Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. (2296 Views)

5 Of The World’s Longest Trucks You Will Never See On Nigerian Roads / Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Explorers(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2016
So scary, saw it on IG and decided to share it. You can do the same.

1 Share

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Hollawaley(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2016
Geez!
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by femmy2010(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Scary
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by nepapole(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Damn!!
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Prodigee: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2016
Ouch!
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by uwagimboo: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2016
Chisos!!

I hope the driver saw it on time nd took a dive. Thou it would be difficult if he was on seat belt.
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by olatunjithomas(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2016
yeepa ,this one is serious
eleyi gidi gann
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by vizkiz: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2016
Why will I even wanna drive behind trucks after watching final destination undecided

5 Likes

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28am On Jun 27, 2016
no blood on the Rods, possibly driver is safe.
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Adesiji77: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2016
This is scary! shocked
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Donkaz(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2016
jeez!!! This one is strong
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by d33types: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2016
vizkiz:
Why will I even wanna drive behind trucks after watching final destination undecided

I tell you,I never try it.I'd rather back off and let somebody overtake me
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by vizkiz: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:

I tell you,I never try it.I'd rather back off and let somebody overtake me

lol...Nobody wants to die
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Omike85(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2016
shocked
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2016
This picture does not make sense. I hope those bloggers and picture distorters are not at it again. It might be the angle of the camera but with the length of those rods, the rods should be dragging on the road normally making it difficult for them to enter the car that way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 27, 2016
0rex:
This picture does not make sense. I hope those bloggers and picture distorters are not at it again. It might be the angle of the camera but with the length of those rods, the rods should be dragging on the road normally making it difficult for them to enter the car that way.

Correct. I thought I was the only one who'd noticed.

4 Likes

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Mrtesso: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2016
Safety inscription on a large vehicle:

"If you cant see my mirrors, I cant see you"

Well...I saw this sometime ago while riding behind a tipper. Of cos from my position, it was obvious I wasn't within his mirrors capture. So whatever action I took getting so close to him was to my detriment.

I reckon it's usually not safe to follow any large vehicle at close proximity, because they usually have more blindspots than smaller vehicles.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Mrtesso: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2016
Looks to me like the damaged car was parked with no occupants wen the accident occurred...
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by lonelydora: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
Na wa oooo
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by lonelydora: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
vizkiz:

That film na die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Explorers(m): 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
0rex:

Ive been trying to figure out how it happened like that but do you know that these rods comes in different sizes, in thickness? Some are 2, 3, 4 times thicker, most especially those used in constructing skyscrapers or bridges.
In the picture, the rods looks very thick making dragging somehow difficult. Far on that truck, like something was holding the rods and that thing broke. The rods will slide backwards, the car was driving so close behind, on high speed, and it pierced through like that.

If the car was parked and truck was making a reverse, the rods wouldn't have pierced through the car like that. Piercing through the front&rear windshields, seats like that. Would have stopped after breaking the front windshield because a truck reversing will move very slowly or what do you think?
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Djbaka(m): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Siena:

Correct. I thought I was the only one who'd noticed.

Well, I think the truck has been moved forward a Lil bit already. That's why we have that view.
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by deewhone(f): 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
So so scary
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Explorers:

Ive been trying to figure out how it happened like that but do you know that these rods comes in different sizes, in thickness? Some are 2, 3, 4 times thicker, most especially those used in constructing skyscrapers or bridges.
In the picture, the rods looks very thick making dragging somehow difficult. Far on that truck, like something was holding the rods and that thing broke. The rods will slide backwards, the car was driving so close behind, on high speed, and it pierced through like that.

If the car was parked and truck was making a reverse, the rods wouldn't have pierced through the car like that. Piercing through the front&rear windshields, seats like that. Would have stopped after breaking the front windshield because a truck reversing will move very slowly or what do you think?
I think this is a plausible explanation though there's no blood stain on the rods. A driver that will escape such a danger must have incredibly high reflexes.

1 Like

Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Viktor1983(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
WTF!
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by magabounce(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2016
Damn!!!!
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by Aremu01(m): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2016
All in all, to be forwarned is to be forearmed
Re: Warning: Please Don't Drive Close To These Trucks. by PunterTim(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
deewhone:
So so scary
Aww,come here pumpkin

(1) (Reply)

2016 Camry, Honda Accord Or Honda Civic, Please Help Make A Decisio / Is This Gear Oil Good? / Mercedes G-Wagon Flies Out Of 3-Storey Garage,Lands On Its Roof,Driver Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.