Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life (1371 Views)

LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life / Four Nigerian Songs You Have Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life! / 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by ped007(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2016
I can’t wait to ruin your childhood memories!!

Everyone waxes nostalgic when they remember their childhoods. If you had a bad childhood, don’t worry I’m about to ruin the ones of those that had good ones.

Growing up in Naija, we had some songs we’ve been singing since we were toddlers. We learnt these songs and joined the multitude that has been singing it wrong for ages.

Here are some songs that many Nigerians have been singing wrong since they were kids:

1. Sandalili Sandalili

Every primary school child from the 90’s knows this song. We sang it and we were proud. But did you know we’ve been singing it all wrong since time immemorial?

"The correct thing is Standard living, standard living".
I wonder how we made the jump from standard living to sandalili.

2. The most excellency is Jesus
This is another song many Christians sing. I bet you will hear this when you go to church on Sunday.
The correct wording is: "The most excellent king is Jesus".
Don’t worry, it is okay to cry...

3. Jangilova epo motor
This was another favourite of us when it comes to playing games. I wonder where we got Jangilova when it is:
"Jingle over like a motor"

4. Osingo Osingo, Praise the Lord
This song is actually “O sing my soul, praise the Lord”. But as Nigerians, we have invented our own version lol.

IF YOU ARE GUILTY; NO SHAME IN ADMITTING IT... LWKMD {sandalili}
Add yours
source: http://omgvoice.com/lifestyle/nigerian-songs-singing-wrong/?geoip&country=NG

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by ped007(m): 8:25am On Jun 27, 2016
Me self dey GUILTY 100% shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by fingard02k(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
I have seen this post before
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by ped007(m): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2016
fingard02k:
I have seen this post before
I have seen you here before....

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by stigmond(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2016
Lolsss, wetin we sabi then!!! We sang it so loud with our gaped teeth then...
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by ped007(m): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2016
stigmond:
Lolsss, wetin we sabi then!!! We sang it so loud with our gaped teeth then...
Lol.... U follo use ur teeth buy akara abi
grin grin grin
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by olatunjithomas(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2016
checking for the one I sang right . . . . . . . scanning.............. . . . ... . . . . . . scanning 99%........ . . . . . . . . . Obviously none.
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by ped007(m): 9:28am On Jun 27, 2016
lalasticlala & seun lets ask more people jare
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by David25(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2016
Chaiii
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by ped007(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2016
CC: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44. davide470, uboma, , Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Iykestix: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2016
No4 surprised me ooo

Osingo singo praise dah Lord
So we HV been singing a remix since
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by deanoffaculty: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Also...." we bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord/2x ......and as we offer."on to thee........."
The song is actually " We bring the sacrifice of Praise into your house, Oh dear Lord/2x....and we offer on to thee a sacrifices of thanksgiving.............of praise".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Your Village Wizards Take Over(picture) / Some Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs / This Guy Deserve Mumu Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.