Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi (11752 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / EFCC Detains Babangida Aliyu Over N2b Ecological Fund / Buhari Approves Ecological Fund Projects In 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by crunchyg: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hhhmm
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by kcy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
The most funny thing is that people of kogi state keep saying " the election of Yaya Bello is from God

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by iswallker(m): 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
booked...
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by YaksonFCA(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
I am a Kogite and I am in a better position to advise here.
The source of the said information says alot. Nation Newspapers is owned by Jagaban and Hon James Faleke (The Deputy Governorship Candidate to Late Prince Abubakar Audu) who is challenging Alh Yahaya Bello's election is one of his numerous boys.
Dont be surprised!

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Esperooke(m): 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
Oh my! Let these not be true....
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by OnucheAdams: 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
I was never a supporter of Wada, but can say with all certainty that he is perhaps one of the most disciplined and honest persons to every occupy public office in Nigeria. My reasons for saying this are:

1. He never defaulted on salary payments until Federal Allocations started dwindling. Even at that, he proposed the now infamous "Imo Formula" as a remedy to the revenue shortfall.

2. He paid backlog of pensions due to civil servants, even those incurred by Audu.

3. He didn't ride in a bulletproof car for 11 months until President Jonathan cautioned him against it.

4. Ran an open door policy and was accessible to all, irrespective of status.

5. Professionalized Government dealings, which until he came into office was a "Father and Sons Inc"

6. Contracting was transparent, with only established firms allowed to participate in capital intensive projects.

7. Continued from where his predecessor stopped, and didn't investing valuable time chasing the shadows of the previous Administrations - ditto GMB

8. Fostered a peaceful atmosphere by first of all disassociating himself from political thugs, followed by uniting the major political gladiators in the the State. This was the secret behind the peace enjoyed by the citizens during his tenure.

9. Despite all the allegations trafficked by Bello on LG Funds, it's on record that Wada granted autonomy to LG Chairmen, who in turn saw this as weakness, and an opportunity to muscle funds required to contest for the seat of Governor. Every LG Chairman under Wada saw himself as a potential successor because they were empowered financially.

10. He ran an all inclusive Government, and didn't pander to his tribe, the Igalas who were majority in the State. Wada in fact was accused by the Igalas for being more concessionary towards the minority tribes, especially his Deputy - Yomi Awoniyi - who at some point was given the title of: "the most active Deputy Governor in Nigeria."

11. Despite all the allegations peddled by Bello, how come EFCC is still unable to gain hold of anything tangible against Wada?

12. While Bello has bought convoy of cars for his wives, Wada's wife at some point was using her personal car while he held sway in Kogi.

Wada's major failings was that he had a few bad eggs around him whose constant actions tended to undermine his performance as a leader. Also he never recovered from the acrimony that trailed the confusion surrounding his emergence as Governor, which is what gave rise to the "mad man" emblem. As someone who interfaced with him from the opposing aisle, I can certainly vouch for his humility and obvious depth of intellect, qualities of which Bello is severely lacking in.

3 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by OnucheAdams: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
YaksonFCA:
The source of the said information says alot. Nation Newspapers is owned by Jagaban and Hon James Faleke (The Deputy Governorship Candidate to Late Prince Abubakar Audu) who is challenging Alh Yahaya Bello's election is one of his numerous boys.
Dont be surprised!

It may be a bit exaggerated, but I can say for a fact that the quality of minds marshaling The Kogi of today leaves a lot to be desired. And the talk of corruption isn't far fetched as it's crystal clear that Government appointees have turned the state into a car shop and a huge construction site...
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
EFCC are blind and deaf on this one. Is to go after PDP states they are professional.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by zik4ever: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
It is interesting that this is coming from APC paper -The Nation Newspaper though we know the Kogi State Governor wasn't the preferred choice of 'The Nation Newspaper'. Beyond the political undercurrents however, I welcome exposures like this and hope EFCC will swing into action and do the needful with alacrity. Corruption must be fought frontally and on all sides. "You expose me, I expose you" -elites fighting each other.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by fortune1968: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
nomi007:
16 million to clean government house per month and he is refusing to pay salaries of civil servants who were employed to clean govt house because he claim no money. Total salary for all the cleaner cannot be more than 3 million a month. Diaris God oooo
16 million per week not month
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Acidosis(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nothing will come out of this investigation as long as Aisha Buhari is alive.
This is the same wizard that donated N80m to a useless book launch.

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Femsyn(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
demmahomidi:
There is disquiet in Kogi State over alleged curious withdrawal of N450million from the state’s Ecological Fund account without due process.

[size=18pt]The cash was withdrawn without the State Executive Council in place as required by the enabling law.

The account was drawn about two and a half weeks before the State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal delivered judgement on the polls that brought Governor Yahaya Bello to power.[/size]

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/disquiet-kogi-curious-withdrawal-n450m-ecological-fund/

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by nortcentrallord(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
There goes apc and their hoard of "Saints".
I thought it was their past sins that was forgiviven on joining the party but it has been extended to an open ended forgiveness. Well the pastor vp can wash away all sins...
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by nortcentrallord(m): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
uluw:
A governor that used korede bello to mock us in the state while he refuse to pay us salary, he was on stage dancing I Don get alert with korede bello.

The alert of the withdrawal from the ecological fund ofcourse. Lol.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by opideda: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
OnucheAdams:

It may be a bit exaggerated, but I can say for a fact that the quality of minds marshaling The Kogi of today leaves a lot to be desired. And the talk of corruption isn't far fetched as it's crystal clear that Government appointees have turned the state into a car shop and a huge construction site...

it is actually underreported. Never in the history of Nigeria has any Governor played the kind of prank yahaya Bello is playing on Kogi. He is the first Governor to open unauthorised accounts for civil servants and the first Governor to issue cashless alerts. the selected civil servants received alerts on their phones only to meet empty account. A governor that withdrew 260 million on a daily basis as security vote in the first few weeks. he turned around and sacked the permsec of government house when premium times news broke. what is sad is that this same Governor has the support of the abuja anti corruption forces. Arbitrary arrests and forced confessions are the order of the day now. He is now using the dss to harass innocent citizens. People are being locked up in underground cells with terrorists and boko haram in lokoja until they confess to what he wants. it is avery sad situation in Kogi. it is even very sad that all this is being done with the tacit support of the first lady- a woman who should be mother to all.

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by OnucheAdams: 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
opideda:

it is actually underreported. Never in the history of Nigeria has any Governor played the kind of prank yahaya Bello is playing on Kogi. He is the first Governor to open unauthorised accounts for civil servants and the first Governor to issue cashless alerts. the selected civil servants received alerts on their phones only to meet empty account. A governor that withdrew 260 million on a daily basis as security vote in the first few weeks. he turned around and sacked the permsec of government house when premium times news broke. what is sad is that this same Governor has the support of the abuja anti corruption forces. Arbitrary arrests and forced confessions are the order of the day now. He is now using the dss to harass innocent citizens. People are being locked up in underground cells with terrorists and boko haram in lokoja until they confess to what he wants. it is avery sad situation in Kogi. it is even very sad that all this is being done with the tacit support of the first lady- a woman who should be mother to all.

I am aware of two individuals who were arrested by DSS based on the premise that they were laundering funds for the previous Administration. I also heard that the Head Coach of Kogi United, Abdul Sule was also picked up by DSS for questioning. I have been involved in Kogi Politics for a long time to know that these acts of impunity would always come back to hunt him.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by samlexonss: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
Wat do u xpect? Do no hw much our uncles and antys collected frm dem during primary election? I was in delta during pdp governorship primary, okowa sshared raw dolas to delegat, nw he is dere as governor, and u xpect him not to recover his mpney back, let our pp stop collecting money frm aspirant during campaign and we will be guanranttee of gains of democracy!
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by afla: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
OnucheAdams:

I am aware of two individuals who were arrested by DSS based on the premise that they were laundering funds for the previous Administration. I also heard that the Head Coach of Kogi United, Abdul Sule was also picked up by DSS for questioning. I have been involved in Kogi Politics for a long time to know that these acts of impunity would always come back to hunt him.

DSS arrest for financial crimes? What is the job of EFCC then? The damage that has been done to rule of law in this country is sad. The only reason they are using DSS must be yo torture them. If not why not follow the right channels if truly bello has proof. What is laughable is that bello of all people is fighting corruption. Bello whose only source of livelihood has been corruption and still is corruption. It is good to be an APC member sha
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Mjshexy(f): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
nomi007:
16 million to clean government house per month and he is refusing to pay salaries of civil servants who were employed to clean govt house because he claim no money. Total salary for all the cleaner cannot be more than 3 million a month. Diaris God oooo
16million per week is what the report says, are we not finished in this country? sad
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by donstevoz(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
Kogi state is like my beloved Delta state. They are both very unfortunate with bad and corrupt leaders.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Yoyostic: 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
were are all the people shouting here that he was appointed by God?Kogi never chi chom chin!
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by olamide215: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
I keep saying it this man Is a disaster to Kogi people mere looking at his face u will know he is a ruthless tyrant.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by alt3r3g0: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
We are gradually getting there. Every politician must he held accountable.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by olamide215: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
YaksonFCA:
Dont be surprised!
Because u hail from the state does not mean u understand the situation on ground Mr man, u might be one of the blind supporters of the said governor which does not put u in the right position to. Based on ur comment here it shows u are bcoz the question here is was the money withdrawn or not once that is true the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by olamide215: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
OnucheAdams:
I was never a supporter of Wada, but can say with all certainty that he is perhaps one of the most disciplined and honest persons to every occupy public office in Nigeria. My reasons for saying this are:

1. He never defaulted on salary payments until Federal Allocations started dwindling. Even at that, he proposed the now infamous "Imo Formula" as a remedy to the revenue shortfall.

2. He paid backlog of pensions due to civil servants, even those incurred by Audu.

3. He didn't ride in a bulletproof car for 11 months until President Jonathan cautioned him against it.

4. Ran an open door policy and was accessible to all, irrespective of status.

5. Professionalized Government dealings, which until he came into office was a "Father and Sons Inc"

6. Contracting was transparent, with only established firms allowed to participate in capital intensive projects.

7. Continued from where his predecessor stopped, and didn't investing valuable time chasing the shadows of the previous Administrations - ditto GMB

8. Fostered a peaceful atmosphere by first of all disassociating himself from political thugs, followed by uniting the major political gladiators in the the State. This was the secret behind the peace enjoyed by the citizens during his tenure.

9. Despite all the allegations trafficked by Bello on LG Funds, it's on record that Wada granted autonomy to LG Chairmen, who in turn saw this as weakness, and an opportunity to muscle funds required to contest for the seat of Governor. Every LG Chairman under Wada saw himself as a potential successor because they were empowered financially.

10. He ran an all inclusive Government, and didn't pander to his tribe, the Igalas who were majority in the State. Wada in fact was accused by the Igalas for being more concessionary towards the minority tribes, especially his Deputy - Yomi Awoniyi - who at some point was given the title of: "the most active Deputy Governor in Nigeria."

11. Despite all the allegations peddled by Bello, how come EFCC is still unable to gain hold of anything tangible against Wada?

12. While Bello has bought convoy of cars for his wives, Wada's wife at some point was using her personal car while he held sway in Kogi.

Wada's major failings was that he had a few bad eggs around him whose constant actions tended to undermine his performance as a leader. Also he never recovered from the acrimony that trailed the confusion surrounding his emergence as Governor, which is what gave rise to the "mad man" emblem. As someone who interfaced with him from the opposing aisle, I can certainly vouch for his humility and obvious depth of intellect, qualities of which Bello is severely lacking in.

I am not a fan of the present government but not all what u stated here is a also true either. Wada was not a saint he also had his flaws but if we want to compare between two evils we will preferably go for wada bcoz he was more concern about the workers well-being .
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by krak101(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
Politricks I must confess is a cool business in Nigeria. Kogi which way
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by afla: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
samlexonss:
Wat do u xpect? Do no hw much our uncles and antys collected frm dem during primary election? I was in delta during pdp governorship primary, okowa sshared raw dolas to delegat, nw he is dere as governor, and u xpect him not to recover his mpney back, let our pp stop collecting money frm aspirant during campaign and we will be guanranttee of gains of democracy!

Nobody collected money from bello. Instead he snatched audu's votes.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by OnucheAdams: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
olamide215:

I am not a fan of the present government but not all what u stated here is a also true either. Wada was not a saint he also had his flaws but if we want to compare between two evils we will preferably go for wada bcoz he was more concern about the workers well-being .

I am interested in knowing the disputable elements of my post.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by Vicmoni: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
demmahomidi:
There is disquiet in Kogi State over alleged curious withdrawal of N450million from the state’s Ecological Fund account without due process.

The cash was withdrawn without the State Executive Council in place as required by the enabling law.

The account was drawn about two and a half weeks before the State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal delivered judgement on the polls that brought Governor Yahaya Bello to power.

But it was unclear last night what the cash was used for.

Investigation showed the cash was drawn on May 16, 2016 from the Ecological Fund Account Number: 1016623580 domiciled in UBA.

The account had a balance of N706, 102, 350.21 as at January 19, 2016.

A top source said: “The law governing the Ecological Fund says it must be discussed and approved by the State Executive Council.

“When the cash was withdrawn by government, there was no State Executive Council in place.

“There was no emergency ecological challenge in the state to have warranted such a huge spending.

“What is more baffling is that the cash was accessed barely two and a half weeks before the tribunal judgment on Kogi Governorship poll.

“The people of Kogi State want the state government to account for the whereabouts of the N450million.

“We want the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to pay attention to the ongoing developments before the state becomes bankrupt.”

Another source alleged that the state government is becoming reckless with public funds.

The source said the state recently secured a loan of N2.4bn froma commercial bank for Sustainable Development Goals.

“They’ve started spending the money despite not getting the required counterpart funding,” the source said.

He added: “The state government tried to withdraw another N450m from the infrastructure loan account with a bank but they refused, citing CBN guidelines that require transfers directly to contractors.

“Since then the state government has been using a Lebanese contractor to draw down on the funds.

“There is an abuse of the system and no respect for due process. For example, Agasa road in Okene LGA was awarded to aconstruction firm without following due process at a total cost N3.2billion with about N1.2 billion mobilization fee already paid.

“Apart from the construct ion of nine roundabouts at a cost of N100m each, a Prado jeep cost the state government N78million. The weekly cost of cleaning Government House is N16m.”

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/disquiet-kogi-curious-withdrawal-n450m-ecological-fund/

Useless guy.
Re: Withdrawal Of N450m Ecological Fund In Kogi by davidthe16th: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Forget kogi matter..............

Misguided politics.......

The governor just de marry and born any how without control

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigerians Must Return To Agriculture / EFCC May Go After Doctors For Fraudulently Collecting ₦540m Training Allowance / FG Inaugurates 15-man Committee For 63rd Independence Anniversary (names)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.