Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? (3519 Views)

Aisha Yar'adua Stuns In New Photo / Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors / Why Do Ibos Hate Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2016
who gives a flying fvck who you hate or don't hate.

your hatred for buhari didn't stop him from becoming the President.

you loved Jonathan, then he lost Aso rock.

you loved Yar'adua, then he lost his life.

who your love don help?

get a life already and stop hate-mongering all over the place.

yeye.

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by ziccoit: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:
Ibos hate tyrant nepotist El-dullardeen Buhari because hates them too. The hate is mutual.

Why didn't Ibos hate Yar'adua, was yar'adua not fulani?

grin grin grin

Because Yar'dua was voted in by the PDP which happened to be a party Ibo people are in love with. APC is believed to be a Yoruba party and hated by the ibo. It was like putting salt in a fresh wound when such a party then outsmarted Mr Gej, the anointed child of Ibos, of PDP to produce a Fulani president.

As simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by PentiumPro(f): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2016
Alaanyihaji:
[s]Na you sabi, are you exempted from the chain brought by the change.?[/s]

So you are in chains? While some people are just making their first millions and others are still making their millions in this same Nigeria? My the chains hold you forever then. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2016
spread math
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by PentiumPro(f): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:
Ibos hate tyrant nepotist El-dullardeen Buhari because hates them too. The hate is mutual.

grin grin grin

Who has your love help in Nigeria? Anything you touch politically get into trouble.
See what your present love and affection greed is giving Bukola Saraki. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by daveson2020(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2016
We did not hate him, we just sees him as our opportunity of bringing up our biafra agenda because we know he will play to our intelligence. His reaction and killing of unarmed youths is what justifies all we have been saying about him.
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by obailala(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

Mr 'I'm Ibo' let's us hold hands and support buhari in the killing of unarmed protesters in the East for the sake one nigeria unity. grin grin grin
Bla bla bla.. bleedy wailers!... You hated Buhari with an indescribable passion even before he stepped foot into aso rock and it was all due to an inseparable jonathanian sentiment. So tell that your rudderless story of 'buhari killing Igbos' to the birds...

ANd yes, I am an Igbo man and I supported Buhari's emergence and I am still supporting him to deliver on his promises. For you bleedy intolerant tribalists who believe that every easterner must hate buhari and APC with a diabolic passion to prove Igboness (such senselessness), if it pains you so much that people like me exists, you can do yourself a favour by jumping in front of one of those PH to Enugu trains tongue or you can feel free to call me yoloba as most of your brainless ilk do tongue I have no problem with that any more.

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by obailala(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2016
quid:

GEJ made Nigeria biggest african economy.

Under El-dullardeen, one tomato costs over 400 naira.
GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria too, how could you forget that?

Besides, what does that have to do with this topic?
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by Akissani: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
1)Buhari kicked dia ass during civil war
2)dey have personal hatred for Hausa/fulani, and de reason dey even voted yar'adua was dat in 2007 the strongest political parties dat contested the election were PDP, ANPP, AC with Yar'adua, Buhari and Atiku as the candidates respectively of which all of dem wer northerners. Their hatred for Buhari because of civil war couldn't let dem vote for him, they refused to vote Atiku because dey were told by Obasanjo and others that Atiku looted the nations treasury wen he was VP and dat AC was a yoruba party, so dey wer left wit no choice dan to vote yar' adua
3)dey taught Buhari's political career ended after 2011 election and after d emergence of APC dey hated every member of APC because dey taught Hausa and Yoruba have ganged up against dem
4)their hatred for Buhari increased wen after all their hate campaign Jonathan their Adopted son was heavily defeated

But Igbo na wa for una o, even South south wey Jonathan from no Hate Buhari d way una hate am....Haba na wetn Buhari do una na him kill Aguyi Ironsi? Or abi na him fault se una loose civil war? Or abi na him fault se una no fit produce president for Nigeria? Or abi na the Trauma of defeat of last presidential election na still dey worry una?
Ahbeg anything wey Buhari do una make una forgive am.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by zendy: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

grin grin grin

Yaradua didn't stay long in power and even as at that, he was hardly visible. Yaradua also wasn't a confrontational president. I don't think he ever said anything about crushing anyone, infact, his short reign saw peace and stabilisation in the Niger Delta. Buhari never any good history with Igbos and to make matters worse, he came in and showed his hand a person hates Igbos. Under Buhari, militancy has returned to the Niger Delta and the shout for Biafra has gotten louder. It all goes to show that Buhari isn't much of a leader.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by tomquest: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

grin grin grin

I must confess, this your topic/question sounds shocking but quite thought-provoking. Igbos actually loved Yar Adua. And I must admit quite a lot of Igbos dislike Buhari.

Buhari has done a lot of things in the past and present to contribute to the present way he's being perceived by some sections of Nigeria. He's largely seen as an Islamist, a nepotistic individual and a very mean-hearted ex soldier. All these things are echoed in the way he talks and acts, for instance the 97/5 percent statements he made.

His deployment of soldiers to kill unarmed protesting eastern youths on several occasions aptly describes the kind of mean heart he possesses.

Does he have a listening ear like Yar Adua? Certainly no.

Is he a sincere man? Buhari is indeed a living example of Hypocrisy on two feet. Pretence is his middle name- how do one explain all the lies he told during APC's campaign, about being a "poor Daura farmer"? And how do we even grasp his assertion that Abacha wasn't corrupt? Oh even Tinubu isn't corrupt! (I dance in Zulu).

Buhari's quest for power cost Nigerians several lives on two different occasions. He showed no remorse. And if Jonathan had refused to step down in 2015, only God knows the degree of bloodshed this nation would have witnessed...ALL IN THE NAME OF BUHARI- just one old, fragile human being who has enjoyed power since his early thirties... SMH.

Lastly, igbos consider fronting Buhari for the presidency as a huge slap to sanity because:

1) he was a coup plotter who destroyed a democratic dispensation;
2) he has no basic qualification such as WAEC, meaning his admission into the army is simply FRAUD;
3) he was feared to be linked or sympathetic to Boko Haram.

Yar Adua (May his soul rest in peace) was a man of peace, love and intelligence. A true Nigerian president, unlike the present NORTHERN PRESIDENT occupying Aso Rock.

God help Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by cjrane: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Yar'adua was a detribalized statesman.
Although he was Fulani and Muslim, he treated every Nigetia with a sense of equality.

Unlike the parochial bigot in Aso rock now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by kelly72: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Justdulla:

Shut up if you dont know history..The Only reason they hate Buhari is because he fought them in the civil war and his vice is a yoruba man...if his vice was from the east or south south,they wud ave been cool with him.

Basketmouth, did u say because he fought them in the war. Is he the only one who fought that war on Nigeria's side? Where your sense travel go?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by jerusalem101: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Simply because Late President Musa Yar Adua of blessed Memory was an Intelligent leaders, liberal minded and flexible who understand the intricacy of governing a Country plight with ethno-religious sentiment unlike the narrow minded dictator and a well engraved religious and ethnic bigot in the person of President Muhammadu Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by tomquest: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
If not for the fact that no one cares anymore about history and Truth in Nigeria, Hausas and Yorubas should have attested to the plain fact that a large chunk of Igbos refused to vote for Buhari not because of his tribe or religion, but basically because of his antecedence and his present body language.

In the past, a good chunk of Igbos voted for Abiola, Obasanjo, Yar Adua and even Goodluck Jonathan. All these guys weren't Igbos. Tell me who is more detribalized in present day Nigeria than millions of Igbo sons and daughters born and living in different corners of Nigeria, speaking their various languages fluently and contributing to developing their respective communities?

But sadly, today, Igbos are now labelled as tribalistic simply because many of them didn't vote for CHAINS in the guise of CHANGE.

I think posterity shall judge Nigerians appropriately.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by Enrichlee(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

I agree with you my yoruba musleem brother. grin grin
not only ve u guys divided Nigeria across ethnic lines, u now divide d Yoruba race based on religion...smh! So much for one Nigeria
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

grin grin grin
Because at the time the hope was that he was going to "hand over" power to them after his tenure.
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
id911:

That may not be true bro. I‘m not igbo and I may not called him names. I dont like him personally because of how Buhari humiliated Southern leaders and people in the past like Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Fela, Alex Ekwueme, etc, but pampered his hausa/Fulani brothers.
The very first politician to set Chief Awolowo up and send him to prison on false, trumped up charges was an Ibo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe. Do you now hate PERSONALLY, too?
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by meforyou1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
Justdulla:

Shut up if you dont know history..The Only reason they hate Buhari is because he fought them in the civil war and his vice is a yoruba man...if his vice was from the east or south south,they wud ave been cool with him.
forget VP. Igbos hatred for Buhari is real and mutual.
When he took Late Okadigbo for VP, we didn't vote him.
On the other hand, YarAdua was a great man. His brother, Late Shehu YarAdua especially.
We don't have problem with hausa fulanis. Just buhari. IBB also fought the civil war but we like him.
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by meforyou1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
PentiumPro:

Who has your love help in Nigeria? Anything you touch politically get into trouble.
See what your present love and affection greed is giving Bukola Saraki. grin
where have u been tribalist? We love Saraki. And he's the Senate President
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by Igboid: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
The very first politician to set Chief Awolowo up and send him to prison on false, trumped up charges was an Ibo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe. Do you now hate PERSONALLY, too?

Heaven wails for your ignorance and hell bows at your display of folly.

Awo, Enahoro and his fellow AG traitors, were found guilty of treason and corrupt practices in a federal court of justice, and were rightly jailed. The charges were not trumped up charges as Awo lawyers couldn't disprove them, it wasn't a military court proceedings, it was a civil court. The presiding judge was a Yoruba man, the man who was Awo's arch enemy that wanted him booted out to replace him was a Yoruba man named Akintola.

The man who vowed to see Awo dealt with and replaced by Akintola, for Awo's sin of trying to topple his government from power in a civilian coup was Tafawa Balewa.

The man who pleaded that Awo and his co conspirators be imprisoned in the East, instead of the North, where angry northern mob could have lynched them to death or the angry northern prison wards would have poisoned their sorry asses was Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Pray tell, how did your Igbophobic Yoruboid/ Edoic brain arrive at the conclusion of Zik being responsible for Awo travails?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by Idrismusty97(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

Did Ibos vote him when he used an Ibo VP? grin
No they didn't, just like they didn't vote for Ojukwu.
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Justdulla:

Like they were cool with Buhari/Okadigbo ?
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Idrismusty97:
No they didn't, just like they didn't vote for Ojukwu.
So, we can conclude they are not tribally minded.
Igbos
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by MirabelArode(f): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
obailala:
[s]Bla bla bla.. bleedy wailers!... You hated Buhari with an indescribable passion even before he stepped foot into aso rock and it was all due to an inseparable jonathanian sentiment. So tell that your rudderless story of 'buhari killing Igbos' to the birds...

ANd yes, I am an Igbo man and I supported Buhari's emergence and I am still supporting him to deliver on his promises. For you bleedy intolerant tribalists who believe that every easterner must hate buhari and APC with a diabolic passion to prove Igboness (such senselessness), if it pains you so much that people like me exists, you can do yourself a favour by jumping in front of one of those PH to Enugu trains tongue or you can feel free to call me yoloba as most of your brainless ilk do tongue I have no problem with that any more.[/s]

Rantings of a disgraced yoruba muslim from Nwabodo village in Haynugu. Where is amaechi1 sef? Your fellow 'we Ibos' from Nwabodo village?

You are Igbo just as I am Eskimo. Where is Rose2014 my lovely sister sef? grin grin
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
I think Igbo, Ijaw, Efik, even those in Ekiti, are tired of the recycling of Military coupist that come in to enrich some Fulani, some Yoruba, and the West and Chinese companies to the detriment of Africa.

The last election of 2015 actually awoke a sleeping giant and got him thinking about what being black or African is, starting with the very N.igga area name and seeing it was and will forever be a zoo crafted to enrich the people/groups already mentioned.

BTW, did you hear dullard wants to borrow billions from China?
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by Rose2014: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
MirabelArode:

Rantings of a disgraced yoruba muslim from Nwabodo village in Haynugu. Where is amaechi1 sef? Your fellow 'we Ibos' from Nwabodo village?

You are Igbo just as I am Eskimo. Where is Rose2014 my lovely sister sef? grin grin

Here I am dearie

The guy u quoted may be from the Igbo part of Ondo state angry grin

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by kettle84(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
Justdulla:

Didn't obasanjo fight Igbo's during the civil war ? isn't his vice an Hausa man? Buhari hates igbo so igbos have no choice but to return the fire of hate too. it is a game of 'back to sender'
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Igboid:

Heaven wails for your ignorance and hell bows at your display of folly.

Awo, Enahoro and his fellow AG traitors, were found guilty of treason and corrupt practices in a federal court of justice, and were rightly jailed. The charges were not trumped up charges as Awo lawyers couldn't disprove them, it wasn't a military court proceedings, it was a civil court. The presiding judge was a Yoruba man, the man who was Awo's arch enemy that wanted him booted out to replace him was a Yoruba man named Akintola.

The man who vowed to see Awo dealt with and replaced by Akintola, for Awo's sin of trying to topple his government from power in a civilian coup was Tafawa Balewa.

The man who pleaded that Awo and his co conspirators be imprisoned in the East, instead of the North, where angry northern mob could have lynched them to death or the angry northern prison wards would have poisoned their sorry asses was Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Pray tell, how did your Igbophobic Yoruboid/ Edoic brain arrive at the conclusion of Zik being responsible for Awo travails?

BECAUSE I KNOW YOUR HISTORY BETTER THAN YOU DO!

Whether Azikiwe had collaborators among Awolowo's people is not the issue here, the point is your own brother tried to twist history by blaming Buhari's jailing of Awolowo (at the truncation of the Second Republic) as the reason why ibos hate him. I then replied him and you retorted with even more lies. What is wrong with you guys? Do y'all have a single bone of Love in your bodies or its just hate, intolerance and anger you were all created with?
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by kachola: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
you guy should go and sit one side. igbos hate buhary becouse its APC. igbos never belief APC will win election since we igbo voted massivly for PDP and Apc worn that were the hatered started. not becouse of buhary himself. Am an igbo but i never supported PDP frm onset, becouse they did noting to south east.
Re: Why Didn't Ibos Hate Yar'adua A Fulani? by MirabelArode(f): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Here I am dearie

The guy u quoted may be from the Igbo part of Ondo state angry grin

Kikikikikikiki! ngbo! obailala! you are from ibo part of ondo. So we have a Nwabodo village in ondo too? Good gracious! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of Afonja / (photo)picture They Say Is Worth A Thousand Words. Indeed Images Speaks / The Economists: Biafran Separatists Are Gaining Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.