter handle @MTN180. I assure you of a prompt resolution when you do..

(1) (Reply)

All About Mtn-xtrabyte / Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Replacements Have New Issues / Kgdjteg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.