Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Cultism In Nigeria - Imoke, Exco Members Denounce Secret Cults - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cultism In Nigeria - Imoke, Exco Members Denounce Secret Cults (1859 Views)

Breaking: Boko Haram Members Denounce Membership Of Sect / BREAKING NEWS-- 10 Adamawa APC Exco Members Defect To PDP / No Single Yoruba In New PDP Elected EXCO Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cultism In Nigeria - Imoke, Exco Members Denounce Secret Cults by GEW: 7:21am On Sep 04, 2009
[size=28pt] Imoke, exco members denounce secret cults[/size]

Kunle Awosiyan, Lagos - 04.09.2009

Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross River State, his Deputy, Mr. Efiok Cobham, members of the State Executive Council and permanent secretaries have denounced membership of secret cults, fraternities and or illegal societies.

The action was taken, Wednesday, before the commencement of the weekly State Executive Council meeting with everyone publicly reading his or her denunciation form, signed it and submitted personally to the governor.

According to the document which was titled “Oath of denunciation of secret cults, fraternities and or illegal societies for public office holders,” each person pledged thus: “I do solemnly swear and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and hereby denounce and adjure that: as a public office holder, I have never been; I am not and; will never be a member of or be associated with a secret cult, fraternity or illegal society for which I shall be liable to prosecution for contravening the Public Order (Prohibition of Secret Cult and Offensive Weapons) Law, other extant Laws and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I swear and pledge to employ my best endeavours to disclose and expose any person serving as a Public Office Holder who is a member of a secret cult, fraternity or illegal society to the relevant authorities.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/04092009/news/news8.html

this na rumour or wayo?

(1) (Reply)

Army To Court-martial General, Colonel Over Multi-billion Naira Housing Scheme / Is Patiance Jonathan An Igbo Woman? How Come She Speaks Igbo / Jonathan Should Be Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.