Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? (26082 Views)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Her Divorce, Calls Out Those Responsible For It / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family / After Her Wedding Was Canceled, A Bride’s Family Did Something Incredible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:

hahahahahaha.na so the girls go reach menopause..
poverty,ignorance,illiteracy disguised as culture..

E pain am!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by BrosMayowa(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Arsenate:
Am I the only one who noticed the complete absence of nairaland's in-house feminists on this thread? Oh, yeah, they are all at the other thread writing long headache inducing essays about gender equality and how the man should par take full time in house chores since, according to them, there is no difference between a man and a woman.
Nauseating hypocrisy

Spot on! I was thinking of this exactly.. Shouting gender equality and still expecting to be treated like a typical lady

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by d33types: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
the feminists have disappeared like willly willy
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
d33types:
the feminists have disappeared like willly willy

Feminist on top romance, u sure say u know be gay?

Which woman dont want to be spoilt rotten? How many women go reject Lamborghini?

U people better remove eye from other tribe women becos, it is like u people are very lazy.

Using menopause to black mail ur girls into footing all wedding expenses.

Wen u see fine girl and fall in love, i dont need to tell u but u will sell your papa house to make sure that wedding satisfy all her dream and more.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bj7F6p6kQU&ab_channel=YemiAladeVEVO

3 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Ishilove: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
oodua1stson:
you seem stressed by the truth
Nope. I simply asked him to answer the question. I am not particularly interested in anybody's version of the perceived 'truth'
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by kikayboss(m): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
errm...is it because i want to marry woman that'll start claiming gender equality for me?...tufiakwa olorunonije .... gender equality must start from marriage ioooo....as una dey give me bride price list ma people go give una groom settlement list....we go share expenses 50:50 between d 2 families.... when...then i will now gree that we are equal......feminists oshi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Neverquit(f): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by graciandubuisi(f): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
It should be a joint venture. The bride not have told the family the truth about the groom's financial status hence the demands. I hope she's not a foolish bride undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by d33types: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
mor0n on the loose. grin
let me assist

feminists as used in context here, indicates a loose collective term for ladies that insists on gender equality and not those men hating,romance detesting ladies.
kapisch?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by chiomzy1(f): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

The wise ones drive through Imo State, to other States to get married. If you dare stop your car in Imo State for marriage, you are on your own.
my uncle got angry during his trad

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by graciandubuisi(f): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
It should be a joint venture. The bride not have told the family the truth about the groom's financial status hence the demands. I hope she's not a foolish bride undecided

nellybadas:
Dear nairalanders. I 've got this friend who is planning for his wedding scheduled to hold in 2 months. From all indication it looks like he is the only one responsible for all the finance. Now he suddenly received another message from his wife to be that her family says in their place, the prospective groom is responsible for all her family attire for the wedding. Just want to ask. Is it right?
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Ngokafor(f): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
onepluone:

Feminist on top romance, u sure say u know be gay?

Which woman dont want to be spoilt rotten? How many women go reject Lamborghini?

U people better remove eye from other tribe women becos, it is like u people are very lazy.

Using menopause to black mail ur girls into footing all wedding expenses.

Wen u see fine girl and fall in love, i dont need to tell u but u will sell your papa house to make sure that wedding satisfy all her dream and more.

Enjoy!

...No mind them jare...upon sey their girls na' free',other tribes are not even trooping to marry them lipsrsealed...The ones wey marry na Igando Magistrate court many dey end last last..with all kinds of ridiculous excuses to divorce..no be today cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bj7F6p6kQU&ab_channel=YemiAladeVEVO
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
IT IS NOT HIS WEDDING O, BUT Y IS HE DOING THIS?

DEY DONT SPEND ON OWANBE BUT SPEND EXCESSIVELY FOR THEIR WEDDING. ARE WE ABOUT TO CHANGE BECOS OF SOME LAZY POLYGAMOUS FOLKS? HELL NO! EVEN OYINBO CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THESE COMPLAINANT.

NO JOIN US, MOVE ON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBn3vwTB0tg&ab_channel=ValObilTV
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by swiffy(f): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

The wise ones drive through Imo State, to other States to get married. If you dare stop your car in Imo State for marriage, you are on your own.
I laff scatter abeg no kill me with laugh abeg.dnt u tink u are poisoning d mind of those intending 2 marry 4rm Imo state.chai diaris God oh in every tin we are saying.

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
yankison:

So why after all this expenses the woman still coming and try to be the head notch of the house crying my children my children
That I cannot tell.
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ngokafor: 9:52pm

...No mind them jare...upon sey their girls na' free',other tribes are not even trooping to marry them lipsrsealed...The ones wey marry na Igando Magistrate court many dey end last last..with all kinds of ridiculous excuses to divorce..no be today cheesy

laff don tear my belle 4 here Oooo!
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by onepluone: 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ngokafor: 9:52pm

laff don tear my belle 4 here Oooo! Yemi Alade carry culture too much! She dey in the knowing. grin grin
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by greenhope(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
nellybadas:
Dear nairalanders. I 've got this friend who is planning for his wedding scheduled to hold in 2 months. From all indication it looks like he is the only one responsible for all the finance. Now he suddenly received another message from his wife to be that her family says in their place, the prospective groom is responsible for all her family attire for the wedding. Just want to ask. Is it right?

Tell your friend that marriage is for matured mind and He should seek advice from those that have done it and are married today and not you.

secondly he has to take care of what his mother and mother in law will wear.

If he loves the girl he should stand his grand as a man and see through the wedding which will earn him respect and trust.

Finally he should rub mind with this bride family and be open minded about the one he can do

4 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by YOLO1(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
oglalasioux:
Any woman who loves her man will never let him spend unnecessarily.
True talk. Isn't it stupid to overstretch ur husband's pocket just for wedding ceremony when you know you still have enough years to spend together. It's just greed and wickedness on the lady's part

2 Likes

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by basadenet: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
Capital NO.....unless if they are pauper, then you can help if you can but it is not compulsory.
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by deavicky(m): 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

una no go kill person

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by deavicky(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
greenhope:

Tell your friend that marriage is for matured mind and He should seek advice from those that have done it and are married today and not you.

secondly he has to take care of what his mother and mother in law will wear.

If he loves the girl he should stand his grand as a man and see through the wedding which will earn him respect and trust.

Finally he should rub mind with this bride family and be open minded about the one he can do

see urself!!!! only one like u get

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by prodiG(m): 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

A friend from imo that i met during service told me that in their village,the groom has to build a house for the bride's family b4 u can marry their daughter.Imagine!!

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

Aproko, you won't say what you know.

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fawklicant:
Bouyant or not, stomp your feet on the ground and say no! It is not your responsibility. If you agree now, the future holds hassles for you from your inlaws. No matter how pauperized they are, if they dont have the dignity to dress for their daughter's/sister's wedding, then they got no self respect at all. The highest you can do is buy for the parents out of the generosity of your heart, not as an obligation. Whole family ke?. Bii ti bawo?
I dey tell you,shame no dey d family face

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
prodiG:
A friend from imo that i met during service told me that in their village,the groom has to build a house for the bride's family b4 u can marry their daughter.Imagine!!
Build house kwa datz exaggeration

1 Like

Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by prodiG(m): 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nikapetrelli:
Build house kwa datz exaggeration
Like seriously!.He wasn't joking
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
prodiG:
Like seriously!.He wasn't joking
No doubt traditional marriage costs a lot in most of d towns in the East but building house I doubt dat.De in-laws no get house before,unless d new son-in-law na Eriwa(too much money) dat wants to build 4 them
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Bishops10(m): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2016
HungerBAD:
No it is wrong.

Is she from Imo State?

Your head there...
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by gallery0519(f): 12:25am On Jun 28, 2016
royalfamily:
And is she a virgin.
. Meaning?
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Ralphlauren:
It's issues like this that makes me very proud of my Yoruba roots and heritage !!!

There's absolutely no Yoruba Tribe where the groom is made to foot the cost of the attire of the bride's family !!! Wth!!

What happened to some dignity from the wife's family? Will the groom also bear the cost of the shoes, bags, cap, etc?

#proudlyyoruba

very few people have dignity these days
Re: Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 28, 2016
prodiG:

...O boy takam eazyyyyy "" shoooooo!!

are u a comedian??

or you deliberately wants to put more fire,

kkkkkkkkkk i can understand, you wants

more fiiirrre

isorite

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? / Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.