Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms (34891 Views)

Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR / Senate Standing Rules Forgery: Why I Was Listed As A Witness – Ita Enang / How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by OpinionLeader: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Justice Abang is really working hard for his boss PMB and his party, APC. grin grin
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by southpole: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
We are not talking about senators removing Saraki by either simple or 2/3 majority. This case is a criminal case not a normal democratic process. Supposing the court found them quilty as well as cancelled the election that produced him as senate president because the process was faulty, is this man saying saraki will not go because the court is not up to 2/3 majority of the senate?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
PigMeat:
Buhari, see the hate u have served on this platter, what we gonna get ? Dessert or disaster?

ah ah see nairaland rapper o
do you make music
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by tete7000(m): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
The president lied about his certificate, senate president forged the standing rule. All na same. What a beautifully crazy country we live!
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by smsdigito: 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
if senate president and his deputy cant be removed then this new case is waste of resources and effort by the federal government to reclaim the senate. Lets wacth and see how it goes
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Bimpe29: 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
Conclusively, APC was not ready and competent for governance. All these issues are as a result, of inherent weaknesses and disunity in the ruling party. Unfortunately, the untold hardships emanating from their carelessness are being felt greatly by innocent citizens.
We are too sensitive and good for an APC experiment.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
ayusco85:
If it were altered why did they plead not guilty?

Nigerian politicians are very allergic to the truth and honesty.
It's just a Nigerian thing. Lying, deceitful behavior and corruption are just part of Nigerian culture.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by cleansystem(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
These guys can actually frustrate this government if care is not taken. They will be united and become a formidable force against this perceived witch hunting. It's really sad that the APC govt is diverting the masses attention instead of working together for the good of the ordinary citizen.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
Saraki CAN NOT BE REMOVED because,

1. Like Adeyeye said, you need 2/3 of the members to remove him, being that PDP has publicly withdrawn her support for Buhari, they won't join forces to remove Saraki.
2. You cannot prove that Saraki actually altered the rules, even though the rules were altered. Because he was not the Senate president before the elections. What it means is that, any civil servant will be made a scapegoat, take the fall and will get plenty cash to save him/her the trouble .
3. The election will be nullified, with fresh ones schedule, which Saraki will still stand. And if they can't get 2/3 to remove him, means he can at least get simply majority and win again. Then you can imagine what his decision towards APC will be. So in the long run, it's a win-win for Saraki.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
southpole:
We are not talking about senators removing Saraki by either simple or 2/3 majority. This case is a criminal case not a normal democratic process. Supposing the court found them quilty as well as cancelled the election that produced him as senate president because the process was faulty, is this man saying saraki will not go because the court is not up to 2/3 majority of the senate?
How can court find Saraki guilty? Does the law work retrogressively? Or was Saraki the Senate president before the senate elections? They (Saraki and Ekweremadu) are answering the case because they were accused and they happen to be the winners of the elections. The worst that will happen is that the election will be cancelled with order to conduct fresh one which Saraki will still be eligible to contest.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by seguntijan(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
I do no pity APC for having to deal with the criminal in Saraki at this stage when all hands should be on deck to save our economy from what looks like imminent recession. That is part of the price they have to pay for using criminals to win election.
The latest trial ( criminal conspiracy and forgery ) might not convict Saraki and his deputy directly but it will certainly lead to nullification of their elections. Maikasuwa and his deputy will have their days in prison for the forgery.
All these are not worth celebrating for those who want a more credible person to lead the 8th assembly as the pro-PMB APC senators lack the number to determine the next Senate leaders.
The likes of Dino Malaye, Mai Rakunmi (Shehu Sani) , Danjuma Goje, David Umaru (Niger east), will not hesitate to team up with PDP again to produce the next senate President and DSP. CCT will take care of Saraki slowly but surely.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by 989900: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
stevedure:
Saraki CAN NOT BE REMOVED because,

1. Like Adeyeye said, you need 2/3 of the members to remove him, being that PDP has publicly withdrawn her support for Buhari, they won't join forces to remove Saraki.
2. You cannot prove that Saraki actually altered the rules, even though the rules were altered. Because he was not the Senate president before the elections. What it means is that, any civil servant will be made a scapegoat, take the fall and will get plenty cash to save him/her the trouble .
3. The election will be nullified, with fresh ones schedule, which Saraki will still stand. And if they can't get 2/3 to remove him, means he can at least get simply majority and win again. Then you can imagine what his decision towards APC will be. So in the long run, it's a win-win for Saraki.

If he couldn't win in an open free and fair election then, what makes you think he can win now?

Then we still have the little matter of 'conspiracy to commit forgery'.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Mylove55(f): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
olumaxi:
Saraki cant b removed ke?...this chief whip shld b whipped silly....instead for him to advise saraki to step down honourably...u wil al rot on earth and in hell for looting dis country
u cant understand a simple analogy, - he cant be remove by number but can be remove by court. and that is d only way out to remove saraki and his deputy
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Mylove55(f): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
southpole:
We are not talking about senators removing Saraki by either simple or 2/3 majority. Supposing the court found them quilty as well as cancelled the election that produced him as senate president because the process was faulty, is this man saying saraki will not go because the court is not up to 2/3 majority of the senate?
i dont know why u guys misunderstand adeyeye, he said d number of vote against saraki is not enough to remove him, but only court can remove t
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3191488&post=46977550
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Deepfreezer(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
The lawmakers knew that a servant who is making jest of a fellow servant that is being prosecuted. Should know that he might be next.
Saraki is going no where.

Proudly 5%
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Deepfreezer(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
The lawmakers knew that a servant who is making jest of a fellow servant that is being prosecuted. Should know that he might be next.
Saraki is going nowhere

Proudly 5%
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
989900:

If he couldn't win in an open free and fair election then, what makes you think he can win now?

Then we still have the little matter of 'conspiracy to commit forgery'.
A lot has happened from that time till now. He has secure more supporters.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by OgundeleT(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
he cant be removed is different from he can't be sacked.. the man is right,
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by DaBullIT(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
For once, i think ?? i actually like and agree with your comment

Saraki will go home and thereafter loose his immunity then face prosecution, same as ekweremadu , same as fayose

This is not a political war , it's a war on corruption, indiscipline and Bigmouth

Good comment and i know some wailers would have insulted the hell out of you with Certificategate and witch hunt, don't mind dem o , it's just paining them
HungerBAD:
It was altered?

I might not be a Lawyer, but common sense tells me an offense has been committed. This Saraki and his band of adventurers, are a serious distraction on our polity. These guys are holding the Senate, and by extension, Nigerians hostage.

Saraki should respectfully just go.

Saraki is British, and he should take a cue from his brother David Cameron, and just resign with dignity.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by ChikaSunday(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
valdes00:
I went to the police station to certify my document. On arrival, I met one of the policemen reading the bible, specifically Genesis, I was so impressed so I asked him, “Officer, who killed Abel, Adam’s son?” He raised his head, looked at my face with dismay and said, “I don’t know, ask Sgt Asare, he is in charge of murder cases.”¤¤¤¤¤
HAVE A BLESSED WEEk AHEAD

Nice one bro: on a financial part, start collecting your jokes together; you can publish them in many places online; you can still publish them as hard copies to sell. Cheers.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by valdes00(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
ChikaSunday:

Nice one bro: on a financial part, start collecting your jokes together; you can publish them in many places online; you can still publish them as hard copies to sell. Cheers.
For real.... I really don't knw abt that.... I will appreciate it if u can show me how to go abt it
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by geefasee: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
truthspeaks:
One year don pass yet buhari has not bn able to jail a fly. Pls all ye zombies, tell him to face governance n make the lives of Nigerians better. Wen we r full in our tummy, we ll be hapi to watch all these political movies u ppl keep releasing
it seems he wants to start jailing in his second term
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Roadmike(m): 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Think the right person to go is the dullard Daura Born who did not seat for the school Certificate yet claims her did and rather that presenting same hired over 55 SAN to defend him, which is easy and cost effective .

The same dullard promise reducing the presidential fleet after accusing is predecessor of extravagance, what has he done in his stead. ?

HungerBAD:
It was altered?

I might not be a Lawyer, but common sense tells me an offense has been committed. This Saraki and his band of adventurers, are a serious distraction on our polity. These guys are holding the Senate, and by extension, Nigerians hostage.

Saraki is British, and he should take a cue from his brother David Cameron, and just resign with dignity.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by busyfishing(m): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
PigMeat:
Buhari, see the hate u have served on this platter, what we gonna get ? Dessert or disaster?
..your moniker says it all..mumu
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by PigMeat: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
busyfishing:
..your moniker says it all..mumu
and your monicker says what ?
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by mindtricks: 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
HungerBAD:
It was altered?

If the hunter shoots without aiming, the bird will fly without perching.
The real witch Buhari should be hunting is his yet unseen performance for the good of the masses.

The British don't do selective probes like Buhari's is doing. He can continue chasing the wind till these 4 years finally waste away.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by buchibrand(m): 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
And Saraki will say "by the way the president forged his certificate to win election and I did same to win election also, so what's the big deal here"

Secondly, the senate may likely pass the bill granting Saraki and Ekweremadu immunity, just to end all the political season film.

Maybe even the Niger Delta Avengers will also ask the president to "free" Saraki and his Deputy of face total war.

If things gets worse Saraki will go back to PDP and team up with 5%ers to WAR against Buhari.

Which Way My People?
Abeg how much is a litre of Kerosene in your area?
Se una get light?
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by prof12(m): 4:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Morkavictor:
what of buhari that is holding Nigeria hostage with his cluelessness and nepotism.

People like you never see the truth nor speak the truth about someone or something.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by ashjay001(m): 7:07am On Jun 28, 2016
ayusco85:
If it were altered why did they plead not guilty?

Nigerian politicians are very allergic to the truth and honesty.

Once they plead guilty, no case! They get jailed, and probably negotiate terms of service.
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Unbrandedguy: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=HurtgenForest post=46977923]

Buhari claimed to have sat for WASC organised by Cambridge even though we know he did not.

Ask Buhari to resign first.

He is the most tribal, vindictive, divisive and wicked president Nigeria has ever had.[/quote

Very unfortunate!, but I'm sure one day, he will be on hot stool..
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Unbrandedguy: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2016
buchibrand:
And Saraki will say "by the way the president forged his certificate to win election and I did same to win election also, so what's the big deal here"

Secondly, the senate may likely pass the bill granting Saraki and Ekweremadu immunity, just to end all the political season film.

Maybe even the Niger Delta Avengers will also ask the president to "free" Saraki and his Deputy of face total war.

If things gets worse Saraki will go back to PDP and team up with 5%ers to WAR against Buhari.

Which Way My People?
Abeg how much is a litre of Kerosene in your area?
Se una get light?

And you forget what buhari and his APC junta will do?? They will use their Rottweiler (EFCC) to go after him.. Be fore u know it, he, ekweremadu and some others will be on the run.. Rembr, buhari has already basterdized the immunity clause.. U will see.. APC will still retain the senate, the way these things are going.. Cos ROTTWEILERS are sniffing everybody's ynash.. What a misfortune!
Re: Forgery: Senate’s Standing Rules Were Altered – Chief Whip, Adeyeye Confirms by Unbrandedguy: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2016
prof12:

People like you never see the truth nor speak the truth about someone or something.

Wat is d truth? Did u hear how the recent police IG (Idris) was chosen and appointed?.. Tell us the truth.. Truthteller

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 / Idps In Sambisa Camp Live Lesser Than Goats- Doctor Shares Heartbreaking Pics / Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.