Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,490 members, 7,847,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) (21685 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) / Majek Fashek And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pose Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Cherishing(f): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
thaoriginator:
Hey watch yuh batty mout gyal.. Caw mi can fi come get yuh anyweh yuh deh.. Mi nuh care if yuh ah fine gyal. Mi av gyal anyweh mi guh.. Mi ah general inna di gyalis ting. Listen to wah mi ah say.
E be Lyk say e don de happen tongue
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Elebiju: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
thaoriginator:
weeed is my best friend.. I don't beg friends caw weed is my best friend.. Some bwoy dem a talk and ah laugh me nuh trust dem.... Weed is my best friend...mi cyan go a day without high grade, inna my head... Cyan go a day without a gyal, inna my bed...
I don mark you because if e happen I no get a dime to contribute for any nairalander who runs mad cos of drug abuse o, shebi you see your role model as e be? Teeth don scatter like burnt roasted corn. Now send down the rain I have landed.

Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by mapet: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
boss1310:
most of his former band mates appeared in send down the rain and genesis video
that guy was a complete star cos he has the pure talent and the looks too when I look at him now I still wonder how one can turn 360 in looks like that.

Genesis is one of his master piece music. How Majek turns simple words into beautiful songs is beyond this world......
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
thaoriginator:
Wow! Reespet man. Ah Popcaan a real dancehall king. Mi av a whole lot of him music pon mi fone.. Do yuh know Ryno?

Nah. Me over stand dah man haffi listen to pure Root Reggae. Sizzla Kalonji, Buju Banton Teflon, Chezidek....

Jah bless iani...Rastafari live forever inna heart of iani. Bless up brov

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by thaoriginator: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cherishing:
grin Gerarahia battygyal
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by thaoriginator: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Elebiju:
I don mark you because if e happen I no get a dime to contribute for any nairalander who runs mad cos of drug abuse o, shebi you see your role model as e be? Teeth don scatter like burnt roasted corn. Now send down the rain I have landed.
mi nuh wan ya bombaclaat donaashun... Mi av nuff ah dough inna mi pocket and mi nuh do cocaine bwoy.. Strictly high grade weed me hafi tek.. Jah bless ya bwoy!
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Elebiju: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
thaoriginator:
mi nuh wan ya bombaclaat donaashun... Mi av nuff ah dough inna mi pocket and mi nuh do cocaine bwoy.. Strictly high grade weed me hafi tek.. Jah bless ya bwoy!
Okay o continue I've made my point.
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Blackfire(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cherishing:

walahi u don jam naija bob marley with osogbo weed..
*covers myself with smoke*
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by systemz(m): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Stop remember Amos McRoy Jeff.

I man am dreader than a red natty bongo, I'm a mystic man..... So the song goes.
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Cherishing(f): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
thaoriginator:
grin Gerarahia battygyal
U see ya life rati boi
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Blackfire(m): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cherishing:
U see ya life rati boi
u self follow chop weed small.. Make i try.
I man,what are guan i and i in a kinky sty-le.
*omo this weed sweet o*
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by thaoriginator: 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cherishing:
U see ya life rati boi
You wah fi come and sidung pon di ting? cry
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by musicwriter(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
slyrone:
he was so cool before hard drugs had the best of him. patoranking come learn how to sing better raggae

Majek Fashek is the best reggae musician ever to come out of Africa. After him I'l rank Lucky Dube, then Alpha Blondy.

Mandators may have even been greater, but he fizled out to thin air and no one heard of him again. Not forgeting Ras Kimono and Oritz Wiliki.

Patoranking isn't even doing what you can call reggae- he do ragga. The closest person to reggae is Cynthia Morgan, though its dance hall reggae. But she's better than Pato reggaewise.

Majek Fashek do roots reggae (the original) reggae- based on rastafari philosoppy.

Reggae is dead in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by fuckpoverty(m): 10:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
who tell una say majek dey mad, person wey I see 4 ikeja 2weeks ago 4 inside him end of discussion wit Jim guys,bt him and him cigar though,him jst dey burn d thing like say na he'll fire
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
musicwriter:

Majek Fashek is the best reggae musician ever to come out of Africa. After him I'l rank Lucky Dube, then Alpha Blondy.

Mandators may have even been greater, but he fizled out to thin air and no one heard of him again. Not forgeting Ras Kimono and Oritz Wiliki.

Patoranking isn't even doing what you can call reggae- he do ragga. The closest person to reggae is Cynthia Morgan, though its dance hall reggae. But she's better than Pato reggaewise.

Majek Fashek do roots reggae (the original) reggae- based on rastafari philosoppy.

Reggae is dead in Nigeria at the moment.

I beg to differ. Lucky dube(Rip) was and is more successful as a Reggae artist. More popular. I will agree if you say Nigeria because Majek was more successful and had recognition than Ras Kimono.

But Majek doesn't even do Root Reggae. He just sings to Reggae beat in my opinion. Nevertheless he is a legend.

Truely Patoranking knows nothing about Reggae and even proper dancehall...Cynthia and Burna win on that. I feel sad General Pype hasn't been releasing songs. The guy was talented
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by musicwriter(m): 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
Donpuzo:

I beg to differ. Lucky dube(Rip) was and is more successful as a Reggae artist. More popular. I will agree if you say Nigeria because Majek was more successful and had recognition than Ras Kimono.

But Majek doesn't even do Root Reggae. He just sings to Reggae beat in my opinion. Nevertheless he is a legend.

Truely Patoranking knows nothing about Reggae and even proper dancehall...Cynthia and Burna win on that. I feel sad General Pype hasn't been releasing songs. The guy was talented

''A prophet is not honoured in his own town''.

Do you know South Africans also think Lucky Dube is not a popular musician?. Just as you have no idea how big Majek is abroad!.

Well, Lucky Dube may have been more successful, but not a better reggae artiste. Being more successful don't necessarily mean being better.

Majek doesn't do reggae?. That's laughable!. If you don't know Majek do real roots reggae, then you don't know what root reggae is.

A friend living in Australia visited Nigeria back in the days, and I asked him ''which Nigerian musician get radio airplays in Australia?''. He replied ''Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Majek Fashek, Sunny Ade''.

If you do your research you'll discover the said musicians are the only true international musician ever to come out of Nigeria. As far as international concerned they're our most popular musicians.

On further discusion though he said they of course also do hear Lucky Dube on Radio.

Majek Fashek was so good the Bob Marley family wanted to keep him, but life of drug destroyed every thing.
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
musicwriter:

''A prophet is not honoured in his own town''.

Do you know South Africans also think Lucky Dube is not a popular musician?. Just as you have no idea how big Majek is abroad!.

Well, Lucky Dube may have been more successful, but not a better reggae artiste. Being more successful don't necessarily mean being better.

Majek doesn't do reggae?. That's laughable!. If you don't know Majek do real roots reggae, then you don't know what root reggae is.

A friend living in Australia visited Nigeria back in the days, and I asked him ''which Nigerian musician get radio airplays in Australia?''. He replied ''Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Majek Fashek, Sunny Ade''.

If you do your research you'll discover the said musicians are the only true international musician ever to come out of Nigeria. As far as international concerned they're our most popular musicians.

On further discusion though he said they of course also do hear Lucky Dube on Radio.

Majek Fashek was so good the Bob Marley family wanted to keep him, but life of drug destroyed every thing.

I enjoy lots of his song. You have good knowledge of Reggae so I guess I have learned something.

What I really mean is the Reggae language or rather way of talking is missing in his sound. However I identify with his message and Rastafari values. So I will agree he does Root Reggae. Though he isn't absolutely a practicing Rastafari like Sizzla, Lucky Dube, Cappleton, Chezidek, Teflon and Co.

Wish he bounces back!

I love Rastafari btw
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by musicwriter(m): 12:19am On Jun 28, 2016
Donpuzo:

I enjoy lots of his song. You have good knowledge of Reggae so I guess I have learned something.

What I really mean is the Reggae language or rather way of talking is missing in his sound. However I identify with his message and Rastafari values. So I will agree he does Root Reggae. Though he isn't absolutely a practicing Rastafari like Sizzla, Lucky Dube, Cappleton, Chezidek, Teflon and Co.

Wish he bounces back!

I love Rastafari btw

If you're talking about Jamaican patois (langauge and style of speaking) then Ras Kimono is the closest to Jamaica!.

However, Jamaican patois isn't the reggae itself, its just the way every Jamaican speaks. Majek used to speak that way though back in the days when he was hot. Jamaican patois is a creole language like our own Pidgin English!. When you speak Pidgin that's exactly how foreigners think of you as well!.

The concept of rastafarianism is what reggae is all about, not patois. Rastafarianism is about freedom of black people- a religion. The only religion where an African (Haile Salailie) is the savior and messemger of God, like Christ is to Christianity and Muhammad is to Islam. Rastafarianism is about world peace, love, sprituality, freedom for all, a world without greed. Pure goodness!!.

Rastafarianism.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari
http://www.religionfacts.com/rastafarianism

If you're a reggae fan listen to my songs at https://www.reverbnation.com/africason

Available on iTunes as well.
Re: Majek Fashek And His Jastix Band In The 90s (photo) by hpk(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2016
Popcaan ah GAD inna dancehall but VYBZ KARTEL AH DI KING!!!

p.s QUOTE ME ANYWHERE!!!
thaoriginator:
Wow! Reespet man. Ah Popcaan a real dancehall king. Mi av a whole lot of him music pon mi fone.. Do yuh know Ryno?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solidstar Shares Photo Of His Son, Josh / Rita Dominic Turns 37 Today / Fliptyce And Halima Bello Osagie's Wedding Pictures In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.