Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed (28254 Views)

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones / Kenyan Lady Threatens A Native Doctor Who Failed To Get Her A Husband In 2016 / Yaa Boakyewaa's Leaked Sex Video Makes Her Attempt Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
MrImole:

Mrvitalis and anonymous, come and school me about the difference between population vote and college votes.

I'll appreciate a well detailed explanations.
God bless you sirs

In the United States elections are done state by state just like in Nigeria. The difference is that when the votes are counted, its not the direct sum that is used to determine the president. For example. In Texas alone, if the Republican party wins maybe 30,656,746 to 1,234,987. . . you see thats a very large gap. In Nigerian system, the people for the winning party will be celebrating because of the large gap as it adds a big boost to their chances of winning. However in America it just means that the Republican party gets to select the politicians that will represent the state and vote at the Electoral College. Those representatives total about 538 for all the states. Then those representatives will now vote AGAIN at the Electoral college convention, and then whoever wins THAT election is declared the winner.
I HATE that system so much. Imagine if the republican party won in Texas, but all their representatives have been bribed heavily by the opposition to vote for them. The funniest thing is that the votes in the Electoral College are anonymous so nobody knows who votes for who. That is how George Bush won, Americans hated him, just go to youtube and type 'George Bush Idiot' and you'll see millions of videos by Americans INSULTING (in fact, insulting is too small. more like DESTROYING) him.
Imagine if Nigeria used that system. Hehehehe. That will be the end. When politicians are already jumping from party to party. All PDP or APC has to do to win is to go and plant a seed in their opposition and make sure people trust him. Then by the time elections come, and he is selected by the party to represent the state he will just vote for the opposition. Shikena. Thats why I fear for Donald Trump because he's not a politician. Hillary (Democratic Party) just has to bribe her friends and once her friends in the opposition (Republican) party are chosen to represent states where Trump wins, then they'll vote for her.
I'm not the best teacher but I hope you understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by sukomit(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
If the attempt is from one crazy ignorant Muslim man, it will be tagged an Islamic Terrorist. But not coming from muslim person, it is just an assassination attempt.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by holyfather(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
mrvitalis:
People really think Americans actually vote for their president??
Trump might win the population vote but will lose to Clinton in the college vote (which actually determine the winner)
This is the hypocrisy of American "democracy".
And most Nigerians, always feeling everything about em is better off.
They have a seating cabal running that nation

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by holyfather(m): 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Most people don't know that lol. They just open their uneducated mouths on nairaland. . .
Its sad though. That's how George Bush won. He never should have been president. Because twice, the people's vote favoured the person running against him
I wonder why, with that messed up system, they still have the audacity to be causing unrest in other countries in the name of 'helping them have democracy' when their own is not even good.

My dear the thing tire me o @bolded

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by MrImole: 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

In the United States elections are done state by state just like in Nigeria. The difference is that when the votes are counted, its not the direct sum that is used to determine the president. For example. In Texas alone, if the Republican party wins maybe 30,656,746 to 1,234,987. . . you see thats a very large gap. In Nigerian system, the people for the winning party will be celebrating because of the large gap as it adds a big boost to their chances of winning. However in America it just means that the Republican party gets to select the politicians that will represent the state and vote at the Electoral College. Those representatives total about 538 for all the states. Then those representatives will now vote AGAIN at the Electoral college convention, and then whoever wins THAT election is declared the winner.
I HATE that system so much. Imagine if the republican party won in Texas, but all their representatives have been bribed heavily by the opposition to vote for them. The funniest thing is that the votes in the Electoral College are anonymous so nobody knows who votes for who. That is how George Bush won, Americans hated him, just go to youtube and type 'George Bush Idiot' and you'll see millions of videos by Americans INSULTING (in fact, insulting is too small. more like DESTROYING) him.
Imagine if Nigeria used that system. Hehehehe. That will be the end. When politicians are already jumping from party to party. All PDP or APC has to do to win is to go and plant a seed in their opposition and make sure people trust him. Then by the time elections come, and he is selected by the party to represent the state he will just vote for the opposition. Shikena. Thats why I fear for Donald Trump because he's not a politician. Hillary (Democratic Party) just has to bribe her friends and once her friends in the opposition (Republican) party are chosen to represent states where Trump wins, then they'll vote for her.
I'm not the best teacher but I hope you understand

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by MrImole: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
mrvitalis:

There is what is called an electoral collage they are about 400 in number they are elected by the population...
If u win the college vote and lose the population vote u still win the election

Thanks
Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by Hillarie(m): 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Puhaahahahhahahahahaahaha! "TRUMPUTO UZUMAKI" 45th Hokage cheesy

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
As much as I hate to say this, whether we like it or not, Trump will be the next American president. The only thing standing between him and the white house is a recession. Expect one this year that'll make the 2008 Economic Meltdown look like child's play
Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by DaBullIT(m): 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
I said probably , i did not confirm if he is or not , You will regret this comment
abduljabbar4:

Id!ot, are christians not assassins? Check well before you type rubbish. That guy is a christian.
Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by Coolgent(m): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thank God he is not Muslim otherwise they will tag him as Terrorist!
But since he is one of them they will lebeled him as loner or mentally unstable.
Hypocrites!
Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by jonmoveek: 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hmm, you think so.
Well, I concur then.

PaulAdeka:

You should know that whatever happens to the USA indirectly affects so many Nations of the world, including Nigeria, so we should hope that everything go well....
Re: Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Failed by jonmoveek: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
You are damn right tho.

The world we find ourselves in

Coolgent:
Thank God he is not Muslim otherwise they will tag him as Terrorist!
But since he is one of them they will lebeled him as loner or mentally unstable.
Hypocrites!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cameroonian Church Holds Thanksgiving Service For The Late Queen. Pics And Video / Guam Is Telling Its Citizens How To Survive A Nuclear Attack By North Korea. / Senegal’s President: Bassirou Fayeone Publicly Decleared Personal Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.