Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Failing Aptitude Test Why?! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Failing Aptitude Test Why?! (9463 Views)

Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Federal Civil Service Commission Aptitude Test for Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by ogs(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2006
I ve taken about 10 aptitude tes :ot and only succeded in passing just one of it of which i ended up getting the JOB, despite my strong accademical background(Dont ask for my class of grade o!, but it is something anyone would desire anyway grin). My question is why the failure? is it that i dont ve the required aptitude for thosse jobs? Some of my friendss that passed the other ones failed this one that i passed.

Fellow nairalanders, let us ponder over this. CHEERS. grin
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by BIGSAM4YOU(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2006
That means not all jobs are meant for you.
But thank GOD that you have gotting a new job to start your good life with.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by ogs(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2006
Thanks for the reply. It just revived my dying confidence. Imust tell you i now fully understand what a soothing word can do to someone.
Thanks again.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by loladeola(f): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2006
i think the ones u ve been writing is not just meant for you thank God u got one already. all the best
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by Vie(f): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2006
Hi, i wish i could feel encouraged too but i feel so depressed that i want to stay that way, maybe it will make me strive to do better. i made a good result both from the university and the law schol but the 2 tests i have gone for so far, i graciously flunked, it makes me feel,inadequate.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by soar7(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2006
Vie,
don't stay depressed. it will paralyse you and u won't be able to make the move that will lead to your break. look for things that inspire you and keep them around eg Music. I wish you the best.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by after3: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2006
There is no such thing as "that job is not meant for me" just because you failed an aptitude test.

People apply for jobs because they possess the requirements for the job or believe that with training they can make a difference at that job even though it's not related to their field of study (for instance you can be personable and have effective communication skills to work as a customer care officer, even though you have lets say a, BEng).

If you write an aptitude test for a job that you meet the requirements and fail, will you say "it's not your job?" You can only worry about why you think you must have failed, work on it and try a little harder or put in a lot more than you already did.

You only discourage yourself when you say a job is not meant for you, unless of course you do not meet the requirements or believe you can't do it.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by Consultant(f): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2006
@ Vie,

Don't be discouraged or feel inadequate just because of aptitude tests. I always tell people that those tests are not always a test of intelligence - they are tests of 1) how quickly you can answers multiple choice questions and 2) how much practice you've had beforehand.

Aptitude tests have a method to them. The key thing is time and it is very possible to be highly intelligent but be a slow thinker, so the secret is to learn shortcuts to answering these questions (for instance, to multiply a number by 25, instead of doing long multiplication, multiply the number by 100 .i.e. add two zeroes and divide by 4) so that you can do the most with the little time you have.

Don't be discouraged, practice and prepare, i'm sure sooner or later you will do well in them.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by segxy1: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2006
hi, nairalanders only god knows,but believce that whatever that is urs will surely come to u.pls don't stop,keep trying God is on the throne
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by igbonla(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2006
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by LAXIST(m): 6:24am On Dec 03, 2006
@consultant,
            I like the angle u approached this topic. I think the way u see it aply to me as a person.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by Vie(f): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2006
@ soar7 and consultant.

Thanks for ur words of encouragement. Sometimes i wonder if these tests do justice to those of us in the legal profession who for some 5 yrs deal with written laws and statutes and such, and never calculations or such thus the calculation really takes us aback except when we come fully prepared.

That has been my problem, so i have decided to stop sending out cvs and just get prepared instead, find someone to help me master the test formats, so that the next test i go for, i will be able to do better. I pray i get that chance soon as i really do need a job.

Merry Xmas and Happi New year.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by segxy1: 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2008
segxy1:

hi, nairalanders only god knows,but believce that whatever that is urs will surely come to u.please don't stop,keep trying God is on the throne
I CAN DEO ALL THINGS THRU CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by anietie01: 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2008
hey are you not tired of always running after employers? Let the employers run after you for a change. Post your CVs at Exood by clicking here: http://exood.com/jobs/index.php it afford the employers the chance to find you fast. Its purely Nigerian and is free. No registration charges.

And do you know that for the time you spend surfing the web, you can make $10 for each mail you read? Its no scam and it cost you nothing to start but your time. sign up for a free account by clicking the link here http://rolex-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=martluther3 they pay you $250 for signing up and you get $10 each time they send you a mail and you actually read the mail and visit the sites. You don't get to pay nothing.

I just withdrew a $1000 dollars into my paypal account and i will testify that it is real. I joined four weeks ago. They both worked for me, Im sure it will work for you too.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by chino1(f): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2008
in fact its like u r speaking my mind.i ve taken some few tests but all to no avail.i knw im just waiting 4 the best of all to come my way
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by bigfather(m): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2008
Why must there be test in the first place ?
I have an experience of 4yrs on a job and i applied for the same position in another company and am being asked to come and take an apptitude test,for me i believe the interview should be experienced and perfromance based not some kind of some useless test .
So for you not to pass a test does not mean you can't do well when you are employed,there are some guys that are gifted when it comes to calculus but they fumble and wobble when it comes to the real job. My question is;is this so called appitude test applicable to your job when you are employed ? Or is it just a way politics of dropping off some unemployed grads?
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by Kokofi(m): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ consultant, after3, soar7, and the rest of the motivational crew,
i think i have also gained a lot from your conversation, cos i was as depressed as vie, written about 4 test without success though the last is still pending and not yet out. i really appreciate your contribution and the words of encouragement. my spirit is being lifted up already.
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by itismd(m): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2008
big father:

Why must there be test in the first place ?
I have an experience of 4yrs , My question is;is this so called appitude test applicable to your job when you are employed ? Or is it just a way politics of dropping off some unemployed grads?

yea it should have been the way but, there are thousands of graduates each year. u can imagine in the nysc camp. there are about 2000 in each camp in each state for just a batch. now it will be more work for the employers to conduct interview for everybody(too many unemployed graduates) because the school systems has failed, by having loop holes in their system. people pay to pass courses, people cheat to pass exams, people even pay to have degree certificates. so to avoid interviewing those sets of people who cannot defend their certificates, a test is conducted to reduce the number. the error started with the academic system. if the school ensures that there are no loop holes, ie what is awarded is what u get.
as for people like me with good grades but fail test, i guess the what u fail are these bank test. if they give u test in your area, you will do well because its your field. can you study law and expect to solve those maths questions in limited time? they only way to pass the test is to start practicing occasionally. its like cramming. i bet you if u call those that have been recruited over 2 years , they will not perform so wonderfully when they take these test. though they passed it a few year back, oops i got to go

1 Like

Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by engrksa(m): 9:56am On Mar 15, 2008
i really support after3 view about this topic.
most test are basically mathematics and english language. what i can only say is that most graduate of some discipline may find it tough because of the mathematics involved in job tests
Re: Failing Aptitude Test Why?! by Gerrard59(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2016
loladeola:
i think the ones u ve been writing is not just meant for you thank God u got one already. all the best

Wow. Imagine the reasoning shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience / Graduate Operations Management Leadership Program At GE Oil & Gas / Nigerian Stock Exchange Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.