Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? (26080 Views)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Her Divorce, Calls Out Those Responsible For It / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family / After Her Wedding Was Canceled, A Bride’s Family Did Something Incredible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Flexherbal(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is one of the reasons guys don't get married on time.
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by rupeelicious(f): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
D brides family decides n foots d bill of what to wear.
Evn d food to be consumed on d traditoanl wedding should be provided by d brides side. It is sheer magnamity, and being considerate dt makes d groom 'support' the food budget, esp as dey wud come wt oda guests.
D cost of Traditional rites wud keep increasing because men continue to pay.
Even if u can afford to, it is not encouraged........ think of odas who cant.
By d time ladies r left for deir fathers n bros to marry, such families wud learn tomdo d needful.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
nellybadas:
Dear nairalanders. I 've got this friend who is planning for his wedding scheduled to hold in 2 months. From all indication it looks like he is the only one responsible for all the finance. Now he suddenly received another message from his wife to be that her family says in their place, the prospective groom is responsible for all her family attire for the wedding. Just want to ask. Is it right?

Go and marry from your place. No be fight or force. If u are not part of that culture and u dont like it move on.

I am sure the father of the bride did same wen he was marrying her mum.

They wont change their culture to suit u.

Ur complain is cultural, but u must understand that in their culture giving u their daughter is a taboo.

If they can make amends, then so can u.

8 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by nanauju(f): 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

The wise ones drive through Imo State, to other States to get married. If you dare stop your car in Imo State for marriage, you are on your own.
That's a lie pls.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by royalfamily(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
And is she a virgin.
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by d33types: 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
am I marrying or buying her off? did I work my millions for some villagers that give no sh1t about me to enjoy?

nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:
am I marrying or buying her off? did I work my millions for some villagers that give no sh1t about me to enjoy?

nonsense.

The papa no send her to university for one idiot to transfer her wealth of knowledge to their community.

They did not raise her, clothe her, feed her, love her and spend 4 her with u in mind. They had a boy from their place in mind who will honour the rite of marriage with joy.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by AfroKnight: 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
What backwater tribe would dare suggest a shameless thing like this to a suitor? Has the bride's family no dignity? A young man came to marry a wife not become the breadwinner of your family.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by seangy4konji: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lol.

If I buy them cloth?ingo just out werepe for inside the cloths. Them go dance and scratch body dat day ehn?

Dem go know it's an offense to ask dat bad boy for any free gift ever in their life.

No free food in free town.

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by SamMilla1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
People just create problems for themselves.
Useless country.
Why not buy cars for each of her family member too?

Get her pregnant, and they will beg you to Atleast pay the bride price first.

5 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by UndisputedBosom(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

The wise ones drive through Imo State, to other States to get married. If you dare stop your car in Imo State for marriage, you are on your own.

U dy spoil business 4 us o

2 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Coldfeet(f): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

You know this how? Dem say dem say! angry op didn't mention tribe but you just drove this topic to the tribal bigots table and you even have the nerve to mention IMO state? Men have been marrying from that state how many have told you he paid for the brides family attire? Say what you know mister cos you will account for every idle word and false witness you bare on judgment day.

Proudly #nwaimo #asambano tongue

At topic its not right! And any lady that tells you to foot her familys asoebi doesn't love you. Even if you have all the money in the world DONT do it.

Its not by force to marry an Igbo girl! They complain yet still won't leave the prettys alone.

11 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Youngzedd(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
Tay16:
Whoever is wearing the attire must be responsible.
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
onepluone:

Go and marry from your place. No be fight or force. If u are not part of that culture and u dont like it move on.

I am sure the father of the bride did same wen he was marrying her mum.

They wont change their culture to suit u.

Ur complain is cultural, but u must understand that in their culture giving u their daughter is a taboo.

If they can make amends, then so can u.

We are preaching culture now o. If tomorrow the man decides to make some decisions as the head of the home, you will not advice the woman to culturally get what she wants... that is when you will start quoting from the feminist rule book

I am

7 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by oodua1stson: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
goldenruby:
If he's financially buoyant, cool.. If not, let the bride's people cut their coats according to their sizes.
see your mouth like if he's financially bouyant

So he should slave his while life for them because he's marrying their daughter?

Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by mcyemite(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
nellybadas:
Dear nairalanders. I 've got this friend who is planning for his wedding scheduled to hold in 2 months. From all indication it looks like he is the only one responsible for all the finance. Now he suddenly received another message from his wife to be that her family says in their place, the prospective groom is responsible for all her family attire for the wedding. Just want to ask. Is it right?
if she says so,it is so.
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by playtheblues(f): 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Say unto others as you would like them say unto you.

HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
FredN:

We are preaching culture now o. If tomorrow the man decides to make some decisions as the head of the home, you will not advice the woman to culturally get what she wants... that is when you will start quoting from the feminist rule book

I am

Dude, people make all those expenses and the woman still leave them.

It is more of a test that u are financially capable to cater for a family.

It has always been like that and nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by DonBenny77(m): 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
if i'm d groom dats enuf reason to call of d wedding, cos after d wedding he wud b responsible for the well being of the wife's family as well

them don catch cash cow

2 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by oodua1stson: 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ishilove:

Answer the question, Ogbeni Arsenate
you seem stressed by the truth
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by abike12(f): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
I don't know how a woman can join her family to extort money from her future husband in the name of list. Shebi you will go and face the gbese when you enter the marriage. One guy bought every single thing on the list and told the wife on the wedding night that she's on her own henceforth, he has finished spending all the money he will spend on her. baddo! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
onepluone:

The papa no send her to university for one idiot to transfer her wealth of knowledge to their community.

They did not raise her, clothe her, feed her, love her and spend 4 her with u in mind. They had a boy from their place in mind who will honour the rite of marriage with joy.

Oh o... If thats is the case, why doesn't he just go ahead and sell her na, since it is all abput the money. I will start taking Nigerian Feminists serious when they start fighting our cultural bias on this bride price issues.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by d33types: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
onepluone:

haha..marriage na investments now o.
The guy papa nko, e nor clothe am,love am,spend for am too abi?

hahahahahaha.
i wish all families could be like mine and my fiancee's. both families are highly educated and wise.. funny enough she's from the east.
my list is like any other list..simple

8 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by glogirlie(f): 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
its base on tradition, dia r sum tinx u ll do traditionally.. buying clothes for d parent is u n ur wife idea if u get d money no big deàl if u dnt ur wife can sort it out wt her family. dos men wey dey talk here wen luv enter u na d kind of una dey misbehave to bring wetin dey no send una
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by RichieF27: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=HungerBAD post=46976598]No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

The wise ones drive through Imo State, to other States to get married. If you dare stop your car in Imo State for marriage, you are on your own.[/quote
Funny you guy.. You are bahd

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by vital94(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nnewi is a city to marry from.if u marry from nnewi,u will never regret.very cheap.smiley
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
Arian11:
Lady at the top has said it all

Even if I'm financially buoyant, I wouldn't foot the bride's family's bill.

Everyone would have to pay for themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:

haha..marriage na investments now o.
The guy papa nko, e nor clothe am,love am,spend for am too abi?

hahahahahaha.
i wish all families could be like mine and my fiancee's. both families are highly educated and wise.. funny enough she's from the east.
my list is like any other list..simple

I no go like any other tribe than my tribe to marry my daughter.

That guy will slaughter 10 Cows before we commence Traditional.

Call me wat u like but my culture value their daughters. I did more for the family that gave me their daughter. (my wife)

2 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by lollmaolol(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
No.no no
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by mamawin(f): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ralphlauren:
It's issues like this that makes me very proud of my Yoruba roots and heritage !!!

There's absolutely no Yoruba Tribe where the groom is made to foot the cost of the attire of the bride's family !!! Wth!!

What happened to some dignity from the wife's family? Will the groom also bear the cost of the shoes, bags, cap, etc?

#proudlyyoruba
mind you, some Yorubas do it too. they wl stylishly send their daughter, tell your husband if he can help us with this or that.... and I'm Yoruba o

5 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
mamawin:
mind you, some Yorubas do it too. they wl stylishly send their daughter, tell your husband if he can help us with this or that.... and I'm Yoruba o

Ok, look at that, it is the Bride family dat carry all the marriage expenses in this culture while a grown ass groom sit and wait to be served everything.

No wonder after 3 months u here he is remarrying. He did not spend a penny for his wedding, it is her and her family loss.

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by d33types: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
onepluone:

I no go like any other tribe than my tribe to marry my daughter.

That guy will slaughter 10 Cows before we commence Traditional.

Call me wat u like but my culture value their daughters. I did more for the family that gave me their daughter. (my wife)

hahahahahaha.na so the girls go reach menopause..
poverty,ignorance,illiteracy disguised as culture..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court / Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.